Mars-Hydro LED Grow Light Discussion

You clearly have more knowledge than I do about led lights. What is the issue with the mars hydro lights? Is it just an issue with the pro? Or is it the whole line. I just dropped some coin on all my led lights. Wana make sure I didn't f up.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using 420

It's actually all the lights so far are not as claimed , red is wrong , should be higher at 660nm , not the two blue spikes it should have
And trust me , these posts will be removed quickly, when they come on here and see this

Here is the test from the Mars 300w 5w led , the cheap ones on eBay , I would recommend them over the others so far, they have the best spectrum for the money.
image5012.jpeg

Well this is the test from the MarsHydro II 400w ,
Not as they claim
image5011.jpeg
Damn. That's missing alot of red. That's the light in ordered too. May have to use cfl again. And LED for veg. Damn it.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using 420

Have you got tests for the 1600w Mars II available there 420flyboy? Also you could drop me a pm regarding the price of the 320 too if you like, thanks.

I'm happy with my Mars II 1600w but I'm still interested in how it fares, cheers :thumb:

Agree on the grow tent size. I have the Cree128 and my grow tent is a 3' x 2'. The cree 128 covers that area well. But any bigger I don't know.

I was just going to ask you to do the reflector series if you had one but you beat me to it 420, thanks for posting those results man. It's interesting to see the true spectrum vs what they claim

Wow so I was right... The Remotes control the Led units for each settings of the program. The Remotes has to stay near the Led units 24/7 to make sure they operate right. Can't put that remote in a closed Drawer. Lol

Yep, I leave my remote with the unit. You have to leave the remote in the grow tent if you want to know the temp and humidity anyways. The temp and humidity would be cool if it was built into the unit its self.

As far as the mars pro goes, the company should really listen to customer feedback and get rid of the remote. Don't get rid of the ability to customize, just put a small display screen somewhere on the light so you can adjust the settings. You need to have both a display screen and a remote, you can't just have the remote, if the remote gets broke or lost then your fucked, that's why you need a display screen too, it's common sense. If the company was smart they would ditch the remote all together, add a display screen, and then create a smartphone app. Then you could have an option to download the app for an extra couple bucks if you wanted a remote, and you could also monitor the status of the light while you're away from home.

If you fixed these problems a lot more people would consider buying these lights. The way the lights are right now, I personally don't think they are worth the money, that's just my opinion though.

Hey Stoney in the pictures you posted is that meter reading 71% humidity?

Yes it is. I had fans and stuff off because I was changing them around. Right now though I'm fighting it going up to 89% when lights off. I wake up and the leafs have water on them. I got aanother little fan so we will see.

Back
Top Bottom