Mazar Afghan 10 and a 1/2 weeks flowering. Pics

hey woodsman, i like the NL idea. i really want to grow out some NL #5. not sure about the NL original but #5 is supposed to be real stinky! heavy yielder too! cant wait to see the stuff in action!

Hey HK nice to hear from ya! I believe I've got the original NL from Marijuana-seeds.nl. I told my wife that it doesn't smell too much. From what I've read, it is not a strong odor (at least the original is not).

Question. Can I grow with just 'clean' peat moss only?

hey woodsman, i like the NL idea. i really want to grow out some NL #5. not sure about the NL original but #5 is supposed to be real stinky! heavy yielder too! cant wait to see the stuff in action!

Can anyone answer this for me?
Woodsman :welcome: to 420 sorry my greeting is late.
First off I read the journal and WOW. I smoked and grew 20yrs ago, I now do again for my health (RI MMJ) and am truly impressed. I picked out the exact strains you have grown like Train Wreck and the beautiful Mazar from the seed bank. You have grown some beautiful and tasty looking buds.
:cheer: :cheer::cool::goodjob::slide::Rasta::cool::smokin::bong::peace::nicethread:

+REP to you Woodsman all the way to your hobbit home of the shire.

As for the first question you can grow with just peat but it is not the best I used peat balls years ago to make clones and propagate, works great for that. As far as growing til harvest the peat when watered in large containers and small turns sticky and looks like mud making drainage a problem. It can be mixed with perlite vermiculite and pro mix to form the best soil IMO.
:smokin:

Woodsman :welcome: to 420 sorry my greeting is late.
First off I read the journal and WOW. I smoked and grew 20yrs ago, I now do again for my health (RI MMJ) and am truly impressed. I picked out the exact strains you have grown like Train Wreck and the beautiful Mazar from the seed bank. You have grown some beautiful and tasty looking buds.
:cheer: :cheer::cool::goodjob::slide::Rasta::cool::smokin::bong::peace::nicethread:

+REP to you Woodsman all the way to your hobbit home of the shire.

As for the first question you can grow with just peat but it is not the best I used peat balls years ago to make clones and propagate, works great for that. As far as growing til harvest the peat when watered in large containers and small turns sticky and looks like mud making drainage a problem. It can be mixed with perlite vermiculite and pro mix to form the best soil IMO.
:smokin:

Hello wingman580, Nice to meet you and thanks for the +reps! Last night I found some references on peat moss and what I learned is that it is on the acidic side when used alone. I've always used it in a mix but never alone. As I said earlier, I'd pre-filled my next grows pots and at the time I had put peat moss only (before my garden supply shed got snowed in). I was going to add vermiculite as I did on my last grow, but I did not like how it kept the medium so damp. I think that I will dig deep into my empty pockets and for the first time get the FF Ocean along with some perlite.

Well, went out to the only place around here that sells FF Ocean Forest. They had only one 12 qt bag left (I think it's 12). So I also bought a 12 qt bag of Happy Frog since the FFOF won't be enough. These will be the mediums for my next grow. I've never used either, but FFOF seems to be a favorite with you all. Happy Frog seems very similar. Any input here?

Also harvested the last of the Mazar/Afghan (13 weeks and two days). Here's some post manicure photos. I left it 'on the stick' to hang dry.

1a12.JPG

2a6.JPG

3a3.JPG

4a3.JPG

Very nice Woodsman:goodjob: That looks like it really developed nicely! I prefer Roots Organics soil. It is not near as expensive as the FF and ALMOST as good. If I had the money I would opt for the FFOF though. Looking forward to your next grow!:nicethread:

Very nice Woodsman:goodjob: That looks like it really developed nicely! I prefer Roots Organics soil. It is not near as expensive as the FF and ALMOST as good. If I had the money I would opt for the FFOF though. Looking forward to your next grow!:nicethread:

My wife has either given me passive consent or she's just not saying anything after our little talk the other day. She knows I purchased the soil and hasn't said a word yet.

I'll be doing a nice cleaning of the closet before setting it up for the grow. I'll be picking up a couple more cfls. That will give me 4 23w cfls and the 100w MH for the veg. Tomorrow I get the NL seeds out of the fridge and get started.

As far as a grow journal, not sure if I'll start from the beginning or wait till I get close to flower. Let me know what you all think.

hey wood, i am also using ocean forest mixed with happy frog at a 2:1 ratio. its been great for my plants! can be a bit pricey but i bought 1 bag of each and one whole bag of OF and half a bag of HF filled 12 3 gallon buckets for me! i didnt add any extra perlite but i would suggest adding 10% more. after using the soil for a while, watering really condense the soil down and air for roots could be better.

i hear you shouldnt use the FF with seedlings. it has high nitrogen which can cause burn.

hey wood, i am also using ocean forest mixed with happy frog at a 2:1 ratio. its been great for my plants! can be a bit pricey but i bought 1 bag of each and one whole bag of OF and half a bag of HF filled 12 3 gallon buckets for me! i didnt add any extra perlite but i would suggest adding 10% more. after using the soil for a while, watering really condense the soil down and air for roots could be better.

i hear you shouldnt use the FF with seedlings. it has high nitrogen which can cause burn.

I was going to buy some perlite, but they were out of it. I have some vermiculite, used it on last grow, but I don't like it so much. Seems like it stays too damp (doesn't dry out very quick) and its not so great to breath. What do you use for seedlings? Is the Happy Frog OK instead? Peat Moss?

Well here's a smoke report for ya, from my wife no less!

She smoked tonight with me, first time in about a month. I asked her to do me a favor and try the stuff out and let me know what she thinks. I loaded up the bong (about a six or seven hitter) and let her smoke the first five hits by herself. We were in the middle of an old John Wayne western at the time. I let about fifteen minutes pass after her last hit before I asked what she thought. She said that she was very stoned and that it seemed like very good stuff! Like I said though, she hasn't smoked anything for at least a month. I still think that it is lacking a little. Still not giving me that 'intense high' that I've been craving for these last 4 months or so. Now of course I've been smoking it everyday since it dried out more than a week ago. Maybe I'll lay off it for a day or two and see what it's like then. It's definitely a little better than it was a week ago before the curing started. Hopefully it's just like what MacMota was telling me a few days ago about his Mazar.

Quote from MacMota:

"Hey Woodsman. Just a heads-up, our MA took a little while to get it's potency. We cut and dried ours and it took a good 2 - 3 weeks for it to really kick in. Now, it's like -whoa!- I can't believe we grew that!"

Hey Woodsman, I just read your journal from beginning to end and what a great journal and a lot of fun to read and congrats on your grow, what a beautiful plant and just covered in buds, many kudos....... If it were my Mazar and I knew in a couple of weeks that is was going to be much better than what it is today I would probably get me a 1/2 oz from somewhere else and smoke it knowing what I have waiting for me is getting even better.
I just finished my second harvest of Northern Lights #1 with seeds purchased from the same place as you. You might want to bleep this next part out so your wife wont read it but I live in a 4 story house, full basement and full attic with two living floors. I have no filter system at all other than a basic exhaust fan for the light and I grow in the attic, I can smell the plants on the second floor of the house, 5 plants. After harvest they are dried in a office closet on the second floor and I can smell the drying bud in the basement. The plant has a very pungent smell and almost makes me sick to my stomach it is so strong. Nobody comes in my house for the first week to ten days after harvest and I will have a carbon exhaust system before the next harvest.
You mentioned you are saving your last 5 NL seeds for an outdoor grow. What you might think about is saving the seeds for an emergency and take cuttings from one of your indoor females. You know they are ladies and you will already know their growth habit and after this next indoor grow you could take cuttings from one of the outdoor ladies for the next indoor grow.

Sorry to be so long winded on your journal and I do wish you the best of luck.

Hey Woodsman, I just read your journal from beginning to end and what a great journal and a lot of fun to read and congrats on your grow, what a beautiful plant and just covered in buds, many kudos....... If it were my Mazar and I knew in a couple of weeks that is was going to be much better than what it is today I would probably get me a 1/2 oz from somewhere else and smoke it knowing what I have waiting for me is getting even better.
I just finished my second harvest of Northern Lights #1 with seeds purchased from the same place as you. You might want to bleep this next part out so your wife wont read it but I live in a 4 story house, full basement and full attic with two living floors. I have no filter system at all other than a basic exhaust fan for the light and I grow in the attic, I can smell the plants on the second floor of the house, 5 plants. After harvest they are dried in a office closet on the second floor and I can smell the drying bud in the basement. The plant has a very pungent smell and almost makes me sick to my stomach it is so strong. Nobody comes in my house for the first week to ten days after harvest and I will have a carbon exhaust system before the next harvest.
You mentioned you are saving your last 5 NL seeds for an outdoor grow. What you might think about is saving the seeds for an emergency and take cuttings from one of your indoor females. You know they are ladies and you will already know their growth habit and after this next indoor grow you could take cuttings from one of the outdoor ladies for the next indoor grow.

Sorry to be so long winded on your journal and I do wish you the best of luck.

DreamingOfBuds, thanks for dropping by. As you said, I will not mention anything about odors to my wife, that for darn sure. As for cloning, that of course would be the perfect plan, although I have never attempted cloning myself. My wife has some 'Root Stimulator & Starter Solution from Green Light', is that OK for cloning? Things are very tight financially for us (for a while now) and I can't always do the things that I wish I could (higher wattage for one). That is one of the reasons that I've been growing my own. The other reason (and just as important) is not having a connection to purchase from.

Anyway that is quite a perpetual grow you have DreamingOfBuds. Excellent grow journal. You should add a link in your 'signature' so people will find it easier. Here is the copied link, Hope it works:
First Grow from the Frigid N.E.

hey wood never heard of green light cloning products but i personally use root tech cloning gel and have a 98% success rate with my clones but to insure even better results add super thrive. i believe both are available at hardware stores. super thrive is available at Lowe's and Home Depot.

if you have a tough time finding supplies there are a couple online shops i recommend...
Hydroponics | Hydroponic Supplies
Grow Lights, Grow Bulbs and Hydroponics - Plantlighting Hydroponics & Grow Lights
Hydrofarm

Back
Top Bottom