MrMysfyt's First Budmaster II 1200XG LED Critical Kush Soil 5'x5' Tent Journal - 2014

Re: MrMysfyt's First Budmaster II 1200XG LED Critical Kush Soil 5'x5' Tent Journal -

Hey My friend :)
Bud backbuilding can be done at any point in flower to differing results. I personally go at around half way through flower, well just after. You could do it earlier or later :)

Thank you, I had been considering giving it a go, but you've now made up my mind to try it this afternoon :)

Re: MrMysfyt's First Budmaster II 1200XG LED Critical Kush Soil 5'x5' Tent Journal -

Hey My friend :)
Bud backbuilding can be done at any point in flower to differing results. I personally go at around half way through flower, well just after. You could do it earlier or later :)

I just saw the article on backbuilding and was like damn, just when you think you've seen it all. I will be trying this on my girl thats about to head into flower.

I will be watching MrMysfit's buds to see how they react to backbuilding too. Amazing what people come up with.

Backbuilding is a very old process to be honest. Its just a little trick that has been passed down from grower to grower but rarely spoken about or shared openly. My old grower pal who was on an industrial scale taught me and I thought it only fitting to share such a simple little trick with everyone! :) I didn't think my little quick guide would ever amount to much lol, yet it seems quite popular and has so many other members positive results on show! :)

Seeds+105 days (45 days into 12/12):

Buds are continuing to grow more rapidly, now with a scattering of brown pistils:

P1000520_Large_.JPG

Bud shot, showing the beginnings of a frosty covering and top missing pistils where I decided to have a go at bud back-building, with thanks to Light Addict for his advice and information:

P1000521_Large_.JPG

One more boring bud shot (although it's exciting for me to see!) again with the top few pistols missing:

P1000523_Large_.JPG

One problem I may have experienced.... went out to check on the girls two days ago in the dark period. There is a small CFL in the tent just that I use to temporarily see when the lights are off, so turned this on knowing the main lights would come on any minute. Anyway, the main lights came on and I left the tent and returned the day after. When I shut the tent again, something told me I had just turned the CFL out, meaning it had been left on throughout a dark period....I can't be 100% certain, because I was tired and not concentrating, but it's got me worried now...argghhh!

Does anyone know what effect accidentally leaving on a low-powered CFL over one 12-hour dark period would have please?

They look great but thats scary shit that you may have left your light on during their dark period. How much light is needed to stress them into hermies? Hopefully one night wont be bad. How do outdoor plants cope with full moons?

They look great but thats scary shit that you may have left your light on during their dark period. How much light is needed to stress them into hermies? Hopefully one night wont be bad. How do outdoor plants cope with full moons?

I dunno the answer to your question, but was hoping someone with a little more experience may be able to shed some light on the matter... a boom tish! :)

Hi MM,

In my experience, I've done exactly what you did at least a few times. I wouldn't worry about it at all. 1 time a had about 6 seeds from female pollen sacks.

Just keep an eye out for male parts and you'll be golden. If you see any, pick them off.

I seriously doubt you did any harm to your ladies, but keep an eye out just to be safe :thumb:

Hi MM,

In my experience, I've done exactly what you did at least a few times. I wouldn't worry about it at all. 1 time a had about 6 seeds from female pollen sacks.

Just keep an eye out for male parts and you'll be golden. If you see any, pick them off.

I seriously doubt you did any harm to your ladies, but keep an eye out just to be safe :thumb:

That's good to know and thanks drcannabi. It's nerve-racking enough getting to the end of your first grow, without cocking things up by being complacent :)

Hi MM,

Is it normal for plants to produce a couple male parts while flowering if they have been stressed? One of my current flowering ladies popped a few little pollen sacs and I just ripped them off when I saw them, needless to say I was worried she was going to go full Hermie... Haven't seen a new one in about 2 weeks?

Just wondering if that's normal, they have definitely gone through a couple stressful periods of their life cycle.

Thanks for the help Drcannabi! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Hi Max,

I've seen stressed out plants that never grew male parts, and I've seen perfect plants under optimal conditions that did show make parts.

It's as much genetics as it is environment. A buddy keeps an old diesel cut that grows canna balls every time. His conditions are optional but yet this plant always shows male parts.

To him it's with it. I'd kill that plant myself but he loves the smoke so he just picks the balls as they show up.

So, I'd say yes and no.

But a true hermie (not caused by stress) is a site to see it had full on female and male flowers. These are rare but are natural in occurrence. If you experience a real hermaphrodite, kill it asap! After snapping some pictures if course.

I've experienced more female pollen sacks caused by stress than I have real male parts (nanners and balls). :) :Namaste:

Hi Max,

I've seen stressed out plants that never grew male parts, and I've seen perfect plants under optimal conditions that did show make parts.

It's as much genetics as it is environment. A buddy keeps an old diesel cut that grows canna balls every time. His conditions are optional but yet this plant always shows male parts.

To him it's with it. I'd kill that plant myself but he loves the smoke so he just picks the balls as they show up.

So, I'd say yes and no.

But a true hermie (not caused by stress) is a site to see it had full on female and male flowers. These are rare but are natural in occurrence. If you experience a real hermaphrodite, kill it asap! After snapping some pictures if course.

I've experienced more female pollen sacks caused by stress than I have real male parts (nanners and balls). :) :Namaste:

Definitely... Thank you very much for the quick response! That definitely helps ease my mind, my ladies definitely went trough some stressful situations however I never thought any of those said times would cause enough stress to hermie any of my ladies. I took three clones of the warlock, because other than te female pollen sacks she has BEAUTIFUL genetics, and I will be keeping one as a mother for now. I guess I will see if it was genetics or stress in a few months.

In your experience, could low ligt penetration lead to female pollen sacks? All of the ones I found were under my Trellis, and the canopy is extremely thick so I would warrant little to no light makes it down below..

I've heard low light is stressful to mmj plants. But I've never seen it personally (or maybe I have but didn't connect it at the time).

mostly I've seen light leeks and too high of temperatures cause that.

Seeds+112 days (52 days into 12/12):

Reportedly being a 50-day strain, I was expecting the plants to have started turning more yellowish by now, but the leaves are still a dark green, albeit a little lighter than previously:

P1000538_Large_.JPG

Here's one of the nine plants, lifted out to inspect the trichomes:

P1000537_Large_.JPG
P1000536_Large_.JPG

Bud shot:

P1000535_Large_.JPG

Bathing under the G.O.D. pinkness:

P1000539_Large_.JPG

The plants still didn't look near finished, but after checking I was really surprised to see the trichomes now mainly cloudy:

rsz_a009_-_20150217_130852.jpg
rsz_a007_-_20150217_130420.jpg
rsz_a006_-_20150217_130231.jpg
rsz_1a008_-_20150217_130645.jpg

As soon as 25%+ of the trichomes turn amber, I'll be ready to harvest..... :)

Thanks for the compliments L.A.... I've impressed myself too in all honesty, but it's probably mostly down to the Budmaster light. I still can't believe that it's hung almost four feet from the top of the canopy and still producing such large buds over the entire 5' x 5' area. I've got to say, I was sceptical at first, but the results for a first timer seem to show otherwise. I've not bothered checking either the EC or pH all through this grow and there are loads of other modifications I want to try next time :)

Do the buds continue fattening up even at this late stage and between the trichomes turning from cloudy to amber?

Some do some don't depend on the strain.

Bit these look like they need some more time with that white upstanding hairs.
And you still got no amber.

What you could do is take one bud now and compare it later.

Some do some don't depend on the strain.

Bit these look like they need some more time with that white upstanding hairs.
And you still got no amber.

What you could do is take one bud now and compare it later.

Thanks Darkgrow... I'm using this grow for edibles and tincture in an effort to control pain and insomnia, so will just be patient until they turn amber in an effort to get the desired effect :)

Back
Top Bottom