MrMysfyt's First Budmaster II 1200XG LED Critical Kush Soil 5'x5' Tent Journal - 2014

Re: MrMysfyt's First Budmaster II 1200XG LED Critical Kush Soil 5'x5' Tent Journal -

A good rule of thumb with your pots is you need one gallon for each month it's going to be in there. I use the 5 gal smartpots & veg for 2-3 months & I'd say they're just about perfect :) Kingspan is a great idea, you want your soil warm :) As for plants in a 4x4 tent, I wouldn't go more than 6 & think 4 would be perfect :)

Re: MrMysfyt's First Budmaster II 1200XG LED Critical Kush Soil 5'x5' Tent Journal -

I didn't figure about how cold the garage floor actually was until quite late into the grow when I placed the thermometer right at the bottom of the tent and it was around 10 degrees colder than bud level. During the coldest nights with sub-zero temperatures, it probably dropped further still :(

That's a great rule of thumb skunny and thanks for that useful information - I take it you meant for every month from start to finish and not just veg? I've found some fabric RhizoPots at a very reasonable price so have just ordered some 30 (~6.5 gallon) and 56 (~12 gallon)-litre sacks... they'll come in very handy for the greenhouse too :)

I didn't figure about how cold the garage floor actually was until quite late into the grow when I placed the thermometer right at the bottom of the tent and it was around 10 degrees colder than bud level. During the coldest nights with sub-zero temperatures, it probably dropped further still :(

Does this give you any ideas? :- www.celotex.co.uk

I have some of their 25mm thick insulation boards in my loft and they seem to work a treat. I imagine they'd work well under pots but I guess you'd want the proper flooring stuff if you wanted to walk about on them.

If you have the headroom you could put your pots up on crates next winter :)

Yes mate, one gal per month including veg & going through to harvest.

Does this give you any ideas? :- www.celotex.co.uk

I have some of their 25mm thick insulation boards in my loft and they seem to work a treat. I imagine they'd work well under pots but I guess you'd want the proper flooring stuff if you wanted to walk about on them.

Yeah it certainly does and that sort of thing would work a treat... thanks Kushtie & skunny :)

Put your kingspan On the floor and then put a sheet of half inch ply on top of that . It will be fine :) and won't crush it . I've kingspan and celotex insulation boards in my grows . I've completely lined the loft roof with it twice with 50mm boards so I've got 100mm insulation and plasterboard over that . Then I've built a separate grow room . So no flying pigs can see my heat signature :)

Thanks BG, funnily enough that was exactly what I was thinking of doing after initially planning to just stand each plant on a 100mm thick block. I decided this would be troublesome and it would be much easier to put a more permanent base under the tent as you describe :)

It will work just fine . These days you find it under floors for that reason . It just can't support any weight on its own but sandwiched between a concrete floor and some ply wood it will work a treat . I would buy some strong double sided sticky tape and stick the wood to the kingspan to stop it sliding about

It will work just fine . These days you find it under floors for that reason . It just can't support any weight on its own but sandwiched between a concrete floor and some ply wood it will work a treat . I would buy some strong double sided sticky tape and stick the wood to the kingspan to stop it sliding about

Will do BG :)

Thanks MedFarmer, I'll be starting a new grow as soon as this lot is dry in a few days' time. Next time around I'll be growing fewer and vegging longer :)

I vegged my NLxBB Flux girls in rhizopots of 30 litres for 5 months.

I was reading through your journal last night and the girls look fantastic MF... five months seems like forever away though :) You're going to have a jungle of goodness in that room in the next few weeks.... That's a similar set up to what I'm hoping to do with my next grow, so I'll be keeping a close eye on your grow :)

Critical Kush edibles report for pain and insomnia:

Prepared cannabutter last night according to BG's recipe, except used two ounces of bud and made 32 flapjack cookies afterwards.

Started with 1/4 biscuit half an hour before bedtime and felt extremely relaxed after 45 mins but not particularly tired, so decided to eat another half.... this time felt extremely tired, very unsteady and bounced of every piece of furniture and up the stairs to bed... eyes looked like a Japanese fighter pilot, very red and mouth extremely dry. Was still aware of pain, but did not seem as bothered or up-tight about it as usual. Cannot remember falling asleep, but Mrs. Mysfyt said it was before my head even hit the pillow and woke up after a solid 10 hours of sleep feeling extremely relaxed, no fuzzy head, no headache... just absolutely brilliant after the best night's sleep I've had in as long as I care to remember. Today, feeling refreshed, I have managed to do a lot more than normal, feeling rejuvenated, like my batteries have been almost fully recharged... amazed is an understatement! :)

I think 3/4 of a cookie was a little too much, but 1/2 will be just about perfect for next time :)

Insomnia: 10/10.
Pain: 7/10.

Tomorrow, the rest of the medicine will be taken off the drying net and placed into one litre Kilner jars to finish curing properly. Photos of dried end-product to follow......

Just as a side note and don't know whether others are interested, but there's a program on Channel4 (UK) tonight called Drugs Live: Cannabis....

hxxp://wxw.theguardian.com/society/shortcuts/2015/mar/01/drugs-live-why-wanted-to-get-stoned-live-tv-channel-four

It doesn't seem like a very scientific approach to testing, but may be thought-provoking for some.

Sounds like a good one there mate. Thought provoking to say the least. My Wife has seen this post and it has been a light at the end of a very long tunnel.

The Channel4 program or the edibles report?

Oh, edibles all day long :cheesygrinsmiley:.

Thanks MF, I have tried edibles in the past, but non as effective as the one I ate last night. I've been wearing a wry smile all afternoon at the results. I really hope you have just as much success with your grow :)

I just followed Green Dreamz' recipe for cannabutter except using 2 Oz of bud, then followed the detailed instructions on this site:

hxxp://wzw.cannabutter.co.uk/

The cookies were just a basic flapjack recipe, substituting cannabutter :)

Back
Top Bottom