MGD420 Grow Journal: Jan 2022

The brown spots look like Mg def, but it could be heat/light-related too.

Previous feeding I gave them 0.25g p/l of epsom along with their normal feed. This feed was just plain tap water with a pH of 5.7 - 5.8.

I will feed them again either tonight or tomorrow night.

Plants are on full strength AN feeding schedule.

2ml p/l sensi calmag xtra
4ml p/l micro, grow, bloom
2ml p/l B52
2ml p/l Big Bud

Occasionally I add 2ml p/l of rhino skin but haven't done so in around 2 weeks.

I understand what your saying that you might use more of one thing in veg, more of another in flower but if following AN feed charts it's not the case.
The amount needed between the micro, grow, bloom regardless of what stage the plants are at always stays the same for each part.
If its 1, 2, 3, 4 or 20ml per litre for micro its the same for grow and bloom. Their boosters, sensi calmag etc stays the same throughout the entire grow aswell at 2ml per litre if following their feed chart. It never deviates.
I’m using this same AN line and actually never noticed. I’ve gotten confused that on their website they say add in order of M/G/B throughout entire grow but if you look on each bottle it contradicts itself. The Micro bottle says to add and mix Micro first, then Grow, then Bloom. The Grow bottle says to add Grow first, then Micro, then Bloom. The Bloom bottle is Bloom first, then Grow and have Micro added last? I emailed AN, and was told to use order of M/G/B throughout. Me being me, I’m actually going by bottle not website to see if theirs a difference. So for the seedling stage I did m/g/b, in Veg stage now and doing g/m/b and once in flower I’ll go b/g/m and see how it works? So far my girls are doing great!

I’m using this same AN line and actually the chart says the bloom stage is 4ml per litre through out but the grow stage starts with lower doses 1ml/2ml before you get to 4ml?

Yes it starts of with micro, grow and bloom at 1ml per litre for week 1 then 2ml Week 2 etc.

My plants are in flower so I'm using the full recommended amount 4ml for each part micro, grow and bloom then 2ml for all the other supplements/boosters.

Yes it starts of with micro, grow and bloom at 1ml per litre for week 1 then 2ml Week 2 etc.

My plants are in flower so I'm using the full recommended amount 4ml for each part micro, grow and bloom then 2ml for all the other supplements/boosters.
Sorry edited my post after you responded.

i think you're leaning too hot a bit

What does that work out to in ppm's ?

i have the exact same question ppm / ec
also AN likes to run hot. it can bite you. i always run a f / f / f /w in AN. with a periodic h202 flush. 2 in veg and 1 to 2 in flower. miss them and you pile on a lock.

i'm guessing that could be it. that and too hot period. with phos at the top of a guess.

run an h202 flush and reset nutes after.

wait a good 24hrs before refeeding. they should surge after the h202 flush and before the feed.

Déjà vu, I thought we went through this already ?

I am in ProMix HP but four days of a ppm of 1250 did this >

Betty 26 Dec 2020 web - Copy.jpg

Backed off and all was good !

Cheers

What does that work out to in ppm's ?

Cheers

Off the chart chuckeye.

I was feeding them 3 ml per litre of micro, grow and bloom and was told they were starting to look hungry again so upped it to 4ml per litre.

I get that any other nutrients I've used in the past like canna would burn the shit out the plants but who am I to argue with advanced nutrients reps when they're adamant to follow their feeding chart and claim you don't need to worry about ppm's and that you shouldn't try customize the amount per micro, grow and bloom.

I don't understand and don't claim to understand their whole nutrient line, pH perfect thing or how it works.

I'll back off on the nutrients like I did last time and will wait to see when I'm being told they need more again.

Can't win.

Too hot, not enough. What is it ?

I’m using this same AN line and actually never noticed. I’ve gotten confused that on their website they say add in order of M/G/B throughout entire grow but if you look on each bottle it contradicts itself. The Micro bottle says to add and mix Micro first, then Grow, then Bloom. The Grow bottle says to add Grow first, then Micro, then Bloom. The Bloom bottle is Bloom first, then Grow and have Micro added last? I emailed AN, and was told to use order of M/G/B throughout. Me being me, I’m actually going by bottle not website to see if theirs a difference. So for the seedling stage I did m/g/b, in Veg stage now and doing g/m/b and once in flower I’ll go b/g/m and see how it works? So far my girls are doing great!

The labels on all the bottles I have say to mix micro first then grow and then bloom same as on their website, feeding charts and budlabs app.

I don't know if it would make any difference changing the order but I've been told in the past and recently it needs to be micro, grow then bloom. I'm sure someone who knows the nutrients better could give a reason why.

Here's the label from one of the bottles I have, all the labels are the same.

20220412_065929.jpg

The labels on all the bottles I have say to mix micro first then grow and then bloom same as on their website, feeding charts and budlabs app.

I don't know if it would make any difference changing the order but I've been told in the past and recently it needs to be micro, grow then bloom. I'm sure someone who knows the nutrients better could give a reason why.

Here's the label from one of the bottles I have, all the labels are the same.

20220412_065929.jpg
Crazy as mine change depending on the bottle, my last set did also. Well either way I’ll be testing to see if order makes a difference as my last two grows I did m/g/b throughout entire grows. Check it out if want it’s the GSC 2022 grow in my signature! Your garden looks really nice, cheers!

D97A55C9-D437-44A6-AE70-CE1C828C373A.jpeg

i think you're leaning too hot a bit

I'll lay off the nutrients a bit.
What would you recommend I drop the M,G,B to ?
They were on 3ml previously, you mentioned in a previous post they were looking as if they would be needing a PK ask soon.

i have the exact same question ppm / ec
also AN likes to run hot. it can bite you. i always run a f / f / f /w in AN. with a periodic h202 flush. 2 in veg and 1 to 2 in flower. miss them and you pile on a lock.

I don't check the ppm's now but can tell you they're past the bluelabs truncheon max ec/ppm's of 3.6 - 1800.

They had water early hours yesterday, no nutrients at all. I do the f, f, f, w. Ever since it was mentioned.

I haven't done a h202 flush again, I asked and got mixed responses regarding a flush.

i'm guessing that could be it. that and too hot period. with phos at the top of a guess
run an h202 flush and reset nutes after.

I'll try giving them a h202 flush later tonight. What would I need to mix the h202 at ? Its only 12%. Highest available here in the uk.

wait a good 24hrs before refeeding. they should surge after the h202 flush and before the feed.

Got it. You mentioned last time to fill them completely to the top and leave for a bit then drain ?

Crazy as mine change depending on the bottle, my last set did also. Well either way I’ll be testing to see if order makes a difference as my last two grows I did m/g/b throughout entire grows. Check it out if want it’s the GSC 2022 grow in my signature! Your garden looks really nice, cheers!

D97A55C9-D437-44A6-AE70-CE1C828C373A.jpeg

Could possibly be something to do with whatever country your in. Where its produced, bottled etc. The label I posted seems to be the standard labelling here in the uk. It's maybe different elsewhere but I can clearly see it only mentions mixing that specific nutrient on each bottle and doesn't mention any specific order.
Also noticed yours mentions for herbacious plants including cannabis the uk labels don't.

I'll give your journal a look and follow along.

Thanks again.

Off the chart chuckeye.

who am I to argue with advanced nutrients reps when they're adamant to follow their feeding chart and claim you don't need to worry about ppm's and that you shouldn't try customize the amount per micro, grow and bloom.

I don't understand and don't claim to understand their whole nutrient line, pH perfect thing or how it works.

I'll back off on the nutrients like I did last time and will wait to see when I'm being told they need more again.

Can't win.

Too hot, not enough. What is it ?
LOL, it is well known that a lot of growers have found that 50% of their recommendations is usually enough.

I found 900 - 1000 was lots.

And, adding all their other stuff raises the ppm's to the danger level.

I forget, senior moment. You're in coco ? Flush with ph'ed water and start over with a lower level..

Cheers

LOL, it is well known that a lot of growers have found that 50% of their recommendations is usually enough.

I found 900 - 1000 was lots.

And, adding all their other stuff raises the ppm's to the danger level.

I forget, senior moment. You're in coco ? Flush with ph'ed water and start over with a lower level..

Cheers

When I ran the canna nutrients I used them at a quarter with seedlings and worked up to around half during veg into flower.

I'm not disputing what you've said, I know that a lot of nutrients run hot.

Exactly, I add the cal mag as apparwntly thats needed in coco so that raises ppm's before I've even added anything else. Then I add the base and then boosters like big bud, b52 with them being in flower and ppm's are through the roof.

Yes it's coco I'm growing in.
The plants were fed pH water yesterday early hours with around 25% run off for all 3 plants.
Whenever I give them water I always try for more run off to tey flush out any salts in the coco.

Exactly, I add the cal mag as apparwntly thats needed in coco so that raises ppm's before I've even added anything else. Then I add the base and then boosters like big bud, b52 with them being in flower and ppm's are through the roof.

At that point, dilute the mix down until you hit an acceptable ppm. Your ratio's will still be correct.

I'm not sure if the cal mag is Needed with coco but it is recommended with LED lights. And if you believe AN they say their nutrients have enough cal mag in them ;)
Yes it's coco I'm growing in.
The plants were fed pH water yesterday early hours with around 25% run off for all 3 plants.
Whenever I give them water I always try for more run off to tey flush out any salts in the coco.
That's hardly a flush. But, constantly watering to 25% run off could prevent a future lock out.

You're past that now, flush with 3 x the volume of what you normally water with.

Cheers

At that point, dilute the mix down until you hit an acceptable ppm. Your ratio's will still be correct.

I'm not sure if the cal mag is Needed with coco but it is recommended with LED lights. And if you believe AN they say their nutrients have enough cal mag in them ;)

I recently spoke with a rep from AN and they said cal mag is needed with coco but yet my first grow I never used cal mag at all and never really had any major issues with AN.
A couple at the beginning but that was before I switched from using Canna nutrients to AN.
Not once did i check pH, flush, check ppm's or use anything other than M,G,B and their big bud and B52 and voodoo juice. It was the only reason I decided to use their nutrients again as it was pretty straight forward and had next to no problems the first time around.

That's hardly a flush. But, constantly watering to 25% could prevent a lock out.

I know it's not a proper flush, I do it just to help flush out some of the excess salts that might be there in the coco.

You're past that now, flush with 3 x the volume of what you normally water with.

Cheers

I will do, I'll give the plants a flush later tonight or tomorrow when I have the chance and hopefully things will start to correct themselves.

in hempy an h202 flush is :

plug the hole
fill to top with water
add 2ml / L of 27 - 35% h202. available at any decent grow shop.
let sit 45 min or so before draining.
feed 24 - 48 hrs later.

if you have to use the crappy pharmacy product use the whole 500ml bottle in a 20L pail.

alternately run 3 times the bucket size of water through. the first scenario is better in hempy.

you're running hot. you should periodically check your ec running AN. you should be in the ec range of 1.5 to 1.7 no higher. 750 - 850 ppm on the 500 scale, or 1100 - 1200 ppm on the 700 scale.

if you're running a booster you'll need to pull back on the other three. AN doesn't really chart it out with the boosters. they kind of give you a base suggestion but it's up to you to feel it out. a lot of nute companies are the same.

edit : i don't worry about the order of mixing but you should always start with the calmag.

@steelcurtain22

What are you feeding yours ?
I know you mentioned M,G,B base nutes.

Anything else you feed them, In flower ?

Do you pH or not ?
Do you check ec/ppm's

What's the media your growing in.

Once I have more time I'll be able to read through your journal but following it for now.

Thanks.
I’m in soil pro mix bx, I have the ph perfect advance nutrients, only other thing I use is cal mag. I keep it simple but works. I don’t not check ec/ppm’s no.

I’m in soil pro mix bx, I have the ph perfect advance nutrients, only other thing I use is cal mag. I keep it simple but works. I don’t not check ec/ppm’s no.

keeping an eye on ppm is a bit more important in hempy. a lot will depend on nute choice.

Back
Top Bottom