Relaxed's 2014 Outdoor Medical Grow

Beautiful Lester, glad they didn't get beat up in the storm, those BBxSM's really are pieces of art! Love the vibrant colors. Hope you're well today, enjoying those lovely Sis-zilla buds! :love:

Storm? What storm? :) Siszilla's budz look gorgeous and tasty Relaxed. Happy harvest and well grown. Does the moisture inside the buds burn off pretty quickly once the air dries out and the sun hits them? Because of the cold/cooler temperatures and rainy summers here, I don't think open air grows would be successful but I'm curious if one would want to imitate rain by spraying the plant in the greenhouse or if just managing an adequate ambient humidity would be sufficient. Thank you for sharing and have a great weekend Lester. Cheers

Thanks for the kind words. :thanks:

Yes, the moisture in the buds does evaporate off quicker when the air clears out, breeze comes up, and Sun comes out. That's exactly what happened to them after the storm, thankfully. I did find a tiny bit of mold, but it was a very tiny amount. To answer your question from an oceanic standpoint, and growing in a humid environment - when you are in hard/deep flower you don't want to spray your buds with anything (if you live in a dry desert you can get away with it typically), but it a humid ocean environment you would want to stop spraying at a certain point in flower before the buds get too dense.

My point is, you won't want to "replicate rain" in deep flower, but vegetation and early flower is great - especially with sea kelp mixed in. You run the risk of botrytis mold growing on your buds, it's really a big problem if you have a strain that is not well suited, and the conditions could favor mold growth. That, along with the dreaded worms that come from moths - but that's another story.

Moral of this story is that, typically, for most modern strains (minus this KC-45 exception), that I pray for dry conditions in hard flower, otherwise it is generally not too surprising to end up with buds that are rotted from the inside out. You look at them and you may not even notice before it's too late. For situations where I'm unsure the inside has rotten out of a big dense bud, I do the fan leaf "tug test" and tug on the leaf accompanying different sites of the cola, if one "healthy looking" leaf slides right out, then I know there is dead tissue at the petiole and further investigation inside is required.

Anyway, here is an illustration showing what I had to do to a previously depicted bud after I noticed in the picture something wasn't right.

IMG_41986.JPG

Hope this helps :Namaste:

Beautiful Lester, glad they didn't get beat up in the storm, those BBxSM's really are pieces of art! Love the vibrant colors. Hope you're well today, enjoying those lovely Sis-zilla buds! :love:

Hi SoilGirl! :ciao: Thanks a bunch, yes, I am very surprised that there wasn't more damage from that storm. Sometimes we are just amazed at things! And I can't wait to get the BB x SM kicked into flower gear and clear up some space for the new stuff. But damn it's been fun training them! Hope all is well for you and the family! Stay Warm Sister! :circle-of-love: :volcano-smiley:

Pretty :thumb:
Aloha Happy Shatterday Brotha :high-five:

Mahalo brother and a Great Skunkday to You over there! :ciao: :circle-of-love: Hope all is well with you and the family, brother. :peace:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Still a decent amount on this plant :yummy:

IMG_42288.JPG

Over and Out folks :volcano-smiley: :volcano-smiley: :surf:

Hi Lester, sincerest thanks to you for the awesome post and information - all extremely informative and helpful to me moving forward with planning my outdoor/greenhouse grow this coming spring. And agreed re: the dreaded moths and worms because we have plenty of those here in AK too. They can make fast work and devastate even the healthiest of gardens. I'm coastal on the same ocean as you just 30 degrees cooler :) Thanks again Lester, a real delight and privilege to watch your garden and efforts. Thank you for all you share with us!

:Namaste: :thanks:

Those buds look de-lish, Lester. Really glad you and your girls weathered the storm well. Hoping the weather stays sunny and peaceful. Keep em green!

:Namaste:

Hi Lester, sincerest thanks to you for the awesome post and information - all extremely informative and helpful to me moving forward with planning my outdoor/greenhouse grow this coming spring. And agreed re: the dreaded moths and worms because we have plenty of those here in AK too. They can make fast work and devastate even the healthiest of gardens. I'm coastal on the same ocean as you just 30 degrees cooler :) Thanks again Lester, a real delight and privilege to watch your garden and efforts. Thank you for all you share with us!

:Namaste: :thanks:

You are all very welcome, glad to hear we're on the same page about those moths :) I appreciate the kind words and feedback. With a little initiative, you can achieve anything you set your mind and heart to :circle-of-love: :Namaste:

Those buds look de-lish, Lester. Really glad you and your girls weathered the storm well. Hoping the weather stays sunny and peaceful. Keep em green!

:Namaste:

Mahalo AMK, thanks for that. It was a big one. Another sequence of storms headed in, but these ones should not be nearly as strong as the last one. Getting ready to do some more harvesting in the not too distant future. Really edging to get things in gear for these winter flowers. :cheer:

Aloha Great Update Brotha Have a Happy Tokerday :thumb:

Aloha brother and thank you. Happy Tokerday right back at ya :high-five:

Cold rain coming down out there, gonna be like that for a few days...:surf:

:volcano-smiley:

Good morning weed Lester. I hate storms. I'm the same way you are when they come tearing into the yard. I have a hard time sleeping and I'm out there first light. You were lucky you had the cover over them. It's is good to hear that the ladies came through without to much stress. Now that is one nice pile of buds off sis. :bravo::circle-of-love: Love seeing your pictures with the sun shinning on the ladies. Happy Tokerday my friend. :volcano-smiley:

Good morning weed Lester. I hate storms. I'm the same way you are when they come tearing into the yard. I have a hard time sleeping and I'm out there first light. You were lucky you had the cover over them. It's is good to hear that the ladies came through without to much stress. Now that is one nice pile of buds off sis. :bravo::circle-of-love: Love seeing your pictures with the sun shinning on the ladies. Happy Tokerday my friend. :volcano-smiley:

Howdy brother Bee! Great to have you cruise through. I'm glad we feel the same way about our babies and you are so correct when you say I'm lucky they had a cover on them, otherwise I don't know what I'd be looking at. :geek::dreamy: Thank you very much for the positive energy and support, my friend. :circle-of-love: Have a great day. :Namaste:

Color, sheen, finger shape, & vane spacing are all different.
I'll guess that pic#1 is leaning Blue, and pic#2 is leaning Santa.
The darker one looks like she will be super strong, healthy, and productive. I LOVE that look. Although I've gotten some of my strongest smoke from one that looked like the former. How fun that we get to find out! :) Love 'em Les! :volcano-smiley:

Color, sheen, finger shape, & vane spacing are all different.
I'll guess that pic#1 is leaning Blue, and pic#2 is leaning Santa.
The darker one looks like she will be super strong, healthy, and productive. I LOVE that look. Although I've gotten some of my strongest smoke from one that looked like the former. How fun that we get to find out! :) Love 'em Les! :volcano-smiley:

I'm not positive because I've never grown DJ Short's Blueberry nor Santa Maria but I would suspect the opposite ;) Plant 1 has those slender, petite sativa leaves (much like the KC-45), which could suggest the dominant expression of Santa Maria (as it is also Amazonian). Plant 2 has broad leaflets with much less pronounced serrated edges - which could suggest a dominant expression of the Blueberry genetics (prevalent indica lineage!). Look at the KC-45 Zilla clone pictures below and compare that to Plant 1 - more similar, right? :volcano-smiley:

Just making conversation anyway, I'm sure both will be amazing, this is some seriously special medical cannabis :cheer:

Mahalo for the kind words, brother CareStaker! :ciao:

I'm looking forward to your comparison smoke report!! :bong:

Hi JadeLotus, long time no see :) Could be a little while, but I'm also looking forward to the same report! :goof:

:circle-of-love:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Swiss Cheese- stoked for this stuff :surf:
IMG_42707.JPG

Blueberry x SM Plant 2 (from previous post)
IMG_42736.JPG

Blueberry x SM Plant 1 (from previous post)
IMG_42794.JPG

KC-45 Pheno. #6 Zilla (clones of clones) - notice those petite leaves
IMG_42764.JPG

IMG_42775.JPG

In other great news, a Jack Herer seedling was born today. :Namaste: :yahoo:

I'm not positive because I've never grown DJ Short's Blueberry nor Santa Maria but I would suspect the opposite ;)

Very much enjoy conversatin' with you Les! Totally a guess, but I think it might be one those times where's it's the opposite of might be guessed by appearances. I looked at them, and noted much, but not all, of what you noted about the leaf shape. It was that stamped-out-of-tin looking leafs though - that landrace power, vigor, & sheen in #2 that reminded me of Panama and a certain Haze, and made me think that it would go the other way - and lean Santa. Course I was just slightly ;) high at the time, and it seemed to make a bit more sense :smokin:- but it still wouldn't surprise me to see it work out that way. Guess we will see when the buds start stacking and reeking. :cheer: Congrats on the Jack H, I'm interested in that one too. Best of green to you Les!:peace::Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom