Relaxed's Outdoor Medical Grow - 2015

Pretty purpling :cheesygrinsmiley:
:thanks:

Drive Bye. Been awhile sorry. Man IF I had anything even near outside right now,,,,,,,,,,,, my shit wood be rotted into a black and gray mass of fuzz. But as far as slow growth, you even feel it inside. Unless you got a temp controlled room. My veg room out in the office soil temps get pretty cold. ! 1/2' tall plants in a 5 gallon pot and I haven't watered in the last couple weeks. They sure do slow. But your in for some great colors. Hope your having a Great Holidays. Keepem Green

Thank you brother! I'm definitely not gonna be watering them, probably at all for the rest of their cycle. Mother nature will take care of them. And I've been watching the weather, pretty crazy weather up north! We've been getting the remnants, but soon we will probably see storms come at us like a conveyor belt, one after the other. Hopefully I can get this crop harvested before that happens. :Namaste: Happy Holidays to you and yours! :circle-of-love:

Kinda late but Merry Christmas and happy new year.....:circle-of-love:

Aloha Dennise, thank you and right back at ya! Merry X-mas and Happy New Year :circle-of-love:

I love the range of colors you have going here Lester. It's a shame there's not some simple and inexpensive way to keep the soil temperatures up. Have you considered packing the area with hay as an insulator? This is how my mother trained me to think. :cheesygrinsmiley: We used to harvest broccoli at Thanksgiving in Pittsburgh because we packed hay around the plants at the first sign of falling temperatures.

Given the fact that they get no direct sunlight they're doing amazingly well. I'm impressed with the soil's capacity to keep going in the cold. If you can warm that soil up I'd think they should take off more aggressively.

Nice tip on the hay, but it would be too much work for me ;) The white tent material is anti-frost material used in the fields by strawberry growers so it keeps it relatively warmer in the tent rather than outside. As long as it doesn't freeze, we'll be OK. What I'm starting to do to help them is, I've been removing them all from the tent for about ~30 minutes a day into the pure direct/warm sunlight to help initiate further trichome production, and warm up the black pots they're in. I have also squeezed/bunched them all together into the corner of the planter bed so that each plant receives a portion of the Sunrise. I will remove them from the tent to sit in the Sun for a bit each day, and this should help their energy production (the advantage of container growing). If I had it my way, I would move them into the Sun all day each day, however the plants really need to, for the most part, remain in the sealed greenhouse for safety/security reasons.

Nonetheless, they are doing quite well given the circumstances. I always love to see a flowering cannabis plant turn purple, it is one of the great joys about growing. Especially, the vegetative - flowering transition. Plants also produce "anti-freeze" proteins which lower the freezing point of their "blood" (water solution), so they have numerous tactics for surviving... They can also generate heat in different ways, by controlling the reactions that take place inside them. It's just that they've been spending the majority of their energy to survive/produce heat, rather than spending costly amounts on the fruit production. But with how things are set up now, and their daily allotment of pure light, they should get a nice boost and start growing more appreciably towards making the fruit. :Namaste:

The UD is doing just fine, it's the JD I'm trying to jump start. :cheer:

Beautiful and fascinating as always Lester.

Do you have much problem with dew in your tent?

:thanks:

No problems with dew in the tent, it all gets caught up on the tent material :)

Well folks, thank you for joining me on my year 2015 journey. I very much enjoyed sharing it with you!

This basically concludes this year's journal, I'll post the link to the New Year 2016 one when it gets posted tomorrow, and I'll continue journaling right where we left off.

To properly end this journal, I'll add a few of my favorite pictures from this 365 day cannabis-growing journey.

IMG_45787.JPG

IMG_46963.JPG

IMG_48154.JPG
IMG_49268.JPG
IMG_49348.JPG
IMG_49847.JPG
IMG_50655.JPG
IMG_51275.JPG
IMG_51587.JPG
IMG_51674.JPG
IMG_51814.JPG
IMG_51631.JPG
IMG_52055.JPG

IMG_57348.JPG
IMG_59037.JPG
IMG_59796.JPG
IMG_60334.JPG
IMG_60925.JPG
IMG_60976.JPG
IMG_60996.JPG
IMG_61507.JPG

Thank you all for your support, have a Happy & Safe New Year! :Namaste:

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom