Misty Green's Indoor Coco Lemon Potion & LSD Autoflower Grow Journal, 2019

Just my two cents, missty, because I'm also a first time grower. I dropped three Jack Herer seeds (I ordered them from Dr. Seeds) all at the same time and they all germinated roughly at the same time and I got all three into soil at roughly the same time (+/- 12 hours). The first JH started flowering after only four weeks of veg. The second started flowering after 6 weeks of veg and the third one flowered after 8 weeks of veg. And these were the exact same seeds from the exact same company, in the same soil and under the same light. I assume all three were different pheno types, which caused each of the three to flower at different times. And none of them are on the schedule that the seed company "suggests" in their write up, on their website.

All of that to say, I don't think that you should be concerned that anything is wrong, yet. Yes, you will probably have to come up with an alternate plan for drying but I don't think that you should be concerned with the grow. I just think that the Lemon Potion will just stay in veg a little longer than the LSD. I hope that you find this information useful. Good luck.

Ahhh good, well that's def helpful info :) tbh i've been a little worried about it...i'd hate to have to trash a plant after all this hard work, lol...

thanks for helping out :)

<3 misty

Plenty of threads around to build a DIY drying box too if needs be. Won't cost you much. It is odd she hasn't started flowering yet though. Looking forward to seeing them.
yeah, i might do that. but tbh, i'm prolly gonna invest in one of those...what's it called...Dry-Fast things? i forget what it's called, but it's an electric speedy-dryer for your buds. they get pretty good reviews, and i'm def curious about faster drying to prevent bud rot or mold...no probs with curing, mom has plenty of mason jars, so i'll prolly end up spending the $100 for the air dryer.

from what i understand, drying and curing is an art unto itself beyond growing bud...and for my first attempt, i think i'm gonna do my best to eliminate potential problems so i can bring home the harvest and feel good about it, help make it a positive first experience, ya know?

thanks for the encouragement and tips :) pics and update on saturday or sunday evening!

<3 misty

yeah, i might do that. but tbh, i'm prolly gonna invest in one of those...what's it called...Dry-Fast things? i forget what it's called, but it's an electric speedy-dryer for your buds. they get pretty good reviews, and i'm def curious about faster drying to prevent bud rot or mold...no probs with curing, mom has plenty of mason jars, so i'll prolly end up spending the $100 for the air dryer.

from what i understand, drying and curing is an art unto itself beyond growing bud...and for my first attempt, i think i'm gonna do my best to eliminate potential problems so i can bring home the harvest and feel good about it, help make it a positive first experience, ya know?

thanks for the encouragement and tips :) pics and update on saturday or sunday evening!

<3 misty
It is an art that's for sure. It's easy enough to do but does take practice and experience to nail it I think. I've dried two harvests without any issue now but know I can get it better. Personally I'd save your $100 and build a drying box but obviously it's your choice. That $100 could go on seeds and other goodies for your next grow. Ha ha. Not sure if yours is one of these but I've seen a couple of grows on here where supposed autos haven't gone into flower and needed to be put on a 12/12 cycle. Fingers crossed that isn't the case for you but all 5 autos I've done have popped pistils at 3-4 weeks.

hey! :Namaste: updates and pics...

lights are on 20/4, 18" from the top of the canopy.
feeding about every 2 days when pots are very light.
3g of MC per gallon, giving each plant about 2L of water (so about 1.5g of MC per 2L bottle).
still giving about 1.5 mL cal-mag with each watering.
temps are a little high today bc it's warm and will be tomorrow (85 here), but tent temps have otherwise been about 80-81 with 40% humidity.

EDIT: @Mayne @Alafornia @DrDoob @Barney86 @CADBOY guysss, someone PLEASE chime in and stop me from buying Bud Candy, Sweet Candy, or Bud Explosion...please reassure me it isn't needed to grow bigger, juicier buds....THEIR DELICIOUS-LOOKING PACKAGING IS DRAGGING ME IN!!! :drool:do these buds need any nutrient adjustment in the flowering stage? don't they need a nitrogen adjustment, or something? CANDY PACKAGING :oops:

first the LSD plant that's budding along pretty well.

20190930_143330.jpg

20190930_143346.jpg

got a little nutrient burn on the tips when i increased the MC to about 5g per gallon (2.5g per 2L bottle).
i did 3 plain ph'd water feedings of 2L each, so i'm hoping that'll reduce the nutes in the coco and stop the burn.
went back to about 1.5-2g of MC per 2L bottle yesterday.

20190930_143354.jpg

the Lemon Potion plant still isn't budding, so idk...maybe just a slow grower.

20190930_143309.jpg

20190930_143320.jpg

as always, i welcome your observations, tips, and advice. thanks guys :)

<3 misty

PS - my new seeds arrived today from seedsman, so prolly around the first week of December i'm gonna be growing one Tonic Ryder CBD auto/fem, and one Black Mamba CBD auto/fem. i'm also prolly gonna buy a cheap blurple 300w or 400w light off Amazon for additional lighting, so each plant can have its own overhead light plus getting a little crossover. i figure for about $80 it'll be a cheap but effective upgrade.

20190930_143454.jpg

That looks beautiful, @missty80 !

I can't speak much to growing in coco, but I can see you're doing a great job.

guysss, someone PLEASE chime in and stop me from buying Bud Candy, Sweet Candy, or Bud Explosion...please reassure me it isn't needed to grow bigger, juicier buds....
They look great, I don’t think the one is an auto flower though. Might want to think about switching your lights to 12/12 before too long. You don’t need that other stuff. I didn’t really have good luck with it at least. Just MegaCrop and CalMag will grow nice juicy buds.
A5D33B36-CD1D-42E1-B942-BC200E282B22.jpeg

:passitleft:

@DrDoob ok, but i have a question. i'm using the new 2019 MC formula (9-6-17), plus a little bit of cal-mag which is 2-0-0.

i've read that flowering plants need little to no nitrogen, but a lot more phosphorous and potassium. Bud Explosion is 0-19-39, and many people are reporting bigger, happier buds by cutting down the MC and supplementing Bud Explosion during flower, for the PK boost with reduced nitrogen.

i was planning on this:

1) keep MC reduced to about 2g per gallon.
2) add just trace amounts of cal-mag.
3) supplement 1g of Bud Explosion to the mix.

i figure this way, i can reduce the nitrogen while pumping up the PK for fatter buds. i'm getting the 500g free sample of MC plus the Bud Explosion, total cost = $16, so i figure it couldn't hurt to try, right?

what do you think? does that seem like a solid plan?

about the Lemon plant:

it was labeled auto/fem, but i got it from Pacific Seed Bank...and later research has shown that this seller may not be 100% on the level.

prob is, my LSD is now flowering, so i can't switch it to 12/12 yet. i'll have to wait until i chop the LSD if i want to try 12/12. so i figure maybe 3-4 more weeks for the LSD to finish flowering, and if the Lemon hasn't popped buds by then, i'll try the light switch.

the Lemon is still growing quite a bit of leaves, and as you can see, there aren't any bud sites yet. very strange. so i'm gonna give it another couple of weeks and see what happens.

i'll update soon again, thanks for your input :)

<3 misty

@DrDoob ok, but i have a question. i'm using the new 2019 MC formula (9-6-17), plus a little bit of cal-mag which is 2-0-0.

i've read that flowering plants need little to no nitrogen, but a lot more phosphorous and potassium. Bud Explosion is 0-19-39, and many people are reporting bigger, happier buds by cutting down the MC and supplementing Bud Explosion during flower, for the PK boost with reduced nitrogen.

i was planning on this:

i figure this way, i can reduce the nitrogen while pumping up the PK for fatter buds. i'm getting the 500g free sample of MC plus the Bud Explosion, total cost = $16, so i figure it couldn't hurt to try, right?

about the Lemon plant:

it was labeled auto/fem, but i got it from Pacific Seed Bank...and later research has shown that this seller may not be 100% on the level.

prob is, my LSD is now flowering, so i can't switch it to 12/12 yet. i'll have to wait until i chop the LSD if i want to try 12/12. so i figure maybe 3-4 more weeks for the LSD to finish flowering, and if the Lemon hasn't popped buds by then, i'll try the light switch.

the Lemon is still growing quite a bit of leaves, and as you can see, there aren't any bud sites yet. very strange. so i'm gonna give it another couple of weeks and see what happens.

<3 misty
If its not broke dont try to fix..... Your plants look fine. Dont over think it is a weed. Get use to a 1st few grows then play with diff. Nutes/additives. Looks good keep it up.

i was planning on this:

about the Lemon plant:

<3 misty
Your plan is solid, and will probably be great. Bud Explosion is just a lot stronger and more likely to cause problems than MegaCrop alone. It just complicates things a bit and has a little more risk. Just be careful.

Just a suggestion; your auto flower can finish up the last couple weeks at 12/12 without a big loss or anything. That other one will get a lot larger. I’d definitely consider flipping it before too long.

That Lemon Potion is seriously healthy! I've come across a couple online journals where the LPA's are stuck at a stand still like yours. Lush beautiful growth but extremely slow bud development. I'm not sure what's up with that but here's to hoping it starts exploding soon.

I'll be chopping my Lemon's this week, can't wait!

hey guys, week 10 update with pics below :cool:

1) by now i'm 100% certain my Lemon Potion is NOT an autoflower. we're at 10 weeks and not a bud site in...sight. Pacific Seed Bank sells some crummy product...i'll never buy from that place again. only Seedsman from here on out.

2) the Lemon is still vegging and stretching, but she's getting unhealthy now. she's extremely bushy, but getting lots of dying yellow leaves around the base, and even toward the middle of the plant. she's also showing rusty spots and brown edges on some fan leaves.

this is a shot in the dark, but i'm guessing something went wrong there. maybe it was an autoflower that just never budded, and now it's reaching the end of its natural life cycle (without buds). it's also showing a lot of purplish stems. i've been keeping up the normal feeding cycle, but idk what's up with it right now.

3) the LSD plant is doing great, budding nicely. i went for it and bought a bag of Bud Explosion and reduced the cal-mag and MC, and she's responding well--buds filling up and chunking nicely. i think about 2-3 more weeks and she'll be ready for the Big Chop.

4) i'm considering pulling the Lemon if it doesn't change by the time i'm ready to chop the LSD plant. even if i switch to 12/12, i'll have to wait for her to start developing buds, then wait for her to bud out, and if this autoflower is already nearing the end of her natural life, i doubt she'll even bud strongly (or even live long enough to bud properly?).

i'm stoked about getting my next grow started--i'm doing 2 Tonic Ryders, a super-fast auto from Seedsman (8 weeks from seed to chop). by the time i'm done waiting around for the Lemon to mature (which might not even happen), i could be halfway done with these Tonic Ryders.

and tbh, seeing what i've seen from Pacific Seed Bank, who knows what this Lemon plant even really is? doubtful it's what they claim it is.

5) right now i'm giving the LSD 2g of Bud Explosion per gallon, plus 1.5g of MC per gallon, plus 2 mL of cal-mag per gallon. i'm trying to keep the nitrogen low while pumping up the P/K.

i'm giving the LSD one gallon every other day, bc she seems pretty thirsty these days.

tent temp is hovering between 74-80 degrees (night/day temps), humidity between 40% - 50%.

some of the leaves have brown edges and look a little crispy, but i think i had the light too close for a week or so (it was about 16" because i was away for a weekend and they stretched a bit during that time). i think the heat might have crisped the leaves a little. i've moved the light back to 18" from the canopy, and the problem doesn't seem to be getting worse.

6) i'm gonna bite the bullet and buy the Herbsnow dryer instead of screwing around with drying the buds in a closet or the grow tent. i'm no expert dryer, and i'd rather let a machine built specifically for this purpose remove the guesswork. i'm growing this stuff for my mom's medical needs, and i REALLY don't want to lose buds because of my amateur drying mistakes...especially because it's doubtful the Lemon plant will end up yielding anything.

i do have a bunch of mason jars and lids ready for the curing, so no prob there.

ok, here are the pics:

20191007_192416_Burst01.jpg

the LSD plant, yum yum...when i unzip the tent, the whole room reeks like Fruit Loops...it isn't even really skunky. it's just a delicious fruity-berry scent ^_^ check out that big chunkafied bud right in the middle!! :)

you can't see from that angle, but i've also lollipopped the stems below the 4th node, trimming off all the excess leaves and larfy buds. i'm only doing very slight defoliation now, carefully removing 1-2 leaves here and there maybe once a week if they're blocking a bud site's light.

20191007_192456.jpg

the light/heat might have crispified some of the leaves a lil bit :3

20191007_192456.jpg

20191007_192406.jpg

ok y'all, that's the update for now. more updates and pics next weekend. as always, i welcome and appreciate your suggestions and insights :)

<3 misty

Looks great! 1.5g of MegaCrop isn’t very much at all, if you wanted to save that photo you should increase the MegaCrop and from the description up the calmag too. I used 6g of MegaCrop, and 1tsp of CalMag and that was considered “light feeding”.

hey, thanks for the suggestion...but a few weeks ago i tried giving 4g per gallon and it looked like it was causing nutrient burn...brown leaf tips almost immediately, so I backed off.

I'm also trying to limit the nitrogen and pump up the p/k for max bud growth.

besides, isn't it nearly time to start flushing anyhow? if I'm going to chop in 3-4 weeks?

this is the info I got from nebula haze at grow weed easy...is it incorrect?

<3 misty

hey, thanks for the suggestion...but a few weeks ago i tried giving 4g per gallon and it looked like it was causing nutrient burn...brown leaf tips almost immediately, so I backed off.

I'm also trying to limit the nitrogen and pump up the p/k for max bud growth.

besides, isn't it nearly time to start flushing anyhow? if I'm going to chop in 3-4 weeks?

this is the info I got from nebula haze at grow weed easy...is it incorrect?

<3 misty
I just meant the other one thats a photo not the flowering auto.

oooh ok I gotcha, I misunderstood :3

ok I'll try increasing the MC and cal for a week and see how that goes, and I'll report back next week. thanks :Namaste:

<3 misty

@Mayne @Alafornia @DrDoob @Barney86 @CADBOY @scrogster @VetSmoke85

hey guys, a quick update...and an important question. no long speeches today, just in and out.

i'm a little concerned about both plants. they're showing rusty leaves, and i'm not sure whether this is a nute deficiency or from overfeeding...was hoping you could shed light on this issue.

both plants seem very healthy. the LSD is chunking up nicely, and though the Lemon isn't budding, it's growing strongly.

anyhow, could someone please offer an opinion about what's causing this?

does it look like light burn? cal-mag deficiency? nute burn from overfeeding?

i've been reducing the MC and calmag in the LSD plant lately, and supplementing it with Bud Explosion. feeding it a gallon of water every 2nd or 3rd day, about 2g of MC per gallon, 2 mL of cal-mag, 1.5g of Bud Explosion.

the Lemon plant has been getting about 3-4 mL of cal-mag per gallon, about 2g of MC per gallon, feeding every 2nd or 3rd day (depending on whether the pot is light or heavy).

the light is about 18" over the canopy, tent temps consistently 74-78 degrees now, about 40-50% humidity.

20191011_000656.jpg

20191011_000708.jpg

thanks guys :)

<3 misty

I'll defer to others on the diagnosis. Just wanted to say you've done a helluva job. Hope you and mom are doing well.

I’m no expert on nute problems but that bottom picture looks like something a little extra cal-mag would clear up.

The top picture is different though not sure, just a guess from photos I just looked at, but seems like potassium deficiency or maybe overfeeding.

Back
Top Bottom