Misty Green's Indoor Coco Lemon Potion & LSD Autoflower Grow Journal, 2019

hi guys, just checking in.

well, we'll do a good news/bad news thing here i guess.

Good News:

- the CBD Lemon seems to be doing well...ish. it's only about 6.5 inches high now, but it seems like it's doing well, it's a nice rich green and grows a lot each day. i have it under LST, so it's sideways at the moment, but it seems to be growing pretty fast.

- no bugs or mold

- ph'ing the water and adding cal-mag is simple

Bad News:

- i think i might have damaged the roots when i transplanted them =/ i started them in vented plastic cups, and when i moved them to the pots, i think i hurt or broke some of the roots. i think i might have stunted their growth x.x but it might be too early to tell.

- i'm not sure the LSD is gonna make it. right now it's only about 4 inches high, and though it seems healthy, it's TINY. i'm not sure i'm gonna keep the LSD plant.

- tent temps are still averaging around 83-87 degrees, night and day. humidity seems ok, hovering evenly around 45 - 50% all the time with the humidifier running 24/7. god damn it must be dry in my mom's house...no wonder her sinuses hurt all the time...anyway, i heard temps over 85 degrees can actually stop the plant from growing, but i've no idea how to cool off the tent any further. i have an intake fan, an exhaust fan, and a humidifier running cold water...not sure what else i can do.

might get better come winter. i can leave the window cracked open and vent the hot air right into the room, where hopefully it will cool (it gets pretty cold around here in winter).

other updates and stuff i could use some help on:

- right now i'm feeding them about 2/3 of a liter of water every other day, 25 ppm of cal-mag, up to 300 ppm with nutres. i'm giving with nutes each feeding. is this not enough/too much water? the plants seem to be responding well, especially the Lemon. i'll typically brew up a big batch of nute-water so all my mom has to do is pour half a bottle one day, the other half the next day or day after, and then i go over there and check everything a couple times a week.

- the Lemon seems very happy with the light about 18" overhead...the LSD doesn't seem to be responding so strongly. i'm worried my light isn't giving wide enough coverage to cover both pots. i wish those damn things were square so i could put them right beside each other x.x but i can't, and i'm concerned one plant will always get less light...if so, i'm thinking about growing just one plant at a time from now on, so it can soak up all the light's rays by itself.

- i've started doing LST, and i "topped" the Lemon plant. it seems to be growing two new top branches (colas?) right beneath where i trimmed...is this a good sign? is that correct?

- could too much light stunt the growth? i could easily switch it from 18/6 to 12/12 if the light is damaging the plants...but they both seem pretty sturdy and are rich green...so idk...

- i don't have any pics right now--didn't have time last time i was over there. i'll be over there this weekend, and i'll snap some pics then.

so, tl;dr version...

- tent is around 83-87 degrees, 40-50% humidity regularly
- cal-magging water to 25 ppm, then adding nutes so the finished water is about 300 ppm, ph'ing water to 5.5 - 6.0
- each plant gets about 2/3 liter of water about every other day, poured in a ring around the plant's base. i never let the topsoil get dry, but i don't leave the soil all wet and swampy either. i'm TERRIFIED of getting those gnats from leaving the soil too wet...my mom will FREAK OUT if she gets a bug infestation in her house x.x
- starting LST with garden twisty-ties (carefully)
- concerned plants are stunted and will be small...LST is about 4, 4.5 inches, Lemon is about 6 - 6.5 inches but getting quite bushy

thanks guys let me know what you think :)

<3 misty

guy on reddit: are you eventually gonna trim that bush
me: NEVAR :Namaste:

They will each grow a little differently. If it looks healthy and is growing then give it time and allow it to be itself.

You could raise the light to 24 inches to get a wider coverage but really doesn't sound like you need to based on the size of the plants.

Hope it cools off there a bit soon.

Keep up the good work.

hey, so i've been doing some reading...it seems maybe i'm suffocating the roots with too much water.

think i'm gonna move it down to watering once every 3 days, letting the soil get dry and the pots light, before watering again.

i'm also going to try diluting the nutes further. i might be overfeeding them.

the temps are also pretty high and the humidity is always below 50%, there seems to be not so much i can do about that right now. we'll see how it goes once it cools off outside.

if necessary, i'll buy a second big fan (right now my exhaust fan is 205 CFM), like a 300 CFM, and use that for the exhaust fan, and move the 205 fan to the intake spot.

who knows, maybe the plants will go through a big growth spurt soon. i hope so, because we're almost at the halfway point through their lives, and they're still tiny...if they don't erupt soon, there'll probably be no more than 1/4 - half oz of dry bud per plant. and that's pretty weak =/

anyway, i'll send pics this weekend, hopefully i'll get some feedback then.

<3 misty

hey, so i've been doing some reading...it seems maybe i'm suffocating the roots with too much water.

think i'm gonna move it down to watering once every 3 days, letting the soil get dry and the pots light, before watering again.

i'm also going to try diluting the nutes further. i might be overfeeding them.

the temps are also pretty high and the humidity is always below 50%, there seems to be not so much i can do about that right now. we'll see how it goes once it cools off outside.

if necessary, i'll buy a second big fan (right now my exhaust fan is 205 CFM), like a 300 CFM, and use that for the exhaust fan, and move the 205 fan to the intake spot.

who knows, maybe the plants will go through a big growth spurt soon. i hope so, because we're almost at the halfway point through their lives, and they're still tiny...if they don't erupt soon, there'll probably be no more than 1/4 - half oz of dry bud per plant. and that's pretty weak =/

anyway, i'll send pics this weekend, hopefully i'll get some feedback then.

<3 misty

Hey, Misstey, just remember you aren't in soil so it's gonna be different for you than what us soil growers do.

Check out this thread from @Barney86 before making any big changes: All you need to know about how to feed in Coco

How many days since popping up are these plants? Seems a bit soon to be halfway through. Remember the stated flowering times by the breeders are for flowering time only and does not count vegging time leading up to that, or at least that's my understanding.

Stop stressing. Keep growing.

Yeah you don't wanna be even considering giving it a wet dry cycle missty. The nutes will turn back into salts. Build up and fry your plants.
Coco is hydro growing. Hydro literally means water. just feed light, always every day and always to run off and your good. I see you've got 30% perlite so you honestly would have to try pretty hard to over do it.
Just stay easy on the nutes and let the plant tell you when they want the dose upped. :)

With your setup you cant drown your roots, water daily till 15% run off of water with Light nutes.

As your watering, the water is pulling air into your coco, this is great for roots.

Post some photos of your plants, it will help ua get a visual of what your seeing.

@Alafornia @Barney86 @CADBOY

thanks for the support you guys, great tips :)

urggh i'm still a little freaked about root rot or getting those nasty gnats though...i read they appear if the soil is kept too wet for too long...

and i feel like something is stunting their growth, the LSD plant is like a few inches high and is tiny...i feel like something is keeping these plants small...

but yeah, what do i know? i'm a n00b.

one other question i have though: do you guys ever use plain ph'd water? i read somewhere doing that once in awhile can flush out built-up salts in coco...any thoughts or experience with that?

anyhow, i'm gonna listen to your advice and go with it.

- keep nutes dilute and water every day to 15% runoff
- first add Calmag to 25 ppm, then add nutes for a total of 300 ppm for now, then ph water to proper numbers
- start ph'ing water to 6.0 - 6.3 per NebulaHaze's advice for coco grows (i've been doing 5.5 - 6.0)

i think this looks good for right now, unless someone would like to make any better suggestions :)

thanks again guys, your support is gold :kiss:

<3 misty

This was my first grow with an Autoflower at about the same age as yours I think. Something to compare to.

1768725-d1fc9b18a1567ecced3655934df484c4.jpg

This was my first grow with an Autoflower at about the same age as yours I think. Something to compare to.

1768725-d1fc9b18a1567ecced3655934df484c4.jpg

@VetSmoke85 oooh nice, it looks identical to mine. well that gives me hope :)

looks virtually identical. i have the same air pots and coco soil, with a 3x3 grow tent plus a 315 CHM light.

how much did that plant end up yielding? please say at least an oz of dry bud, i'd be very pleased with that for my first grow, especially with autoflowers ;)

<3 misty

@VetSmoke85 oooh nice, it looks identical to mine. well that gives me hope :)

looks virtually identical. i have the same air pots and coco soil, with a 3x3 grow tent plus a 315 CHM light.

how much did that plant end up yielding? please say at least an oz of dry bud, i'd be very pleased with that for my first grow, especially with autoflowers ;)

<3 misty
That's good then. You should be right on track. Well she was grown in a little bedside cabinet with a 65W quantum board. Had to keep her small because of my space but she yielded 50g if my memory serves me right. Wasnt anymore than 30cm tall. That was my first grow and all the help from here was brilliant. You'll be fine. This is the same plant just before harvest.
20190801_105050.jpg

urggh i'm still a little freaked about root rot or getting those nasty gnats though...i read they appear if the soil is kept too wet for too long...

and i feel like something is stunting their growth, the LSD plant is like a few inches high and is tiny...i feel like something is keeping these plants small...

one other question i have though: do you guys ever use plain ph'd water? i read somewhere doing that once in awhile can flush out built-up salts in coco...any thoughts or experience with that?

- first add Calmag to 25 ppm, then add nutes for a total of 300 ppm for now, then ph water to proper numbers
- start ph'ing water to 6.0 - 6.3 per NebulaHaze's advice for coco grows (i've been doing 5.5 - 6.0)

i think this looks good for right now, unless someone would like to make any better suggestions :)

<3 misty

As long as you are in coco you have to get soil off the brain.

Regarding water only, I direct you back to Barney86's thread.

Glad you got the temps in your control.

Yes you can pre mix megacrop nutrients in a 1gal jug. It will settle eventually. Just give it a shake before use. Ive always followed the 1 gram per gallon as per the website. But this grow I have autos and I simply did 1 teaspoon per 1 gal and so far its good.

1 teaspoon of Megacrop
1 teaspoon of calmag
Pre mixed in 1gal jug.

This works for me.
Ok I didnt even read any further when I saw this in a desperate and hopeful attempt in telling you NOT to listen to this advice!!!! Its simply going to destroy your plants.. check out my grow we are pretty much running the same setup but I have more light and more plants! Same nutes and same cmh kinda light and same medium and I'm also growing autos!

I'm on day 62 and that amount of nutes he just told you to use is a bit more then I'm using on my girls currently!! You will quite literally fry your plants!! I'm here to help you now and If you did kill your ladies listening to bad advice ima send you seeds to start fresh!! Also tag in @farside05 dudes a master and uses megacrop also he put me onto the stuff! @EastCoastGhost is also a good person for info! I'll keep reading but you got some people that will get you taken care of to help your mom!!
I read your thread when you were looking for lights a few weeks back.

<3 misty
"They appear if the soil js kept wet"
this aint soil. :) not had a single bug in 4 years at 4 locations growing hydro. Worry abput that stuff if and when. If ypur a gardener or are around plants much outside, walk the dog through the woods or whatever then get changed before tenting the flock.

Ph for veg is best at 5.7.
You start to get lockouts at 5.5 and 6 is as high as you want to go.

Cut the nutes in half. Less is best. I dont even feed them other than water the first 5 days.
Then 100ppm for a week. 200ppm for a week.
300ppm for 2 weeks then 450-800 after that depending on how big they get.
They dont need much nutes because of the volume.
Theyll tell you when to up it by going yellow.

Hmmm...yeah, anything else :) not busy so fire away :)

Ok I didnt even read any further when I saw this in a desperate and hopeful attempt in telling you NOT to listen to this advice!!!! Its simply going to destroy your plants.. check out my grow we are pretty much running the same setup but I have more light and more plants! Same nutes and same cmh kinda light and same medium and I'm also growing autos!

I'm on day 62 and that amount of nutes he just told you to use is a bit more then I'm using on my girls currently!! You will quite literally fry your plants!! I'm here to help you now and If you did kill your ladies listening to bad advice ima send you seeds to start fresh!! Also tag in @farside05 dudes a master and uses megacrop also he put me onto the stuff! @EastCoastGhost is also a good person for info! I'll keep reading but you got some people that will get you taken care of to help your mom!!
I read your thread when you were looking for lights a few weeks back.

I never try to give bad advice. I literally just said what im actually doing.

With my grow environment this works for me, but of course what works for me, may or may not work for you, her, his or that guys environment.

If I have actually caused harm from advise givein, id happily send a bag of seeds for compensation with links to more seasoned growers also to help out.

My apologies

I never try to give bad advice. I literally just said what im actually doing.

With my grow environment this works for me, but of course what works for me, may or may not work for you, her, his or that guys environment.

If I have actually caused harm from advise givein, id happily send a bag of seeds for compensation with links to more seasoned growers also to help out.

My apologies
You are currently giving small plants a tsp of megacrop per gallon? I'm giving my 62 day autos that are huge! 3/4th tsp per gallon of megacrop, 5ml per gallon of calmag and 5ml per gallon of armor si and I ph to 6.1-6.2 cause I'm in heavy flower.

My ppm is pushing 1k and my plants are taking it but they are bigger, over 500ppm at her stage would probably burn them alive. I know you didnt mean to give bad advice it's just mega is very strong and I don't want her to get on the wrong path! Shes got tons of people in here to help her along now! I'm still waiting for jedi @farside05 to chime in here :)

You are currently giving small plants a tsp of megacrop per gallon? I'm giving my 62 day autos that are huge! 3/4th tsp per gallon of megacrop, 5ml per gallon of calmag and 5ml per gallon of armor si and I ph to 6.1-6.2 cause I'm in heavy flower.

My ppm is pushing 1k and my plants are taking it but they are bigger, over 500ppm at her stage would probably burn them alive. I know you didnt mean to give bad advice it's just mega is very strong and I don't want her to get on the wrong path! Shes got tons of people in here to help her along now! I'm still waiting for jedi @farside05 to chime in here :)

Agreed I wont want anyone to burn there plants. But yes, I used 1 teaspoon for baking, level scoop and filled up 4 liters of water. When I water I pour it into a 500ml bottle and feed from the 500ml.

Feed this from seed till now same method no issues. Mine just started showing pistols and its at 2 tsp per 4 liters of water. I only started doing this cause last time I used too little.

Agreed I wont want anyone to burn there plants. But yes, I used 1 teaspoon for baking, level scoop and filled up 4 liters of water. When I water I pour it into a 500ml bottle and feed from the 500ml.

Feed this from seed till now same method no issues. Mine just started showing pistols and its at 2 tsp per 4 liters of water. I only started doing this cause last time I used too little.
Well are yours autos or photos? 2 tsp per gallon of water would put your parts per million (ppm) over 1500 easy and that's a huge dose of nutes even for fully flowering photos man.

Not saying your lying just seems like a wayyy bigger feed then what it should take without burning into dust lol

Well are yours autos or photos? 2 tsp per gallon of water would put your parts per million (ppm) over 1500 easy and that's a huge dose of nutes even for fully flowering photos man.

Not saying your lying just seems like a wayyy bigger feed then what it should take without burning into dust lol

Grapefruit auto. Was a runnty liitle thing to start with. But now its nice looking ;)
I just did what I thought will work for my environment. But yes your right the megacrop says use less then I do lol

Yeah autos really don't need a lot. Although I've just remembered you're growing in coco so may need a little more than a soil grow. Yes mix well and ph after adding the nutrients to the water. I've found it best to feed by judging the weight of the pot. Feel how heavy it is after a feed and then wait until it's nice and light before feeding again.
Not in coco mate. We need very weak nutes and lots of them.
Coco/peri cannot be "over watered."
The problems you get in soil from "over watering" actually come from poor drainage leading to a lack of oxygen in the pot.
The lack of 02 is the problem in soil, not the water.
Coco/peri at 70/30 is fast draining so pulls lots of available 02 to the root zone with every gallon.

Coco is the exact opposite of soil in every way bud.

Back
Top Bottom