Malawi, Golden Tiger, Wild Thailand & Apple Betty From Herbies Seeds

Your plants look great, Chuck! Interesting about the Malawi. I'll have to keep an eye on mine when I put it into flower.

Your plants look great, Chuck! Interesting about the Malawi. I'll have to keep an eye on mine when I put it into flower.
Thanks @HashGirl

The Malawi is front left, my problem child the Wild Thailand is on the front right !

My Malawi was/is a pleasure to grow. She's a little on the green side but that doesn't seem to be an issue.

Gradually "asked" for more food and got it !

Close to my original vision. She didn't grow wild like the Golden Tiger and Wild Thailand. Just the right amount of branches without challenging my Aversion to cutting off Living Stuff, even if it was the plan..

I'm working on that :yahoo:

I topped her above the fifth node and within days cut off the bottom node.

Trained her sideways until she reached ~20" wide before letting her GO !

At that time the four "lower" branches on that node were roughly even with the two outside former apical buds.

Six level tops. Not counting the tops from the lower nodes that are or have caught up !

Not so with the Apple Betty ;)

Those four branches/tops needed to be pulled down but I still managed to not end up with too may top branches !

But I did cut off her first And second nodes after topping.

Cheers

BTW > sorry to hear about your @DabPress experience. Do you have any images of your results ?

Day 41 of 95.

Geez, just over three months now :yahoo:

Breeder says 14 weeks for the Golden Tiger. Only another two months o_O

Auto's next grow ;)

OCD struck, I cut off the curled fan leaf tips on the Wild Thailand, he, he...

A Large clean slate to Watch for signs of any further issues.

In the last four days the Golden Tiger and the Apple Betty grew an inch. Malawi and Wild Thailand no change.

I'm calling this stretch Over, no more measuring !

A member who has been a ProMix HP user for years shared that he has changed his water/feeding schedule on his current grows.

He feeds half as much, twice as often...

I believe that might have some merit. My Girls are always the happiest in the middle of the wet/dry cycle :yummy:

So the Golden Tiger and Wild Thailand got 2L each, the rest of the girls a full gallon.

And I snipped four of the tallest branches on the Apple Betty !

Day 41 AB top two 14 Apr 23.jpg

Day 41 AB top one 14 Apr 23.jpg

Day 41 The Girls 14 Apr 23.jpg

Cheers

Holding off on the flush on the Golden Tiger until I have time ;)

This is the issue creeping up the Wild Thailand.

Day 36 Wild Thailand Issue 9 Apr 23.jpg

After the flush I cut the tips on the right side of this image. 24 hours and no sign of any progression !

Day 36 Wild Thailand Test Bud 9 Apr 23.jpg

Cheers
Loving all those great meals you're cooking @Chuckeye. Btw your plants look wonderful! This thread has been very interesting, glad I finally got up to date with you. Good grow!

My Malawi had excessive heat in October. I doubt it was nute burn... Tips curling like your WT make me think of exess N. Glad you could control it. Cheers

Loving all those great meals you're cooking @Chuckeye. Btw your plants look wonderful! This thread has been very interesting, glad I finally got up to date with you. Good grow!

My Malawi had excessive heat in October. I doubt it was nute burn... Tips curling like your WT make me think of exess N. Glad you could control it. Cheers

Thank you !

Similar but not the same ;)

Thankfully excess N with MC usually just expresses itself with dark green leaves, no necrosis, etc.

What is your medium, etc. ?

Cheers

Soil. LOS. But it was mixed new for that last grow, and it may have been rough in spots while settling in. Had some K def. But the heat exposure in my grow area did that, the necrosis.

In my limited experience excess N can show first at leaf tips with just 1 cm of curl and a bit of brown. Dark green & Clawing is more severe. What's your take on your curvy leaf tips?

Soil. LOS. But it was mixed new for that last grow, and it may have been rough in spots while settling in. Had some K def. But the heat exposure in my grow area did that, the necrosis.

In my limited experience excess N can show first at leaf tips with just 1 cm of curl and a bit of brown. Dark green & Clawing is more severe. What's your take on your curvy leaf tips?
I "think" it is too much food but I've never seen nutrient burn with MC ?

Second is something in the roots. Both plants have Air Domes covered with cheesecloth.

I had the air off for quite a while but it's back on now and I've reduced the feed. Watching the lower leaves for yellowing And the tips for further damage.

Cheers

Well, it is day 43 of 97.

The Wild Thailand (and the Golden Tiger to a lesser extent) have not improved.

So, flush and food reduction didn't work, change in watering schedule didn't work.

To be clear they are both drinking but I would like to get ahead of this...

This does seem to point to a nutrient issue. As I've said before a first for me with MC with Only these two strains but good to know, eh ?

If it is a nitrogen issue I am switching to General Hydroponics MaxiBloom !

5-15-14 For GH MaxiBloom
9- 6-17 For MC

And although the Malawi is only dark green, I am switching her too !

Golden Tiger and Wild Thailand received 6.5g/gallon of MaxiBloom tonight, ppm of ~860 ;)

Their high end of bloom schedule ppm...

Tomorrow early Apple Betty will receive a small upgrade to 6.75g/gallon of MC, ppm ~960. And the Malawi will receive the new mix of MaxiBloom.

Day 43 The Girls 16 Apr 23.jpg

Cheers

Well, it is day 43 of 97.

The Wild Thailand (and the Golden Tiger to a lesser extent) have not improved.

So, flush and food reduction didn't work, change in watering schedule didn't work.

To be clear they are both drinking but I would like to get ahead of this...

This does seem to point to a nutrient issue. As I've said before a first for me with MC with Only these two strains but good to know, eh ?

If it is a nitrogen issue I am switching to General Hydroponics MaxiBloom !

5-15-14 For GH MaxiBloom
9- 6-17 For MC

And although the Malawi is only dark green, I am switching her too !

Golden Tiger and Wild Thailand received 6.5g/gallon of MaxiBloom tonight, ppm of ~860 ;)

Their high end of bloom schedule ppm...

Tomorrow early Apple Betty will receive a small upgrade to 6.75g/gallon of MC, ppm ~960. And the Malawi will receive the new mix of MaxiBloom.

Day 43 The Girls 16 Apr 23.jpg

Cheers
Those spears are awesome. :yahoo:
Massive freeken colas, WoW.:bravo:
Hope everything is going well my friend.
Take care.

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

Uh, Dubi ?

Other site ? I browse five, he, he...

Cheers
Sorry, just assumed you knew. Dubi is the go-to guy for ACE strains, your GT is from ACE right? Herbies Seeds says their Golden Tiger is from ACE.

For contacting Dubi, just post your question in the GT thread. See the second post here: Golden Tiger

It is from Ace but I haven't thought to post in that thread !

Yet ;)

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom