MassMedMan's First Indoor - SCROG - 2 Lemon Kush In Smartpots

Here's LK1 which I decided to LST kind of late, but good FIM action:

20141215_153011.jpg

Here's the group, just over a month. Have veg/clone room almost ready so I soaked a Herbies auto fem THC bomb bean, and that is on top of my light

20141215_212355.jpg

Stay green my friends

Does your username by any chance come from the great axeman ... ? :cheesygrinsmiley:

Very nice setup you have! :thumb:

hey man awesome grow!! we are pretty close in setup as im going to be moving to a 400 or 600 watt. ive been reading since post one and have learned some info.. thanks for the help.. i started a grow journal also and need some help along the way.. im gonna post some more photos soon cause ive got some action brewing!!

Does your username by any chance come from the great axeman ... ? :cheesygrinsmiley:

Very nice setup you have! :thumb:

Thank you, that makes me happy.

You'all have shared an amazing amount of information. It is my hope to deliver on what I've learned.

Who is axeman?

hey man awesome grow!! we are pretty close in setup as im going to be moving to a 400 or 600 watt. ive been reading since post one and have learned some info.. thanks for the help.. i started a grow journal also and need some help along the way.. im gonna post some more photos soon cause ive got some action brewing!!

I think about going to a 600 for flower, but I'm hoping if I train them right, Ill make something special with what I have. But, I can also see this being the first phase of my journey. Glad to hear from you!! I'll check yours out but I'll mostly lurk, good luck!

Thank you

Ok, have a ?? & need some help, maybe just a few words.... Last time I watered the lemon kush (12/12) i fed them for the first time. Fox farms week four, half strength. I tested the PH before I fed them and it was 6.28

I tested the run off and it was 6.47 & 6.45

Yesterday they got water only (W/ calmag&superthrive), I noticed the rise in PH last time, so yesterday my PH going in was 5.75

The run off yesterday was 6.30 & 6.35

Anything I should be concerned with?

Can I keep tabs on the PH by using low PH water/fed like it appears I did with yesterday's watering?

Other news, I did screw up my first FIM attempt, but I'm pleased to say I have got it right, here is one example, pretty cool technique:

20141215_152823.jpg

Stay green my friends.

Sweet!! I am trying to decide on wether im ginna TOP or FIM my plants.. Seems like FIM should give you more colas and not hurt the plant as much? Is thi true?
Thank you. I'm not certain. I've topped them before when growing outside and had great luck. I think FIM stresses them just about the same, but they have not told me, yet. At least from appearance they do seem to be stressed a bit. Either way, it slows down the one you do it to, And allows the others to catch up. I had a few branches that I noticed last night are going to run away from me, or run up, so I decided to FIM them to slow them down.

Quick question for you Peter. I read your using 400 watts. How many plants will you have Flowering under that??

Four. Two autos two photos

I'm tempted to get a 600 to flower, but I might just ride this out and do that next run. ??

Not a bad idea. Of course there would be some benefit to switching to a 600. But sticking it out won't be such a bad idea. Definitely something to invest in for the future. I run a 400 and I'm thinking of switching to 1000 for just 2 that are flowering. Think that's crazy?

how high are those 400s? 16 inches?

It's a moving target. Got any suggestions? I'm thinking I've had them too close for periods, as close as 8 inches but with a steady fan blowing across the tops. Right now I am at about 16-20 inches, but tonight I might move them down, I tend to move them around, maybe too much but I'm learning and willing to listen,

To be quite honest I'm sure with the right ventilation you can get the light pretty close however those plants can go like crazy over night. Sometimes I swear an inch or two, so I wouldn't want to have them too close then wake up and there fried. I Keep mine primarily 16inches away because I find any further away the plant stretches all gangly rather than staying bushy. If that makes any sense. That's a problem I had to figure out after at least 5 or 6 grows. But may I state I'm no expert. I'm on here more or less to learn more. I don't want to come off sounding all intelligent and shit lol. Just what's worked for me up here in Canada :)

Apart from heat, you can also over-saturate your plants with light. I ran a 600W hps and saw the evidence in my own plants, so I made sure to keep it 14+ inches away. It was stunting my tops. Here's a chart:

HPSGraphPAR3.jpg

This is a great chart if accurate. I did read somewhere briefly that you can give too much light so this helps! Thanks Gray!

My question though is when does it become damaging based on how many plants I have? Obviously more plants take more energy. So can I apply this to multiple plants or just one?

It's better to think of it as applying to the lamp.

Anything within 11 inches of a 400W hps will be getting too much light. Intensity diminishes very rapidly as you move away from the light. As you can see from the chart, if you move from 11 inches to 14 inches, the intensity drops in half. Another plant will be at least that far from the bulb. A good rule of thumb is to have 50 watts or more of hps per square foot of canopy. That's 800 watts for a 4x4 and 450 for a 3x3.

Back
Top Bottom