Relaxed's 2014 Outdoor Medical Grow

Oh my, 8 oz's off Zilla!! That's awesome Lester, great job! You're going to be medicated a long time lol. And the pine spice reveg is still a crazy growing bush lol :)

Oh awh, I love little sprouts don't you Lester? So full of delicate promise. The cycle of life and meds goes on. ;) :volcano-smiley:

Argh, so jealous of your BBxSM, (and now of your Swiss Cheese) you make those genetics sound like a Holy Grail among lesser buds, they sound so good I might have to steal a plant or two....muhahaha...

ok I'd never do that to you lol :laughtwo: but maybe I'd sneak over to CA and take a cutting or two...........
...if I do I'll leave you a few grams of Euphoria Lol hopefully you'll forgive me. :love:

Be well my friend! Hope you're relaxing and enjoying the fruits of your outdoor labors the past season :Namaste: :ciao:

Oh my, 8 oz's off Zilla!! That's awesome Lester, great job! You're going to be medicated a long time lol. And the pine spice reveg is still a crazy growing bush lol :)

Oh awh, I love little sprouts don't you Lester? So full of delicate promise. The cycle of life and meds goes on. ;) :volcano-smiley:

Argh, so jealous of your BBxSM, (and now of your Swiss Cheese) you make those genetics sound like a Holy Grail among lesser buds, they sound so good I might have to steal a plant or two....muhahaha...

ok I'd never do that to you lol :laughtwo: but maybe I'd sneak over to CA and take a cutting or two...........
...if I do I'll leave you a few grams of Euphoria Lol hopefully you'll forgive me. :love:

Be well my friend! Hope you're relaxing and enjoying the fruits of your outdoor labors the past season :Namaste: :ciao:

You always form these well crafted posts, they are filled with humor and love. :circle-of-love:

Yeah, I got about 8 zips dry off Zilla (including about 2 zips of decent popcorn mind you). And I'm really happy with it. It's very clean and powerful herb, I'm impressed. It just needed to be cured up, really strong Sativa high, perfect for the sativa connoisseur. It should last me awhile too, like you said. And with this new bush flowering out there, it should be the perfect supplement to my stash to get me through until next Spring's force flowers. It would suck to harvest everything in ~September and miss out of 2 more months of good weather, so planning ahead can really pay off sometimes :) As you know....

I am thankful for little sprouts, I love to see them transform and grow before your eyes. It's just incredible what those little sprouts eventually can turn into :surf:

BB x SM, can't say enough about that strain - couldn't believe it tasted exactly like Blueberries.

Swiss Cheese - I can't believe the phenotype, I wonder if it will be like finding a needle in a haystack. I think it will be hard to find that pheno again. We'll see what I get with these 2 seeds :Namaste: 2 females, 2 phenos plz?? :rofl:

I have been definitely enjoying the fruits, in fact Zilla smells like tropical fruit in the jar, it's lovely . :circle-of-love: Hope you are enjoying yours too! It's all worth it in the end :Namaste:

Be Well Sister SG :ciao:

IMG_38964.JPG
IMG_38973.JPG
IMG_39016.JPG
IMG_39049.JPG

Oh my, Lester. This is a green and pleasant land. Have a cracking day.
:ciao::circle-of-love:

Haha OK I have to repost this, I'm just in love with this picture! Talk about right place at the right time :)

IMG_39049.JPG

Good morning weed Lester. the ghost plant. :high-five: Cool looking picture. Happy Skunkday :volcano-smiley:

Aloha Shanti Baba
man its been way tooo long since I visited one of my Fav places ,, a lil Q how long does the swiss cheese take to flower ? She really looks so good:Namaste:

Aloha my friend. I Love to have you come by :circle-of-love:, the Swiss Cheese is supposed finish in ~8 weeks, but mine grew like sativas and flowered for about 10 weeks. It's all about the phenotype :)

Good morning weed Lester. the ghost plant. :high-five: Cool looking picture. Happy Skunkday :volcano-smiley:

Good Morning Bee! Happy Skunkday is right. Here's a little something for today's show 'n tell. :volcano-smiley:

Cannabis sativa essential oil extraction (via QWISO) KC-45 Sample Run

Ok so this has been a pretty sweet morning, I've got an AMAZING sativa high going and I'm just amazed. You look out over the ocean and just smile. :) Let me just say I vaporized a bowl of this concentrate and it's really nice, gives off a very euphoric high. I used about 7 grams of popcorn nugs from Zilla, and I recovered about 1.2 grams of the concentrate. Concentrates are not cheap at the dispensaries. So I'm really happy with it.
Popcorn drying after the 1st extraction, I can let it dry and then do round 2.
IMG_39174.JPG

Evaporation process (notice it getting darker and darker)

IMG_39165.JPG
IMG_39186.JPG
IMG_39196.JPG
IMG_39207.JPG
IMG_39227.JPG
IMG_39244.JPG

End Result (clear amber oil) 1.2 g/7 g= 17% recovery

IMG_39273.JPG
IMG_39285.JPG
IMG_39296.JPG

That's awesome Lester!! Nice update on the concentrate. I have kept all my sugar leaf and small popcorn buds from ALL my grows and I was gonna do a bubble hash run, but I would not get as much of a yield from bubble as I would If I did a run of concentrates. I'm just nervous about doing concentrates cause I've never done it before, and I've heard all the fire explosion horror stories. I'd like to think I'm a little smarter than that and do the butane part outside, but it still makes me hesitate.;)

That's awesome Lester!! Nice update on the concentrate. I have kept all my sugar leaf and small popcorn buds from ALL my grows and I was gonna do a bubble hash run, but I would not get as much of a yield from bubble as I would If I did a run of concentrates. I'm just nervous about doing concentrates cause I've never done it before, and I've heard all the fire explosion horror stories. I'd like to think I'm a little smarter than that and do the butane part outside, but it still makes me hesitate.;)

I make mine using isopropyl alchohol (QWISO), which entails a considerably safer process. One of the reasons we don't allow discussion of butane on 420 is because of the negative stigma / danger level associated with it. You really never hear about isopropyl alcohol mishaps, it's much less likely to happen, I could use ethanol instead of isopropyl, and that would be fine (it's only a one carbon difference). So it's just a different take on making what people call RSO, different techniques lead you to a different texture product (more gooey, or shattery, etc).

I wouldn't recommend evaporating volatile solvents indoors either, the process is inherently dangerous so people should only attempt to do it with the absolute correct equipment, ventilation, and only after doing hours of research on the process. It's analogous to using the Magical Butter machine to make your oil, it's just a different technique using cold fluids rather than hot fluids.

Thanks for the kind words Stealthgrow. :ciao::circle-of-love:

Good evening herb Lester. :passitleft: I medicate with oil everyday for pain. Works great. Nice tutorial :thumb: Happy Skunkday :volcano-smiley:

Good evening herb Lester. :passitleft: I medicate with oil everyday for pain. Works great. Nice tutorial :thumb: Happy Skunkday :volcano-smiley:

Good Morning Aloha Bee. Just gave the beast a tea and a top dressing, she's gonna love it. Hope you have a wonderful Munchday! :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom