MrMysfyt's First Budmaster II 1200XG LED Critical Kush Soil 5'x5' Tent Journal - 2014

Re: MrMysfyt's First Budmaster II 1200XG LED Critical Kush Soil 5'x5' Tent Journal -

Seeds+60 days (4 days into 12/12):

Everything is ticking along nicely. All nine plants have grown from around 10" to 13" in just four days since switching to 12/12:

P1000483_Large_.JPG

Stems are thickening up rapidly:

P1000485_Large_.JPG

Nice even canopy:

P1000482_Large_.JPG

Picture from above:

P1000490_Large_.JPG

Panoramic shot of plants under the Budmaster II 1200 G.O.D. light (not quite stitched correctly):

Pano_Large_.jpg

Forgot to mention this stuff I have had great success with on the vegetables outside, so have decided to add into the feeding routine for some beneficial microbes:

P1000492_Large_.JPG

Now patiently waiting for the flowers to start showing.... :)

Re: MrMysfyt's First Budmaster II 1200XG LED Critical Kush Soil 5'x5' Tent Journal -

Looking really good :goodjob:

@ Dr Jay
Don't do anything on Autos.

Autos has a given time schedule and anything you do stop them for 2-5 days growing.

On Photo you just can add that time before you flip them, Autos don't care they flip anyway.

Only if they go to big you top to stop growing, but that only happens to special Auto-strains like
Heavyweight Seeds-strains.

Forgot to mention that most LED grows need some Cal-Mag at some time.

Your´s still look fine but if you see some to light green or yellow or rusty spots you know what is missing.

Looking really good :goodjob:

@ Dr Jay
Don't do anything on Autos.

Autos has a given time schedule and anything you do stop them for 2-5 days growing.

On Photo you just can add that time before you flip them, Autos don't care they flip anyway.

Only if they go to big you top to stop growing, but that only happens to special Auto-strains like
Heavyweight Seeds-strains.

Hey thanks for the advice man......thanks to everyone for their input....you been so helpful to me!!!!

Mr Mysfyts i hope this grow continues looking as good as it is for.....your pics are amazing and your light source is pretty slick too..
...im just as excited to see your end results as i for my own end results lol.....my next grow ive decided my going to go with photo period plants and throw 3 or 4 autos in on the side......

Thanks again everyone!!

Forgot to mention that most LED grows need some Cal-Mag at some time.

Your´s still look fine but if you see some to light green or yellow or rusty spots you know what is missing.

Thanks for that information Darkgrow, very handy to know. Is it recommended that LED growers give Cal-Mag as a preventative measure before symptoms occur or just be on the lookout?

All I can say is that most need some more Cal-Mag following several LED - Journals her and I need some too.

I just give 5-8ml/gal every 2. watering this time as I noticed some need in my previous two grows with LED but different strains.
But I also use 75% R/O water.

Thanks for that Darkgrow, I did a little reading about the Cal-Mag after you mentioned it. It seems there are two lines of thinking; one that plants growing under LED somehow use different micro-nutrients and the other is that people using RO are deficient in these nutrients to start with. Myself, I'll keep an open mind and a careful watch for any deficiencies before adding anything else into the mix just yet. I always feel a bit hesitant to add something else into the mix when everything still looks so healthy. Thanks for the heads up.

Dude. Your canopy and light...I'm drooling. Really clean grow. You seem to be a pro at training your plants. Mine is like an out of control afro! I'm gonna bookmark this and use it for reference on my next attempt.

Hi Mr as I saw your post on Doc´s journal I want to clear things more up.

If you want more advice about Cal-Mag you should not ask in High Brix journals as all is said there is only if you use that HB kit with Promix.

Look or ask In KingJohnC or CO Finest journals for example they are very experienced with LED and soil or most other stuff you could grow in.

HB is very interesting and if I can find something to replace that Promix I will try it for sure. (it is not available in EU)
That new drench they actual talking about is special for plants that need more salty stuff to grow plants that would need some Mag.
But Cal-Mag would work against that normal HB kit.

I would just wait if your strain need it and still know where to get if that is the case.
Still quite sure you will need some with that Light.

Thanks for the extra information Darkgrow - you're right, HB does sound very interesting and I've got some Cal-Mag on standby just in case it's needed.

Seeds+72 days (12 days into 12/12):

So far, stretch hasn't been too bad with around 11" extra growth so far, making each plant very stocky and compact. Watering with full recommended strength of nutrients every other watering. No signs at present of any deficiencies in any of the nine plants:

P1000494_Large_.JPG

Temperatures and humidity still remaining fairly constant despite winter temperatures outside:

P1000498_Large_.JPG

Canopy remaining fairly even, with just one plant in the middle slightly smaller than the rest. I am rotating the plants every couple of days, so this is not down to the intensity of the LED light:

P1000496_Large_.JPG

Buds slowly but surely beginning to form:

P1000499_Large_.JPG

That is a beautiful canopy..... Cannot wait to see the buds these pretty ladies produce, real quality grow MrMysfyt!

Keep it up!

Seeds+76 days (16 days into 12/12):

Shot of canopy with the LEDs off. Everything is a lot darker green than appears in the pictures - must get around to looking at the right way of taking shots in low light for correct colour balance. Some of the stems are now starting to grow faster and protrude, with the tallest around 25":

P1000500_Large_1.JPG

After a little supercropping and bending of the taller stems to try and maintain an even canopy:

P1000504_Large_1.JPG

Buds continuing to slowly develop:

P1000503_Large_1.JPG

Onwards and upwards.... :)

How are you watering those girls and how are you going about the excess water once you do water them since its so crowded in your tent!? What are you going to do when its time to flush with a lot of water for each plant? Curious as to how full your tent is and this was always a pain on my past grows!! Looks amazing though!
:goodjob:

Thanks for your comments HunterNitro, appreciated :)

Good question... There are nine plants in the tent, each in a 25 litre pot stood on a saucer. I have been a keen outside/greenhouse grower, so already have knowledge of top watering and keeping things simple, like myself really. Tap water here is soft, so I am using it straight from the tap and adding nutrients to a 10 litre watering can, then decanting into a smaller watering can in order to reach underneath avoiding spilling on the foliage. I only water when the top couple of inches of soil feels reasonably dry, watering slowly and evenly until a small trickle emerges from the bottom of the pot. Every couple of weeks I remove the pots from the tent, place them in a large tub raised off the bottom with a brick and plain water for approximately 20% run-off, to dissolve any accumulated salts, then replace back in the tent... nothing special really. The soil environment is a really good pH buffer and very forgiving so long as nutrients are not over-applied. I don't bother checking pH or EC unless something appears to be going wrong and plants will usually tell you how they feel by appearance.

I'm awaiting delivery of tomato support rings to make moving the plants easier once they put on some bud weight to avoid any damage.

Thanks for the detailed reply! I was just curious as my past grows, watering and flushing has always been a pain. Now with my current LSD grow i have a huge plastic tote the ones you put under your bed with at least 6 inch walls that my plant is in. I can flush 20 gallons through her and not worry about it and just take my pump and pump the water right out. On my last grow I used a larger saucer under each of my plants and i tell you i hated it... After about 2 gallons of water and trying to run the pump while i water was a disaster. Never again... I am never able to move my plants usually once they are in flower. They either get to big or they are in a scrog so i was wondering your plan.

You tent is so full you are going to have buds everywhere!!! I hope the rings work out for you!

Back
Top Bottom