Mr Teddy's Greek Indoor Grow - Indicas - Soil - LEDs

I'm not too concerned with flushing, Cronic, for a couple of reasons. Firstly, they have had very little of the organic BioBizz nutes - a little Grow during veg and just two doses of the Bloom and TopMax during flower. Then only at quarter strength. And they didn't take to it well anyway. The last feeding was two or three weeks ago.

Secondly, every time I water it's like the flushing technique that PJ taught me last year. OMM told me to water the airpots by sinking them in a bucket of water for 15 mins or so, letting osmosis do its stuff. After which I gently top water and there is immediate run-off.

So overall they've had minimal added nutrients, what they have had is organic, and every OMM style watering is a PJ style flush.
:circle-of-love:

PeeJay had one of my favorite journal styles. I learned so much reading his posts.

So I get off the train dressed in my full length gray and maroon wizard coat and top hat, walk up to a big ass black jeep with rainbow peace signs, Grateful Dead sugar skulls and dancing bears. I reach into the back of the jeep grab my pole loppers and some plastic bags. Balancing on the wires of a barbed wire fence, 4 feet from the parking lot, I snip the branches, bag the nest, Chuck the loppers in the jeep and we are gone in 60 seconds.

Great photo, great story. :rofl: Peter Jackson re-makes 'Heat'. :laughtwo: :circle-of-love:

PeeJay had one of my favorite journal styles. I learned so much reading his posts.

Yes, I miss him and his work, Sue. His soil mix started so many of us here - and probably many more who lurk - on our 'look after the soil and the soil will look after the plants' paths. I see he's still being quoted in Dennise's journal just today. One of the gentle giants. Last year he stopped me killing my first grow with nutes. "One night the PJ saved my life" :cheesygrinsmiley: God bless you, PeeJay.

Teddy, I've been sharing this thread that constructively looks at flushing as a Bud-Myth

A critical look at preharvest flushing

Unless your plants are burned with nutes there's no point. Like you said, yours haven't been getting much so what the heck is the point.

Thanks, CC. Yes, I read this last year researching my first grow. Makes sense to me. But. as Cronic wisely says, "Whatever works". As with so much in gardening, it seems to me that there are few hard-and-fast rules about growing. (Don't over-water or feed seedlings is the only one that seems universally true). It's what makes following all these different journals so fascinating.

BLUEBERRY'S BEAUTIFUL BUDS

Good evening from Greece, Playmates. :ciao:

I hope everything is top of the shop with you all. Although I obviously know that Graytail and CareStaker have very considerable problems. Where to put all the new goodies they are receiving from their recent annual contest wins. My heart goes out to you, Gentlemen. Their homes will be easy to spot. Every window will have an LED glow coming from it.

:bravo:, chaps.

Well, due to one thing and another - bit of teaching, bit of writing, bit of outdoor gardening, bit of a walk or two on the beach, bit of painting (nothing too artistic, just the back of the house) - I haven't harvested anyone yet. But I had to find the time to water today and Blueberry's bud babies are beautiful. That's the tell. Here's the show:

DSC_059616.JPG
DSC_059719.JPG
DSC_059418.JPG
DSC_059019.JPG
DSC_059222.JPG
DSC_059321.JPG
DSC_058719.JPG
DSC_058922.JPG

Hope you like the new springtime Teddy avatar. I've seen enough snow for a while.

Pip Pip! :love: Mr Teddy x

McD's

Blueberry be bodacious! :circle-of-love:

I particularly like those chevron peaks - yummy. I can feel the future crunch and snap of breaking it off to load a pipe, all gritty and aromatic. Mmmm-mph!

She's a beautiful, bountiful bundle of buds! :thumb:

Lovely looking plant Mr.T :circle-of-love: it's so yummy i could just eat it up

the new Little Teddy avatar looks so good aswell :love: give him a "whos a good boy" from me with much love :grinjoint:

Such a seasonal guy, Mr. Teddy, in changing your avatar. Excellent, clear, and close up photos....I am working on my own photo skills, which are just terrible. Do you use a cell phone or a camera, do you pull them out of the grow room or not......looks like natural lighting...your close up frosty shots are so still.....please share some of your photographic secrets......

What an exquisite plant Mr. Teddy. The dark tones of the leaves takes my breath away. I'm looking forward to growing Dark Devil this next run. Something a little dramatic. I have this list growing of plants I've admired - Doc's Lemon Paki, Greytail's Destroyer (those branches!) and this lovely specimen of yours are at the top of my list of someday-in-the-future desired grows.

Ahh, that's the stuff, she's beautiful. I'm assuming it's choppers for her now,..or very soon :popcorn: Olive oil works for your fingers if you don't have anything else ;)

Every happy home has some light peaking out of the windows ;) and some herbs in the jar.
What a great place this is to do such a thing.

Liking Spring Teddy! :circle-of-love:
Congrats Mr. Teddy!

I just love re-quoting your lovely comments.....:cheesygrinsmiley:

Blueberry be bodacious! :circle-of-love:

I particularly like those chevron peaks - yummy. I can feel the future crunch and snap of breaking it off to load a pipe, all gritty and aromatic. Mmmm-mph!

She's a beautiful, bountiful bundle of buds! :thumb:

:love:

Delicious!!!! :drool:

Lovely looking plant Mr.T :circle-of-love: it's so yummy i could just eat it up

the new Little Teddy avatar looks so good aswell :love: give him a "whos a good boy" from me with much love :grinjoint:

She is an absolute beauty. So stunning. Bravo Mr. T... Bravo indeed.

You will receive a just reward for your hard work! :cheesygrinsmiley:

:thanks: everyone. :circle-of-love:

It was exactly a year ago that I was first lurkin' an' researchin' on 420Mag before my first attempt at outdoors. I recall seeing bud shots and thinking "I can't really see how I'm going to get something like that. They're so...exotic." And here we are.:;):

One day, 420brother, I think Teddy is going to turn to me and say "Look. I just don't know. Who IS this good boy?" :cheesygrinsmiley:

Such a seasonal guy, Mr. Teddy, in changing your avatar. Excellent, clear, and close up photos....I am working on my own photo skills, which are just terrible. Do you use a cell phone or a camera, do you pull them out of the grow room or not......looks like natural lighting...your close up frosty shots are so still.....please share some of your photographic secrets......

:ciao: Shawnee. No smart-phones round here. I'm an old fart. I use a telephone for speaking and a camera for photographs. :cheesygrinsmiley: Actually, it's Mrs Teddy's camera. She's the one with the eye. No secrets, but it helps it's a nice Nikon digital SLR with good Nikon lenses. I use it with a fixed 50mm lens. A macro would be nice one day. I usually snap them in natural light on their way to the bathroom for watering, sometimes with flash which brings out the frost; when I use flash I adjust the white balance to give more natural colours. No Photoshopping involved apart from to fix the picture orientation, stopping the portraits going landscape at upload. My Apple laptop is ancient and, rather like me, can only do one thing at a time, so it takes ages with these fairly big files. I just enjoy some popcorn that I take at watering while I'm waiting and think about what I'll write. ;)

What an exquisite plant Mr. Teddy. The dark tones of the leaves takes my breath away. I'm looking forward to growing Dark Devil this next run. Something a little dramatic. I have this list growing of plants I've admired - Doc's Lemon Paki, Greytail's Destroyer (those branches!) and this lovely specimen of yours are at the top of my list of someday-in-the-future desired grows.

:cheer: Sweetsue. Your thread is absolutely cracking. Great people and fabulous soil talk. :thanks:

Yes, my thoughts are turning to the next order too. I was looking at Herbies yesterday. I've been crazy, ordering from Dutch Passion, because they don't give free seeds. I've still got 2 more Blueberrys, Mazars and Master Kushs, but I'm with you about Graytail's Destroyer and I'd like some sativas for outside to grow across the season. Frisian Dew is a definite again - she was beautiful last year. Any other sativa recommendations will be gladly received.

I was going to get a veg tent and accessories but money's a bit tight - a company that owes me a fair bit for work I did has gone into receivership, so I won't see a penny. So now I'm thinking how to most effectively use outdoors and the tent together to get a bit of perpetual action going across spring and summer. :hmmmm:

Hmmm, now that's not going to put me off Blueberry one bit is it? Mumble grumble, I don't know, some people just... :winkyface:
:goof:
:laughtwo::laughtwo::laughtwo:
:surf:

Ahh, that's the stuff, she's beautiful. I'm assuming it's choppers for her now,..or very soon :popcorn: Olive oil works for your fingers if you don't have anything else ;)

Every happy home has some light peaking out of the windows ;) and some herbs in the jar.
What a great place this is to do such a thing.

Liking Spring Teddy! :circle-of-love:
Congrats Mr. Teddy!
:thanks: CareStaker. Good olive oil tip. Plenty of that round here. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Yes, Blueberry will be down any day now. Call me eccentric, but I'm really looking forward to seeing what the roots are like in these airpots. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I think Teddy is going to turn to me and say "Look. I just don't know. Who IS this good boy?" :cheesygrinsmiley:

hahahah i laughed more than i should have on this one :laughtwo:

then i found this pic, it kinda looks like lil teddy :rofl:

nS87LUJ.jpg

Back
Top Bottom