MassMedMan's Spring Fling - Indoor/Outdoor - Organic - Medical - 6 Autos

What do you mean by "Osmotic pressure"?

I guess I'll have to go look up "Turgidity" now. LOL

I apologize for not answering, I was hoping that tool would take the hook. Don't mind him. He never did answer my question, or answer what he did before bud washing....he just misdirected. Tool

I get more belly laughs from the threads on this site. Great medicine for the soul. :laughtwo: :love:

Ok, let's try this again, what's meant by "Osmotic pressure"? & one of you smart-alikes better not say Turgidity.

Ok, let's try this again, what's meant by "Osmotic pressure"? & one of you smart-alikes better not say Turgidity.

I looked it up myself, it's in wiki. I'm not going to paste it here. All I was trying to get out of him was a straight answer on what people did before bud washing. He acted so, sanctimonious, imho, about washing - which I support also. But,, it's a new thing. So don't come across all holy about doing it,, since most, including him I'm sure,,,started recently.

Anyway, back on subject. Here is ck2, as is this morning she weighed in at 3.8oz (not including some great trim:) but there is some wood left.

This is the best Candy Kush, but all are over a zip. I think the THC bomb which I cut last week and will trim today,, will be over three also.

Very good harvest. Haven't seen any mold or osmotic pressure....

be good, BAR... Or be really effen awesome. :)

20150702_074341.jpg

Very good harvest. Haven't seen any mold or osmotic pressure....

be good, BAR... Or be really effen awesome. :)
No problem. I'll try to be as awesome as you which is pretty darn awesome.
Nice perfect looking buds there, incredible trim work.

It's early, and I'm not high, so this might not make sense, but here's a wall of text. :)

The cells that make up the plant, have permeable walls, that can let in, or out, water and nutrients. That is osmosis in relation to plants, and how they transport much of what they need to survive. The more water they hold, the more pressure, which is osmotic pressure. The more pressure, the more the plant will be standing at attention, and not drooping. This is high turgidity. When you take a cutting, or harvest, the plant will try to hold on to all of it's water, to survive. Slowly, it will lose pressure, as water is used, and cells begin to die. The dying/drying process starts on the outsides of the buds, and extremities of the plant, and gradually works it's way inward. The plant is alive for much of it, and directs it. You could take a cutting from a chopped plant, and root it. There's also processes that continue while the buds dry - Chlorophyll and starch are broken down, water is expelled, and there's a bunch of other stuff that I can't remember.

I've been washing for a couple of years now, and I've never tried to wash in the middle or end of a drying period, as I didn't know what re-hydrating the buds would do to those processes, essential to producing a smooth tasting product. It could be positive, negative, or just different. It might be found that by re-hydrating at mid-dry, especially in low RH enviros, you slow the drying process down, making for a smoother smoke. I dunno. :) I haven't tried it due to my adventures with fungals. Not to be confused with fun gals.

Coincidentally, the lemon juice has a Sulfite in it, that acts as an anti-fungal. MMM, our area has had persistently high RH for the last three weeks, and I may pull some plants early, just to avoid getting the common mold, not PM. Although I look every plant over with a microscope, and haven't seen a single thing, I'm going to wash every bud immediately, to kill any spores that may be hiding. I don't always wash either, sometimes I skip (shhh!). I do like your experiment though, and it has some basis in plant science from my perspective, but I'm no botanist. Only one way to find out. :)

:thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks::thanks:

It's early, and I'm not high, so this might not make sense, but here's a wall of text. :)

The cells that make up the plant, have permeable walls, that can let in, or out, water and nutrients. That is osmosis in relation to plants, and how they transport much of what they need to survive. The more water they hold, the more pressure, which is osmotic pressure. The more pressure, the more the plant will be standing at attention, and not drooping. This is high turgidity. When you take a cutting, or harvest, the plant will try to hold on to all of it's water, to survive. Slowly, it will lose pressure, as water is used, and cells begin to die. The dying/drying process starts on the outsides of the buds, and extremities of the plant, and gradually works it's way inward. The plant is alive for much of it, and directs it. You could take a cutting from a chopped plant, and root it. There's also processes that continue while the buds dry - Chlorophyll and starch are broken down, water is expelled, and there's a bunch of other stuff that I can't remember.

I've been washing for a couple of years now, and I've never tried to wash in the middle or end of a drying period, as I didn't know what re-hydrating the buds would do to those processes, essential to producing a smooth tasting product. It could be positive, negative, or just different. It might be found that by re-hydrating at mid-dry, especially in low RH enviros, you slow the drying process down, making for a smoother smoke. I dunno. :) I haven't tried it due to my adventures with fungals. Not to be confused with fun gals.

Coincidentally, the lemon juice has a Sulfite in it, that acts as an anti-fungal. MMM, our area has had persistently high RH for the last three weeks, and I may pull some plants early, just to avoid getting the common mold, not PM. Although I look every plant over with a microscope, and haven't seen a single thing, I'm going to wash every bud immediately, to kill any spores that may be hiding. I don't always wash either, sometimes I skip (shhh!). I do like your experiment though, and it has some basis in plant science from my perspective, but I'm no botanist. Only one way to find out. :)

Genius! You're a good man

Some very good info there. Points taken, thank you.

Looking to wrap this one up.

Some final numbers,, not yet final.

First is dry weight with some wood and trim, followed by final weight,, for most except the THC bomb which is still drying.

Ck1 2.3/1.9
Ck2 4.1/3.1
Ck3. 2.1/1.4
Ck4. 1'5/.9
Candy cheese 2.3/1.8
THC bomb 3.3/??

I do everything in ounces.

Couple of notes. I have so much trim, kief, razor hash, all that. Crazy.

Ck2 which I thought was my problem child did the best... Maybe because I gave it so much attention??

Candy cheese,,, seemed like it would dry up when I cut,, didn't have the weight I thought. It dried great,, all weight stayed in the buds and behind some trim was some great bud. The high so far is a bit rough, or too heady for me right now but we'll see. I might grow that again after first thinking it was a bust.

The THC bomb is stacked. I'd love to grow six autos dedicated in my bloom room. I'd pull three easy in each,, no doubt.

Overall, the Candy Kush is the star. Love the strain. Love the strain. Awesome thick buds. Great high.

I'll finish up with a smoke report.

Thank you all for watching, helping, and listening to my blather. I have learned a lot this grow. I hope to share anything and everything with anyone who wants to grow their own organic medical marijuana.... Totally doable with prep work and effort.....

Next.....

Final group shot :)

20150706_173442.jpg

Back
Top Bottom