Monster Cropped White Widow - SCROG - Hydro - 2015

I typically take pics every 2 days you will notice change in 2 days plus it get you in there looking around etc... who doesn't love pron?

Well that settles it. I was thinking about "tasting" the fly strip, but not now! :)

:rofl:

Well we have good news! Today all the plants are showing definite signs of being female, no signs of them going hermie yet! All 4 plants have their hairs showing now, no balls!

I will take pics tomorrow after the light comes on and post them. Its been a few days since I last posted pics so they should actually like different now. Stay tuned

ok so I decided to take a closer look up the ladies skirts, and they are a bit farther along in the flower stage than I was thinking earlier tonight. She is already starting to form what I call little bud balls, the beginnings of the actual bud itself with the hairs and pistils coming out of it. I will be changing her nutrient water Wednesday night and be giving her a healthy dose of bloom nutrients.

As I was saying I was in there looking under their skirts and I decided that was news big enough to try and snap some pics. So for your viewing pleasure,

20151012_220130.jpg

20151012_220151.jpg

20151012_220211.jpg

20151012_220241.jpg

20151012_220331.jpg

20151012_220343.jpg

20151012_220457.jpg

20151012_220513.jpg

20151012_220604.jpg

20151012_220616.jpg

I also measured big bertha, so measuring her canopy from left to right, she is 25in across. in diameter, or 63.5cm for you guys on the other measurement scale.

She will be a nice yielder! The other ones shouldn't be too bad either, but she has definitely left the other 3 plants in the dust. Starting to wonder if I should take a 3rd generation of monster cropped clones with her as the donor, or stick to the plan and take a small break and then grow out some different strains for a change, I don't know.

Thank you for that comment RSO, its my hope that one day everyone will realize the benefit of this medicinal herb and stop calling it illegal. There are so many benefits from cannabis that's more than just medicinal, its also a super food, a renewable clean energy resource, and some of the strongest and most durable building and crafting materials on the planet, hemp is a wonderful resource. Now please don't confuse me with a tie die wearing hippy, no offense to anyone that is one, but from a scientific stand point, there are so many things we can use cannabis for, other than just medicinal herb, that's just one of its many purposeful uses.

I agree G00CH, I think now I will be taking and uploading pics every 2 days, but just because I don't upload pics doesn't mean I'm not checking on my grow. I am in that room for atleast 2 hours in there when the lights are on. I go in every hour or so to check on ph, add water, or other additives as needed. Sometimes it takes an hour or so of the lights being on for her to tell me if shes needing anything so that's why I check on them so often. Also if I add anything I also check on it for the next couple hours to make sure things stay in proper ranges. I like watching my plants grow, its tedious but when it comes to my horrible picture taking, taking pics everyday and posting them everyday I wasn't really seeing a difference in the pics unless I went back a few days, So I figured I would just wait a few days to take and upload pics. Now since they are starting to bud, I will be taking daily pics cause it wont be but a few more days until you guys start seeing some explosive growth in the buds. The formula I figured out should accelerate bud growth enzymes within the plant, I just needed to wait for the little buds to start forming, that's why I will be changing the water out on Wednesday.

Sorry for the ramblings, its been a long day, and I got really medicated before posting. My smoking buddy is pissed cause I used my wax and nail tonight so she couldn't have any. I may get a small bowl before bed for the vape and help her out with some too. Thank you all for your generous comments. That's what this community is for, being there for others and being able to lend a hand when needed. Thanks to everyone for all their feedback and support as well.

Thanks JoJo for the DIY on the SCROG, I will definitely be making those for buckets next grow. I was looking for a way to do it for each individual bucket. I will definitely recommend anyone looking on info on how to make them to your post.

That's about it for now I will post more tomorrow, as always, Keep It Green! :thumb:

Sciguys Marijuana Cloning Guide, Tips, and Tricks

Well I decided to write a few guides based on experience, and the first is on cloning. I feel like there are way too many people that give up on cloning due to poor cloning results. That's a really sad thing to see when reading journals. Lets face it, the price of marijuana seeds are getting almost outrageous, plus the cost of the devices used to smoke this wonderful herb. Marijuana period is costly, one of the few things I actually wish is that medical marijuana gets covered under health insurance. I know its gonna be a long time for that to happen if ever.

So I talked about the cost of marijuana, and that it isn't cheap. This is one of the main reasons why many people decide to grow their own medicine. I cant say I blame you its exactly what I did! So hopefully you do some reading on how to grow and the different types of strains and methods of growing. You should already have some sort of grow setup by now and have been vegging your plants. Now before you switch to flower, you will want to have a second grow setup off on the side.

Now were going to talk about the cloning setup, I will use mine for example.

I have a grow cabinet that is 17.5inL x 13inW x 48inH, inside the cabinet are 2 4in computer fans, One is an outtake and one is an intake fan, I have carbon filters with each fan as well. There is a eye hook at the top of the box and a power strip gorilla glued to the top of the box as well to allow access to power. Inside the cabinet I have a 5gallon storage tub with 9 1.5in netpot holes cut in the lid. I also have an airstone in the tub with airline, and the pump is a single outlet pump. And I use a 180watt UFO LED light in the cabinet.

Now that you have your cloner setup, get some rockwool cubes and presoak them in PH5.8 water, with 1/4strength Clonex solution mixture. Wait about 20 minutes and check PH again since it will rise. Now your ready to take clones. Get a razrblade or some scissors and clean them with rubbing alcohol.

Taking clones, is easy, select your healthiest biggest bushiest female plant and go to her lower branches. Now pick a growth node that is around 2.5in long, and cut it at a 45 degree angle at the stem. Make sure to leave the center bud and 2 side branches, then set the stem in some water. Now trim those 2 leafs by cutting the tips of each leaf off and be sure to cut off any other branches. Now take the stem out of the water and with your razorblade or scissors make a very small cut through the bottom of the stem to cause a small split, twist the stem around in your fingers to turn the plants and do it again, making a 4 way split, now take that cutting and press it into the rockwool cube that's been presoaked. Once it is in there nice and firm, put the rockwool in a netpot and place it in the cloner. Once you fill up all the slots in the cloner, Then get something that can be used as a dome, I used a plastic deli meat container, cut some breather holes in it, spray it down and place it over the clones.

Now that you have taken your clones, and they are sitting in the cloner, the solution is done, the dome is humid and over the plants, the pumps on, now you just need to keep them under 18/6 light schedule until they show roots. This process can take several weeks depending on the pheno of your mother plant and if she had any stresses before cloning. Clones will look horrible and pretty dead for awhile. But once they finally get roots coming out the bottom, they will bounce right back to life and take off with some explosive growth.

Some Tips

Remember clones will look like crap before they root, its ok don't give up on them.

Cloning Hormones are not needed, you can clone with just water and your base nutrients, but it does take longer by a week or so to root

Unless the entire plant is brown and yellow give it some time, if theres still a hint of green it still has a chance.

Check on humidity dome multiple times daily and remoisten as needed

Most importantly, everyday feed each cube with 3.5-5ml of the nutrient solution right onto the cube, this help give nutrients to the plants right where they need it, whereas they may not be getting enough nutes wicking up the small drops of solution that are spraying the bottom of the cubes. This can help each plant root faster. I also recommend a root enhancer like RapidStart when cloning, since it helps the roots develop faster it shortens rooting time which allows me to flip to veg sooner.

I know I will probally get yelled at about this one, but you shouldn't put them under 24/0 or 20/4 light cycles, Root development really needs that dark cycle to really produce roots and produce them quickly. We all know what photosynthesis is, the process of turning light into energy for plants, but theres another side to that coin, the actual processes of photosynthesis not only take place while the light is on but it continues into the dark cycle. The dark cycle makes the processes from photosynthesis produce the enzymes needed for root growth.
Basically it boils down to, if you give it light all the time, it can fully process all the light it is receiving and cant turn it all into what it needs to grow, You essentially stunt the growth of the plant making it work overtime to produce roots.

Any other questions please feel free to ask,

I agree with the Zero 24/0 for clones.

Photosynthesis comes at the cost of needing nutrients and transpiring fluids. I think 20/4 is a good regimen

Good job SG!

V

Today I will be heading to the hydro store after the wife gets off from work, I'm wanting to raise the base C02 level in my grow tent. I don't want it around 1500ppm, I am looking to keep it around 700-1000ppm for the next few weeks of flower. At the hydro store they I will either get a C02 generating bucket that I can hang in my tent, or get a bag of EXHALE C02 generator that also hangs in the tent. Prices for them at the store here compared to online are not bad, the bag costs $1 more at the store. I don't mind that kind of a difference especially when I get to get what I pay for right then and there instead of waiting on it to come in the mail. I will be bringing home a C02 meter tomorrow from my lab to accurately measure the amount of C02 in the tent. Ill be able to let people know if these bags or buckets, depending on which one I get, if they really work and what ranges they bring a sealed 4 x 4 tent to.

Considering the base ppm of C02 in the tent is that of the air in the room, around 350ppm, if you could even doulble that you will definitely see a difference in growth and eventually yield. So really even if it brings it up to 400ppm as a base, over the entire flower period, that would increase your overall growth and eventual yield by quite a bit. So if you could double the base ppm to just 700, you can expect overall, a tremendous increase in growth and yield, and possibly even be able to harvest sooner given excellent growth conditions.

Now on to the plan for tonight after I get back from the store. Well first and foremost I will be hanging up whatever C02 generator I got from the hydro store. Then after that I will be changing out the nutrient solution and bucket water again. I will also be cleaning each bucket with a mild bleach solution, rinsing till clean.

The nutrients that will be added to each bucket are:

2 Gallons RO water
10ml of CALMAG
15ml of FLORAMICRO
5ml of FLORAGRO
20ml of FLORABLOOM
5ml of LIQUIDKOOLBLOOM
16ml of SWEET
PH UP or DOWN to get PH at 5.9
25ml of H2O2

After I change out each plants bucket solution I will then reposition the plants under the lights and CO2 generator and open the plant up to expose budding sites. Hopefully after a entire day cycle with the new CO2 generator I will see some significant growth.

I thought I may touch why I am adding the CO2 supplement. Well it works well for veg, but I am wanting to see what a little CO2 during veg, and a lot of CO2 during flower will do in regards to growth and yield. Last night I was thinking about what CO2 does to plants, it makes them produce sugars as well as speeds up their metabolism. Then I got to thinking what flowering cannabis plants do with sugars, and it dawned upon me.

I am hypothesizing that by increasing the CO2 during flower will increase not only the overall growth of the plant but during the bud swelling stages, they will put on considerable more weight and size than growing without the CO2, since the CO2 allows the plant to metabolize faster, it produces more sugars, those sugars play a huge part in bud production as well as potency. I do forsee a issue with heat though, Heat will degrade the THC and make the buds less potent, so I think that will be a juggle, but with using LED lights, that shouldn't be much of an issue. Since CO2 sppeds up the metabolism of the plants, it could also shorten flowering time. This is a side effect I am hoping will happen. Who knows its an experiment.

Now I have read reviews about those bags and the buckets, I have even watched a youtube video of a guy with a 4ft x 4ft tent that hung 2 bags in the tent and had ppms around 1200. He even turned the meter off and had it turn back on and reset to take the ppms again, and it was still over 1200. So tonight I may get 2 bags just to be on the safe side. After all is said and done tonight I will take pics of the plants, and then again a few hours later I will post some pics to see if there is any difference in growth. Since I am using DWC and the massive amount of oxygen my roots get from the AIT ( Air Induction Technology ) Spider, ( my high tech airstone ), my plants should start taking advantage of the CO2 almost immediately. Since CO2 is absorbed at the leaves and increases metabolism, it makes the plant want use more nutrients, which increases its nutrient uptake and oxygen uptake at the roots. With DWC you can truly give the plant everything it needs for CO2 enrichment. With the added energy from the CO2 it also gives the plant more energy to distribute those nutrients, this is what makes the plant grow faster, and bigger. I am truly looking forward to seeing what these girls do.

I ended up making some butter this morning with some left over trim I had, before it was even done in the MB macine, my buddy called me saying he couldn't smoke anymore due to his lungs being in bad shape and if I had any more tincture left that I made, I told him about the butter, and he bought it all before it even hardened. Damn I was wanting double chocolate bud brownies! Atleast now I don't have to pay for the bags :thanks:

I will be trying a few different tactics with the fan, tonight I will be turning it off and only running for 15 minutes every hour. When I do have it on I will try to not have it above 40% to try and keep saturation levels high. Once I get my meter home tomorrow, I will be setting the fan on a constant low speed, and leaving it on all the time.

Well i posed this question on another forum and i was told its a waste of time and money to have anything except a co2 generator and a system to maintain the levels and heat and humidity blah blah blah. So i bough the Exhale bag and i had it in for the better part of 3 weeks but i was having real problems with growth etc.. it looked like it really wanted to grow but just couldn't, so i realized i had a ph problem and once i solved that problem this is the results 10 days later and i think it had a lot to do with the co2 but i don't really know because i don't have a meter.
Here is the before and after
10days-change-mother.jpg

You will notice i even burned her pretty good with the 10 days and the growth after the burn was just as crazy

OK so I got home and the first thing I did was hang the EXHALE bag, I only got one since it says for the size bag I got that it would cover 4ft x 4ft. I used a ratcheting hangar and hung it a couple inches below the lights and a few inches above the plants, so that the CO2 can shower over the plants. I used the ratcheting hangar so I can adjust the bag height above the plants as needed.

I changed the bucket water, and added the nutes I stated above. I then retied some branches down on a few of the plants to allow more bud sites access to light in the center of the plants. Then I took some pics and then sealed up the tent.

Here are the pics I took before sealing it up. I will take more pics in a few hours, I want to let the plants absorb some of the CO2. Since its DWC I should see something within a few hours. I will also be checking on it to keep an eye on the temps since I turned off the fan.

20151014_203141.jpg

20151014_203222.jpg

20151014_203231.jpg

20151014_203241.jpg

20151014_203259.jpg

20151014_203312.jpg

20151014_203318.jpg

20151014_203327.jpg

Great update sciguy, this should prove very interesting.

Another question if I may? If you keep a night vision camera in the flower tent do you think it will give off to much light and make the plants hermie?

I plan on doing this some day to find out, but for now I am just asking around.

Do you think the new security cameras that run 24/7 is still okay?

Actually no I dont. They use different ir diodes for the camera . Those cameras produce a lot of light that we can't see and unfortunately plants use ir light to start their wake up cycle. Think early dawn just as the suns rising, it may be dark outside but there's actually a lot of light we just can't see. However a lot of infrared goggles don't produce the amount of light those cameras do, that's why I haven't had any problems so far. Hope that helps

actually it looks like it tis not installed correctly, you need to remove the yellow plastic wire/hanger, and move it to above the vent hold otherwise nothing will leave the bag like this pic.
exhale4.jpg

Back
Top Bottom