Relaxed's Outdoor Medical Grow - 2015

That's some mighty nice purple developing on the leaves Lester. Your plants always look so vigorous. Are you able to grow outdoors there year-round? Lucky man. :battingeyelashes:

Hey just driving thru. You do know alittle JD will keep ya warm on a cold winters nite????????????? Jack's always helped me stay warm........ Oh we talking pot.......................... Happy Holidays. And one is sure showing her winter plumage. Kind of like 'Wild Turkey'..... Have a Green Xmas. and Keepem Green

Hello to you RL, It has been a while but finally getting back into a small garden. Have had new place for a year plus now. I have a good bead on balancing the utilities out. Plus the property manager did their yearly walk through and that was 2weeks ago. So I have 11 months to stealth out an indoor grow or two!! I will be going with feminized Auto's and seeking info that may be pertinent to help support them. Not tring to pick your brain or the time you've invested. Just figured you could direct me to a resource or possible link on their needs ~ do's and dont's. My knowledge of Auto's is general and from what is offered from Herbie's explanations. Plus Wiki's info of Ruderails'es (? plural) and common scene says their accelerated growth traits need to be handled differently. From what most consider "normal" of how they process feedings, amount of nuit's and such. I can share the exact seeds when I finally choose them in the next week. Just though I would ask if you could share a good read on them. I love investing time on gaining knowledge and the first thing to learn is, dont be stupid and ask. Thanks for your time and hope Santa was good to you, and 82* today here in central Florida. Still have white flies bothering my Hibiscus outside. Being inside, the Auto's will have 45*~50* at night and 65*~72* day temps as the laundry room I will use. Is not heated and has a attic pull down staircase hatch, that will be for venting. Also the heat from the lamps should keep moisture below 50%. Thanks again, and any info is more then appreciated. Keeper green and clean...Peace.....

:420: :Namaste:

goofyfoot, check out Atrain's threads. He's a master at getting the maximum out of autos and had two autos take POTM within 6 months. Well worth your time.

Finally found quiet time to visit the neighborhood. There's still hours in the day to stop and wish you the most joyous of holiday seasons Lester. May the days sparkle, not unlike the frostiness on your plants. :battingeyelashes: :love:

I hope you didn't take offense that I put Atrain's name out there. There was no intent to insinuate that you weren't highly qualified yourself. I have a fondness for both of you. Atrain is such a valuable resource IMO that I can't help but recommend him as well. :circle-of-love:

beauty overload :)

:thanks:

That's some mighty nice purple developing on the leaves Lester. Your plants always look so vigorous. Are you able to grow outdoors there year-round? Lucky man. :battingeyelashes:

Thanks, and this is the ~third year I've grown year round :cheer:

Hey just driving thru. You do know alittle JD will keep ya warm on a cold winters nite????????????? Jack's always helped me stay warm........ Oh we talking pot.......................... Happy Holidays. And one is sure showing her winter plumage. Kind of like 'Wild Turkey'..... Have a Green Xmas. and Keepem Green
I knew that the label "JD" would get you going! Stay warm and safe, brother. :Namaste:

Hello to you RL, It has been a while but finally getting back into a small garden. Have had new place for a year plus now. I have a good bead on balancing the utilities out. Plus the property manager did their yearly walk through and that was 2weeks ago. So I have 11 months to stealth out an indoor grow or two!! I will be going with feminized Auto's and seeking info that may be pertinent to help support them. Not tring to pick your brain or the time you've invested. Just figured you could direct me to a resource or possible link on their needs ~ do's and dont's. My knowledge of Auto's is general and from what is offered from Herbie's explanations. Plus Wiki's info of Ruderails'es (? plural) and common scene says their accelerated growth traits need to be handled differently. From what most consider "normal" of how they process feedings, amount of nuit's and such. I can share the exact seeds when I finally choose them in the next week. Just though I would ask if you could share a good read on them. I love investing time on gaining knowledge and the first thing to learn is, dont be stupid and ask. Thanks for your time and hope Santa was good to you, and 82* today here in central Florida. Still have white flies bothering my Hibiscus outside. Being inside, the Auto's will have 45*~50* at night and 65*~72* day temps as the laundry room I will use. Is not heated and has a attic pull down staircase hatch, that will be for venting. Also the heat from the lamps should keep moisture below 50%. Thanks again, and any info is more then appreciated. Keeper green and clean...Peace.....

:420: :Namaste:

Hi there goofyfoot! Been awhile, hope all is well. Sounds like it is in such warm and glorious temperatures. I guess that's one thing about Florida, never really gets cold. About the autoflowers, I couldn't really give you much advice as I've never grew a real autoflower. I'd imagine it wouldn't be too much different than nurturing any other plant. And like most, you don't know until you try!

goofyfoot, check out Atrain's threads. He's a master at getting the maximum out of autos and had two autos take POTM within 6 months. Well worth your time.

:thanks: :thumb:

Hey Brother heres Wishing you and your Family a Very Merry Christmas

Mahalo brother CHH! Thanks a bunch, wishing you and your family the happiest of Holidays my friend. :xmas: Merry X-mas and Happy New Year bro :volcano-smiley:

Finally found quiet time to visit the neighborhood. There's still hours in the day to stop and wish you the most joyous of holiday seasons Lester. May the days sparkle, not unlike the frostiness on your plants. :battingeyelashes: :love:

I hope you didn't take offense that I put Atrain's name out there. There was no intent to insinuate that you weren't highly qualified yourself. I have a fondness for both of you. Atrain is such a valuable resource IMO that I can't help but recommend him as well. :circle-of-love:

Glad you found some quiet time to come back! Thanks for the kind words, and no - don't worry I am happy that you came to goofy's assistance, as I know very little about autos! :thanks:

Hard to believe it's colder here than NYC, this is unprecedented! Lows will be in the low 40s, as they've been for awhile, dipping down into the high 30s, usually it does not get quite this cold on the coast down here. I'm guessing JD will be completely black in no time. :popcorn:

I'd imagine it wouldn't be too much different than nurturing any other plant. And like most, you don't know until you try!

Nurturing? Ah, that's where I've been going wrong.....I've been trying to light a fire under mine :bigblush: :biglaugh:

But aye, see Atrain if you want to grow autos and I'm sure he'll help find a strain that will fit you're requirments.

Thanks All and I did see where he has a number of links to read up on. My big thing, or what I have learned over time is Mother Nature holds all the aces...regardless of what anyone says or writes ...bottom line. Patients with trial and error over time wins the race. Also taking whats commonly agreeded on by 3 to 4 quality sources and sift their inputs together and use the crumbs as the base to build from.

What I have read up on so far just has some conflicts to it. As he mentions Miracle-Gro soil mix but they fortify their mix's with a 6 month time release nuit agent. Great for common/standard strains that will consume it completely when they explode in veg after 2 months at 18 on. And if you need to purge at the 8th~10th week...?? How??
Plus from site to site there are conflicts in the info they provide, as in soil types, watering and cycles. I wont mention them by name. I always say the wrong thing!!

Like RL said you wont know till you try!! Thanks for the time Lester and I will share a link to the journal. If I remember how!!
Looking at one feminized auto / indica (LSD-25) and a fem'd auto / sativa (Green Crack). Plus all the other pertinent info...... off to the Depot to build a box!!! ...Peace.....

:420: :Namaste: :thanks:

And somehow SweetSue didn't mention her favorite auto - Dark Devil Auto :)

Aye, Sue has really got me looking forward to trying that one.

Only problem with autos is the yield wars lol.....you can't just stick 'em in a big pot and veg them for months. Starting from seed and having to work within a fixed timescale makes for a nice level playing field, indoors at least. I'm currently running one that I'm pretty sure is Auto Pink Grapefruit and the record appears to be 183g, set by a member of another forum. My latest pics are here if you wanna see - Kushtie - ShortStuff Autos In NFT.

Just a few notes about the flowering Underdawg and Jack Dawg; just to clarify, they aren't actually getting any direct sunlight. For one, it's because of the white tent material which blocks out 15% of the light. Secondly, the Sun angles are so low that, only about 3 of the plants (the UD) positioned at the very end of the planter bed, are getting about 15 minutes of actual light in the morning, and then another brief alottment during the afternoon. 3 of the JD's are getting virtually no real light, just sitting in the shade.

What I've noticed: Growth rates have slowed down readily with the drop in temperature. We've been doing ~60 for highs and constant ~40 for lows. At one point, I had to water with the transition tea fertilizer, or atleast I felt the need to water without thinking the proceeding rains would give much water. Turns out, even though it's been real dry out, the containers/pots are not drying out very well at all, considering the temps and very little light/heat. The overwateredness and low temps and low light levels are contributing to a general "stunt", causing them to kind of idle along. JD is going real real slow. UD a little faster but very slow. It's not looking like they will finish by February as I had thought they might be able to. Nonetheless, they are strong plants, always perked and happy, hopefully they'll produce something worth while given enough time. It's definitely a much different and harsher winter than it was in 2014.

This was a plant that was flowering at this same time last year in 2014 (KC-45 brazilian sativa x russian ruderalis) - though my phenotype did not exhibit any autoflower traits; it fared the winter exquisitely...
IMG_40244.JPG

:peacetwo:

My First Attempt With Autos

Hello RL,
Here is the first copy hot off the press's and I think I did not screw it up to bad. Will add to it as things happen and " stuff " arrives. Keep her green and clean and will stay in touch, THANKS and ...Peace.....

:420: :Namaste: :thumb:

Pretty purpling :cheesygrinsmiley:

Drive Bye. Been awhile sorry. Man IF I had anything even near outside right now,,,,,,,,,,,, my shit wood be rotted into a black and gray mass of fuzz. But as far as slow growth, you even feel it inside. Unless you got a temp controlled room. My veg room out in the office soil temps get pretty cold. ! 1/2' tall plants in a 5 gallon pot and I haven't watered in the last couple weeks. They sure do slow. But your in for some great colors. Hope your having a Great Holidays. Keepem Green

I love the range of colors you have going here Lester. It's a shame there's not some simple and inexpensive way to keep the soil temperatures up. Have you considered packing the area with hay as an insulator? This is how my mother trained me to think. :cheesygrinsmiley: We used to harvest broccoli at Thanksgiving in Pittsburgh because we packed hay around the plants at the first sign of falling temperatures.

Given the fact that they get no direct sunlight they're doing amazingly well. I'm impressed with the soil's capacity to keep going in the cold. If you can warm that soil up I'd think they should take off more aggressively.

Back
Top Bottom