Mono's Monster - One Plant - 600 Grams

Some pictures a day or so after the defol. Looks like she can have another round in another week or so ;)

image4454.jpeg
image4515.jpeg
image4489.jpeg
image4516.jpeg
Wow, monster. Great job.

800w HPS 1st grow. Millertm's - Girl Scout/Cinex - Grow Journal - 4'x4'x6.8' Tent - 2015

:rofl: ok bud. I see where you were going with it though. It'd be easier to get 400g from a 600w light than it would be to get 400g from a 400w light. Even though it defeats the purpose of 1g/w. That'd be .66g/w. Which is still game in my book.

No, I'm saying it would be easier to get 600g from a 600w than 400g from a 400w. LOL! ;)

I don't think I'm making myself easy to understand. My fault. Let me try this again.

There are many variables to getting massive yields.

- Pot size
- Nutrients
- Environmental factors such as temp and RH
- Training
- Choice of strain
- Light intensity and spectrum.

I'm not saying you can't get 400g from 400w. Just that it might be easier to get to 1g/w with a higher intensity light.

Disclaimer: I've never gotten close to 1g/w, so I'm just shooting off ideas and what seems logical to me.

Anyway, you didn't ask me.

Now that I've wasted everyone's time, let's hear what Mono says. :)

From what I have seen Mono is using a 10gl pot, 600w HPS, coco as a medium, canna line nutes and a few others. Training was topping and I think super cropping (don't hold me accountable if I'm wrong on the super cropping).

My plan is as follows; A 5 gallon pot, 400w hps, coco as my medium, Flora series nutes. So far training has been topping and lst and she is still in veg (day 23).

My grow has changed quite a bit along the way since I got my 420mag account up and running again. I initially planned to do something small but I learned some stuff and went the complete opposite direction.

Hey-0 Mono

I join the chorus of wow and then ask; what are you using for your p-k boost?

Canna PK 13/14, Terra Flores (canna soil nutes) And canna Zyme. One per feed. Two days apart ;)

looking great. those stalks are thick as can be :high-five:

Hey B ;) How's things?

Thanks for the kind words my friend!

From what I have seen Mono is using a 10gl pot, 600w HPS, coco as a medium, canna line nutes and a few others. Training was topping and I think super cropping (don't hold me accountable if I'm wrong on the super cropping).

My plan is as follows; A 5 gallon pot, 400w hps, coco as my medium, Flora series nutes. So far training has been topping and lst and she is still in veg (day 23).

My grow has changed quite a bit along the way since I got my 420mag account up and running again. I initially planned to do something small but I learned some stuff and went the complete opposite direction.

I'm using a 37 litre smart pot. Coco and perlite mix, hand made by Mrs Mono. Top dressed with Canna Terra Soil. I only use canna nutes, plain water all more often though ;)

Only training was topping once, and a week under a net as a potential scrog while in veg. In flower I've defoliated and 'moved' branches. This plant has been a total experiment, She was part of my last grows flowering plants, at first set of true leaves I flipped them to 12/12, I pulled out one Critical Hog due to over crowding. Was going to compost it...

Mrs Mono kept her and now we have a one plant grow lol

Light is the last factor when it comes to improving yield I think so anyway. Currently I'm using a 14 month old bulb and 4 year old magnetic ballast. (been on 12/12 pretty much the whole time) and the only issue is temps much higher. When everything else is dialed in light becomes useful again.

A few people on 420 mag have harvested 400g+ from a 250 watt hps

Thanks Mono. Do you think you'll be hitting your mark? My reason for modeling your gram a what is because I want to grow large plants instead of small and maximize on yield. I was shooting for a gram a watt in order to atleast get near it or atleast learn what to do so eventually I can make it. If you want to hop on over to on my journal and share some tips along the way that would be AWESOME!

Hey mello, I'm no expert but I have been getting .9g/w with t5 bulbs in a sog set up. Admittedly it's a lot more work but with what I have to work with it is the best set up for me right now I believe. I have no doubt that with good techniques and the paitience you an get 1g/w with that 400 hps. I'm trying to tweak mine to increase my yield but it is all doable if u want to put forth the time and effort. I enjoy it so much that I don't mind the extra time that I am forced to spend on my gr in order to run the sog that I am. But I am also jealous of getting to grow monsters like this guy mono lol which is why I have start a little led grow off to the side of my sog table too so that I can try to do some training and learn more about growing bigger plants in bigger pots. Best of luck.

Mono I am amazed to hear u do more watering with plain water than nutes! My next run is going to be an attempt at getting things dialed in to be only water and cal mag all the way through and see what happens. You are an inspiration!

Pop over some time mono mate , and check out my monster she has kicked all the other plants out of my tent, looks like these big girls of ours want to be the only one hahaha .

Hey Mono, looking gd bro..I'm in coco n using canna nutes. Quick couple of Q's, When do I start feeding bloom nutes as I've heard its after the stretch? How often can I use the PK boost & when..Cheers Mono.

Bloody stormy weather all over the UK since Friday, just got the power back on ;) She went 72 hours without any light, another week added onto the flowering time now lol.

shaun since your in coco using canna nutes, I'm guessing your using A and B? They are balanced NPK so really you can use pk boost anytime you want.

Generally I just add it every so often during flowering, just be careful not to over use it. ;)

Pop over some time mono mate , and check out my monster she has kicked all the other plants out of my tent, looks like these big girls of ours want to be the only one hahaha .

Will do matey ;) Haha, your right there. Mine seems to want the bedroom instead of the cupboard under the stairs lmao

Back
Top Bottom