MrMysfyt's First Budmaster II 1200XG LED Critical Kush Soil 5'x5' Tent Journal - 2014

Re: MrMysfyt's First Budmaster II 1200XG LED Critical Kush Soil 5'x5' Tent Journal -

I'm still very much in the experimental stage with MMJ, so guess it will just take a bit of sussing as to what works best and maybe only trying when things are really bad. Still, one good night's sleep now and again is a godsend :)

Re: MrMysfyt's First Budmaster II 1200XG LED Critical Kush Soil 5'x5' Tent Journal -

you did use lecithin in the butter right?:)......if you dont know him.....there is a member here....Drcannibi....that makes coconut canna oil and fills capsules that he takes on a daily basis.....says they can get you pretty high and helps with various problems.....in fact it is in my blogs i believe:)....check it out.....that is what i am going to try next i think:)

Errrr nooo... I was so eager to try my crop that after ordering some lecithin on Amazon, I left it out for my first batch, which are now frozen - maybe that's the reason, but I will be using it in the next batch and will be sure to read up Dr Cannibi's instructions for the coconut oil capsules... let me know how you go on if you manage to try them before me :)

I feel like a naughty child now for missing it out :)

Harvest: final weight after five days of drying 492 g (17.35 Oz) and all now bottled into 6 x Kilner jars for curing:

Next project to start soon, happy growing to all at 420 until then :)

good lord that's a beautiful sight to behold. well done!

Errrr nooo... I was so eager to try my crop that after ordering some lecithin on Amazon, I left it out for my first batch, which are now frozen - maybe that's the reason, but I will be using it in the next batch and will be sure to read up Dr Cannibi's instructions for the coconut oil capsules... let me know how you go on if you manage to try them before me :)

I feel like a naughty child now for missing it out :)

Happy SkunkDaze Mysfyt:).....haha.....i do that crap all the time.....buy something new that i plan on using but always seem to forget it the first time:)lol......i will deftinately let you know about the capsules....gonna be a little while as i think i might use whatever i get off my pineapple chunk to make the oil:)....have a a great weekend of what's left of it:)

Happy SkunkDaze Mysfyt:).....haha.....i do that crap all the time.....buy something new that i plan on using but always seem to forget it the first time:)lol......i will deftinately let you know about the capsules....gonna be a little while as i think i might use whatever i get off my pineapple chunk to make the oil:)....have a a great weekend of what's left of it:)

Thanks GD and you too :) Truth beknown, I was a bit sceptical about the lecithin step until reading up on the subject a little more. I know butter already contains lecithin as an emulsifier, but some people claim they cannot feel the effects of edibles unless more is added. May do a little bit of experimentation in the name of science this next week and see if I can find some guinea pigs for a blind testing session :)

Guinea pig number one available whenever :)

Lol, it's a pity we can't get a 'testing' group together in real life :)

I really have to fire my MB up again lol , as I have about kilo of finest trim in the freezer :) :)

Mmmmm, I've really quite enjoyed testing the cannabutter this week L.A.... just out of interest, does the MagicalButter recipe recommend the use of lecithin?

Hi MrMysfit,

I just got caught up on your journal. Congrats on the beautiful harvest. a pound+ for a first time grower is absolutely amazing! Post #143 was a real inspiration I like the way you took the pics and followed with the wet weight.

The lecithin is not necessary, however it does make the THC more bio-available so your butter/oil goes A LOT further. I never make butter or oil without it.

Let me know when you start a new journal my friend!

Hey Doc, thanks very much for catching up and the kind words. The lechitin has now arrived, so it will be going in the next lot and I'll let you know if I can tell the difference. My next grow is just about to start, but have decided to heed the advice given and go with just four plants (2 x HSO Blue Dream and 2 x HSO Purple Trainwreck) and a longer veg this time around. I've never seen anything other than pretty green buds and can't wait to see a coloured strain in action :)

Hey Doc, thanks very much for catching up and the kind words. The lechitin has now arrived, so it will be going in the next lot and I'll let you know if I can tell the difference. My next grow is just about to start, but have decided to heed the advice given and go with just four plants (2 x HSO Blue Dream and 2 x HSO Purple Trainwreck) and a longer veg this time around. I've never seen anything other than pretty green buds and can't wait to see a coloured strain in action :)

Hi MM,

I want to share a lesson I learned the hard way with the MBM. It's best to sprinkle the lecithin over the top after you've evenly distributed the buds and fats :):):). Any other method and it will clump on the bottom of the MBM and char a bit.

Here's how I do it:

Quote Originally Posted by drcannabi View Post Dr. Cannabi's instructions to make Canna Coconut Oil with Magic Butter Machine - Blogs - 420 Magazine ®

Make sure there are no children or pets around. They both love coconut oil. My dog licked just a couple drops off the floor and I thought he was going to die. Dogs and weed are a very bad combo no matter what anyone says. They cannot process getting high mentally and they convulse and vomit.

1. Decarboxilate 35 grams of top shelf buds.
220 degrees for 60 minutes. I use a heavy duty metal cooking sheet and seal it aluminum foil. DON'T grind up your buds. When the 60 minutes is up, I turn off the oven and let it cool down in there, I don't remove the pan but I do crack the oven door an inch or so open while it's cooling.

Put your all your buds in the magical butter machine and add 16 oz of coconut oil. Then add 1 Tablespoon of lecithin (I use powdered Soy lecithin). Sprinkle it evenly over the top of the buds and oil I've had problems with the lecithin clumping on the bottom of the MBM when I don't do it this way.

3. Hit the oil setting on your MBM and when it's finished strain it into a Pyrex pitcher.

4. When the oil has cooled off completely but still in its liquid form, use your oral syringe to fill size 00 capsules. MAKE SURE YOU STIR IT before EACH time you fill the syringe.

5. Clean up everything with hot soap and water and and make sure there is no residue left anywhere.

I made the mistake of leaving my dirty Pyrex pitcher in the sink and Mrscannabi unknowingly washed it. Then she went to work. An hour later she thought she was Going to die. Once she said she felt high I knew exactly what happened. But now I only make this when I'm home alone. It went right through get skin.

Dosage: only take 1 and wait for a while hour before taking another. My tolerance is way up there and I still stay with one on any new batch until I titrate my dosage.

Thanks again, great information and detail Doc :)

...and still no luck with the cannabutter machine MF. I have now politely e-mailed MagicalButter and posted on their website around ten times over the past six months to find out the availability of their 240V model. I don't really understand why their international model has been unavailable for so long, or why they're not even polite enough to at least acknowledge enquiries - it's a shame, but in my book this is a big no-no for purchases, so I can't see myself doing business with them, even to purchase a 110V model with a transformer. Like I said to L.A.... it's an expensive machine and their lack of communication is enough to make me doubt how they would then deal with warranty or support issues.

I'll be having a go at manually making another batch of cannabutter or coconut oil this weekend, using a slow cooker and soy lecithin :)

That's a fair point MM. I tend to feel like that towards companies who cannot be bothered to respond.

Some other news on the 'Blue Blood' for you. My Wife much prefers it to the 'Night Queen' she's been having as it doesn't make her cough or burn her tongue as she puts it. Her sleep has been better on it too(she wakes less). I have told her that edibles is probably the way forward for her as the effects are more pronounced. I will give you some more feedback on the BB in a couple of days.

Back
Top Bottom