MrMysfyt's 2nd - Budmaster II 1200 GOD LED Colored - Soil - 5'x5' Tent Journal - 2015

Re: MrMysfyt's 2nd - Budmaster II 1200 GOD LED Colored - Soil - 5'x5' Tent Journal -

Get yourself some Pineapple Express autos from BF. It is one of the best smokes I've ever had and smells just like Pineapple :) awesome weed :)

I'd like to try autos sometime, so will put these on my to-do list.... thanks L.A. :)

Re: MrMysfyt's 2nd - Budmaster II 1200 GOD LED Colored - Soil - 5'x5' Tent Journal -

I've never been a discerning with beer or wine either, which is worrying because I've just started fermenting my first ever wine this year... you've probably guessed that it's bilberry :)

I'm a wine maker too MM. I must have 20 1 gallon glass demi-johns in the shed along with about 40 bottles too. It can get addictive like growing mate :cheesygrinsmiley:

Get yourself some Pineapple Express autos from BF. It is one of the best smokes I've ever had and smells just like Pineapple :) awesome weed :)

That's on the shopping list now :cheesygrinsmiley:

I'm a wine maker too MM. I must have 20 1 gallon glass demi-johns in the shed along with about 40 bottles too. It can get addictive like growing mate :cheesygrinsmiley:

I wish I'd known that a week ago... found a really old recipe for bilberry wine, but when I showed it to the local brew shop, they told me to do it a completely different way... then so did my father, then so did my friends. It seems everyone has their own particular way of brewing and taste, just like growing our favourite plant I guess. Anyway, it's bubbling along merrily at the moment, so it must be kind of happy with the method used :) Have you ever made cider?... that's my next project, but using pure apple juice mixed with other juices from the supermarket, rather than using a press.

I wish I'd known that a week ago... found a really old recipe for bilberry wine, but when I showed it to the local brew shop, they told me to do it a completely different way... then so did my father, then so did my friends. It seems everyone has their own particular way of brewing and taste, just like growing our favourite plant I guess. Anyway, it's bubbling along merrily at the moment, so it must be kind of happy with the method used :) Have you ever made cider?... that's my next project, but using pure apple juice mixed with other juices from the supermarket, rather than using a press.

I've never tried making cider but apple juice would be a good start. My Dad makes wine too and sometimes he sticks a store bought grape juice in to his wines for body. We have plenty of fruit between us. He has or grows gooseberries, blackcurrants, rhubarb, elderberries and pears and I've got blackberries, rhubarb, strawberries, raspberries and redcurrants. Quite the selection eh?

Maybe a canna leaf wine would be worth a go :cheesygrinsmiley:

Oooo.... that got me thinking and there are loads of recipes on line. There are even commercial makes around in the US :)

I've never tried making cider but apple juice would be a good start. My Dad makes wine too and sometimes he sticks a store bought grape juice in to his wines for body. We have plenty of fruit between us. He has or grows gooseberries, blackcurrants, rhubarb, elderberries and pears and I've got blackberries, rhubarb, strawberries, raspberries and redcurrants. Quite the selection eh?

I missed this reply earlier, but yeah that's a fantastic selection of fruit.... do you have a favourite fruit wine? After reading some of the oddball stuff you can use for ingredients, I just know this is going to be addictive too :)

I missed this reply earlier, but yeah that's a fantastic selection of fruit.... do you have a favourite fruit wine? After reading some of the oddball stuff you can use for ingredients, I just know this is going to be addictive too :)

I like the strawberries and raspberries in a zinfandel style rose. I prefer reds mainly. Me and Dad used to get sugar beets from the farms and use that as a base then add ingredients to that. Beets are bloody hard to cut though when raw, a bit like a swede but tougher, a good sweet base to start from. My Dad is always chucking in black bananas and such for body. I forgot to mention I have a quince bush in my garden and that makes a beautiful wine, the quinces not the bush :cheesygrinsmiley: I brought red hibiscus back from Egypt a couple of years back and have yet to use it so that will be my next wine adventure.

I like the strawberries and raspberries in a zinfandel style rose. I prefer reds mainly. Me and Dad used to get sugar beets from the farms and use that as a base then add ingredients to that. Beets are bloody hard to cut though when raw, a bit like a swede but tougher, a good sweet base to start from. My Dad is always chucking in black bananas and such for body. I forgot to mention I have a quince bush in my garden and that makes a beautiful wine, the quinces not the bush :cheesygrinsmiley: I brought red hibiscus back from Egypt a couple of years back and have yet to use it so that will be my next wine adventure.

Don't think I've ever seen a sugar beet, apart from on TV. We've also got a few quince bushes... they're so bitter that I thought it would make wine taste of p!$$, but now you've got me wondering :) It's funny how you start looking out for anything around to experiment with... I was eyeing up a berberis darwinii bush in a neighbour's garden that is bursting with berries earlier in the week, but still have to pluck up the courage to ask whether I can raid it for wine without sounding like an odd-bod :) The strawberry and raspberry rose sounds lovely and I may come back to you for a recipe if you don't mind?

We bought a giant hibiscus plant a few years ago too... it's never flowered because the first frosts always kill it off first - have you managed it with yours yet or does it flower earlier?

I bought red hibiscus flowers in a big bag not the tree :cheesygrinsmiley: I also forgot to mention that I have 2 each of apple and cherry trees that are showing their first fruits this year. Check this out for recipes Winemaking Recipes: Wine Making Guides there are untold recipes using tons of stuff.

A quick update in between gardening and wine-making....

Now starting week 7 of flowering from the switch to 12/12 and everything appears to be progressing well. The ladies are still drinking like they've never seen water before and the buds slowly fattening:

P1000645_Large_.JPG

P1000646_Large_.JPG

I'd just like to say a massive thanks to MedFarmer for all the help he's given me behind the scenes this week. What a thoroughly helpful and friendly chap, so here's some reps for you :)

Ummffff.... like a complete clumsy oaf, I stumbled while watering the back pots, did a pirouette and fell into my best plant (front-right) today... bodge-tape and canes at the ready :)

lol, I reckon we've all done that at least once :) best fixing up to ya my pal.

I did smell pretty good for a while afterwards though :)

Back
Top Bottom