Relaxed's Outdoor Medical Grow - 2015

Lester, have you ever considered no-till? It's a continuious and almost systematic replenishment through drenches and teas, but I haven't cut a football out of my no-till yet in the year I've been running it and the soil quality is stunning. It cranks out harvest after harvest with such little help from me. The worms are doing all the hard work, I suspect.

That reminds me that I need more worms for my new no-till.

Thank you danish and Dr. Bob :thanks:

It's a continuious and almost systematic replenishment through drenches and teas

That is essentially what I do to replenish the nutrients, in addition, my recycled soil pile contains a fair amount of earth worms. As the ol' saying goes "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" :)

Sounds like you've figured out a groove too. :high-five:

Yes I have Lester, and I need to get back to focusing on it and finding more ways to translate how to make it work easily. I so enjoy posting. It's hard to decide which I enjoy more, the growing or the documenting of the grow. :laughtwo: I should have realized you had worms in the pile Lester. :battingeyelashes:

Progress

IMG_60312.JPG

And a couple of bud pics;

Here is the Blackberry, on second thought I think I'll grow some more of this strain :) It has a delightful fruity flavor, like a peppery raspberry and the stone is really nice and sativa. Great for mornings.
IMG_60326.JPG

Here's the Underdawg; this is such an interesting strain, the flavors for one are hard to describe. It's got a lot going on, some fruitiness, lots of skunkiness... also has more of an upper high, a very nice variety to have in the mix of strains.
IMG_60334.JPG

Really enjoying them :volcano-smiley: :peace:

I'm glad for you Lester. :battingeyelashes: :love:

:passitleft:

I'm glad for you Lester. :battingeyelashes: :love:

Always a joy to see the consistency of all of your grows Lester.
Congrats on the harvest
:bravo:
:passitleft:

Aloha Brotha Looks Great as Always :thumb:

Great looking buds bro.

Is there such a thing a professional Cannabis critic? Folk could pay Lester to describe their products:lot-o-toke:

Thanks for all the feedback friends :thanks:

Temps dropping down to about 48 F, possibilities of cold rains tonight. High winds for sure, 20-30 mph gusts more at times. Flowers are making excellent progress, specially considering the deficiency hump they got over. Definitely a small yield but it will be a necessary supplement to get through till' the next batch (Dawgs). Speaking of the Dawgs, I'm really gonna have to get 'em released about as soon as possible, given the El Nino circumstances. This is gonna be an interesting year. Two worst case scenarios, high winds rip my tent away in a fury of destruction OR it rains for weeks straight right when the Dawgs are in deep flower, causing massive rot. Just the things that will have to be worked through. But the point is I think I need to release the Dawgs in time potentially, the most historic El Nino on record. Good news is all my clones are rooted, all strains (UD, JD, SC, BB). So I have a save wave in veg indefinitely for the Spring release.

Also, the curing herbs are absolutely magnificent. Swiss Cheese has cured incredibly well, I just can't believe those were day 40 flowers. They're rock hard, smell and taste fantastic with a great stone. The JD is also curing phenomenally, perfect flavor and high. It's exactly what I envisioned when I took the first clone off the purple mother during the Spring. Sure glad I chose that pheno and not the other one. Blackberry still needs some curing, but so far I'm real impressed with the herb. Curing needs to help her flavor out a bit, but damn its nice to have a "fruity-tooty" strain. What can I say about the Underdawg other than "My God"...., it's hard to describe the excellence at which the UD provides. It's one of the most interesting and likeable strains I've had. It's perfect for the mornings, doesn't have an overwhelming sedative high, it's a high that wakes you up and makes you feel the sensory of the environment. In other words, it provides all of the positives with none of the negatives; another reason I'm so glad I cloned it. I'da been dumb not to LOL

I always look forward to waking up to some UD vapors. Looks like my strain selection is working out very well for having different herbs that work perfectly at different times of the day. It's all in the batch-specific results, not every batch comes out the same even if its the same phenotype. The reason is: differences in environmental flexibility during flower, temperatures, sun angles, wind prevalence, exact soil composition, etc - regardless of the same phenotype, you get good batches, and sometimes a less good batch.

It's those good batches we strive for :volcano-smiley:

Great smoke and weather report. It is amazing how different our battles can be indoor vs outdoor, dry vs humid etc.

Blackberries and Blueberries are both missing from my lineup right now and that really needs some fixing. I was planning an all purple seed order but your mention of "Fruity Tooty" is going to necessitate an addition to the shopping list. I think I can work berry flavors into the purple theme anyway. Blackberry just sounds great.

Maybe a dawg theme should really be in order with that Underdog report though. If you say it is that good it must be out of this world.

:circle-of-love:
Bob

Drive bye my friend. Glad you enjoying the variety in life now,,,, is the spice of life,,, and the palate....... Keepem Green

Back
Top Bottom