Mono's Monster - One Plant - 600 Grams

Curious to see how those 3 days of dark affected her. I would imagine it would ripen her up a little faster actually.

Curious to see how those 3 days of dark affected her. I would imagine it would ripen her up a little faster actually.

Will be very interesting to see how she comes on too, so long as she doesn't hermie then all is well :):)

Update

Firstly, I pulled my finger out over the weekend and got a new bulb for the 600 watt HPS, very long overdue that's for sure haha. Fluid uptake hasn't slowed down yet, still sitting steady at 10 liters in a 24 hour period. It will be nice to see a difference in growth rates with the new bulb, but I'm not convinced lol.

She is beginning to leaf up a fair bit again so will be looking for another defoliation session in the next 7 - 10 days. Buds are beginning to take on a good structure, and I'm pleased to announce there will be NO popcorn this harvest ;)

Pics

IMG_076143.JPG
IMG_076625.JPG
IMG_076435.JPG

I'm not honestly sure on where grams per watt came from, but i believe it is a reference to SOG methods to which 16 to 20 plants per meter square & on average 600w hps is used from what i understand !

Now of cause it is down to expected yield per strain via genetics some are lower & others are higher in yield, some seed breeders suggest yield per m2 which is a reference to SOG methods but don't tell ya how many plants ?

In theory it suggest 1oz dry weight per plant, 16 plants half a kilo or 1 lb, lower yielding strains 20 plants to make figures meet up, its a simple maths question & ideal conditions to grow in... it can be done !

As for a single plant under lighting it is a tough question to whether you may meet such targets depending on strain & method, but a noble choice to make :thumb:

Bloody stormy weather all over the UK since Friday, just got the power back on ;) She went 72 hours without any light, another week added onto the flowering time now lol.

shaun since your in coco using canna nutes, I'm guessing your using A and B? They are balanced NPK so really you can use pk boost anytime you want.

Generally I just add it every so often during flowering, just be careful not to over use it. ;)

Atvleast we ain't in Cumbria - then you might be under water :S

Those buds are going to be huge, and they have certainly swelled in the last 3 days.

I'm not honestly sure on where grams per watt came from, but i believe it is a reference to SOG methods to which 16 to 20 plants per meter square & on average 600w hps is used from what i understand !

Now of cause it is down to expected yield per strain via genetics some are lower & others are higher in yield, some seed breeders suggest yield per m2 which is a reference to SOG methods but don't tell ya how many plants ?

In theory it suggest 1oz dry weight per plant, 16 plants half a kilo or 1 lb, lower yielding strains 20 plants to make figures meet up, its a simple maths question & ideal conditions to grow in... it can be done !

As for a single plant under lighting it is a tough question to whether you may meet such targets depending on strain & method, but a noble choice to make :thumb:

Thank you for the very informative posts ;)

I have tried for hours to find out the relationship between GPW and overall yield and the intranet seems full of different ideas. Some people say GPW per Month of growing, GPW per bulb, 0. something of GPW per plant lol

:thumb:

Looking fantastic mate! Those 72 hours dark may have really kicked the flowering hormones in,going to be some nice buds there.

Those buds are going to be huge, and they have certainly swelled in the last 3 days.

Thank guys, hopefully that's the case and can be looking closer to the middle of January for harvest date rather than the end of February.

Fingers crossed Mrs Mono has got me some new seeds for Christmas... Itching to get a little sprout in soil ;)

Awesome gift. What did she get you, or do you have to wait until xmas day?

Mj & the internet with a very broad/mixed opinions makes stuff seem confusing which may take a lot of cross referencing to a find clue !

As for SOG + breeders suggestion per strain they all varie but in general i look for strains which suggest 500g per m2 & Dr Krippling (seeds) have some very larger yields which you will find here by a well known sponsor - ! Dr Krippling Seeds - Herbies Seeds i'm pretty sure some of these strains could well hit 1 gpw or not far of it with a trained plant scrog/monster/flux or well topped with 600w plus !

I pick up strains around 500g per m2 most of the time & use a 400w hps which i pretty much do standard bush grows with a little lst most of the time, yup done this with a fair few strains & on average i hit 2 oz / + dry per plant with only 4 plants in a 90cm by 90cm area... about .5 to .7 gpw their or about depending on strain, kind of average in my books.

I've no idea what seeds she has got. Mrs Mono generally picks what strains I grow so I'm sure they will be amazing ;).

Started adding molasses this morning to the feed, along side canna zyme to quickly break down any sugars not used by the plant and convert it to good bacteria within the medium. Slight bit of nute burn on the leave tips so I've pushed the feeding as far as she wants it, a week a of lower dosage then I will hit her hard again for a week before removing as much Nigrogen from the nutrients as possible.

Noticed the temps are approx 2 degrees cooler at the tops of the colas with the new bulb :):). Don't have a light meter so no idea if the lumens have increased or not lol

I will do a proper update this evening ;)

I've no idea what seeds she has got. Mrs Mono generally picks what strains I grow so I'm sure they will be amazing ;).

Started adding molasses this morning to the feed, along side canna zyme to quickly break down any sugars not used by the plant and convert it to good bacteria within the medium. Slight bit of nute burn on the leave tips so I've pushed the feeding as far as she wants it, a week a of lower dosage then I will hit her hard again for a week before removing as much Nigrogen from the nutrients as possible.

Noticed the temps are approx 2 degrees cooler at the tops of the colas with the new bulb :):). Don't have a light meter so no idea if the lumens have increased or not lol

I will do a proper update this evening ;)
Yeah you gotta watch that nigrogen lol mono honest typo I know ,this happens to me constantly on my alleged "smart phone" smart ass phone more like it hahaha, got me hanging for that update now brother

Yeah you gotta watch that nigrogen lol mono honest typo I know ,this happens to me constantly on my alleged "smart phone" smart ass phone more like it hahaha, got me hanging for that update now brother

:rofl::rofl:

Well spotted! I had to read through a couple more times before I seen it. Technology at it's best ;)

Back
Top Bottom