Mazar Afghan 10 and a 1/2 weeks flowering. Pics

hey wood never heard of green light cloning products but i personally use root tech cloning gel and have a 98% success rate with my clones but to insure even better results add super thrive. i believe both are available at hardware stores. super thrive is available at Lowe's and Home Depot.

if you have a tough time finding supplies there are a couple online shops i recommend...
Hydroponics | Hydroponic Supplies
Grow Lights, Grow Bulbs and Hydroponics - Plantlighting Hydroponics & Grow Lights
Hydrofarm - Grow Lights, Hydroponics and More!

That's just it, not sure if it is for cloning. On the realistic side of things, I really am not set up for cloning. I don't have the space right now with my little set up. On the other hand, I could use my indoor grow space for cloning while I'm growing outside this summer. I'll think about it and if it is feasible (financially) I may do it.

I plan on visiting Lowes later today for some 'Y' connectors and some cfls and a couple of light sockets, so I'll check out the 'Super Thrive'. I have two 26w daylight cfls and need another 6. Planning to have a set of 4 cfls on either side of the 100w MH for the veg. and then the same (soft white and HPS) set up for flowering.

The wife is going to shit when she sees the bill from today's shopping. I'm telling you guys and galls, we are on a very low budget here and the grow is an extra strain on us. My whole set up is extremely low budget for a reason!

I can't wait for the outdoor grow as nothing like free energy (the sun). When I grow my usual crop outside I don't really need to do the indoor. Just that last summer I ended up with all males and very little smoke left over from the 2008 harvest.

I wish I could, but my camera is a 3m pixel and does not take very good close ups

Eventually I'll post some photos here of my entire harvest along with final weight (minus what I've smoked). I'm waiting for the last stuff (the undergrowth) to finish hang drying, few more days. Before I jar it up for the cure, I'll lay all the stuff out and try to take some close ups using my wifes 7m pixel camera. Should be a little better than mine.

yeah i would really like to grow outdoors but im in an apt. right now. getting a bunch of males is another great reason to clone. you get a 100% exact DNA replica of the plant you clone guaranteeing females. superthrive was in the gardening section last time i was at Lowe's inside the store. ...also take a look at 250 watt HPS bulbs might be cheaper than all the CFL's +reps!

yeah i would really like to grow outdoors but im in an apt. right now. getting a bunch of males is another great reason to clone. you get a 100% exact DNA replica of the plant you clone guaranteeing females. superthrive was in the gardening section last time i was at Lowe's inside the store. ...also take a look at 250 watt HPS bulbs might be cheaper than all the CFL's +reps!

I hear ya about cloning, maybe from my outdoor crop. But as for the 250W hps. I'd love to have more wattage, but it's the cost of a larger system that is restrictive right now. I know that a complete system is only a couple hundred dollars, but that's still tough for us right now. I scrounged around on eBay and bought two of those long black ballasts one 100w MH and one 100w hps and then wired them up myself using some sockets and plugs from Lowes already had some bulbs from work. I spent less than a 100 bucks all together, one cheap fan and you've seen my closet (LOL) PVC from around the shed and some leaf bags! My wife is already asking why I need more lights and I'm not going to mention the 5 Y connectors. Maybe instead of buying two diy sockets, I'll stop by our storage locker and see if I've got a couple of lamps I can take apart. In the end I'll have close to a total of 300 actual (not equivalent) watts. It kills me that we are in this situation. I've worked all my life and find myself for the first time ever in bad shape.

If I wasn't concerned that my lack of wattage could be affecting the potency, I wouldn't be adding the cfls

Hey whats up Woodsman those harvested Mazar buds are looking delicious! I just wanted to drop in and see what was cooking. I see you have made a good friend with HealingKronic he has some terrific advise we should all be so lucky. Great Job:goodjob: :nicethread:

HealingKronic +rep on looking after a fellow 420 grower!:thanks:

Hey whats up Woodsman those harvested Mazar buds are looking delicious! I just wanted to drop in and see what was cooking. I see you have made a good friend with HealingKronic he has some terrific advise we should all be so lucky. Great Job:goodjob: :nicethread:

HealingKronic +rep on looking after a fellow 420 grower!:thanks:

Hello wingman580, thanks for stopping by. You are right about HealingKronic, He is a great guy and a great source of knowledge that's for sure (like everyone else I've met here)

Well just got back from the MJ supply store (Lowes) so my next grow is getting closer. Picked up 5 more 'Y' connectors, two sockets, a few feet of electric wire (in case I couldn't find and pillage a lamp here) and 6 more 26W daylight cfls. Tomorrow I'll start putting it all together.

I give full credit to HealingKronic for inspiring me to scetch this vary amateurish drawing of my up coming (hopefully 3 female) NL grow closet 'a la budget'.

Last grow had only one plant. The additions are the two sets of 4 cfls to either side of the 100wMH/HPS. This is an extreme budget layout here, so no fancy air intake/exhaust systems, strictly passive air flow encouraged by the fan with the heated air escaping through the top and the fresh air entering through a small gap in the bottom side of the closet under the fan. Both openings are lightproof. In order to explain this particular phenomenon we would all have to smoke a large amount of very good sh*t as it involves blankets, clothes racks and dark corners of our bedroom. Any or all comments will be considered and appreciated (as long as they don't involve the use of anything resembling cash). LOL

closet111.jpg

As for cloning, that of course would be the perfect plan, although I have never attempted cloning myself. My wife has some 'Root Stimulator & Starter Solution from Green Light', is that OK for cloning?
Anyway that is quite a perpetual grow you have DreamingOfBuds. Excellent grow journal. You should add a link in your 'signature' so people will find it easier. Here is the copied link, Hope it works:
First Grow from the Frigid N.E.

Hey Woodsman
Lots of great people here that would be more than happy to get you started cloning and you can do it for little to no money and will save you the price of seeds and you know what you are getting. I only clone now and so far have a 100% success rate. You can check your rooting stimulator and see if it's for propagation, if not you can get a jar for about 10 bucks and will last for years, I use Olivia's. With the limited grow time you have outside because of your location, about 45 days before your outside plant date would be a good time to start the clones, that would give you 7-10 days for rooting and 35 days grow time. Northern Lights is a good outside choice for you and I can only imagine how big the plants would get and how big the harvest would be.

Thank you for the link to my sight but doing this stuff is not one of my strong points, I can get the link on my sig. but don't know how to get it to read, First Grow from the frigid NE..

As always wishing you the best.

Hey Woodsman
Lots of great people here that would be more than happy to get you started cloning and you can do it for little to no money and will save you the price of seeds and you know what you are getting. I only clone now and so far have a 100% success rate. You can check your rooting stimulator and see if it's for propagation, if not you can get a jar for about 10 bucks and will last for years, I use Olivia's. With the limited grow time you have outside because of your location, about 45 days before your outside plant date would be a good time to start the clones, that would give you 7-10 days for rooting and 35 days grow time. Northern Lights is a good outside choice for you and I can only imagine how big the plants would get and how big the harvest would be.

Thank you for the link to my sight but doing this stuff is not one of my strong points, I can get the link on my sig. but don't know how to get it to read, First Grow from the frigid NE..

As always wishing you the best.

Thanks for the advise. I know when I eventually attempt cloning I will get terrific advise from you all. Great idea about the upcoming outdoor grow.

About a signature link. I know HealingKronic has a link, but it is hard for me to understand it. here is an easier to understand link for idiots like me from 420 Founder:
How to Add Links to Signatures - 420 Magazine

I give full credit to HealingKronic for inspiring me to scetch this vary amateurish drawing of my up coming (hopefully 3 female) NL grow closet 'a la budget'.

In order to explain this particular phenomenon we would all have to smoke a large amount of very good sh*t as it involves blankets, clothes racks and dark corners of our bedroom. Any or all comments will be considered and appreciated (as long as they don't involve the use of anything resembling cash). LOL

closet111.jpg

Lets play out the scenario of smoking a large amount of good sh*t. At first the conversation is good and steady as we begin smoking. When we start to reach the mid way point of the large amount the conversation becomes less meaningful, totally off all subjects, we begin to slouch in our chairs and out comes the munchies and drinks. As we start to reach the end of smoking a large amount the conversations becomes virtually nil, about all we could muster up would be a "WOW I'm stoned" about every 10 minutes or so. The blank stares on our faces shows how deep in thought we really are and then one of us would crack a smile and the other would bust out in an uncontrollable laugh which would bring all of us to our knees. I'm in, when do we start!!!

Great planning on your setup and it looks very nice, I can't think of anything that would need to be changed and I think you will be very happy with the results.

Lets play out the scenario of smoking a large amount of good sh*t. At first the conversation is good and steady as we begin smoking. When we start to reach the mid way point of the large amount the conversation becomes less meaningful, totally off all subjects, we begin to slouch in our chairs and out comes the munchies and drinks. As we start to reach the end of smoking a large amount the conversations becomes virtually nil, about all we could muster up would be a "WOW I'm stoned" about every 10 minutes or so. The blank stares on our faces shows how deep in thought we really are and then one of us would crack a smile and the other would bust out in an uncontrollable laugh which would bring all of us to our knees. I'm in, when do we start!!!

Great planning on your setup and it looks very nice, I can't think of anything that would need to be changed and I think you will be very happy with the results.

I wish I had some buds that would do what you describe above right now. So far mine aren't quite there yet. Thats what I'm striving for! Good job on your signature!

Woodsman, :goodjob: I am impressed at your dedication and resolve, not many men take a stand with wives about anything:goodjob: and the pics, terrific!
As for the cloning, I was growing before "Clonex" was on the market, and Olivias was brand new. There is an argument out there today that claims growing from seed is an almost forgotten skill. There is a link here to NoMercy :No Mercy Supply a 420 sponsor who is a very creative guy and extremely intelligent. He writes in many articles but there is one where SpeeCees writes highly informative articles for all Cannabis lover.
PLEASE EVERYONE READ THIS:No Mercy Seeds 12/12 Hours 7 Harvests a Year System

let me know what you think, I am not advocating any style or system over any other, I just know that to be successfull you need a system and you are doing great but this might save you a buck.

DreaminofBuds, I see you are from NE and you offer valuable advice and are a good friend +rep:thanks:

Woodsman, :goodjob: I am impressed at your dedication and resolve, not many men take a stand with wives about anything:goodjob: and the pics, terrific!
As for the cloning, I was growing before "Clonex" was on the market, and Olivias was brand new. There is an argument out there today that claims growing from seed is an almost forgotten skill. There is a link here to NoMercy :No Mercy Supply a 420 sponsor who is a very creative guy and extremely intelligent. He writes in many articles but there is one where SpeeCees writes highly informative articles for all Cannabis lover.

let me know what you think, I am not advocating any style or system over any other, I just know that to be successfull you need a system and you are doing great but this might save you a buck.

DreaminofBuds, I see you are from NE and you offer valuable advice and are a good friend +rep:thanks:

Thank you for the support wingman580. I'll check out the link you provided and let you know. Also thanks for recognizing DreamOfBuds for the great contributor he is. I found his grow by accident the other day and realized that at least for most of his entire grow, he was alone! Must have slipped through the cracks.

wingman580, just finished reading most, but not all yet of the link and also went to the sponsors site (accessible through the link). It is a tremendous read and very interesting technique. As you suggested to me, I in turn suggest to everyone to read it. I don't think I would try it yet, but it is a technique that will be tried eventually.. My upcoming grow will involve probably no more than 3 females (I hope). It would be a good plan with a few more I think. Also the perpetual grow aspect of the system may run into to many roadblocks (THE WIFE).

Reps to you wingman580 for passing this on to us!

nice job wood i like the art work and the setup. perfect for your budget! hope to see some good smoke come from there!

Hey HK, well I've got the closet all set up and I will post some pics in a couple of hours. Did quite a bit of work and I feel real good about it right now so I'm loading one up, going to watch a movie with the wife and when she goes to bed I'll be back. Two of the seeds sprouted in the dish, three more to go!

Thank you for the support wingman580. I'll check out the link you provided and let you know. Also thanks for recognizing DreamOfBuds for the great contributor he is. I found his grow by accident the other day and realized that at least for most of his entire grow, he was alone! Must have slipped through the cracks.

wingman580, just finished reading most, but not all yet of the link and also went to the sponsors site (accessible through the link). It is a tremendous read and very interesting technique. As you suggested to me, I in turn suggest to everyone to read it. I don't think I would try it yet, but it is a technique that will be tried eventually.. My upcoming grow will involve probably no more than 3 females (I hope). It would be a good plan with a few more I think. Also the perpetual grow aspect of the system may run into to many roadblocks (THE WIFE).

Reps to you wingman580 for passing this on to us!

Woodsman as a recently divorced father of four raising kids by myself I know all too well the WIFE sitch. After 17yrs married and 3 more years in divorce court I will stay single for awhile.
DreaminofBuds I read your journal and Tiger and I say you need to pick it back up! We will see to it you get traffic, just be careful what you wish for a nice quite grow like yours is very enjoyable.

Woody the technique Cees is highlighting is simple and very straightforward seed and do not touch the plants let grow straight up flower and seed again harvesting 7 times per year! It works.
Great job here and Thank you for the kind words.:nicethread::goodjob:

OK folks I've completed the renovations of my grow closet. I've added the two sets of cfls consisting of 4 26w daylights each with the 100w MH in the center. It's all connected now and the timer is set for 18/6 although I'm not sure if that's what I'll run. By the way, there is nothing growing in there yet, just 5 - 16 oz Styrofoam cups with a 50/50 mix of Happy Frog and Fox Farm Ocean Forest. The 5 NL seeds are wrapped in a wet paper towel and sitting in a saucer. A couple seeds have started to sprout already. As soon as I sow them and they emerge, I'll start the Journal. So stay tuned and I'll link to it from my signature when the time comes.

DSCF000618.JPG

DSCF000522.JPG

DSCF000320.JPG

DSCF000124.JPG

Woodsman as a recently divorced father of four raising kids by myself I know all too well the WIFE sitch. After 17yrs married and 3 more years in divorce court I will stay single for awhile.
DreaminofBuds I read your journal and Tiger and I say you need to pick it back up! We will see to it you get traffic, just be careful what you wish for a nice quite grow like yours is very enjoyable.

Woody the technique Cees is highlighting is simple and very straightforward seed and do not touch the plants let grow straight up flower and seed again harvesting 7 times per year! It works.
Great job here and Thank you for the kind words.:nicethread::goodjob:

Wingman, I think that Cee's technique is perfect for the person that doesn't have a wife like mine, in fact I really dig his method. My problem is that I would grow once maybe twice and then bang, she'll shut me down. That system is the ultimate 'perpetual' grow.

When it comes to growing, a man (or woman) needs complete freedom to express ones self! If they don't (like moi) It's always just one argument away from complete disaster!

Back
Top Bottom