Relaxed's Outdoor Medical Grow - 2015

This looks like really tiny people covered it with really tiny Christmas lights.
IMG_61136.JPG

Those colors and that bright dusting is absolutely just right. Thanks as always Lester!

:Namaste:
Bob

Lester, your plants were an absolute delight to find this morning. I agree with Bob, that's just what it looks like. :laughtwo: How seasonally thematic of you. :battingeyelashes:

Thanks Dr. Bob and SweetSue! Glad you enjoyed the pictures. :thumb:

Outdoor temps dropping down to 41 F at night now, pretty darn cold for coastal temperatures. Could this help the JD morph into the colors of her original mother? We'll see :popcorn: :Namaste:

(previous JD spring force flowers)
IMG_51472.JPG
IMG_5168.JPG

Bud pic of the Blackberry
IMG_61277.JPG

Here is what the Blackberry looked like the first time I grew it, about 2 years ago (different pheno).

IMG_224610.JPG

:volcano-smiley:

Been awhile Lester. I haven't been keeping up on my sub's but I do see some pretty colors coming your way fast. I love the way you Keepem coming outdoors, and Keepem Green

the winter is your friend in this scenario mate

what a beauty wow, that colour, that resin production

spectacular

:bravo:

Thanks NW, Bob, 420brother, and Rado; here's a pic of the flowers from yesterday. Still one more lil' Swiss Cheese plant to harvest, but I've been medicating with the recently harvested batch already and it's one of the best batches I've grown, strong and very tasty. I think they really liked the cooler temps, bringing out some nice floral formations and terpenes that vaporize really well. They seem to always come out a lil' bit more dense during the fall/winter.

Anyway here is progress on the JD and UD winter batch
IMG_61284.JPG

:Namaste:

Beautiful Lester. I'm curious, what's your directional orientation on the outdoor grow space and how many hours of direct sunlight do you figure they're getting now? I have a balcony that faces slightly southeast and catches the morning sun. I keep the lower railings covered to block the view from the street and they're no neighboring buildings taller than ours, so no one can see what I'm doing up there. I was thinking it would be fun to grow one out there next summer into late fall, until right before frost becomes a concern.

Of course, it's mid Dec. now and they had temps in the 80s there yesterday, while here in Phoenix where I'm vacationing we had the coldest temps of the nation, so keeping a plant going well into late fall shouldn't be a concern. I'm just not sure how well one would do with the brief direct sunlight at this time of year. It sure would be nice to grow one under Sol Systems with cool temps to bring out some of those colors and terpenes.

Damn, that's one pretty plant! Love those colours, Lester! The man with the Midas touch. Nice job, M8.

Beautiful Lester. I'm curious, what's your directional orientation on the outdoor grow space and how many hours of direct sunlight do you figure they're getting now?

:thanks: They face the east, where the Sun rises. During the late fall/wintertime, the plants receive very little direct sunlight. Approximately 30 minutes in the morning, and another 30 minutes in the mid-afternoon. So, about 1 hour of direct sunlight per day (roughly). Everything else is reflected light. :thumb: :cheer:

Damn, that's one pretty plant! Love those colours, Lester! The man with the Midas touch. Nice job, M8.

:thanks: :Namaste:

Thank you Lester. That gives me hope. My balcony is still getting a few hours a day. That slight orientation to the south helps.

More pics of the JD and UD from during the sunrise. Right after watering with a cold transition tea. Purple stipules are forming on the JD, and also starting to turn purple on the undersides a bit. That should take off and she should run with it with these sustained cooler temps and root zone temps. So far so good. Now they have everything they need to flower into beautiful specimens. :Namaste:

IMG_61417.JPG
IMG_61427.JPG
IMG_61438.JPG
IMG_61456.JPG

Just a few notes for the ol' journal.

Plants have been enduring "extreme" conditions during the onset of flowering, this will definitely alter the phenotype a bit (slightly different terpene ratios, cannabinoid ratios, density of the flowers). Usually with cool winter time temps, the buds come out a little bit more dense, perhaps to "snug together" and keep the plant a tad bit more warm. In the hellish heat of the summer, they usually develop in a relatively more fluffy manner.

Only about 1 hour of direct sunlight per day. Most of their light is currently reflected.

Daytime highs around 60, nighttime lows around 39-40, high winds ~20 mph sustained, with sequential cold rain storms (moderate rains) - one after another.

These are very hardy strains, despite these harsh factors, they continue to be perked up with strength. Especially the JD.

Will report on the coloring of the JD later on :xmas:

:volcano-smiley:

beauty overload :)

Back
Top Bottom