Relaxed's 2014 Outdoor Medical Grow

She is gorgeous. That is awesome - she is one iron lady. Thank you Relaxed - I needed that :)
Best!

Thank you kindly! ;)

she's stacking those nuggets on :high-five:

Slowly but surely! :cheer:

Aloha Brotha

Still looking Proper :thumb:

Mahalo brotha, I'm happy thus far. Getting real excited to start some new strains soon. :surf: :volcano-smiley:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Notes and a couple pics

Alright so we're about to get hit with another big rain event. Last time it was steady/constant rain over a longer period of time. This one will be a lot of colder rain coming down in a shorter period of time, so will definitely have to monitor the situation. I think they'll hold their ground unless we get heavy winds (20-30 mph)...

Anyway, Sister Zilla's colas are taking their sweet time, lots of growth just continuing to grow. They did like the rain last time. The newly flowering Critical and Zilla clone are hitting it off just great, tops are just about fully centralized and they're definitely into gear. As soon as I get Sister Z chopped and done in 1-2 weeks, I'll have more room in the tent for the Blueberry x Santa Maria. Ok so the Swiss Cheese plants grew like weeds, incredible, they are little bushes but they could be males. One of them is like leaking resin, it's stems are just goopy/resiny and when you smell it it's one of the best smells ever. I want to take that male use it as a father to a Blueberry x Santa Maria and develop my own strain. Imagine; Swiss Cheese x (Blueberry x Santa Maria), the flavors combined of those, I don't know what kind of super-weed that it could create, but I want to find out. Plus, if the Swiss Cheese did anything for my garden aside all the dud seeds, this would be the magic I need. So still pondering my exact plan for that to get them to produce pollen, and viable pistils at the same time, all courtesy of mother nature.

Few more notes, theres about 3 ounces of Sister Zilla dried and in the curing jar that I've started vaporizing. It's incredible how a good portion of the plant matured way before the other portion. So nice to be able to have therapeutic medicine off her and still see her grow these beautiful colas. What a treat! And I must say, this is the legit KC-45 I've been looking for since last year when I started growing it. It's nothing like Pheno #6 (which has changed to a completely minty/cat piss flavored strain), whereas Pheno #5 is must tastier, smoother, and cleaner of lemon spice. What I can say for certainty is that a 100% organic fertilizer schedule and soil makes such a big difference in herb flavor, really happy with the flavor and potency. I'd say there's another 2-3 ounces on Sister Zilla to be harvested, so 5-6 ounces off a revegetated plant in a December Harvest is not too damn shabby at all! Can't tell you all how happy I am this year has worked out the way it did, sampling different strains and phenotypes. Being able to see these plants flourish incredibly under the Sun. Speaking of Sun, when the weather permits I'll try and take some better shots, but just going to ride this storm out.

(Blueberry x Santa Maria) Work of Art
IMG_41925.JPG

BB x SM Potential Breeding Mother for the Swiss Cheese
IMG_41934.JPG

A couple more notes about those 2 pictures. They have been transplanted into 7 gallon containers of reused soil from the season but with a mycorrhizae boost (DS Step 1), and completely re-LSTed the strings. What's super duper funny is these 2 plants are probably nearing 6 months old. Reason being, I planted them during the middle of summer and they were stunted, they just sat there as these little seedlings and never grew until I put them under CFLs when fall started to come. So I've been babying them ever since and I want to make these specimens really worth it after all they have put me through and how much I love the Blueberry.

More shots and story notes later folks :allgood:

Hell, yes Lester. Those photos will do just fine for now.:cheesygrinsmiley:

Keep them ol' notes coming. There's so much to be learnt from them. :thanks:

Good luck with the downpour. Can't you shield her at all with tarps or plastic?
:circle-of-love:

Hell, yes Lester. Those photos will do just fine for now.:cheesygrinsmiley:

Keep them ol' notes coming. There's so much to be learnt from them. :thanks:

Good luck with the downpour. Can't you shield her at all with tarps or plastic?
:circle-of-love:

Aloha Teddy,

you know I thought about that, of course, but deduced that it would be too much work for too little payoff. For starters, I don't want to make a parasail and have everything just fly away. My tent material is porous so that air can move through it, if I put a plastic covering or tarp I will effectively skyrocket the humidity internally. The tent material will stop the brunt force of the downpour so that the rain drops will just trickle through.

So I'm just just kinda going with the flow. I COULD move the plants and pots somewhere else but I don't think it's worth it. I would like them to get a nice cleansing so I won't have to bud wash. Plus, it's not the type of plant that needs hardcore shielding, the KC seems to be incredibly resilient, and a little rain does nothing but bring them back home to Brazil :surf:

I will let you know how the downpour goes brother! Clouds and winds are building as we speak. :Namaste:

Good morning herb Lester my friend. Girls are looking really good so I sure hope our storm that is coming in won't hurt your babies. We are having high winds and heavy rains here also. I'm expecting to lose power if the wind doesn't stop. Happy Days Lester. :bravo::volcano-smiley::circle-of-love:

Nice work resurrecting the BBxSMs - beautiful color!

I have a few 100+ day runts myself. It's amazing what happens when I finally let them have what they want. :cheesygrinsmiley:

:thumb:

Relaxed, as always.
:high-five: :circle-of-love:
Good morning herb Lester my friend. Girls are looking really good so I sure hope our storm that is coming in won't hurt your babies. We are having high winds and heavy rains here also. I'm expecting to lose power if the wind doesn't stop. Happy Days Lester. :bravo::volcano-smiley::circle-of-love:
Good Mornings Herb Brother Bee! :volcano-smiley: Thanks for the kind words and well wishes about the storm. It's a gift in disguise though, we could really use the rain water throughout the state. I think my babies will hold their ground. :Namaste: :cheer: I sure hope you don't lose power, I know your up there battling some weather too. Stay Warm :circle-of-love:

Nice work resurrecting the BBxSMs - beautiful color!

I have a few 100+ day runts myself. It's amazing what happens when I finally let them have what they want. :cheesygrinsmiley:

:thumb:

Aloha GT! :ciao: Good to have you cruise on through :surf: Cheers on that brotha! :) :passitleft: :amen:

Decided to take some pics of the flowering plants while I was doing one final inspection before the downpour

KC-45 "Sister Zilla" bud shots
IMG_41978.JPG
IMG_41985.JPG
IMG_42005.JPG
IMG_42034.JPG
IMG_42066.JPG

Critical
IMG_42107.JPG

KC-45 Original Zilla Clone, main singular top (non-fimmed)
IMG_42084.JPG

:Namaste:

The color in your photos are so crisp and clear its almost like we can reach out and touch them - wish we had smellivision here!

Thank you so much! :thanks: :circle-of-love:

Aloha Bro! :goodjob:

Aloha my brotha! Thanks for cruising through :surf: Hope all is well :Namaste:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

News:

The plants survived the onslaught (somehow). It was a tough night to sleep. The winds were really strong, 40+ mph for a solid hour. Had to keep going out and making sure the tent wasn't ripped apart immediately. Luckily it held. And then the actual storm came. It dropped at least an inch on the spot (probably more like 2-3), it was literally hurricane conditions. It sounded like a train was on top of the roof. Anyway, I mustered up enough courage to get to sleep, thinking to myself, well - if its all gone in the morning so be it. Woke up and there was just a bunch of big tears/holes in the tent. Somehow it was still standing and I looked inside and the plants looked fine, just drenched. Sister Zilla has a few sagging buds, but I don't think that they're gonna break.

I'm really thankful that there wasn't more damage done. It was a tough night to sit through, maybe I underestimated the storm, and perhaps I should have just moved the plants. So, good news is the plants survived the onslaught. Bad news is I'll probably have to get new tent material for next year.

Can't believe they survived with minimal damage. :geek:

That's the best news I've heard all day Overlord & it's already afternoon here...

That's the best news I've heard all day Overlord & it's already afternoon here...

Me too, I'm so surprised at how things survived. I'm just amazed at the power of that storm, I thought the entire tent and plants were gonna fly away. :volcano-smiley:
Good news indeed, RL. :yahoo:

I hope the rest of your garden escaped relatively undamaged too.
:ciao:

Mahalo Teddy, my poor tomato plants sure got hit hard, now with the mold setting in on them I've got to pay them a little TLC.
Good news is the Sun came out and things are looking up. :ciao: :Namaste:

Stoping by to warm up a bit lol.
Love that blueberry.

Aloha Kiefers :ciao: Stop by and warm up anytime ;) I love that blueberry too. :yummy:

Whew, good to see all is well in your garden Les! That little BB is freakin adorable. :green_heart:

Mahalo brother! All is well now, so glad the storm is over; gives me peace. I agree, I love how that one specimen is built :)
Gonna be tossing some plants into flower in the not too distant future, as I have begun germinating some more strains; (Aurora indica x MK Ultra) , (Jack Herer x C91 x NYCD), and (Grape Ape x C91 x NYCD) so hopefully I can get these to root in no time. :Namaste:
Always gotta keep moving onward! :high-five:

Storm? What storm? :) Siszilla's budz look gorgeous and tasty Relaxed. Happy harvest and well grown. Does the moisture inside the buds burn off pretty quickly once the air dries out and the sun hits them? Because of the cold/cooler temperatures and rainy summers here, I don't think open air grows would be successful but I'm curious if one would want to imitate rain by spraying the plant in the greenhouse or if just managing an adequate ambient humidity would be sufficient. Thank you for sharing and have a great weekend Lester. Cheers

Back
Top Bottom