Misty Green's Indoor Coco Lemon Potion & LSD Autoflower Grow Journal, 2019

thanks y'all! :)

i'm taking a much-needed vacation next week, and i'll be home on friday. i'll post more pics on sat or sun.

i think the LSD plant is doing much better. the branches are long enough to LST now.

the Lemon plant is going nuts!! it's literally growing like an inch in every direction every day. i hope it doesn't get outta control! o_O

i'm a little concerned that i over-LST'd it somehow, but idk. time will tell. i'm hoping it stretches upward soon, because it's like literally growing sideways right now because the branches are all twisty-tied down.

i'm hoping to see pre-flowers in 2-3 weeks :)

when you guys do autos in coco, do you switch to flower nutes, or just keep using Mega Crop + calmag all the way through flower?

<3 misty

Great News Misty, ! Awesome to read

Use the calmag thru 3/4th of your flower time.

SO if its a 8 week flower, Use cal-mag till day 42, then use just Epsom salt from walmart, 3/4th the PPM of the calmag u were using. Hope that makes sense. Im sure a few great growers will chime in for ya,.

Im getting ready to start blue dream in str8 coco with MagaCrop, cant wait, just put in water,

Use just the megacrop and calmag misty! You'll do fine with that combo start to finish! This is my first grow also using megacrop in coco on day 71 from sprout.
signal-2019-08-31-142437-5.jpg
20190828_183656.jpg

hey guys! :)

been away for a bit, letting the girls grow and do their thing...i was in mexico too for a trip, ugh, i needed that SO BAD...

ok, so here's updates and pics.

this is what i've been doing lately, and updates...

2g MC per gallon, watering to about 20% runoff.

adding about 2 mL cal-mag per gallon to each watering.

waiting until pots are very light, then watering again--usually about 2 or 3 days between watering.

defoliating the dying/yellowing leaves, mostly near the bottom.

a tiny bit of defoliating leaves that are shading the bud sites, never DF'ing any big healthy fan leaves (i try to tuck instead of trim when possible).

a lot of LST going on, i think the pics show the Lemon Potion (on the left) is getting a nice flat canopy.

i supercropped one small stem on the LSD (on the right), bc i've never done that before and i wanna see what happens before i go bending all the other stems o_O

attaching the carbon scrubber later today. i removed the ducting and got a bigger humidifier, and now the temps are in the high 70s/low 80s, humidity between 45-50% every day :)

raised the light to about 20" over the canopy...some of the LSD leaf tips were yellowing (see pics below), and since it's only happening on the highest leaves, i'm guessing that's light burn and not nute burn. we'll see how it goes.

i thought i had a fungus gnat thing happening...i swore i saw a few tiny bugs flying around the tent...not sure. but i let the soil sit dry for 5-6 days and i haven't seen anything since, so either the gnats died off or it was just dust or something flying around, but i'm paranoid about bugs so whatev, i think it's fine now.

definitely getting a skunky odor in the grow tent now...does it look like they might be getting ready to switch over to flower?? :)

here's pics guys, as always please let me know what you think and whether anything could use adjustment. as always, i appreciate you :)

<3 misty

20190909_075056.jpg

^ Lemon on left, LSD on right.
20190909_075124.jpg

^ the Lemon Potion up close.

20190909_075140.jpg

^ the LSD up close. it's a sativa, so i think that's why it's a little thinner/taller/spindlier than the Lemon indica.

20190909_075412.jpg

^ the LSD, do the tips look light burned or does it look like nute burn?

20190909_075428.jpg

^ the LSD again, is that light green/yellowish on the little leaves and tips normal or some kind of burn?

Attachments

• 20190826_013214.jpg
    20190826_013214.jpg
    850.5 KB · Views: 31
Looks good.

Ahh, it seems like it was just yesterday that you were fretting about the plants being too puny to survive. Look at you now! Those ladies look like the picture of health. Whatever you are doing, just keep doing that. And yes, those yellow tips look like a little nute burn but nothing to worry about now. It looks like you have things dialed it. Good job!

I just go off of tsp for the megacrop and dont weigh it out cause it seems timely but your plants look healthy as hell, but your growing in coco coir right? If so you should not be letting your plants go days without watering trust me I made that mistake myself. Coco is considered hydro and the more water the more oxygen to the root system.

I would personally also bump up the calmag to like 4ml per gallon, its virtually impossible to overdo autos with calmag so no worries there but my bigger ladies needed the boost in flower for sure.

thanks for the support guys, i'm gonna increase the cal-mag a bit and see how that goes.

checking in again soon with updates and pics, i think they're getting close to flower :))

<3 misty

Misty,

THEY LOOK BEAUTIFUL, !!!!

So happy for you and your Mom.

Now, remember, Just my opinion, Save up for the HerbsNow dryer. Because the hardest part of this growing thing, is Drying and cure. With the dryer, its a no-nonsense dry and done, ready for cure system.

Now, just my opinion,

me personally, have lost alot due to the whole dry/cure process, and Im getting one, just because im tired of throwing a great harvest in the trash, but thats just me.

LOL,,

Again, AWESOME JOB!!

@Mayne thanks :)

yeah, i've been reading mixed reviews about that dryer. my mom is wary about newfangled gadgets...especially for $150.

but i think there's about 2 months until chop time, so she might change her mind by then.

since we've never dried/cured weed before, it might not be a bad idea.

i'm curious about how we divided up the plants, though. can i leave one plant in the tent a few more days while i'm drying the other plant in the dryer? a couple more days on the vine probably won't hurt, right?

<3 misty

nope, a few more days isnt a bad thing for sure. It says you should be able to get 6 Oz worth into the dryer. My bluedream seeds ended up being duds, ( 1 cracked, 1 didnt) but didnt grow beyond the cracked, but started some of my FireOG/Chem cross i created, and should be done in 75 days from seed, because i do 12/12 from the start. So maybe i will end up being the gueny pig for the dryer, lol, but i see good reviews on it. I did end up drying my cbd with the same temp the dry uses ( 83F ) and fan, and it dryed better then any ive done in the past ( 62F & 60RH &15 days) which always ended up horribly.

Like i said, i wouldnt steer you wrong, so i wouldnt push crap to ya, i dont get a deal on them or anything, just something i think is a great idea. I know you can get them cheaper ($125 from GrowBoss ) he is a grow guru on the Tube.

nope, a few more days isnt a bad thing for sure. It says you should be able to get 6 Oz worth into the dryer. My bluedream seeds ended up being duds, ( 1 cracked, 1 didnt) but didnt grow beyond the cracked, but started some of my FireOG/Chem cross i created, and should be done in 75 days from seed, because i do 12/12 from the start. So maybe i will end up being the gueny pig for the dryer, lol, but i see good reviews on it. I did end up drying my cbd with the same temp the dry uses ( 83F ) and fan, and it dryed better then any ive done in the past ( 62F & 60RH &15 days) which always ended up horribly.

Like i said, i wouldnt steer you wrong, so i wouldnt push crap to ya, i dont get a deal on them or anything, just something i think is a great idea. I know you can get them cheaper ($125 from GrowBoss ) he is a grow guru on the Tube.

interesting, $125 isn't too bad...maybe i'll invest in one. i've heard that drying is the hard part, and you can f up your entire harvest if one little thing goes wrong....and i've never done this before...so maybe i'll do that.

i doubt i'll end up with 6 oz total since this is my first run, but hey, i could get lucky ;)

sorry about your blue dream...that stuff is yummy, sad to hear it didn't work out :3 i might grow some of that in the future. for my next grow, i'm thinking about a Lavender Jones auto (sativa) and a Hawaiian Dream CBD (mostly indica, about 5% THC and 15% CBD), but idk about doing 1 auto/1 photo in the same tent, seems like that might cause probs, idk.

thanks for your support :)

<3 misty

but idk about doing 1 auto/1 photo in the same tent, seems like that might cause probs, idk.
Can be done but an auto on 12/12 for flower will have quite an impact on your yield. Autos should be on 18/6 minimum from start to finish. I did 20/4 for much of my first grow and my current auto grow I'm sticking with 18/6. Some auto growers will use 24/0. All personal preference on your setup I think but 12/12 will likely give you poor results.

hey friends! ^_^ updates for the past week.

no pics right now--my mom had a bad migraine earlier today, so she didn't feel like having anyone over. but that's ok, i'll send pics next weekend :)

- the girls are strong, healthy, and sassy. gorgeous green, no nutrient or light burn, they look very happy.

- the LSD is definitely budding. from the look of things, it probably won't be a massive yield. hard to tell right now (i'm new at this), but at this point i'm hoping to harvest 2 dry ounces from this girl. LSD is labeled a "short/bushy" strain, and i might have went a little nuts with the LST early on, bc both plants are like 12" right now...so there probably won't be any long colas. but we'll see.

- a few days ago, i supercropped a couple of the thicker stems that have big buds growing, and they're recovering nicely. by skill or luck i managed not to break any of the stems, and they're getting those hard knobs around the bent sections, so that seems to have worked out well. will it help? not sure...time will tell.

- the Lemon Potion isn't flowering yet. i guess it takes longer than LST. it seems ready to bud, but it isn't showing any pistils yet. i've released them from LST, and they're growing straight and strong toward the light. i'm hoping they start budding this week.

- as per Nebula Haze's advice, i defoliated ("lollipopped") below the third nodes on each stem and removed all the small, weak stems, hoping to get heavy, dense bud growth on the main stems. the plants are now far less bushy, and there's great light penetration and airflow reaching throughout both plants.

- i've increased the nutrients to about 3g per gallon of Mega Crop, but i'm not feeding each time now. the LST was getting a little yellow at the leaf tips, so i've been doing nutes > plain pH'd water > nutes, typically feeding about every other day...the soil is drying much faster now that the plants are defoliated. i also do a good 20% runoff feeding every other time now (with the nutrient water).

- right now i'm doing about 1.5 mL of cal-mag per gallon. the plants don't seem to have any deficiencies, though...do i still continue cal-mag throughout flower?

- lights are 18" from the canopy, seems to be fine there. that's where they've been since seedling, and the plants seem to like it at that distance.

- it's been warmer here, so the tent has been creeping up over 80 again. i also have the air scrubber on the fan, so it might be slightly reducing the exhaust fan's power. now that the plants are more mature, i've been keeping the humidity around 40-45%, but the plants seem fine. hopefully it isn't stunting their growth or something.

- i purchased these seeds from a certain place...i don't want to name names, bc someone might think i'm spamming or something...but let's say this SEED BANK is near the PACIFIC. well, i recently read some negative stuff about them, so i visited a site run by a MAN who sells SEEDS in Spain...and wow, i can't recommend this place enough. i spent $110 and got 24 seeds (including shipping!) :D i am ridiculously happy and can't wait to start my new grow and bother you guys all over again ^_^

next grow (probably starting in late october or mid-november), we're gonna have Tonic Ryder auto, Northern Lights auto, and probably King's Kush auto.

Tonic Ryder is speedy...they say it goes from seed to harvest in 7 weeks total o_O so i'm curious about that girl.

anyway, thanks for checking in with me guys, as always i appreciate your assistance and advice, and i welcome any suggestions you wish to make. you guys are the best. thanks so much :)

<3 misty

Hey guys, updates. Pics on saturday or sunday this week :)

So...I might have a problem...might not, idk.

The LSD is well into flower now, she has bud sites everywhere and seems very healthy and coming along fine.

But the Lemon Potion is still vegging :3

I started them the same day, but still no signs of flowers...tried googling, but not much info about this strain.

They say 70 days from seed to harvest. But it's coming up on that, and she's still growing lots of leaves. I'm not even seeing any white pistils yet...any ideas?

Could this strain just need more time to show pistils? I'm hoping they didn't somehow mess up the order and not send me an autoflowering seed...I'm getting a little concerned because I planned on using the grow tent to dry the buds, and if the Lemon is going to take weeks longer I'm not sure where I'm gonna dry these buds =/

Any thoughts or suggestions would be wonderful...thanks guys.

<3 Misty

edit: actually it's only been about 7 weeks since the seeds popped, so maybe they aren't quite "coming up on 70 days" just yet. But don't they need 30-60 days just in the flowering period to bulk up the buds?

Just my two cents, missty, because I'm also a first time grower. I dropped three Jack Herer seeds (I ordered them from Dr. Seeds) all at the same time and they all germinated roughly at the same time and I got all three into soil at roughly the same time (+/- 12 hours). The first JH started flowering after only four weeks of veg. The second started flowering after 6 weeks of veg and the third one flowered after 8 weeks of veg. And these were the exact same seeds from the exact same company, in the same soil and under the same light. I assume all three were different pheno types, which caused each of the three to flower at different times. And none of them are on the schedule that the seed company "suggests" in their write up, on their website.

All of that to say, I don't think that you should be concerned that anything is wrong, yet. Yes, you will probably have to come up with an alternate plan for drying but I don't think that you should be concerned with the grow. I just think that the Lemon Potion will just stay in veg a little longer than the LSD. I hope that you find this information useful. Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom