Misty Green's Indoor Coco Lemon Potion & LSD Autoflower Grow Journal, 2019

Exactly, you got it :)

Yes megacrop will last a very long time hahaha. I thought the same thing before. So little goes in its crazy.

As the plant gets bigger you add more megacrop 1 gram or 1 teaspoon at a time. Around 3 weeks I use 2 to 3 teaspoons depending on the plant.

Keep an eye on the color of the leaves, this will help let you know when to bump up the nutrients.
ok, so as they keep getting bigger, i add another teaspoon?

i doubt they'll get huge (they're autos, and i specifically purchased "short" strains...at least that's what the seed bank said), if it's ok i'll post pics as they get bigger and you can advise me about whether i need to add more nutes. i think they'll probably max out at 3 teaspoons...maybe only 2...i guess time will tell.

do you increase the amount of calmag as the plants grow too?

well, i'm feeling better about this whole thing now...i was getting stressed, and this guide is a HUGE help :)

my mom has been worried that the seedlings aren't doing well because the Lemon is still so small and the LSD still hasn't shed its seed casing...

now i just gotta decide whether to move the light closer...it's about 2' away now, maybe a little more, and i'm wondering if that's hindering the progress...it doesn't feel too hot at all at the top of the plant, maybe i should just leave it a few more days and see what happens before lowering the light closer?

<3 misty

Yeah autos really don't need a lot. Although I've just remembered you're growing in coco so may need a little more than a soil grow. Yes mix well and ph after adding the nutrients to the water. I've found it best to feed by judging the weight of the pot. Feel how heavy it is after a feed and then wait until it's nice and light before feeding again.
thank you my friend :thumb::Namaste:

<3 misty

thank you my friend :thumb::Namaste:

<3 misty
I'm new to growing too, just completing my 2nd journal now and most of what I've learnt is from people here. You're in the right place to succeed. These plants will amaze you how resilient they are and no plant is the same. So much to learn and hopefully you'll love every second of it. The highs and the lows. If the casing isn't coming off you can very carefully assist it. I had one like that and I put it under a humidity dome overnight and it popped straight off. What I've learnt is to not panic and make knee jerk reactions. With autos you do need to act quickly with problems to avoid stunting their growth though.

Hey Misty, Id do the 14/10 lights. Keep in mind, Cannabis roots grow ALOT at night. THEY LOVEEEEE NIGHTTIME..

Now, the nutes, ................... MegaCrop, or really any dry nute system, is 1000 times stronger then bottled nutes. 1 Teaspoon Bro? Its important to get a digital scale to measure with, because MegaCrop is no joke, you will burn your plants up really fast if u use to much or over feed. Ive been using the stuff for 2 years almost,..

Just until now, did i finally get the hang of nutes to be honest. Always went by the bottle, but Ive learned light=amount of nutes.

If your watering everyother day, mix 1 gallon with enough nutes to 100PPMs. THAT INCLUDES CALMAG> for the first 2 weeks, then bump to 150PPM, and see if the plants ejoy that enough.

That is why i suggested Cocoloco, because you would of had to feed it nothing but calmag water for the first 50 days at least. and Being in a 5gallon, maybe might not had to feed her but 1-2-3 times total to harvest.

Those plants should be 80 or so days from start to finish?

KEEP THAT LIGHT AS FAR AS POSSIBLE.

I use MegaCrop a lot and in my experience it’s about 5-8 grams per teaspoon depending on moisture content. So be careful with these measurements. I never go more than 8 grams per gallon and that’s for big plants. For seedlings I use about 2 grams per gallon and slowly increase over a few weeks.

You should also get that seed shell off, it’s been too long. You can spray it with water a few times to soften it up, then carefully spread it open.

Don’t move the light down, it’s really strong and they’re just wee little babies. They have to grow roots before they grow leaves, it just takes time.

Good luck and have fun!

:passitleft:

Hi Misty I just dropped in to see how you are doin and you are off to a good start we all have issues when startin a new grow and it appears you have it under control now. I would suggest you read FarSide's journal growing without bloom nutes as he grows in coco with Mega Crop nutrients. Coco is a hydroponic medium and you can't overwater as it retains 30% oxygen when wet. I grow in coco as well and have achieved great results from my first grow in my new grow room.
it was a shake down grow so to speak workin out the bugs. I managed to harvest over two pounds from a 4' x 5 ' grow space under 600 watts of COB LED's. Be patient the people here will give you the help you need Keep 'em green

Hey Misty, Id do the 14/10 lights. Keep in mind, Cannabis roots grow ALOT at night. THEY LOVEEEEE NIGHTTIME..

Now, the nutes, ................... MegaCrop, or really any dry nute system, is 1000 times stronger then bottled nutes. 1 Teaspoon Bro? Its important to get a digital scale to measure with, because MegaCrop is no joke, you will burn your plants up really fast if u use to much or over feed. Ive been using the stuff for 2 years almost,..

Just until now, did i finally get the hang of nutes to be honest. Always went by the bottle, but Ive learned light=amount of nutes.

If your watering everyother day, mix 1 gallon with enough nutes to 100PPMs. THAT INCLUDES CALMAG> for the first 2 weeks, then bump to 150PPM, and see if the plants ejoy that enough.

That is why i suggested Cocoloco, because you would of had to feed it nothing but calmag water for the first 50 days at least. and Being in a 5gallon, maybe might not had to feed her but 1-2-3 times total to harvest.

Those plants should be 80 or so days from start to finish?

KEEP THAT LIGHT AS FAR AS POSSIBLE.
grr...yeah, i forgot about the cocoloco when i was looking at soils. i got tied up and distracted looking at something else, and i got the perlite soil instead. bleh. c'est la vie i guess...now i know for the future.

ok so, my amended feeding schedule...

- 100 ppm of mega crop + calmag, ph'd after adding nutrients to 5.5 - 6.0, then increase to 150 ppm in a few weeks
- water whenever the pot feels light
- about 2 grams (half a teaspoon, or a bit less) of mega crop in a gallon of water should be 100 ppm
- leave the lights as-is for now
- pop off the seed casing

i'm doing 18/6 for the moment to see how the plants like that.

so i water ONLY with the nute water, never with plain water, right?

about how much calmag do i add to the water? what i mean is, if i'm adding mega crop to 100-150 ppm, how much calmag do i add to that water?

also, do you water right before the lights go off, or before?

<3 misty

grr...yeah, i forgot about the cocoloco when i was looking at soils. i got tied up and distracted looking at something else, and i got the perlite soil instead. bleh. c'est la vie i guess...now i know for the future.

ok so, my amended feeding schedule...

- 100 ppm of mega crop + calmag, ph'd after adding nutrients to 5.5 - 6.0, then increase to 150 ppm in a few weeks
- water whenever the pot feels light
- about 2 grams (half a teaspoon, or a bit less) of mega crop in a gallon of water should be 100 ppm
- leave the lights as-is for now
- pop off the seed casing

i'm doing 18/6 for the moment to see how the plants like that.

so i water ONLY with the nute water, never with plain water, right?

about how much calmag do i add to the water? what i mean is, if i'm adding mega crop to 100-150 ppm, how much calmag do i add to that water?

also, do you water right before the lights go off, or before?

<3 misty

Hey Misty, You using Tap water or RO water?

You probably should grab a gram scale to measure the MegaCrop, zon like $10 for a decent one. Not a bad investment. That way, no guessing, because trust me, a tiny bit over with megacrop can be bad. its strong.

I will surf around to see what others are doing with MegaCrop/315w cmh/coco grow.

Now, when mixing nutes:

#1-Calmag--
#2-MegaCrop
#3-PH

Now, Im pretty sure, 6.9 PH start will end with 5.6-5.8 when MegaCrop is added, it always dropped my PH down to Hydro area, which was cool, till i found out Cocoloco is best at 6.7-6.9..

PH down, 1 tiny drop is VERY powerful, and takes 7-8 drops of PH up to fix it, at least in my lab it does, LOL.. SO be carefull with the PH down,

Hope you are able to get the ambient temp down in the room, @missty80 . Perhaps you'll be able to get it cooler at night so it won't be quite as bad during the day. You're doing a great job so keep up the good work!

Hey Misty, You using Tap water or RO water?

You probably should grab a gram scale to measure the MegaCrop, zon like $10 for a decent one. Not a bad investment. That way, no guessing, because trust me, a tiny bit over with megacrop can be bad. its strong.

I will surf around to see what others are doing with MegaCrop/315w cmh/coco grow.

Now, when mixing nutes:

#1-Calmag--
#2-MegaCrop
#3-PH

Now, Im pretty sure, 6.9 PH start will end with 5.6-5.8 when MegaCrop is added, it always dropped my PH down to Hydro area, which was cool, till i found out Cocoloco is best at 6.7-6.9..

PH down, 1 tiny drop is VERY powerful, and takes 7-8 drops of PH up to fix it, at least in my lab it does, LOL.. SO be carefull with the PH down,
i'm using tap right now, my mom doesn't have an RO machine.

oh, believe me...my mom already has a gram scale, no prob there :laughtwo:

i'm curious about how much calmag to add to the water, though.

1) calmag (how much per gallon?)
2) 2g of mega crop per gallon
3) ph the water to around 5.8 - 6.0, that's what the consensus seems to be. remember, i'm using coco + perlite, not the brand Cocoloco, which probably has other factors due to the nutrients included in the soil.

per this thread i read earlier ^

if you could kindly direct me about the calmag amount i'd appreciate that, i need to water tomorrow morning and this will be my first time adding calmag to the jug ;)

thanks for your support :)

<3 misty

Morning Misty, Happy Friday!!

100PPMs worth of calmag, Not sure what that is in terms of ML of measurment,

But your going to have to take notes, and measure PPM without anything in your tap, then, the tap PPM must be added to your total PPMs.

Good news is, most tap water systems usually have good amounts of cal, AND, your not growing LED, so you might even be able to get away with very very little calmag, like 25-50 PPMs worth.

Morning Misty, Happy Friday!!

100PPMs worth of calmag, Not sure what that is in terms of ML of measurment,

But your going to have to take notes, and measure PPM without anything in your tap, then, the tap PPM must be added to your total PPMs.

Good news is, most tap water systems usually have good amounts of cal, AND, your not growing LED, so you might even be able to get away with very very little calmag, like 25-50 PPMs worth.
I think the recommended application is 5ml (1 tsp) of calmag to 1 gallon of water. That's the level that I have been using in soil, but coco may be a little different. It can't be much different, however.

Hope you, Mom, and the plants are doing well.

hi guys, just checking in.

well, we'll do a good news/bad news thing here i guess.

Good News:

- the CBD Lemon seems to be doing well...ish. it's only about 6.5 inches high now, but it seems like it's doing well, it's a nice rich green and grows a lot each day. i have it under LST, so it's sideways at the moment, but it seems to be growing pretty fast.

- no bugs or mold

- ph'ing the water and adding cal-mag is simple

Bad News:

- i think i might have damaged the roots when i transplanted them =/ i started them in vented plastic cups, and when i moved them to the pots, i think i hurt or broke some of the roots. i think i might have stunted their growth x.x but it might be too early to tell.

- i'm not sure the LSD is gonna make it. right now it's only about 4 inches high, and though it seems healthy, it's TINY. i'm not sure i'm gonna keep the LSD plant.

- tent temps are still averaging around 83-87 degrees, night and day. humidity seems ok, hovering evenly around 45 - 50% all the time with the humidifier running 24/7. god damn it must be dry in my mom's house...no wonder her sinuses hurt all the time...anyway, i heard temps over 85 degrees can actually stop the plant from growing, but i've no idea how to cool off the tent any further. i have an intake fan, an exhaust fan, and a humidifier running cold water...not sure what else i can do.

might get better come winter. i can leave the window cracked open and vent the hot air right into the room, where hopefully it will cool (it gets pretty cold around here in winter).

other updates and stuff i could use some help on:

- right now i'm feeding them about 2/3 of a liter of water every other day, 25 ppm of cal-mag, up to 300 ppm with nutres. i'm giving with nutes each feeding. is this not enough/too much water? the plants seem to be responding well, especially the Lemon. i'll typically brew up a big batch of nute-water so all my mom has to do is pour half a bottle one day, the other half the next day or day after, and then i go over there and check everything a couple times a week.

- the Lemon seems very happy with the light about 18" overhead...the LSD doesn't seem to be responding so strongly. i'm worried my light isn't giving wide enough coverage to cover both pots. i wish those damn things were square so i could put them right beside each other x.x but i can't, and i'm concerned one plant will always get less light...if so, i'm thinking about growing just one plant at a time from now on, so it can soak up all the light's rays by itself.

- i've started doing LST, and i "topped" the Lemon plant. it seems to be growing two new top branches (colas?) right beneath where i trimmed...is this a good sign? is that correct?

- could too much light stunt the growth? i could easily switch it from 18/6 to 12/12 if the light is damaging the plants...but they both seem pretty sturdy and are rich green...so idk...

- i don't have any pics right now--didn't have time last time i was over there. i'll be over there this weekend, and i'll snap some pics then.

so, tl;dr version...

- tent is around 83-87 degrees, 40-50% humidity regularly
- cal-magging water to 25 ppm, then adding nutes so the finished water is about 300 ppm, ph'ing water to 5.5 - 6.0
- each plant gets about 2/3 liter of water about every other day, poured in a ring around the plant's base. i never let the topsoil get dry, but i don't leave the soil all wet and swampy either. i'm TERRIFIED of getting those gnats from leaving the soil too wet...my mom will FREAK OUT if she gets a bug infestation in her house x.x
- starting LST with garden twisty-ties (carefully)
- concerned plants are stunted and will be small...LST is about 4, 4.5 inches, Lemon is about 6 - 6.5 inches but getting quite bushy

thanks guys let me know what you think :)

<3 misty

guy on reddit: are you eventually gonna trim that bush
me: NEVAR :Namaste:

It sounds like they're doing okay. Are they just over 2 weeks old now? Pics will certainly help. I wouldn't put autoflowers on 12/12. I've read it can be done if necessary but it'll have a negative impact on your yield. Are they showing any signs of light stress? Bleaching of the leaves, leaves pointing straight up etc? Could be watering too often. You want the pot to be light before you water again. Can't remember if you're in soil or coco though.

Pic of auto uk cheese what you camlook forward to :nerd-with-glasses:

@scrogster beautiful, very nice! :) i'll be happy if my girls turn out half that good...

@VetSmoke85 they're in coco, no signs of bleaching or leaf probs, the LSD plant is small but appears healthy...idk, i just think i might have damaged the root system when i transplanted, and now it'll be forever tiny x.x

i'm gonna give it 2 more weeks. if it hasn't gotten stronger and bushier/taller by then, i'm just gonna pull it and plant another Lemon Potion.

in other news, i complained to the seed company that the plant seems tiny after a few weeks, and whoa, they refunded my entire purchase o_O so i gotta bunch of seeds for free, that made my day.

further suggestions/recommendations appreciated, i'll post pics this weekend, thanks guys ;)

<3 misty

Back
Top Bottom