Mazar Afghan 10 and a 1/2 weeks flowering. Pics

Cotyledons, that's what there called. Where are the pics man? Can NOT wait to see them grow up!:ganjamon::ganjamon:

Great to hear from ya, Velodrone. Cotyedons, that's right (sounds like a dinosaur). Ya I'll take some pics, really don't want to start the journal until I've got everything under control. You know, one seed didn't take and the one with the Cotyedon etc. Waiting for the new seed to stretch it's leg a little more so I can plant it. Maybe later today I'll take some photos and post them here. Thanks for stoppin in , buddy.

Nice journal woodsman! I like your use of CFL's. I have only ever used HID's and usually have temperature issues. I would like to give CFL's a shot, especially after seeing your harvest among others. Nice job.

:nicethread:

Nice journal woodsman! I like your use of CFL's. I have only ever used HID's and usually have temperature issues. I would like to give CFL's a shot, especially after seeing your harvest among others. Nice job.

:nicethread:

Thanks Blitty D, I also had (actually my primary light) a 100w MH/HPS. In my new grow I've got additional CFLs total of 8 - 26 w bulbs

Here is a smoke report after some of the crop has cured for almost a month:

Well I'd say the 'stone' is a 8 out of 10 and that's good (not the greatest) it did get much better from the first dry to now with weeks of cure. Decent smoke, I think that I'm not getting the full potential of what it (Mazar) is supposed to be. Perhaps genetics or just my lack of wattage? The taste has gotten much better through the cure and no longer has a 'green or hay like' taste or smell. More like a light hint of hash in flavor and smell (earthy) I think it also has a faint pine smell like when you crush the needles. Wife says it has a citrus smell? I'll give it now a 7.5 for taste and smell. Great to relax with.

It might be the the lower wattage affected to overall potency but when I did cfl's only it was plenty good. Give it some time to finish up for you and it will get to a 9 out of 10 at least. It is relaxing and for me a trippy bud but mine has some skunk #1 mixed in as well and maybe that add to the up side of the trippy effect. I think. I get more of a nutty taste from mine but the citrus and hash smells are there too.

It might be the the lower wattage affected to overall potency but when I did cfl's only it was plenty good. Give it some time to finish up for you and it will get to a 9 out of 10 at least. It is relaxing and for me a trippy bud but mine has some skunk #1 mixed in as well and maybe that add to the up side of the trippy effect. I think. I get more of a nutty taste from mine but the citrus and hash smells are there too.

Hey MC, My mazar is also the one crossed with Skunk #1. It has gotten much better than when it was 'right out of the box' but is not the knock down weed that I had hoped for. It works but just not to my expectations. I'm still hoping as you suggest it will, get even better as time goes by. Remember, I had only one plant growing. Perhaps, just not the best genes in that particular seed. I hope that was the case as I still have 3 more seeds left. I will most likely grow some or all of them this spring (outdoors) along with my 4 remaining NL#5 seeds.

Plants within a strain can yield different results and potencies. Was yours the Barny's Farm version?

My Mazar (crossed with Skunk #1) were the 'free' seeds from marijuana-seeds.nl that came with my purchased NL#5. I wonder if they (the seed companies) give the free seeds away because of 'expired' shelf life or something?

I'd suspect they were slightly different than the seeds I got and may have been older and sometime but only sometimes makes a difference. I've got a free seed grow coming up next time. It's the stuff I got free from Attitude. Blue Hash, Ca. Hash, White Widow and Blue window. I also have Seedsman's version of the mazar/skunk cross and I plan to grow two of those also next time so I might be able to tell you if Barney's is the top notch version or not.

I'd suspect they were slightly different than the seeds I got and may have been older and sometime but only sometimes makes a difference. I've got a free seed grow coming up next time. It's the stuff I got free from Attitude. Blue Hash, Ca. Hash, White Widow and Blue window. I also have Seedsman's version of the mazar/skunk cross and I plan to grow two of those also next time so I might be able to tell you if Barney's is the top notch version or not.

Man you got a lot on your next table. I'll be watching and ya I'll be watching the Mazar. When will you be starting it?

I'll start popping seeds here in about a week. I veg in my home "office" while I have a couple of plants finishing up in the closet. The Pandora's box has 2-3 weeks left but the Sannie jack probabloy has 4-5 weeks. After I finish the other two and some clean-up of the room I can finish the veg in the closet. I don't do pictures. Wife of 35 years says no so it's no but I will report as much as I can. I figure one tank of widows, one tank of hash plants and one tank of Mazari. I'll start them out in a 6 port BP system and spread them out when they have roots and finish up with straight DWC. Good thing about this is that everything is 8 weeks flower or less except for maybe the white widow.

I'll start popping seeds here in about a week. I veg in my home "office" while I have a couple of plants finishing up in the closet. The Pandora's box has 2-3 weeks left but the Sannie jack probabloy has 4-5 weeks. After I finish the other two and some clean-up of the room I can finish the veg in the closet. I don't do pictures. Wife of 35 years says no so it's no but I will report as much as I can. I figure one tank of widows, one tank of hash plants and one tank of Mazari. I'll start them out in a 6 port BP system and spread them out when they have roots and finish up with straight DWC. Good thing about this is that everything is 8 weeks flower or less except for maybe the white widow.

I understand about your wife's hesitation with the pics. Too bad though as you must have beautiful looking plants. Your also a very helpful soul!

Hey woodsman just checked out your grow and gotta say well done man i'm gonna have to head over to your NL5 grow and see whats up but if no else has warned you yet careful with fungus gnats man i had an infestation due to a miracle grow mistake at the beggining of my grow and even using D- Earth and sticky traps i've not been able to kill em off completely but great grow man i'm glad the smoke is treatin you right

Hey woodsman just checked out your grow and gotta say well done man i'm gonna have to head over to your NL5 grow and see whats up but if no else has warned you yet careful with fungus gnats man i had an infestation due to a miracle grow mistake at the beggining of my grow and even using D- Earth and sticky traps i've not been able to kill em off completely but great grow man i'm glad the smoke is treatin you right

Thanks for droppin in! Ya they came in with the houseplants that we keep outside on the porch in warm weather. I've seen one or two upstairs where the grow is, but 'knock on wood' no infestation there!

IMO this strain has been a favorite of mine... really killer stone... Very trippy buzz but yet relaxing as well. Mine was just the straight MAZAR from DP. Also every week that goes by I seem to get more and more stoned... So maybe your cure just isnt finished up yet....

Thanks for coming by to take a look! I was a little disappointed that it wasn't 'great' from the beginning. I tastes much better now and gives me a mellow buzz. Either just a sub-par seed (free) or I did not have the ideal grow conditions, i.e. temps (to cool), insufficient wattage (100w HPS) or a combination of all.. I still have three seeds left (planted 2 of the five) so I may try it again in my upcoming outdoor grow along with NL#5 (either from seed or a regeneration) and some interesting (though seeded) bagseed that says Snow Pac on the bag (questionable).

Anyway thanks for coming over and giving me encouragement!:thanks:

Back
Top Bottom