Relaxed's 2014 Outdoor Medical Grow

Congrats on baby Jack being born. ;) Here's hoping Jack grows into a big beautiful girl for ya. :)

Is it Thursday yet?

Dag Lester, you have us buying tickets and standing in line for the Thurs Update...

Magic & I are at the front of the line. We're on a date to Lester's Thursdays dinner & show...

First off, I just want to thank each of you for the comments and support. :circle-of-love: Sending you all lots of love and positive energy :Namaste:

Without further adieu, let's proceed with today's Weekly Update. I've been extremely busy with this plant. Today was the day to harvest, I'm really glad I didn't let her go any longer, the storms seemed to ripen her up real good. A handful of buds had a bit of botrytis, spotty, little rotted portions here and there - making it really hard to detect. It wasn't surprising, actually I'm really impressed there wasn't more mold than there was - got to her right in time. Smells delicious and may definitely be some of the best KC-45 that I've grown to date.

IMG_43087.JPG

IMG_42841.JPG
IMG_42851.JPG
IMG_42863.JPG
IMG_42874.JPG
IMG_42892.JPG
IMG_42913.JPG

Let's take a break from the harvest and just be with the younger gals for a second
IMG_42926.JPG
IMG_42933.JPG
IMG_42944.JPG
IMG_42955.JPG

Okay, back to trimming. One nug at a time :volcano-smiley:
IMG_42962.JPG
IMG_42973.JPG
IMG_42985.JPG

Gathering the smallest flowers for oil
IMG_43046.JPG

Mid and upper canopy buds
IMG_43013.JPG
IMG_43096.JPG

Let's take another break from the long harvest and check out the concentrates and puff a bowl :volcano-smiley: One note I want to make about the one labeled fresh. I extracted some oil from some uncured, relatively fresh herb, and it is some of the best concentrate I've made to date, it smells just incredible. :cheer: For an alcohol extraction - that is as good as it gets.
IMG_43057.JPG
IMG_43067.JPG
IMG_43076.JPG

Okay back to harvest pictures
IMG_431010.JPG
IMG_43128.JPG
IMG_43148.JPG
IMG_43195.JPG
IMG_43203.JPG

New tent line up consisting of KC-45 Phenotype #6 (Original Zilla Clone), Critical, and the freshly flowering Blueberry x Santa Maria specimen (as she was begging to be flowered)
IMG_43158.JPG
IMG_43167.JPG
IMG_43177.JPG
IMG_43187.JPG

:Namaste:

Your Thurs Updates are never a disappointment Lester. All joking aside I really do look forward to them. They've become one of my favorite highlights here on 420 & like clockwork, every Thurs. Even if you're not with your girls you give us some retro throwback pics from Lester's Playboy Mansion. Thanxx for the consistency and Congrats on your harvest.

McD's

Hot diggity dog Lester now that is happy thurweed day. Always looking really good. Gorgeous girls, beautiful buds and a harvest. :circle-of-love::goodjob::volcano-smiley: Happy Days my friend

Heya Lester I have been waiting all day through work to catch up and soak in your update today. I concur and echo what BAR worded so well, and for my part, I will not view your new updates the first time during the day on my phone because I want all the time I desire/need to soak it all up properly. I have been sitting here for the past 30 minutes scrolling slowly up, stopping, scrolling slowly up, stopping, gazing in awe, and then repeating that process.

Congratulations on your fine and well earned harvest Relaxed. Well done sir! Looking at those buds, I can just see all of the outside goodness, aromas, spices, and essences just soaked into them. That is a fine garden you are managing sir. Thank you for sharing w/ us beachcombers. Best to you!

:high-five: :thumb: and Aloha! :)

Hahahah wow so eloquent colorful, how am I supposed to follow that??

Congrats Lester! :slide: that looks like a very nice harvest! And as always, the other plants are all looking awesome. Sounds like you had a great day! Can't wait to see the next flowers, you always seem to have something beautiful to keep our attention. :Namaste: :love:

Oh Lester, Lester...
It's early morning here. I'm only on my first coffee. Vocabulary synapses haven't kicked in yet. So.....
:adore::adore::adore:
:bravo: and
:thanks:

Your Thurs Updates are never a disappointment Lester. All joking aside I really do look forward to them. They've become one of my favorite highlights here on 420 & like clockwork, every Thurs. Even if you're not with your girls you give us some retro throwback pics from Lester's Playboy Mansion. Thanxx for the consistency and Congrats on your harvest.

McD's

Thank you so much, brother! :circle-of-love: So glad to hear it :) :cheer:

Hot diggity dog Lester now that is happy thurweed day. Always looking really good. Gorgeous girls, beautiful buds and a harvest. :circle-of-love::goodjob::volcano-smiley: Happy Days my friend
Mahalo brother, now that I think of it. 2014 could not have gone much better (but I can hope, can't I? :laughtwo:). It was absolutely incredible the way things worked out with the timing of my plants and their outcomes. Though that was not completely random, I did not think I would be able to come close to 2013's bounty, but I did! :)

Nice job RL! How do you make your concentrate? I've made some mediocre batches. Any tips would be appreciated!

Aloha JadeLotus! :ciao: I make my concentrate using 99% isopropyl alcohol using the Quick - Wash - Isopropyl alcohol - Extraction method.
This is analogous to making concentrated cannabis oil using grain alcohol (which some people prefer because it's considered "food grade") How to Make Concentrated Cannabis Oil, however, in both cases you are going to get some solvent residues left behind (very very low PPM amounts which are easily tolerable to the human body), it's when it actually smells/tastes like solvent (via olfactory system) that it would be a problem...

QWISO is a much different, polar opposite technique that uses cold fluids to extract the terpenes/cannabinoids. Here's a general summary of the steps that are included, but playing around with different techniques to the process can yield you different textured products;

1) I get the alcohol very cold (as cold as it can get in a conventional freezer - it won't freeze), optionally you can freeze your trim/nugs too, but I've found that only lowers the percent recovery. So I've been using ice cold alcohol and room temperature botanicals.

2) I usually mix about 10 grams of buds/popcorns and about 475 mL of ice cold alcohol into a mason jar.

3) Depending on how long you let the herbs be in contact with the extracting solvent, it will drag out more compounds from within, most notably - the dreaded chlorophyll - which lowers the purity of your end result, however is not a problem for some people. Let me clarify, if you use warm herb and warm alcohol and soak it for a long time, or over the course of ~20 minutes, lots of chlorophyll will get extracted , among other things, which will increase recovery but not purity.

4) Generally, I shake the jar vigorously to extract most of the resin into the solvent, the solution should never be green - but only golden. I've experimented with different techniques, and wash times. The more you shake the jar, the more heat you create, and over time, more chlorophyll you drag out inherently, so you want to be quick about it. Basically you can shake the mixture for 30-60 seconds and strain to remove all solids.

5) Next step will leave you with a golden filtrate which should be evaporated off (outdoors for safety! - this step can be considered dangerous if not following proper protocol) to yield a clear amber oil, which is the ideal end result in this case.

That's pretty much it, you can check out a previous post I've made about it HERE.

One last note about the QWISO is that, generally it is said that cured and fully dried herbs will extract better, but I don't find that necessarily true. The oils I extracted from fresh herbs were the best I ever made, so I will keep doing it like that from now on.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions or concerns. :high-five:

Heya Lester I have been waiting all day through work to catch up and soak in your update today. I concur and echo what BAR worded so well, and for my part, I will not view your new updates the first time during the day on my phone because I want all the time I desire/need to soak it all up properly. I have been sitting here for the past 30 minutes scrolling slowly up, stopping, scrolling slowly up, stopping, gazing in awe, and then repeating that process.

Congratulations on your fine and well earned harvest Relaxed. Well done sir! Looking at those buds, I can just see all of the outside goodness, aromas, spices, and essences just soaked into them. That is a fine garden you are managing sir. Thank you for sharing w/ us beachcombers. Best to you!

:high-five: :thumb: and Aloha! :)

So glad to read your wonderful comment! Thank you for that, you really have a way with words, my friend! And you and all the other fellow beachcombers are definitely welcome! Be Well :circle-of-love: :Namaste:

Hahahah wow so eloquent colorful, how am I supposed to follow that??

Congrats Lester! :slide: that looks like a very nice harvest! And as always, the other plants are all looking awesome. Sounds like you had a great day! Can't wait to see the next flowers, you always seem to have something beautiful to keep our attention. :Namaste: :love:

Much Mahalo Sister! Yesterday went by quick, but the herbs are drying and the little seedlings are growing, the plants are flowering, and vegetating. There is not much more I could ask for. I am very stoked for this next line up. :) :circle-of-love:

Oh Lester, Lester...
It's early morning here. I'm only on my first coffee. Vocabulary synapses haven't kicked in yet. So.....
:adore::adore::adore:
:bravo: and

It's morning here now! Good Day to You. Thanks for clicking through, glad you enjoyed the update. Now I must get to my :nomo: as well :) :thanks: :circle-of-love:

Great Update Lester, so much is happening in that garden, harvest, extracts, clones, flowering... :bravo::bravo: Blueberry is beautiful

Much Mahalo brother! Wonderful comment :thanks:

Great description of QWISO, Lester. Thanks for sharing. I used fresh popcorns when I did my extract for my KC36, and results were small, but spectacular (strength-wise). I ran out of solvent at the time, so now those half-extracted popcorns are dry, ground up, and waiting for round two, lol.

Congratulations on your harvest. :) I can't imagine how much work that must have been, trimming such a big girl. Hoping the little spots of botitis isn't too bad. Those buds look gorgeous. :goodjob:

Looking forward to following along with your younger gals, they look like they have a lot of potential to them. Hoping the zilla clones grow as bountifully as their host plant. ;)

Happy Solstice, and Merry Christmas, and may your holidays and new year be green and hazy and pain-free and happy. :)

Thank you for sharing your oil recipe Lester. That is choice information to have! Guess what I'm going to do soon for the first time in my life?!

:slide:

You're a saint Relaxed!

Thanks for the kind words ;)

If you have any further questions, feel free to let me know :high-five:

Be Well :ciao: :Namaste:

Great description of QWISO, Lester. Thanks for sharing. I used fresh popcorns when I did my extract for my KC36, and results were small, but spectacular (strength-wise). I ran out of solvent at the time, so now those half-extracted popcorns are dry, ground up, and waiting for round two, lol.

Congratulations on your harvest. :) I can't imagine how much work that must have been, trimming such a big girl. Hoping the little spots of botitis isn't too bad. Those buds look gorgeous. :goodjob:

Looking forward to following along with your younger gals, they look like they have a lot of potential to them. Hoping the zilla clones grow as bountifully as their host plant. ;)

Happy Solstice, and Merry Christmas, and may your holidays and new year be green and hazy and pain-free and happy. :)

I was surprised at how much I still recovered from a round 2 extraction, however the potency was lacking so I usually try to be a little more vigorous on the initial wash and just be done off 1 round, but that's just me.

Oh yeah, Sister Zilla was a tough one to trim. So many little buds. Could only do a rough trim at first, been puffing what I harvested multiple weeks ago from the bottom buds, and wow, we are very pleased with the results. This is some of the best KC I've ever grown hands down. The flavor and potency are incredible. 100% naturally and organically grown makes a big difference, not to mention the nice rain cleansing she kept getting before the harvests. Real pleasure of a plant, kind of a shame I won't have that phenotype anymore, but it's okay. :volcano-smiley:

Yeah the mold wasn't too bad, I inspected very thoroughly :Namaste:

Thank you for your support AMK, Happy Holidays! :xmas:

Back
Top Bottom