Alien vs Triangle

Age 3w4d from seed, 1w6d in veg and doing better! I put the half-strength nutes in her drip feed a few days ago and it looks to me like she's getting greener. She still gets hand watered about 3-4 oz per day, just to be on the safe side, but the two plants are sucking down the nute solution in the reservoir to the tune of ~1/3 gallon per day.

Red Diesel

7w from seed (5w4d in veg). Her FIMmed tops are growing back, but I'm not sure whether I'm actually going to get extra tops from that effort. If not, I'll probably just let her be. She'll be ready for the flower tent soon, and I don't want to drag it out because of a failed execution on my part. I do need to experiment. It's part of my job as Newbie Grower. :p

Lemon Candy

The twins are 10w3d old from seed. Coco is 3w5d in flower, and Soil is 6w2d in flower. Both are doing well. Soil is inching toward the finish line, while Coco is still developing her flowers.

Painkiller XL

Age 15w1d from seed and 6w4d in flower. Tops of the colas are starting to flop over. I tie them up when I can. I now see the drawback of letting her get too much taller than the tomato cage -- the top ring is too far below the tops to be of any help in holding them up!

With the Amnesia Haze gone and Red Diesel getting closer to flip, it was time to start a new seed. Introducing…

CBD Hash Plant from Seedsman
This is a medicinal stain that is almost completely indica. It's got 6% THC and 6% CBD. I intend it for evening/nighttime pain relief for a family member.

On the evening of 19 Apr, I shook the seed in a pill bottle for a few seconds then plopped it into a little cup of water. Here it is the morning of 22 Apr. Carefully moved it to a jiffy pellet prepped with pH 5.4 water and put that in a clear solo cup inside a blue solo cup.

I put it on top of the tower fan in the veg tent with another cup upside down over it to let in some light without blasting it. Sometime during the night, the cup toppled off the fan, and the jiffy pellet landed upside down on the seedling. Yesterday, I awoke to this.

Yikes! I gave her a few drops of water and sat her upright under the 300w LED in the veg tent. Checked on her throughout the day yesterday, and she managed to stand herself upright. This morning, she looks like that incident had never happened. Go little HashPlant!

Alien's got pistils! 3w5d from planting, 3w from sprouting, 2w in veg. At what point do I need to switch to bloom nutes?

Alien's got pistils! 3w5d from planting, 3w from sprouting, 2w in veg. At what point do I need to switch to bloom nutes?

I would caution you to hold off on those nutes for now. I am not convinced she is fully flowering. Those look a lot like preflowers in photos. I would wait until you see white hairs coming out of the actual bud site as confirmation she is flowering. I would keep feeding her veg nutes until that happens.

Thanks, Van! That sounds reasonable. Part of me wants to top her, but I forgot she was an auto and waited too long. Now I think it may be too late.

What is her total age at this point? I topped mine at 22 days. She didn't show pistils until around 43 I think. Her growth exploded after I topped. Weird things those autos!

Thanks, Van! I did it. Snipped off her top and the top node this morning. I need her to not grow very tall, so maybe this will help. :)

CBD Hash Plant

Age 1w4d from seed, 6d from sprouting. She's doing just fine! I did put a little more coco in her cup this morning, after I shot the pic. It was bothering me how the jiffy pellet stuck up so much. LOL

Alien vs Triangle

Age 4w1d from seed, 2w3d in veg. She's looking a lot less lime-green now that she's been drinking the weakened nute solution. She gets ~1 or 1.5 oz AN Sensi Grow at 1/2 strength every 3 hours. (That feed amount is a guess. I really should measure it to know for sure!)

Red Diesel

7w4d from seed (6w1d in veg). None of her tops split, so my FIM was just a trim. :/ That's OK. She's almost ready for the flower tent anyway. In fact, I might scope Lemon Soil pretty soon to see if she's close enough to harvest. I need the space. :p She's looking nice and full -- and this was after a heavy defoil!

Lemon Candy

The twins are 11w0d old from seed. Coco is 4w2d in flower, and Soil is 6w6d in flower.

Coco gets fed 20-30oz of AN Sensi Bloom for Coco mixed at 1T/gal (PPM is ~725). Her leaves are darkening and the individual leaves on each fan are pulling in toward each other as if her hands are cramping. It's the oddest thing. IDK what it means, but it must mean something. Not just one or two, but most of them are doing that.

Soil got 20oz of plain water at pH 6.5 on 27 Apr. On 29 Apr, I gave her 20oz of FF BigBloom & Tiger Bloom at 562PPM with a T of molasses mixed into the gallon jug.

Painkiller XL

Age 15w5d from seed and 7w1d in flower. She's nice and frosty but her leaves haven't really started turning yellow yet. Maybe one or two now and then, but she's still building flowers. Gave her 60oz of plain water at pH 6.5 on 27 Apr. On 29 Apr, she drank 80oz of FF BigBloom & Tiger Bloom at 562PPM with a T of molasses mixed into the gallon jug.

The Dance World has only been curing for 3 weeks, but I went ahead and got the dry weight on her:

Buds: 59g
Trim: 7g

My biggest haul yet. That's 66g total -- 2.35 oz. WOOT! I hope that with more experience will come greater yields, but I'm not displeased with this! :cheer:

The lemon candy twins look like a nitrogen over dose. When the leaves start curling up like that and get super dark, thats usually it. I had the same thing happen early in veg to my c99 and ww. I flushed mine for a week (just watered with plain water) and they bounced back. If it gets too bad it could start to lock out other nutes the plant needs.
My problem was caused by adding to many worm castings to my media without taking it into account during my feedings.
If the leaves start look like dark green claws its probly N.
Hope that helps and hope everyones having a great day!
P.s. i think there might be pics of my N issue on one of the first few pages of my journal.

The Dance World has only been curing for 3 weeks, but I went ahead and got the dry weight on her:

My biggest haul yet. That's 66g total -- 2.35 oz. WOOT! I hope that with more experience will come greater yields, but I'm not displeased with this! :cheer:

You can do better!

(But that's a lot of dope yo. Gratz! )

Congrats on a new personal record Mac! Awesome job!

CBD Hash Plant

Age 2w3d from seed, 5d in veg. She's doing well so far. No problems at all. She's getting a light mixture of AN SensiGrow (1/2 T / gal) with a little Great White mycorrhizae mixed in every day. Once I up-pot her, I can put her on the drip feeder, but it's about time for Alien to start getting Bloom nutes, so they can't be on the same feeder. Do I hand-water this one? Or Alien? The difficult choices a grower has to make!

Alien vs Triangle

Age 5w0d from seed, 3w2d in veg. But she has pistils in her flowers now, so I guess she's no longer in veg. Of course, she'll stay in the veg tent under the 300-watt lamp so she can get 18 hours of light per day, but I'm marking her as flipped in my grow journal app. :) With Red Diesel in the other tent, Alien is now getting a double helping from the drip feeder. I spent some time bending her branches down to make her shorter.

Red Diesel

8w3d from seed (7w0d in veg). Gave her 20 oz of AN SensiGrow Coco at 1T/gal (each part) and squeeeeeeezed her into the flower tent. I hope she likes it in there. She looks a lot different than her little gimpy self.

Lemon Candy

The twins are 11w6d old from seed. Coco is 5w1d in flower, and Soil is 7w5d in flower.

Coco gets fed 20-30oz of AN Sensi Bloom for Coco mixed at 1T/gal (PPM is ~725). Soil got a 20oz feeding of FF BigBloom & Tiger Bloom at 484PPM on 4 May.

Thinking I needed to flush these girls, I prepped two gallons of water with FoxFarms Sledgehammer: 2tsp/gal for soil and 1/2 tsp/gal for coco. I brought them into another room to feed them, where I got a better look at their color. They don't really look unnaturally dark under regular lighting. I guess I have the white balance wrong on my camera, because they look much more normal in color than the photos I've been posting. I flushed them anyway. :) What harm could it do? After, I gave Coco a 16 oz dose of AN SensiBloom for Coco at 1T / gal (each part).

Painkiller XL

Age 16w4d from seed and 8w0d in flower. She's starting to fade. Her color is turning more purple, and some leaves look wilted, even though the soil is still somewhat moist from the last feeding on 4 May. Breeder says flowering time is 8 weeks, and here we are at 8 weeks today. I guess I should scope her tomorrow to see what her trichs look like. :)

That Red Diesel is going to be a beast!

That's what I'm afraid of! LOL I need to get the other plants out of the flower tent so she can fill it up all by herself. haha

I scoped the PKXL today, but she hasn't any ambers, and has more trichomes are clear than cloudy. A couple more weeks, probably.

Back
Top Bottom