Mr Teddy Grows Indoors & Out In 2015

:ciao: Everybody. Kali mera.

:welcome: Grizz, Shawnee, tugasonasol and 3M. Good to have you all here.

Still waiting for my summer seeds to arrive, so I germinated my last 4 left over from the last grow and yesterday popped 3 of them with tap roots into pots and into the tent. Still waiting to see if the final Master Kush seed germinates.

Pictures of the babies will be posted when they show their heads.:cheesygrinsmiley:

Have a tip top day. Pip Pip!

:welcome: OMeWan

veni et vidi magna me spes tenet...

...that this will be a spectacular and thoroughly enjoyably show

Dei gratia. :cheesygrinsmiley:

...and if this filthy spring weather ever clears up. We are still mist and rain-bound and therefore the girls are still tent-bound. My seeds have still not arrived. If they are not at the post office on Monday, Mr Teddy will turn into Mr Hyde. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Also, sorry I'm not posting here as frequently as I'd like to. A chap has responsibilities now, y'know. :nomo:

But let us spread only cheer.

:ciao: Playmates.

Here are Blueberry and Master Kush today, about 10 days since breaking ground:

DSC_060318.JPG
DSC_060417.JPG

And because I got bored waiting for all the exciting new strains to arrive, I germinated the remaining four seeds too, Mazars and Master Kush's. Everybody is on their way:

DSC_060514.JPG
DSC_060616.JPG
DSC_060716.JPG

This little M/K has subsequently had a bit of help with her hat:

DSC_060912.JPG

Happy seedlings. Happy Teddy. Happy Daze to you all.

Pip Pip! :love: Mr Teddy

Just couldn't resist the urge, could you? :laughtwo:

Looking like a promising start Mr. Teddy. How many can you grow at one time outdoors?

my sympathies for the delayed package Mr.T, god knows i can relate.

Just couldn't resist the urge, could you? :laughtwo:

Looking like a promising start Mr. Teddy. How many can you grow at one time outdoors?

:thanks: Sweetsue. Well, they were staring at me every time I went to the fridge saying "It's spring. Plant me. Plant me."

How many outside? Well, I'll certainly try one or two in the raised veg bed (the soil's been prepped there for over a year and I'm intrigued to see if the girls will grow as well as the tomatoes and aubergines that go in there) and then really it's about how many large pots I want to buy and how many plants I want to manage. Maybe ten or twelve. I'd most like to try one in the part of the mixed border at the back of the house which gets the most sunshine. Unfortunately, although we're pretty isolated, that's the only spot where the occasional visitor to the tiny chapel that sits behind our house can see the garden. For new readers, here's a little story I've taken from my first journal. This happened in May last year:

Behind our house is a tiny, Orthodox chapel. Stone built in the 1720's, it's used only once a year on the saint's day in early February. The only access to it is a rough path which runs immediately behind the back garden. There's very little traffic: the occasional German hiker and once every month or so a couple of old Greek ladies come up to dust it. Anyway, my plants live out of sight at the front in the mornings and I carry them round the house to the other side for the afternoon and evening sun. Anyway, I always get plenty of loud warnings from the dog if anyone comes near the house.

This afternoon I was on my own, the dog and Mrs Teddy having gone for a swim. I was carrying Star Ryder in her 12 litre pot round the back for her afternoon rest. I had just watered so the pot was pretty heavy. On the path to the chapel was the village priest in full Orthodox garb. He looked extremely hot and was clearly on his way to the little church.

Now he is the Big Man of the village. In both obvious senses. I know him a little. I drive his two boys to school every day. (But that's another long and very off-topic story). You don't mess with him. He doesn't speak a word of English and my Greek is pretty rudimentary. Here's how the conversation went:

Kali spera, Mr Teddy. (Well, obviously he didn't say 'Mr Teddy'. That would really have freaked me out).
Good evening, Papa.
You have a beautiful garden.
Thank you, Papa. (Thinking, don't look at the pot. Don't draw attention to it. It's really heavy).
You have very beautiful coloured flowers.
Thank you, Papa. (Thinking, my arms really hurt. If I put it down I'll draw attention to it. My arms hurt. I've got to put it down. I put it down).
What is that plant?
(Now I've got to lie. To a priest. In Greek).
It is an English tomato, Papa.
Some of its leaves are brown.
Yes, Papa.
You should only grow Greek tomatoes. They are the best.
Yes, Papa. They are. I will. Thank you, Papa.
Yassus, Mr Teddy.
Yassus, Papa.

And with that advice he happily continued on his way.
:circle-of-love:

my sympathies for the delayed package Mr.T, god knows i can relate.

Yes my friend. We share the same delightfully relaxed postal service. :thanks::cheer:

Yes my friend. We share the same delightfully relaxed postal service. :thanks::cheer:

yeah ... they really enjoy their coffee :rofl:

P.S.

LOL that papa story was hilarious :laughtwo:

yes papa thanks papa :rofl:

:ciao: Playmates. And :ciao: brightlight. I hope your light is shining brighter.

I'm sorry that I've been neglectful here. I've been a little busy. But the girls are not too neglected and all are doing moderate-to-splendidly. They are all still tent-bound. Today finally felt like spring. The sun was warm for the first time and the only clouds were white and fluffy. Time to begin hardening off.

Sadly, my seeds have still not arrived. The supplier is sending another pack, so another couple of weeks, with luck and a strong pigeon.

Pictures soon. Promise.

Pip Pip! :love: Mr Teddy

May those seeds wing their way to you in record time Mr Teddy. We're looking forward to watching you work your magic in the Greek sunshine.

oh my god Mr.T, your seeds are still not there?

now i'm scared to order seeds :rofl:

i guess in this country you have to order seeds like a month before you harvest if you want to plant more right away

and even then i'd have my doubts :rofl:

i guess in this country you have to order seeds like a month before you harvest if you want to plant more right away

Or make your own. :cheesygrinsmiley:

That's my plan. But one does need some regular seeds to arrive in order to put it into action. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Back
Top Bottom