MrMysfyt's First Budmaster II 1200XG LED Critical Kush Soil 5'x5' Tent Journal - 2014

Re: MrMysfyt's First Budmaster II 1200XG LED Critical Kush Soil 5'x5' Tent Journal -

Seeds+52 days:

Things are starting to move a bit more quickly now. All plants have been topped three times and have started feeding with Hydrotops Solo Grow nutrient solution at 1/2 strength.

As things were at the start of day 52 from seed:

P1000469_Large_.JPG

Plant after pegging down for final time with 9" tent pegs:

P1000472_Large_.JPG

Hydrotops Solo Grow and Solo Bloom nutrients being used for this grow:

P1000477_Large_.JPG

All plants after final pegging down:

P1000474_Large_.JPG

Looking forward to one last water and Christmas now :)

looking bad ass buddy. this garden that you have created is going to make you a happy man very soon. happydays

Re: MrMysfyt's First Budmaster II 1200XG LED Critical Kush Soil 5'x5' Tent Journal -

Thanks STOP... have you any thoughts as to how long to veg them now until they are ready to begin flowering? I initially thought another month, but think they may be a bit too crowded by then at the current rate of growth. Any advice on defoliating would be welcome too.

i go on height my self buddy. light penetration is always a issue for growers . so what i do is get them to a height i like. ie 2 feet and then i flip them. so i end up with 3 feet plants.2 feet wide and nugs all the way from bottom to the top.if you take a look at my journal. i defol about 25 days in to flower ,after the stretch is over.then i take all the bottom crap off. i then wait until day 50 in flower before i defol any dead leaves and any large leaves that are covering my bud points.
35_days_in_flower_009.JPG
35_days_in_flower_008.JPG
35_days_in_flower_010.JPG

Thanks again STOP. I'll just keep things ticking along for the moment and see how things look when they get to around 12-14". I may have been a bit over-ambitious with 9 plants this time around, but I can always chop some or just flower a bit earlier than originally intended.... Merry Christmas and happy Hogmanay :)

Seeds+57 days:

I guess new growers have to start somewhere and get it wrong most of the time to begin with. I didn't appreciate that nine plants would grow so rapidly and should have done more reading and stuck to a few less. Anyway, not to be defeated, have decided to keep all of them and put them into flower now at around 10" tall (with 8 tops each) in the hope they don't turn into uncontrollable monsters during stretch...

P1000480_Large_.JPG

Will know for next time that less is definitely more.

Looking really awesome my man, that light is a monster!!! Very jelly of it :)

Anyways, I think you made the right decision flipping your ladies at 10 inches. They could easily double in size during stretch, especially with such a powerful light! I can't wait to see these ladies growth within the next two weeks!

Your grow is very aesthetically pleasing and organized, your plants are healthy, and your open to advice... You're doing a great job! I myself am rather new here, and you are very right when you say that it takes a while for new growers to get recognized. As long as you are avidly posting in other peoples journals, offering advice or praise to them, the same will happen to you :)

Cheers friend, keep up the good work!

P.S. Make sure your current journal is in your Signature and that it says (current)... That way when you post on other threads people can easily find your most recent!

@STOP You're awesome for all of the help you have offered in this journal, it's because of growers like you that this community keeps getting new members. +reps my friend, you deserve them.

Thanks for the constructive advice MaxYields, I really appreciate it. It seems to be catch 22 with being new... not much to offer on the advice front at first, being a new grower, but will obviously offer more praise in future :)

Thanks for the constructive advice MaxYields, I really appreciate it. It seems to be catch 22 with being new... not much to offer on the advice front at first, being a new grower, but will obviously offer more praise in future :)

My pleasure! You're right about it being a catch 22 haha, however luckily enough for you, you already have an entire grow and journal under your belt. So at least you can offer advice based on your experiences, besides you're friendly and that goes a long way here :) I am sure this Journal will pick up speed and followers, you can be sure I'm along for the ride.

My pleasure! You're right about it being a catch 22 haha, however luckily enough for you, you already have an entire grow and journal under your belt. So at least you can offer advice based on your experiences, besides you're friendly and that goes a long way here :) I am sure this Journal will pick up speed and followers, you can be sure I'm along for the ride.

Not sure about an entire grow journal just yet, I'm officially half-way through the first one today if getting through the veg period counts :)

Oh!!! My mistake, I thought the journal in your sig was a previous journal, not this one :)

I might have been high haha

Hi man, I was wondering if you could check out my grow and leave some advice about topping, I am newbie learning the basics about cannabis growing an I would be grateful. Thanks, and keep up the good work!

Hi Tomula, your first grow looks to be coming along well and I'm subbed. It seems you have topped your plant already, but there are numerous tutorials on here that can explain the science and complexities of topping far better than I ever could. Keep up the good work :)

Hey MrMysfyt...
...this journal is great man.....very organized and easy to follow.
...being a 1st time grower and new member i can learn from this journal for sure....
Your pictures of how you topped your plants alone were enough to teach me how to do it and how it works(i think lol)....i had no idea you could do that....
....that is pretty amazing....

if i'm getting this right, you topped your plants 8 times each.......so this mean basically you will have 8 main stems with 8 main colas on each plant????.....
...im not 100% sure how it works, but it looks like a way to get more light to more sections of the plants while gaining more main stems in the process....???

Anyway great journal......im subbed and cant wait to see the progress!!....if you have time check my journal out (its in my signature) Thx!

if i'm getting this right, you topped your plants 8 times each.......so this mean basically you will have 8 main stems with 8 main colas on each plant????.....
...im not 100% sure how it works, but it looks like a way to get more light to more sections of the plants while gaining more main stems in the process....???

Anyway great journal......im subbed and cant wait to see the progress!!....if you have time check my journal out (its in my signature) Thx!

Thanks for the compliments, much appreciated and I have left a comment on your grow about the leaves.

I have actually topped each plant three times (not eight) to gain eight tops. The first topping resulted in two new stems, the second in four and the third topping in eight. If you search on Google for 'Nugbuckets main-lining', there are some excellent tutorials with step-by-step pictures for you to follow... good luck :)

Thanks for the compliments, much appreciated and I have left a comment on your grow about the leaves.

I have actually topped each plant three times (not eight) to gain eight tops. The first topping resulted in two new stems, the second in four and the third topping in eight. If you search on Google for 'Nugbuckets main-lining', there are some excellent tutorials with step-by-step pictures for you to follow... good luck :)

Is this method worth doing on Auto-flower plants?

I don't really know anything about auto-flowering varieties, but I wouldn't have thought so because it temporarily slows down growth and you should be aiming for as much growth as possible in the limited time before flowering.

Back
Top Bottom