Crop King Seeds - White Cookies Monster

:thumb:Gonna get some fat buds on that monster mother plant! She's a beauty! Clones look great too!

Thanks man! I am going to take some photos with a better camera on the weekend. The buds are really forming nicely now and starting to swell. Not even half way through flowering and she's already exceeded my expectations. I'm proud of this one because it was my first attempt growing from seed!

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

She looks really good. M growing from seed for he first time also. Growing three regular seeds so m hoping for at least one female. Two would be fantastic. If I get two then the most vigorous one will be the mother and the other will go into bloom!! Fingers crossed. M three weeks into veg so am hoping the plants will show sex soon.

Pino's Coco & Perlite - Thunderpaws - First Grow Ever 2017

I shy away from non feminized seeds just because of that reason. Maybe if I was growing on a larger scale and had room to grow a ton of plants, then I would consider it.

But! I believe there is a company that sells a product which can tell you what the plants sex is as soon as it is in veg or even earlier? I don't know the name but I'm sure if you google it you can find it. maybe worth it if the cost isn't too high, shaving a month+ off finding out sex would be quite useful. I'll have a look later and let you know if I find it

She looks really good. M growing from seed for he first time also. Growing three regular seeds so m hoping for at least one female. Two would be fantastic. If I get two then the most vigorous one will be the mother and the other will go into bloom!! Fingers crossed. M three weeks into veg so am hoping the plants will show sex soon.

Found it!

Phylos bio science. They can tell you if your plant is male or female 7-10 days after germinating your plant. All you do is remove the cotyledon leaves and send them into their lab for DNA testing.

420-magazine-mobile1758265160.jpg

Seems worth it to me as opposed to waiting 3 months and finding out you gotta scrap the whole bunch!

Well I been reading and a lot of growers say plants show sex in veg between week three and six. So m at three and a half weeks so m hoping soon. This grow m not in to big of a rush jus tryna learn as much as possible so when I do amp things up m ahead of the game. This is my first grow and jus want to give the plants everything they need to produce good. After I get two female mothers of two strains a friend of mine crossed I think that will be it for me on the reg seeds unless needed. Soon hopefully it will be jus growing clones out. Still gonna look into the product u mention. Thanks!!

Do you think m off by reading three weeks to six weeks plants become sexual mature and show sex. I have read that some people don't even flip til the show they are mature enough to be flipped. Makes the bloom transition easier for the plant instead of force flower. Jus what I been reading. But that's why m growing so I can learn these things first hand!! Thanks for looking. I live all the way on the other coast opposite of Oregon. I wouldn't even know if the sample would make it there with a good enough specimen to test.

Do you think m off by reading three weeks to six weeks plants become sexual mature and show sex. I have read that some people don't even flip til the show they are mature enough to be flipped. Makes the bloom transition easier for the plant instead of force flower. Jus what I been reading. But that's why m growing so I can learn these things first hand!! Thanks for looking. I live all the way on the other coast opposite of Oregon. I wouldn't even know if the sample would make it there with a good enough specimen to test.

I wouldn't be able to answer that question because I have never grown with non fem seeds. As far as I knew most people just veg as long as they need to, flip to flower and then remove the males once they show sex

ok here it is ladies and gentlemen.

Day 27 of flower and she is taking off! Crazy thing happened though, I found my water pump hose not attached to the pump. Must've slipped off, at least 3-4 days without me even knowing. The pot was completely bone dry, but it doesn't seem to have stunted the growth at all! Call me crazy but I honestly feel like the plant just used all available nutrients and I probably just caught it at the right time.

So I ended up flooding the tray AND top fed to make sure the plant was completely saturated again. Might've been a lucky mistake I dunno.. maybe the genetics are just strong in this one, as she was my mother.

I tried taking some better pictures, making sure to show all the beautiful colas! She's still got about 37 days to go

I also attached some pics of my clones plugging away, I supercropped them all instead of doing LST for now, they should recover quickly. I'll post updated pics of before and after a few days.

420-magazine-mobile992313240.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1649295192.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1508744684.jpg

420-magazine-mobile525504133.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1749562442.jpg

420-magazine-mobile389997188.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1123095500.jpg

420-magazine-mobile262192050.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2061308899.jpg

420-magazine-mobile98747315.jpg

420-magazine-mobile568174681.jpg

Clone pics

420-magazine-mobile1159260665.jpg

420-magazine-mobile677841718.jpg

420-magazine-mobile598940373.jpg

420-magazine-mobile82820968.jpg

Day 32 of flower

Tried feeding her 800ppm and I got signs of nute burn, so dialed it back down to 700ppm. It's crazy to see my other strain Death bubba took over 1400ppm with no issues last grow and this one just won't do more than 800 its entire growth cycle. Oh well, it seems like the nutrients are enough. The colas are really starting to bulk up now and still seeing tons of new white pistils growing.

Here are some more pics

420-magazine-mobile190945234.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1242170841.jpg

420-magazine-mobile873431298.jpg

420-magazine-mobile954085312.jpg

420-magazine-mobile856222141.jpg

420-magazine-mobile2046008329.jpg

Looking good kush!! That is one mighty tree!! Really stacking I think she gonna pay u well. All the babies and know a great harvest what else can u ask for. Keep it up glad u caught the pump slip would've been very upsetting to walk in and have a fried momma!!

Thanks pino! This will be the best yield I've had as a grower so far. I've experimented with different number of plants, sizes, mediums and it seems that this grow is really paying off.

I ended up buying a new tote / reservoir (100L or 25 gal) and fully insulated with foil tape. Bought proper tubing (not clear) with some hose clamps to make sure it doesn't fall off again. Now I also have a proper lid with the holes cut for the tubing which now enables me to keep my water fresh longer. Also added 2 airstones to keep it circulated and mixed, even though I didn't see any issues in a flood and drain system when the water was not oxygenated. But I'm sure it will help.

Great stuff ur momma will appreciate it. Yea when I first started I jus mixed my nutes n fed the plants. Then tool some advice and got air stones to keep it oxygenated but didn't see any difference from doing it but must say it was pretty inexpensive to do so wasn't that mad. And it can't hurt so why not. My next run m gonna get my ebb n flow system going. M jus hand watering to waste at the moment.. My very first grow so I guess got intimidated but know that I been watering everyday I see the benefits of the system. I am learning a lot and that's my only go on the first grow. My next grow m gonna step things up. What medium do u use in ur tray pebbles or rock wool cubes? M growing with coco at the moment but heard that's not a good medium for ebb n flow can maximize your feeding with pebbles and cubes.

Great stuff ur momma will appreciate it. Yea when I first started I jus mixed my nutes n fed the plants. Then tool some advice and got air stones to keep it oxygenated but didn't see any difference from doing it but must say it was pretty inexpensive to do so wasn't that mad. And it can't hurt so why not. My next run m gonna get my ebb n flow system going. M jus hand watering to waste at the moment.. My very first grow so I guess got intimidated but know that I been watering everyday I see the benefits of the system. I am learning a lot and that's my only go on the first grow. My next grow m gonna step things up. What medium do u use in ur tray pebbles or rock wool cubes? M growing with coco at the moment but heard that's not a good medium for ebb n flow can maximize your feeding with pebbles and cubes.

Yah the airstones really just help keep the nutes mixed, but for flood and drain purposes I don't think it has a major effect. For DWC and RDWC airstones are a must however.

I actually currently use fabric pots filled with coco, and for my previous grow i actually had plastic pots filled with coco. Both worked quite well but I would stick with fabric pots. If you go that route then you would just need to water the plants once a day or as needed. If using clay pebbles then you would need to irrigate at least 4 times a day, likely 6. Rockwool can hold a ton of water so if you do use just rockwool I would setup a dripper and slowly feed multiple times a day. Otherwise just flood the table everyday or so. It's all about experimentation and seeing what works for you

I'm currently using a 5 gallon smart pot filled with coco and a 6 inch rockwool cube was transplanted in there. I'm flooding once a day at this point and it seems like she doesn't like to be fed more than that, so I just see how she responds and go from there!

Day 43 of flower.

getting close to the final stretch. Couple more weeks and the flush will begin. Really excited to see how much more swell this lady will get during the last 2 weeks of flower. Overall I'm very happy with this CKS white cookies strain.

It's a very sweet citrus kind of smell with a hint of gasoline. I can't wait to smoke this stuff!

420-magazine-mobile1652917074.jpg

420-magazine-mobile509890747.jpg

420-magazine-mobile567169433.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1247303273.jpg

420-magazine-mobile316220051.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1528619647.jpg

420-magazine-mobile336973803.jpg

420-magazine-mobile955422014.jpg

Damn she is looking very very dank!! She is gonna swell up a lot!! Hope my girl gets anywhere close to her!! Man she looks great! Got me drooling!! Good stuff can't wait to see what the yield is on her!!

Thanks pino! rockwool is a hell of a medium. Combined with coco I can't see it getting any better haha. she's still got about 20 days to go so we'll see how much she's got left in her.

Hoping to yield 10+ ounces, at this point it seems very feasible. Fingers crossed!

Seems worth it to me, too. Actually, seems worth it to me to buy feminized seeds in the first place. That's what I've been doing and it works out well. By the time you buy your seeds, germinate them and send of your leaves for testing you could have saved money by buying them feminized in the first place. I don't see why people don't buy feminized seeds in the first place. It seems to be good economic and good growing sense. But who am I to make judgements, eh?

A lot of people don't buy female seeds jus cause the way they are created. I don't use them jus cause m looking for a mother plant and threw my research says it's better to have a mother from a reg seed. No confirmed proof on that though and I have never ordered seeds jus got hybrids from a friend that bred them from reg bought seeds. I haven't heard of no proven results that one seed is better then the other guess it's all preference!!! And in the near future m sure I will b purchasing from seeds! So m not bias in either way jus putting my two cents in but I am with Magnus on getting leaves tested!!

Back
Top Bottom