Relaxed's Outdoor Medical Grow - 2015

"Every time I exhale, it puts a smile on my face and I say, "Wow"."

Well this time I went looking to see what the frijoles would cost me, and considering your endorsement of extreme motivation the Swiss Cheese is on my list of must grows when I get past my holiday vagabond phase and get back to growing. Lester, if I grew them under 10/14 lighting, do you think I might be able to get them in at your 40 days, or close to it? I just started with 10/14 in an attempt to rush a harvest before I travel, and I saw things speed up immediately. This is still so new to me that I'm mesmerized by how much effect light play can have.

Aside from one of my first two plants mine have yet to make it through a decent cure. I have a voracious appetite. The challenge is not to run out, but I look forward to letting harvests get a three-month rest in before I reach for it. When I wrap up the tent for the holidays I should be able to reach that goal. I have to leave it all home. Awk!!!

Beautiful plants Lester, the kind that make me want to grow like you. :battingeyelashes: :love: I was just over at TOAST's and he made dry sift hash, a totally new thing for me and something I need to look into. Do you ever make hash with your trimmings?

So much to learn. It's like never leaving school. I love this hobby. :laughtwo:

SweetSue, the nature of the strain is an average 60 day phenotype. I've never flowered a cannabis plant indoors so I can't tell you what's going to happen, but my guess is it'll be a little different. Whether or not you find the same phenotype or not, and the environment totally makes the difference. My guess is you'd have a hard time replicating the 40 day window. Remember that the Sun's daylight hours are decreasing continually, the plants can sense this versus a totally constant rate of light given artificially, by say, a 10/14 schedule, this should have an impact on the flowering rate.. When they sense that the light is actually diminishing, it really kicks them into gear to try and reproduce before its "too late".

I save my trimmings for oils, still collecting. With the small plants I grow, it takes awhile to get a decent amount. I do oil extractions, I still have oil from 2014 December harvests (KC-45), I keep it in the freezer, this will decrease the THC decomposition rate, and you can store therapeutic medicine for 12 months with negligible degradation of the medicine.

:volcano-smiley:

I see what you mean. It would take some slick light and environmental control to pull it off indoors. That's still a pipe dream. Someday......

Thank you Lester. You have no idea the impact you have on others, do you? It's very recently come to my attention that it's time for me to begin thinking of cannabis more in medicinal than recreational terms. I'll still use it recreationally, but I've had to face the reality that my daily dose of Sativa-stuffed brownies keeps me on a more normal plane than I've experienced before.

I was surprised to discover that this plant benefits me on a pharmacological level. That sent me off into looking at other medicinal uses and I ended up at oil. I've just begun making that mind shift from recreational to a more inclusive approach. Reading your post nailed some things I'd been chewing over for the past couple days.

If you were closer I'd give you a great big hug for that part you played in helping me grow. Thank you. :love: :hug:

Lester, the Sativas make me more emotional. I'm not used to that yet, as I've just recently begun using them and no one warned me about that. It's kinda oozing out of me lately though. Bear with me. I'll figure this ride out. It's nice and peaceful here. :battingeyelashes:

:popcorn: I'm baaaack actually since January...with early Summer, reveg, and Fall harvest since then....Just saw you were still here!
Aloha there Hozona! Good to hear from you. Hope all is going well for ya :Namaste: :circle-of-love:

:jawdropper::jawdropper: everything looks freaking good :jawdropper::jawdropper:

:thumb::thumb:
Beautiful garden Lester

Thank you danishoes! :thanks: Hope all is well in your world. :ciao:
Those flower top shots are absolutely stunning. :drool:

:bravo:

Thanks a bunch! :thanks:

I see what you mean. It would take some slick light and environmental control to pull it off indoors. That's still a pipe dream. Someday......

Thank you Lester. You have no idea the impact you have on others, do you? It's very recently come to my attention that it's time for me to begin thinking of cannabis more in medicinal than recreational terms. I'll still use it recreationally, but I've had to face the reality that my daily dose of Sativa-stuffed brownies keeps me on a more normal plane than I've experienced before.

I was surprised to discover that this plant benefits me on a pharmacological level. That sent me off into looking at other medicinal uses and I ended up at oil. I've just begun making that mind shift from recreational to a more inclusive approach. Reading your post nailed some things I'd been chewing over for the past couple days.

If you were closer I'd give you a great big hug for that part you played in helping me grow. Thank you. :love: :hug:

Lester, the Sativas make me more emotional. I'm not used to that yet, as I've just recently begun using them and no one warned me about that. It's kinda oozing out of me lately though. Bear with me. I'll figure this ride out. It's nice and peaceful here. :battingeyelashes:

Mahalo for the kind words and early morning smile SweetSue, my friend! :circle-of-love: :thanks: Forgot to update on the clones, and I have one more pic of a JD bud

Mother Clones still in veg (1 SC, 3 UD, 3 JD)
IMG_59664.JPG

Here's that JD bud-shot with flash
IMG_59777.JPG

:peace:

Makes you want to lick the screen. :laughtwo:

Farewell to a JD batch (approximately day 50 of flower)

Looks like my harvest window is here. So I put the plants on the cold bricks last night (first night out of the tent ever for them; hence the no worm problems), and when I checked them this morning I found about a dozen very small egg deposits, strategically placed in little crevices or underneath leaves. Removed them all carefully with the ice-pick, pretty sure I got them all. Moth must have went after it like it was a wolf going after fresh meat.

Plants are slowing putting out purple hues on the small-fans accompanying the flower heads, however since my harvest window is here I cannot wait much longer for them. These plants stink a high amount, 30 feet downwind type of thing. I also found two very very small areas where there was the beginning onset of rot, though there was no mold, I could see where a little leaf had died. I know for sure if I wouldn't have starved them of water I'd of seen much more rot. Letting them dry out at the end can be the difference between rotted buds, and nice clean well-developed buds. So glad I did not water them one last time, and no reason to flush with organic crops so it's a win win in the preventative book.

Anyway, I'll be taking these flowers down very soon. I think today is their last day on the strip. :ciao:
IMG_59796.JPG
IMG_59806.JPG
IMG_59816.JPG
IMG_59826.JPG
IMG_59838.JPG
IMG_59846.JPG

:volcano-smiley: :Namaste:

Letting them dry out at the end can be the difference between rotted buds, and nice clean well-developed buds.
Another green nugget worthy of a highlight.
:bravo::thanks:

Indeed Teddy

Boy am I happy I harvested those 2 JD plants. They're washed and drying now. Stinky and sour, smells so delicious :yummy: Found a few minor spots of rot, probably lost less than a bowl's worth, so that is a victory. Humidity spiked up, may be getting some residual monsoonal moisture from the big hurricane down south in Mexico. So it was a very good idea to take them now. I also found a dozen more moth egg deposits, I was really surprised to find so many spontaneously arise after only 2 nights out on the bricks. If I had (for some reason) decided to let them go another week to purple up, I'd be looking an indefinite and massive mold/worm infestation. So I got them at the perfect time during the harvest window.:thumb:

Here's one of the harvested JD buds
IMG_59865.JPG

Here are the last 2 ripening specimens (Blackberry and Underdawg) to be harvested soon as well, probably within a few days or so. Let me tell you that UD (in the back) is a real real stinker. Can't believe how much it smells like fruity berries.
IMG_59875.JPG

And then the freshly flowering specimens (Swiss Cheese and Blackberry) will be watered and served a Flower Girl tea in the next week or so to boost them along
IMG_59881.JPG

:Namaste:

Congrats on the harvest Lester and particularly on beating the worm odds. Geez, they must have been waiting for you. The Universe smiled on you. That makes me happy. :circle-of-love:

Cool Lester. It's a bird in the hand or two I the bush when it comes harvest time. Glad to hear you got it in my friend. Nice buddage. Keepem Green

Gratz on the Chop Brotha good thing the damage wasn't bad
everything looks top shape as usual :thumb:

Congrats on the harvest Lester and particularly on beating the worm odds. Geez, they must have been waiting for you. The Universe smiled on you. That makes me happy. :circle-of-love:
Thanks SweetSue! Got to them right in time. :)

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
Excellent work Lester
Mahalo danishoes! :thanks:

Cool Lester. It's a bird in the hand or two I the bush when it comes harvest time. Glad to hear you got it in my friend. Nice buddage. Keepem Green
Hi NW! Hope all is well in your world. Thanks for stopping by with the positive vibes my friend :thanks: :volcano-smiley:

Gratz on the Chop Brotha good thing the damage wasn't bad
everything looks top shape as usual :thumb:

Aloha Cronic, thank you too! Hope all is well out on the island! :surf: :Namaste:

Thank you everyone for the support :circle-of-love:

Hey just back tracking. Missed the comments about one thing that helps close to harvest I'd agree with, keep plants atad thirsty. Plants need sooo little water when temps drop. Helps with mine. And tried that activate?' in the soils, as a drench early and late. I had a great year here for a change. Weather was mild for up in the PNW. Only lost acouple buds to mold. That was on a injured plant. I always yell at my Miss J for pinching leaves off my outdoor girls, least till they are dead. That opens 'alot' of sores mold can enter your babies. My only mold happened on my Sugar Plum which got ripped in half in a wind storm. Wound's can lead to problems. I like to leave alittle stem on my pinch offs. Not sure if it helps but makes sense in my mind. Scary............... But any moisture close to havest will invite rott. Nice Buddage. And always great to get some in Keepem Green

Back
Top Bottom