Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

I know in USA its 110v , thanks , what I want to know is, are these lights (1200w) compatible with 110/220 both , not just one voltage . I have a controller that will turn off and on my lights , but it's 220v . My hps just plug right in .

can anyone please answer this for me? My indoor plants are too tall and I have hung a mars hydro 300 (white one 5w) about 10 cm away from the top of the plant to get some light onto them. Is that too close if heat isn't an issue? I can't hang it anywhere else that I can think of.

You won't get the full spectrum across the plant at that close. Are you in Veg or Flower right now?

You won't get the full spectrum across the plant at that close. Are you in Veg or Flower right now?

I'm in flower and I have the main light that's getting most of the plant it's just the very very top parts of one plant that grew extra tall. And to be honest string just solved my problem. I slowly and gently lowered the branches down lower, makes walking around the room a bit more harder but I can handle that. lol

Now I can hit the rest of the grow with the mars hydro, it was some what in a wasted position only getting select branches.

Problem solved :) but thank you for the reply these forums are great for help and I try myself with my limited knowledge to help out where I can.

Sara,

Tracking shows that my replacement part package arrived at my local post office this evening and is out for Saturday (tomorrow here in the US) delivery. Please let Lucy know that I appreciate all of her efforts and said "Good job!" I know she was frustrated and will be relieved.

Tomorrow after the light cycles off I will replace it and post an update. I know my girls will appreciate having a fully functional light again.

Check your PM I sent a list of area grow stores you might contact about becoming local distributors of your products. Some of them have multiple locations.

Thanks again. Enjoy your weekend.

mars hydro user needs grow help!!! so my grow tent hit 102 degrees today I need to do some thing about it all I can do for now is switch my light schedule to night time and hope that helps some for now

I have two tents both the same size 32x32x63 one flower the other veg light schedule right now is 8 am to 8 pm for flower and 6 am to 12 am for veg I know I want to switch the light schedule to 6 pm to 6 am for flower and 6 pm to 12 pm for the veg so the light are running at night to combat the summer heat

ok tomorrow is my watering day also I was watering in the morning after the lights come on I will just have to wait to water them when the lights come on with there new schedule I think

I want to switch the light but not sure how yet. should I let the flower tent turn off at 8 pm like normal and switch the light back so they come on at 6 pm the next day until the new light schedule kicks in the extra dark might not hurt the plant but if I left the lights on until the next day it might since it is in flower

and now for the veg should I just leave the lights on until the next day and switch or should I do like the one in flower and give more dark until the lights come on or basically the opposite of what I am doing for the one in flower just let the lights run all night until the new light schedule kicks in

I know this is a lot to read and sorry for the rant but you are the wise ones and I need help from the masters

I'm in flower and I have the main light that's getting most of the plant it's just the very very top parts of one plant that grew extra tall. And to be honest string just solved my problem. I slowly and gently lowered the branches down lower, makes walking around the room a bit more harder but I can handle that. lol

Now I can hit the rest of the grow with the mars hydro, it was some what in a wasted position only getting select branches.

Problem solved :) but thank you for the reply these forums are great for help and I try myself with my limited knowledge to help out where I can.

My next suggestion was going to be to train the branches down. :goodjob: :peace:

db003

During my last grow a tree fell across the power lines in the neighborhood and knocked out power for 11 hours including one full flowering light cycle and part of a dark cycle. In nature there are no instances of extended light, but often periods of darkness due to heavy storms, etc. I think you would be safe to skip a full cycle of light and just resume the light cycle on your new schedule.

I am no expert, but that seems logical to me. A better solution might be to increase ventilation to bring the temperature down. I'm looking forward to hearing other growers thoughts. Good luck.

:circle-of-love:congrats on 50 posts, being the member, Gnarl. Haha, I have no comments on the foreign policies because I am totally ignorant of the politics.:confused: I do agree with that our country need to do much better in human rights and enviroment protection. Pollution is the most serious problem facing us.
I will be honest with you. I am very worried about the arrogance of your government and their complete disregard for human rights and the health of the environment of our mother Earth as illustrated by the devastation caused by the mishandling of the storage of volatile chemicals resulting in great loss of life and damage to the land.

Do they really think that we will allow even one military aircraft to land or one warship to dock on the Islands they are building at the back door of our ally the Philippines? The end result will be China's only aircraft carrier laying at the bottom of the sea blowing bubbles like a fat baby farting in the bath water. what do they think they can do about it, load 50 million troops on China airlines and land them in New York City? Or start a nuclear war that can only end in the destruction of the entire world?

You didn't vote, but was there ever a clear difference in the candidates on the ballot?

We can only hope that people wake up and learn to get along peacefully and respect each other and protect our home the Earth from imbeciles.

Holy crap. My apologies, Sara. This certainly wasn't my intension.
Drop the political BS. I made an off-hand remark......

Haha, Neil, it's OK... hmm... maybe they will investigate the posts... never mind, I am a person of insignificance :yahoo: lucky to be common.:high-five:
Interesting few posts, do you really think you are helping Sara's position including her in your rants about her government? You will move on and she will have to answer for your loose mouth.

:rofl:lol, now more people want to move to Colorado.:rofl:
Colorado averages more sunshine a year than any other state in the US. Many people don't realize we are actually a high desert. Altitude and being above the 30 degree parallel gives us prime conditions for THC and CBD production in outdoor grows. UV is stronger because of our elevation and Marijuana produces more cannabinoids to protect itself from the harmful rays. Something like that. Not to mention we are LEGAL!! My friend got pulled over a few days ago, police officer saw his pipe in the cup holder. Police Officer asked,"Did you hit that?", my buddy showed him the freshly loaded bowl and said, "Not yet." The police officer said, "Here's a warning, your left tail light is out. Have a good night."

mars hydro user needs grow help!!! so my grow tent hit 102 degrees today I need to do some thing about it all I can do for now is switch my light schedule to night time and hope that helps some for now

I have two tents both the same size 32x32x63 one flower the other veg light schedule right now is 8 am to 8 pm for flower and 6 am to 12 am for veg I know I want to switch the light schedule to 6 pm to 6 am for flower and 6 pm to 12 pm for the veg so the light are running at night to combat the summer heat

ok tomorrow is my watering day also I was watering in the morning after the lights come on I will just have to wait to water them when the lights come on with there new schedule I think

I want to switch the light but not sure how yet. should I let the flower tent turn off at 8 pm like normal and switch the light back so they come on at 6 pm the next day until the new light schedule kicks in the extra dark might not hurt the plant but if I left the lights on until the next day it might since it is in flower

and now for the veg should I just leave the lights on until the next day and switch or should I do like the one in flower and give more dark until the lights come on or basically the opposite of what I am doing for the one in flower just let the lights run all night until the new light schedule kicks in

I know this is a lot to read and sorry for the rant but you are the wise ones and I need help from the masters

I do the same thing, run my lights from 6pm to 6am to keep the temps down and it works rather well. I don't think it will hurt your plants in flower, I would suggest just making sure that whenever you change them, you make sure to keep at least 12 hours or more of dark... like its ok if they go longer, just not shorter...

For example...since you have your plants on 6am-6pm, I would let the plants have a 24 dark cycle, letting the lights stay off from 6pm, until 6pm the next day when they start there new daylight schedule on 6pm-6am.

The reason, plants flower based on the time of Uninterrupted dark period, not on the light period... so you want to make sure they still get 12 hours or more of undisturbed dark.

I can't guarantee 100% that the plants will not be affected, but I think for the most part you should be ok...

Also, I'm not sure if you are using any type of extraction fans, but if you aren't, I would suggest getting one...

If you are using a extraction fan, where does the warm air go? Mind dumps into the room my tents are in, which slowly heats up the room, therefore the tents... My solution was to put a big box fan in my window, blowing out so cooler air is sucked into the room, and the warmer air is forced out... Its best though if you have a way to completely vent outside the growing area and room the growing area is in...

Hope this helps.. :)

If all else fails, a small evaporative cooler (swamp cooler) also can help, but you have to be careful that your humidity stays in check.

Best of luck :)

Back
Top Bottom