Low Watts - High Yield - Let's Smash the 1 GPW Benchmark Together

Where can I get seeds for a hash plant? All I'm finding is a strain called hash plant but that's not what I'm looking for.

Doc, there are some strains with the word "hash" in the name, but you can make hash from ANY strain. The hash is just the extracted trichomes, so, the more trich's the better. On average, you can expect about a 15% return, so if you start with 100 grams of trim, you'll get about 15 grams of good quality hash. The herb has about 15%-20% THC content (depending on strain, environment, grower, etc.) and the hash will be about 60% THC. :Namaste:

BTW...I recommend checking out the "Dry Ice" method!

Doc, there are some strains with the word "hash" in the name, but you can make hash from ANY strain. The hash is just the extracted trichomes, so, the more trich's the better. On average, you can expect about a 15% return, so if you start with 100 grams of trim, you'll get about 15 grams of good quality hash. The herb has about 15%-20% THC content (depending on strain, environment, grower, etc.) and the hash will be about 60% THC. :Namaste:

I was under the impression that there were strains suited to making hash with lots of sugar leaf and little or no bud. For example the strain called hash plant is a hash plant mother mixed with a norther lights father.

I was under the impression that there were strains suited to making hash with lots of sugar leaf and little or no bud. For example the strain called hash plant is a hash plant mother mixed with a norther lights father.

As I mentioned, there are strains with the word "hash" in the name, but I make hash from all of my trim (several different techniques) and have never grown a strain with the word "hash" in the name! :)

Basically, "hash" is just the name given to an extraction of trichomes, which contain the THC, from a cannabis plant. The strains that are "most suited" will be the ones with the most trichomes/THC. The trichomes can be extracted many different ways including ice water, dry ice, alcohol, butane (or other solvents), sieve, etc. The different extraction methods will produce different types and grades of hash. For example, "earwax hash" (a/k/a "honey oil") uses butane while alcohol will typically yield a darker, lower grade "hash oil", etc.

You can use the buds for hash, but most of us find that a bit of a waste and would rather smoke/vape the buds.

Yeah that's not really what I was asking at all. Thanks for trying to help though.

OK...let me try answering a different way....

I'm not aware of any specific strains that are more suited than another, but the higher the THC content of the "input" the higher the final yield of hash will be. If you want more leaf than buds, which I don't believe is necessary for hash and I don't recommend, you can simply up the Nitrogen and lower the Potassium & Phosphorous when in flower.

I'm quite certain the hash made in Pakistan is made from some local strain of Pakistani and the hash made in Africa is made from some local strain of African, and the hash made at Mr. Krip's place is made from some of the stuff you find "locally" at Mr. Krip's place! :)

Again, I'd find a good strain with high THC content and you'll get a good yield of hash.

Sorry, I am unable to find a better way to answer you! :Namaste:

I have a few of them and planning to SOG so I'll give it a shot for sure :)! How did it smoke btw?

Doctor, why would you look for a plant with more sugar leaves than bud? I understand your point of seeking a "hash plant", but realistically, a plant with big juicy nugs will produce more hash than any sugar on any strain (considering you chop the whole thing for hash). Bud is obviously way more concentrated with trichomes. Good in - Good out is the deal with hash in my opinion. I'm from the middle east and we have fields of the country's landrace just for hash. The reason they don't grow buds is because nobody takes proper care of them. A lot of males make it thru and farmers end up with bud so bad that the plant looks like tons of leaves just covered with sugar. In my opinion some of these plants had trichomes as much as one proper grown OG nug. I'm not being a smartass or anything just reflecting my own opinion brother. And I really am from the middle east from a country notorious for its hash (red hash to be more specific). That said, I prefer my own bubble hash from an indoor plant A LOT more than my country's finest.

First let me say thanks for the kind words. I'm glad my journals have been a good read for you.

The way I germ seeds is VERY simple. I use the water method.

I simply grab a coffee cup, fill it with water, and drop my seeds in. In 2 to 3 days they'll crack and the tap root will poke out. Once the tap root has extended itself out approx 1/4 to 1/2", I bury them. I've tried a bunch of different germing techniques and have found this one to work best (highest success ratio) for me.

cup_dirt.JPG
popd_seed.JPG
seed_bury.JPG
seed_done.JPG

popped_1.jpg

I even authored a thread about it which you can read here

The easiest way to germ seeds - Water method

Also, I have (2) T5 Hi output 4 bulb flouros over my Mother plants in my veg room. I don't have any lighting over my cloners. The lights in my flower room are 600 watt HPS units. Two different rooms.

veg_clone_room.JPG

thanks for the reply 420fied. i read the journal a few times and i appreciate the information from there. a few more questions if you don't mind. what type of soil is that? a mixture of some sort? if you where to go from seed to your current system, would you still plant in soil or something different to get your mother?

thanks again!

As I mentioned, there are strains with the word "hash" in the name, but I make hash from all of my trim (several different techniques) and have never grown a strain with the word "hash" in the name! :)

Basically, "hash" is just the name given to an extraction of trichomes, which contain the THC, from a cannabis plant. The strains that are "most suited" will be the ones with the most trichomes/THC. The trichomes can be extracted many different ways including ice water, dry ice, alcohol, butane (or other solvents), sieve, etc. The different extraction methods will produce different types and grades of hash. For example, "earwax hash" (a/k/a "honey oil") uses butane while alcohol will typically yield a darker, lower grade "hash oil", etc.

You can use the buds for hash, but most of us find that a bit of a waste and would rather smoke/vape the buds.

Actually, there are strains that are more suited for making hash than others, and they are more "leafy" per-se, and man are they frosty. Many strains from the Hindu Kush region, and other Middle Eastern areas of the world, have strains they have grown for many generations to obtain what they use to make their different grades of hash. I aquired seeds for one of these strains some years ago from an enlisted buddy of mine, and used it as a breeder for many strains.

Mr. K, remember Sugar Cane?? It began as this Afghani strain a good soldier friend give to me.
100_25871.JPG

The first generation of the seeds looked like there were no buds at all, more like a bundle of leaves, and I tried to smoke the dried product of this generation and it would put you in freakin lala land and then slam you on the floor, but it tasted like burnt tires doused in used oil, ohh and some hay in there too... Anyways, more info on that somewhere in my journal....

Sorry for the hijack 'fied, :lot-o-toke:

420GT, I totally understand AND stand by my previous comments 100%. I'll happily continue the discussion on my journal, if you (or anyone wishes) but I don't want to take up any more of 420fied's real estate on this one. :high-five:

I say again....you can make quality hash from the leaves of any properly grown strain.

I've never saw a strain get touted on it's ability to produce leaves for hash. We're here to grow BUD. Hash is just an afterthought.

Speaking of hash, how long can you leave trimmings in the freezer?

Speaking of hash, how long can you leave trimmings in the freezer?

I always try to convey my experience instead of regurgitating what I've read/heard, like many. I do not know how long it'd keep, and it may keep forever if properly packaged, but I have personally left trim in the freezer for a year before using it and it was fine. I had it in a hefty trash bag.

I'm sure there's been much written on it although I have not researched it.

Back
Top Bottom