Listen2marley's Indoor Multi Strain Grow - 400W HPS & 105W CFL

hey rado dont be sorry I love getting comments on my journal and you have great insight so I always enjoy hearing from you! Im deff still learning too so looks like we are learning together and from each others grows which is great. always nice to be able to help each other out when we can! maybe someday we will even be able to help each other a little more hands on since I think were fairly close to each other, who knows. but like I said feel free to comment as much as youd like its great to get comments and I love hearing from you .

Oh wow so much going on in this thread! Looks like your pretty good at the outdoor bit :). The 400 might be a little underpowered for such a space, but thats ok. Especially with the fluros you should be ok. Vegging you dont really need the HPS until they plants outgrow the Compact Fluro.

Auto plants dont have a "veg" or a flower so much as a start and finish date. You decide when they start. They decide when they stop.
You can definitely get a harvest in 10 weeks. It might not be huge, but you can. I like to veg a minimum of 4 weeks.
Full waterings are usually better than partial here n there waterings. Wait for it to dry out. Pick up the pot. Feel the weight. Then water until you have a bit to a lot of water coming out the bottom. If the medium is rock hard and the water is going straight into the tray fill up the tray almost full. Empty it the next day. Once the pot is nice and fully watered try to pick up the pot again and remember the weight of the pot. When it gets light again it's time to water.

Looking good though. Looking forward to seeing it all grow :)

Oh wow so much going on in this thread! Looks like your pretty good at the outdoor bit :). The 400 might be a little underpowered for such a space, but thats ok. Especially with the fluros you should be ok. Vegging you dont really need the HPS until they plants outgrow the Compact Fluro.

Auto plants dont have a "veg" or a flower so much as a start and finish date. You decide when they start. They decide when they stop.
You can definitely get a harvest in 10 weeks. It might not be huge, but you can. I like to veg a minimum of 4 weeks.
Full waterings are usually better than partial here n there waterings. Wait for it to dry out. Pick up the pot. Feel the weight. Then water until you have a bit to a lot of water coming out the bottom. If the medium is rock hard and the water is going straight into the tray fill up the tray almost full. Empty it the next day. Once the pot is nice and fully watered try to pick up the pot again and remember the weight of the pot. When it gets light again it's time to water.

Looking good though. Looking forward to seeing it all grow :)

Interesting point about vegging autoflowers. How does one do that? Keep them under the CFLs?

I would think when they all get as large as that cream girl,
and if they were photoperiod, they would appreciate the extra boost of the HPS.

I'm happy to be educated on this.

whats up everyone! J its great to have you here and I really appreciate your help. Rado you know its always great to here from you! SJ appreciate you being here as well please feel free to give me any feed back or tips and help with things you think I could improve on. I just got my radiator fixed thats in the room my closet is in so hopefully this will bring the temps up because when I checked them a few hours ago the temp was 56 and rh was 37 so I believe the rh is a little to low? correct me if im wrong, and obv 56 is way to low for the temp. Some of the leafs are looking wierd I took some close up pics of them and would love to get everyone opinion on what the issue could be. Im assuming its the low temp. but if its not then I have no idea what it could be and would really love some help from my fellow 420ers to help me fix it. the nl x bb is still going pretty damn slow while the white widow and narcotherapy auto seem to keep blowing up pretty quickly which I am stoked about. the last pictures I posted were from around 9pm on monday and these were taken at about noon today so not even a full 48hours and the ww and narco seemed to have grown quite a bit. Also I turned my fan off when I took these pics and I left it off hoping that it might raise up the temp and rh, think that will work? or no and turn it back on? Im gunna che k them again around 10pm and if the temp seens to be high enough Im going to go back to 20/4 with the lights. I think I saw the biggest growth during the 2 days I used that light schedule but as I said before I had to go back to 24/0 to keep the temp up the best I could. Iv also pretty much only been using water from my brita filter and today I used some rain water that I let sit in the closet since monday to get room temp so lets see if that helps or hurts. No one has given me their opinions on what is better, rain water or water from my brita filter or a mix of both together? Like I said becore I always felt my outdoor plants grew better with rain water but could never be sure so Id lve to hear what you guys think. Also do you guys think I should use nutes? If so when should I start them? Iv heard different things about if autos like nutes some say they do some say they hurt not help so what do you guys say? I think that about covers everything, feel free to ask any questions youd like. Oh also I have a 25W cfl for a ceiling light in the closet and I have had it on when my other lights are on, do you think it helps hurts or neither since its a good 6 1/2 feet above the plants? also the closet is starting to give off a little bit of an aroma I was very happy about that when I smelt it today. Ok thatll do it, here are the pics. good day
Narcotherapy Auto (cream of the crop seeds)
image15871.jpg
image15872.jpg

White Widow (spliff seeds)
image15874.jpg
image15875.jpg

Northern Lights X Big Bud Auto (world of seeds)
image15873.jpg

Also any suggestions on blocking light leaks? Since its in a closet there is obviously cracks around the door so I deff have light leaks. I plan to do what radogast suggested and veg the WW untill the autos finish then switch to 12/12 I believe that will be my best plan of attack unless for some odd reason the widow starts flowering under 18/6 or 16/8 which ever I decide to switch to.

You can use thick black plastic to make a hinge covering taped along the seams to block light from entering your closet.

Has any one ever heard of a photo that can go from seed to harvest in 10 weeks?? here is the info that is provided on the website....
White Widow Female Cannabis Seeds

60% Indica dominant. Genotype: Brazilian Sativa x South Indian x NL Special. Sweet sour aroma and flavor with hints of Blueberries. Short and stocky plant dripping in resin. Ultra fast; seed to yield 10-11 weeks. Bodystoned and psycho-active high. Potential THC level high.

A Brazilian and South Indian cross with a high level of THC and a decent CBD level. We selected a special, ultra white pheno covered in resin and crossed her with our Northern Lights Special to shorten its height, beef up production and make her a real indica stoner. The result; a THC monster creating bulging, massive buds in 8 weeks of flowering. From seed to yield will take approximately 10 weeks. Making it a very fast finishing strain. Suitable on all mediums.

She is a slow starter, however, The White Widow will surface after 5 to 6 days. So she is slightly slower than for instance our Bubblegun, but this makes for a shorter, stockier plant. She is a very white variety and a big yielder. Our most commercial variety, together with the bubblegun. She will stay low, 20 to 30 inches. Her structure looks a lot like the original K2. We recommend 2 to 3 weeks vegetative period or if you want to maximize the number of plants on a one square metre. Putting her under a 12/12 schedule will make the plants even more compact.

Widow has a sweet and sour taste and a spicy and later a sweet aftertaste. That typical sour Indica smell! She is a real Indica stoner. Her high is typical Indica; bodystoned sensation, very powerful stoned high. Medicinal value: insomnia, muscle pain, joint pain and lumbar pain.

Details:

Suited for: Indoor (I) Outdoor zone B/C (E)
Flowering: I) 7-8 weeks E) October
Plant height: I) 0.60-0.90m E) 1.50m
Yield: I) 450-550 gr/m2 E) 450 gr/plant
Growing difficulty: medium

Some photoperiod cannabis plants can be flowered in a 7-8 week period. With photoperiod plants the longer vegetative growth time and growth the plant receives the larger the harvests that are possible. You can also give a plants a short vegetative growth period to flower small size plants. There are several 420 Magazine members who also start flowering straight from the time the seeds are planted to produce small plants.

I have previously grown White Widow and am now growing Black Widow the original White Widow strain bred by Shantibaba the creator of the White Widow strain.

You can see my Black Widow plants here

KingJohnC's Lush Lighting LED Lumenator 2x Black Widow Grow Journal & Review

thanks king appreciate the info. would they flower under say 16/8 to keep the autos with enough light but still flower the widow? If not ill just hafta wait till the autos are done to flower the widow but would be cool to be able to flower it at the same time as the autos. Also I finally got a heater into the grow room and it brought the temp up to 81 is that about normal? Which brings me to a new issue the heater made the rh drop down to 15%. Is there any way to make it go up besides a humidifyer hecause I dont have one.

Photoperiod cannabis plants will not flower under 16/8 16 hours of light and 8 hours of darkness. You want 70°-90° Fahrenheit and 50%-70% humidity for vegetative growth and 30%-50% humidity for flowering. I would place a humidifier either in your grow area or in the area where your intake air is to raise the humidity.

When necessary I use a Honeywell cool mist humidifier to raise the humidity in my grow area. The Honeywell cool mist humidifier has a large reservoir reducing daily labor of refilling the water reservoir.

KingJohnC_s_and_Labexperiment_s_Brainstorm_Haze_11-19-2013_-_011.JPG

ok cool thanks for the info. whats going to happen to my plants if it takes me a week or so to get one and the rh stays around 15? I put a pot of water on my heater a few hours ago hoping that can bring it up a little bit for now but im broke as broke can be and am really not sure how long its going to take for me to get the humidifyer. Also if you could pick an exact temp what would it be? I got it around 78 right now and have kind of figured out how to rise it up and down in 2degree intervals so if my rh cant be where it needs to be would atleast like to give it a "perfect temp". sorry for all the questions but I really appreciate the help and you sharing everything you know with me and anyone else who needs the help. only thing I have abundantinformation on is dogs because I have 3 of my own and more sometime from fostering so I basically could be a vet with all the health care iv given along with how and what to feed them for any situation or allergy lol wish I had your growing knowlege but heyhey atleast I can help animals good while growing so so plants lol anyways thank you! ill do another update tomorrow. the narco just showed its first pistils today the ww is trucking along very nicely and the nl x bb is finally starting to grow better than it was I think it really needed a dark period because as soon as I gave it 20/4 instead of 24/0 like it was it started moving much better. You or anyone here ever happen to try the narcotherapy? apparently has 20% thc and somewhere around 1.5% cbd not to mention looks soooo good on the cream of the crop website, just curious if its as good as it sounds and looks.

You can try boiling pots of water to raise the humidity in your home to a sufficient level until you have a cool mist humidifier. If your plants grow in low humidity they will evaporate more from the leaves and cause leaf damage. I would pick anywhere between 75°-85° Fahrenheit for the best temperature range for your plants to grow in. I have not tried your Narcotherapy cannabis strain yet.

Ghabks rado ill hafta check that out. this will just be a quick update since its thanksgiving morning and Im very busy. Plants are looking great. temps hanging around 80 and RH is around 30-35 from putting a pot of water ontop of the heater but I know it should still be closer to 50-60 during veg. I acually just added another plant and 2 more 15W 800lumen CFLs hope this wasnt a mistake but really wanted a 4th plant. Have a bunch of super silver haze autos so thats what I used incase I have any problems Its not a waste of a strain that I dont have more of. Opinions on if the 4th plant will be OK? its 22 days behind the youngest plant and 27 behind the oldest soIm hoping I timed it well because I figure the cfls will be good for it while its young and by the time it needs the hps the others or atleast the oldest will be coming close to harvest. thats the plan anyway along with letting the white widow stay vegging untill the autos are harvested. any advice on the whole situation is welcome and appreciated. thennarco and white widow are still thriving like crazy. I basically have to move the cfl lights every day or the leaf tips start to burn. the NL x BB is finally starting to thrive as well. the pictures im putting up are from 2 days ago because they are my most recent but I checked them this morning and they are even bigger and looking great! Ok thats it for now Ill try to take some pictures when I get home from thanks giving and post again tonorrow. Have a great thanksgiving everyone and be safe! especially you rado because if your area is like mine the streets are full of snow and ice. Anyways happy thanksgiving to all my fellow 420ers!
Narcotherapy Auto
image16045.jpg

NL x BB Auto
image16046.jpg

White Widow
image16047.jpg

Unfortunatly I am sooo broke at the moment so I cant afford to buy any new lights even though their not very exspensive. Could I use 2 15W 800lumen instead of one 23W or no? I got 2 more 15W 800lumen cfls left ontop of the 2 I just added should I add those in? Will 4 of them be enough?

Well been a little bit since I have updated, have had sone internet issues. Not a whole lot to update. Everythings looking good. Temps are normal Rh is still low but hasnt seemed to bother the girls very much. Latley I have had to move the cfls higher every day or 2 because they keep growing so quickly which I am very happy about. The pictures im posting are from about 3 days ago. The NL x BB is even looking really good. Its still behind the narco but its catching up and has also shown its pistils. The WW is growing like crazy compared to all the other girls but Im assuming its because its a photo period and not an auto. The new super silver haze auto is looking good too. still very small and young but looking good none the less. Ill post a picture of it on my next update. My set up has really been annoying me though. I really dont have a good way to keep the cfls above the plants. They are all just wire lights and are kind of hanging over the hps so it can be pretty hard to adjust the height and to adjust them to stay right above the plants but it is what it is for now. Im working on getting some new supplies so hopefully that happens soon. Thats really it. Let me know what you think and how their looking. If anyone has ever grown any of these strains Id really appreciate some feedback. The narcotherapy has been flowering for over 2 weeks but I still havnt seen any buds forming yet. Its supposed to be a 60-65 day plant but at this rate I see it going to more around the 90 day mark or more.
Narcotherapy under carage so you can see its height
image16272.jpg

Narcotherapy top
image16273.jpg

White Widow
image16274.jpg

NL x BB
image16275.jpg

Back
Top Bottom