Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

You forgot to turn the light off... before you took a picture of the light when it was off.
Haha oops well maybe its missing? Is that why to see it off? And i will take a pic with the light off when the grow is done. So @SmokeSara i will send you picture in a few weeks, not that big of rush at the moment. But thanks for quick response on getting this dealt with though!!:):snowboating::high-five:

This is true, like although we now mainly sell TS and SP white light, still a lot of customers still like our previous purple light
I'm still testing the SP-250's and absolutely :love: that there are no fans since the tent is quite close to my bed, but they need to really perform to get me to switch from the Reflector 144's which, IMHO, have been the best lights for the money anywhere! ;)

Haha oops well maybe its missing? Is that why to see it off? And i will take a pic with the light off when the grow is done. So @SmokeSara i will send you picture in a few weeks, not that big of rush at the moment. But thanks for quick response on getting this dealt with though!!:):snowboating::high-five:
sure, contact me freely if you need help

Day #48 since pistols.
day 48.jpg

Day #60 since pistols.

day60.jpg

Here is a pic of my 2 sp250 in my 4×4 plants are 16days since switch 12/12
20200323_183156.jpg
looks nice so far, remember to close the tent to increase the reflection of light

It would need to be physically large, IMHO. That's a device that should be capable of properly illuminating a garden of 18 ft.² (1.67225 m²) or thereabouts, and attempting to do so with a small LED device is likely to create a huge 'hot spot" in the center of the garden. You could (partially) get around such an issue by designing a product that is intended to be installed at a significantly greater plant-to-light distance than average, but the average indoor cannabis garden won't support this. Other potential solutions get somewhat trickier, more complicated - and more expensive to manufacture. Therefore, it would make the most sense to simply go with a larger (in physical size) device.

Or you could tell people who want 900 watts of LED light in their grow space to purchase multiple lower-wattage devices ;) .
We always do this, and recommend customers to use more small wattage lights instead of large lights, the light will be more balanced. We are also trying to develop larger wattage LED, as well as smaller wattage LED, which are suitable for growing vegetables:lot-o-toke:

How about a six-sided tower (looking like a hexagon if viewed from above), three feet tall with a (non-illuminated) base to raise the thing two feet off the floor? With the "white light" type setup that your SP and TS series have, and intended to be placed in the middle of the garden. That might (should) appeal to those who run high-production "vertical" bare-bulb HID setups. External power supply, of course.

And maybe a "junior" version that would be cheaper, initially - but could end up making you even more money than the more powerful version, lol, if you built it in such a way that the customer could purchase a second unit later and stack them.

Adding timers in somehow, adding a knob to adjust the power and an on/off switch are also something to think about adding in as well......or even DIY boards a little cheaper and allow the grower to build it. Make interchangeable parts as well....

I've had a few cheap digital timers go nutters on me (and one ~50-year old mechanical one, but it had been carrying a load almost twice its rated capacity for over a year, so that was quickly forgiven), so I'm not sure I'd want a grow light that had a built-in timer. Maybe if I could completely bypass the thing if/when it stopped turning the light on or began turning it on/off at a schedule "known only to it."

When a standalone timer fails, you just throw it away, grumble, and go get one of the spares out of a drawer - or "steal" the last remaining mechanical one from your percolator, lol, and don't have any worries for a while.

I personally would like the light to turn on at like 5% and work its way up to 100% or whatever you want the cut off to be and then have it on the back end for when the lights are about to go off.

well if what you mean is to bid like on ebay, unfortunately i am disabled and live on a very small fixed income, i have several herniated discs in my spine and also need total knee replacement on both knees, i grow for the pain relief i get from cannabis and because i cannot afford to buy it, quite simply i dont have extra money to buy lights or i would have already gotten an led light to test, the best i could do is cover shipping if it was not to much, what i thought you were offering was a light in exchange for a journal and review and all the free advertizing i would do for you, i guess i will have to bow out on this offer/gift and let someone with money have a go at it, its unfortunate i think we could have helped each other out a lot, i have several years growing experience indoors and even more outdoors, heres a pic of my garden 2 days ago
Group140.jpg

but thank you for making the offer and becoming a sponsor here, perhaps one of our other great growers that can afford a little more then me will showcase your lights for you
sometimes being disabled sure can be a big bummer lol oh well it was worth a try ,i sure would have liked trying out that 80x5w led
good luck and have fun!!:thanks:
Lookin yummy!!

The final weight is in.
960 watts (2 ts-3000’s)
Harvest: 2.98 lbs
I believe that’s a little better than 1.4 grams a watt.
Buds are tightand delicious!

This was a grow of 4 different strains and if I had only grown GSCE, I would have had a higher yield for sure.

all in all I’m pretty happy with these lights. More are on the way.
Cheers!

2AC22C68-1975-4C32-9861-2D3E1430FFCE.jpeg

755363F1-9F0F-44DF-80D5-B971013DD1A2.jpeg

25C712FB-5DF1-4525-82B5-8D15A7B273C0.jpeg

I’d have to say these lights do the job! colour, dense buds, tight and lots of it!
I’ll be putting a couple more of these lights (ts3000s) in this room now that I’ve seen them perform through flower. Especially since I hear there is a 420 sale? But can I wait... hmmm.
Final weight is looking great but we won’t k ow for sure until I’d all dried and trimmed. I’ll post the final weight next week!

Adding timers in somehow, adding a knob to adjust the power and an on/off switch are also something to think about adding in as well......or even DIY boards a little cheaper and allow the grower to build it. Make interchangeable parts as well....
We will improve the dimming function, but I don’t think we will sell the light board separately, we have always sold the whole LED

Back
Top Bottom