MrMysfyt's First Budmaster II 1200XG LED Critical Kush Soil 5'x5' Tent Journal - 2014

Re: MrMysfyt's First Budmaster II 1200XG LED Critical Kush Soil 5'x5' Tent Journal -

Seeds+119 days (59 days into 12/12):

Just as I mentioned not needing tomato rings, some of the stems have become so heavily populated that they've folded completely over, kinked and now need canes for support. I hadn't quite realised how dense and heavy each cola was getting until I leaned the bent ones back upright... Still, there are worse things I could be moaning about :)

P1000556_Large_.JPG

Had another quick peek at the trichomes today. They're now starting to turn amber and I guess will now be ready for the chop in the next couple of days:

rsz_a004_-_20150224_124922.jpg

rsz_a003_-_20150224_124840.jpg
rsz_a002_-_20150224_124736.jpg

While I feel a certain amount of relief that I've finally almost got through my first grow journal, there's still a part of me that will miss looking after these plants :)

Re: MrMysfyt's First Budmaster II 1200XG LED Critical Kush Soil 5'x5' Tent Journal -

Hey MrMysfyt:).......seen you on Skunny's and British Greens journal talking about your medical conditions......and that you are growing critical kush......i dont have time to catch up right now but wanted to come over and tell you that i harvested critical kush back in october - november of last year.......if you want night time meds i would let your ambers go to close to 50% in my opinion....i let mine go to somewhere between 15-25%.....just finished off the last bud a couple of days ago.....very good buzz.....heavy.....doesnt take joint pain and such away but you are so high it doesnt matter as much:)......now i used an ounce of bud and an ounce of trim to make butter and then cookies.....the cookies were more effective than the smoke for pain....and if you eat one about thirty minutes before bed time then it knocks me out for the whole night....i too have issues sleeping or getting a full nights sleep without being up a hundred times:)lol........i dont know your whole situation or growing experience, but if you have any questions about making butter or anything else please feel free to smack Skunny in the back of the head:).....oh i mean feel free to hit me up:):rofl:lol.......sorry for going off on your journal buddy:).......oh yeah....and another sub to add to the list my friend:).....subd:)

No need to apologise Green Dreamz and it's great to have some input and advice, particularly from someone else who also suffers from insomnia. I'm delighted to hear that you've had some experience and great results with the same strain and I'm now minded to do as you say and leave the plants a few days more. I'm a novice grower and as such probably over-eager to start harvesting, but another week or so won't hurt if it really does make such a big difference to the effects... many thanks and much appreciated :)

Do you decarboxylate your bud and trim before making butter for your cookies? How much butter do you use for the recipe?

Any other recommendations for night-time meds?

I've currently got a bean collection consisting of Humboldt Blue Dream, Purple Trainwreck, regular Trainwreck, Ewe-2 and Barney's Farm Critical Kush (with slightly different genetics to these Dinafem Critical Kush) if anyone can provide experience of using these strains?

There you go MrMysfyt, straight from the horses mouth :)

I apologise to any horses I may have offended with my previous comment

There you go MrMysfyt, straight from the horses mouth :)

I apologise to any horses I may have offended with my previous comment

Lol.... thanks skunny, everyone's been more than helpful and it will soon be put to good use :)

No need to apologise Green Dreamz and it's great to have some input and advice, particularly from someone else who also suffers from insomnia. I'm delighted to hear that you've had some experience and great results with the same strain and I'm now minded to do as you say and leave the plants a few days more. I'm a novice grower and as such probably over-eager to start harvesting, but another week or so won't hurt if it really does make such a big difference to the effects... many thanks and much appreciated :)

Do you decarboxylate your bud and trim before making butter for your cookies? How much butter do you use for the recipe?

Any other recommendations for night-time meds?

I've currently got a bean collection consisting of Humboldt Blue Dream, Purple Trainwreck, regular Trainwreck, Ewe-2 and Barney's Farm Critical Kush (with slightly different genetics to these Dinafem Critical Kush) if anyone can provide experience of using these strains?

Hey MrMysfyt i just read this and i have made an error....my Critical Kush was from Barneys Farm:)lol.....i didnt even realize that there was another breeder:)lol....i am new to the genetics names and breeders right now...still lots to learn obviously:).....anyway since you do have Barneys CK then you know what to expect out of it.....oh and also to throw in....i grew 2 and they were both different phenos.....one had dense cone shaped buds and the other although dense but not as dense as the other had golf ball tops....both were easy to grow and yielded well for my knowledge and lights at the time:).......i am currently vegging a HSO Blue Dream....been going about 60 days i think.....training the hell out of her but will flip her in about 2-4 weeks.....can give you an idea of how it works after a while as well:) as for other strains i really like the auto short ryders i just harvested.....grew one before the last 3......very low yield.....under an ounce...more like half an ounce......but this is a strong body buzz......good for taking 3 or 4 hits when you are ready to lay your head down.....dont sleep all night but i get a couple of hours in a row before waking up as oppose to the normal 45 minutes to an hour:).....so the low yield doesnt bother me as it will last if i just use it before bed:)....i will have to look up the breeder later....i dont remember who it was from.....seeds were around 2 years from when i bought them:).......as far as decarbing my bud.....yes i do.......i will get you instructions tomorrow.....honestly i am being lazy...they are in the other room and i am in my reclined position:rofl:.....so when i get going tomorrow i will post the way i do it for you:)......i sure hope you dont mind reading:rofl:lol....another short story by GD:)......Have a good one buddy:) and i will get up with you tomorrowz:)

Those golf-ball tops on your Critical Kush look very similar to mine from Dinafem, which are now extremely dense and heavy to the point they are starting to need supporting. It'll be interesting to hear how that Blue Dream suits you for sleeping. Looking forward to reading some more after working through your journal.... :)

Evening Mysfyt:).....ok here are the directions straight out of my Magical Butter Machine cook book that came with it:)

Decarb

Preheat oven to 250 f or 121 c
Place your buds into a covered baking dish....( i covered mine with aluminum foil)
Put the dish into the middle of the preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes
When the time is up, take it out of the oven and let cool completely. You can put the dish into the freezer to speed up the process
Once your buds are cooled you are ready to make butter or oil or tincture:).....

when i say buds i mean your trim as well.....what ever you use:) i used 1 ounce of good bud and 1 ounce of trim and pop corn with 1 pound of butter:).......also to make the butter absorb into your body better which will allow the tch to absorb easier you need to use 1 tablespoon of sunflower lecithin....it says you can substitute with rice or soy lecithin.....my store only had vegetable....so i used it and it worked just fine....my butter was more potent after using it......it doesnt make it more potent but just absorb better:)lol..............also.....only use unsalted butter......Margarine will not work:)....that is what it says in the cook book:).......check out magical butter machines.....they make life much easier and the butter comes out way better in my opinion.....and everyone that has had my cookies;)

Happy Daze my friend:)...I hope this helps.....if i missed a question just let me know:)

That helps a lot GD and thanks a million. I've tried everything to get hold of one of the 240V (UK voltage) MagicalButter machines over the last six months. The site are continually out of stock and won't reply to e-mails or postings on their web site, which hardly fills me with confidence, although I realise there are lots of very happy customers out there. At least I can begin to start making some manually now with the method you've kindly supplied :)

Hello my friend:)....yes i have heard a few people over seas complain about them being out of stock for the UK for a while now:).....i am not sure i understand the business practice there, but if you ever do have the chance to get one i dont think you will be sorry:)......i am gonna try to make coconut oil next to fill capsules......a buddy of mine on here.....drcannabi....uses them for daily pain and says they work great.....for more info on that check out my blogs as he did a tutorial for me and anyone else interested:)...Have a good day buddy:).

Thanks GD, I'll be sure to get one of the machines if they ever pull their fingers out and get their act together. Just heading over to the blog now for a read up... :)

That was suggested to me last night too L.A., but to my way of thinking, why should I purchase an expensive machine when MagicalButter can't even be bothered to reply to their mails. What hope will there possibly be if the thing then breaks? I may give in if they don't stock up soon though :)

Yep I get ya my friend, I just run a US as it was a prize from my first comp win! They were a little slack when I tyried to get in touch at the time!

Have you used the MagicalButter much L.A.? Have you been suitably impressed with the results?

Back
Top Bottom