Musiks' first grow/ bagseed 2009

Looking very nice, Feel your pain on the hand. Been there done that. You know that would never happen after a couple of bowls. Wish I could help you with the cloning, I have not had much luck with the cloning but I am sure there are plenty of people who will chime in and give you some good advise. Good luck...

Yes, the drinking and smoking is no good. I hate to sound like my grandpa, but my Uncle had one two many beers and then smoked with me... He ended up rolling a BRAND NEW Ford Bronco the very same day he got it... and there was that woman last Labor day that had some vodka and a joint, she killed some Innocent people and herself along with her kids. Sorry, I am rambling. Those little plants look great man, I think you have a better chance getting clones to grow roots with hydro. I killed 6 clones on my first attempt and that is why I am just doing pollen. Good luck with that man.

I decided to chop one down, I believe I am now in that window and after scraping scissors afterwards and getting blown out, im sure its ready, good enough for me. No vid. But heres some photos. Alot.

MJFP00.JPG

MJFP001.JPG

MJFP002.JPG

MJFP003.JPG

MJFP004.JPG

MJFP005.JPG

MJFP006.JPG

MJFP007.JPG

MJFP008.JPG

MJFP009.JPG

MJFP010.JPG

MJFP011.JPG

MJFP012.JPG

MJFP013.JPG

MJFP014.JPG

MJFP015.JPG

MJFP016.JPG

MJFP017.JPG

MJFP018.JPG

MJFP019.JPG

MJFP020.JPG

MJFP021.JPG

MJFP022.JPG

MJFP023.JPG

MJFP024.JPG

MJFP025.JPG

Those pics are pretty much in order. I didnt think of the camera right away.
I started clipping at about 1:50am, finished at 9:30 in the morning. I have no idea wet weight i hope that i have more than 2 ounces here. and for the record that is just one bowl of nuggets I spread across the cardboard on the bottom of the box. The clippings i am going to try my hand at making hash. I am still researching the different methods before I decide which one i'll try out. I'll hopefully have some pics of that soon.

The other plant im gonna give maybe another week because it seems to still be growing trichomes.

If i have started to flush that plant and the stems are going red should I give some more ferts, I've been flushing for at least a week now. I might be set back in the flushing department, but if that gives my other plant more girth im down. I definately know that one is not ready to be chopped.

Musik \\\vVv/// :grinjoint:

Very, very nice harvest. If I where you and I am not so its a personal choice. I would not give your plants any more nuts. If you have already flushed and have been giving the plants just water keep it up. You don't want to ruin those nice buds by feeding them again. I don't think it would really do that much to you existing buds. But like I said its personal preference. I like to go for quality, taste and smell rather than quantity. But it up to you. Great job again..

Yeah thanks for stopping by guys, the other plant in my closet is definately a different strain than this one and I kinda treated them both the same, while the one I chopped handled everything I threw at it like a champ, the other one is sooo different that I think I should have kept giving nutes longer, i have taken a few seed off of it from buds i noticed and i wonder, is it fair to say that if the seed is ready that the plant is ready? if so i'll be chopping it down soon.

Musik \\\vVv///

From what I have read and understand you need to be pretty diligent in burping your jars in the first week or so. I open them for a few minutes at least 3 times a day for the first week and a little less as time goes on. If I am using bigger jars I take the buds out and put them on a screen for an hour or so at least once a day for the first week, so they all cure equally. I know 420 opens the jars for four hours at a time. And he really knows what he is doing.

After you dry I am not sure why you would put the bud in a paper bag. I have read that people dry there buds that way but doing both seems a little over kill and you don't want to over dry the buds. But take what I say with a grain of salt please. I am still learning new things every day and may be correct by others who know way more than I on this site..

From what I understand you want to handle your buds the least amount possible. I would think after your dry and putting them in bags turning them once a day would knock off a lot of those valuable trichs. Just a thought and I am sure a lot of people with a lot more experience than I will chime in and give you some better advise. Anyway good luck and great job.

Sonzor,the paper bag method is/was an old one used by stash and specialty growers. I used it in the 70's. It's used to let chlorophyll escape from the leaf and bud in a slow manner after an initial hang dry and before the jars. The paper bag is air permeable and lets the chlorophyll and nastier terpenes leach out into the air on their own. The leaf went to one bag,the bud to another.

The leaf was ready for the jars in 3-5 days while the bud would take a week or two.

After that you jarred the weed until it was ready.

In those days leaf was smoked. The bag method helped remove much of the harshness from the leaf.

oooo. well the seeds i've pulled off the other plant have been as big a seed as i know that they come in size, I realized that there were more seed on that plant than I originally thought so I chopped that down. I just chopped it at its lowest point and hung it upside down. I read that this is the best method for all the sugars to move into the places they need and since i'm taking seed from it(i've already gathered like 20 big fat ones) I figured i'd let it run its course in drying, i'm still gonna smoke it of course but I want most of the seed if I can help it. It was definately female and since a good amount of seed was showing i figured it had moved on from fattening budz and now producing seed, but I have more plants that are almost ready to flower so im gonna clean my closet(with bleach as good as I can) and put those under the light. My bro talked to the city and asked why electric was so high, the company said "you are using less electricity than last year sir, the recent jump must be from your A/C" LOL no worries here the 400w light must not be pulling as much electricity as we all thought, because we have been running the A/C for the last 2 months to control humidity. The only thing different really is that we changed every light bulb in the house to a 13w CFL and we had 8 100w light bulbs in our living room in our track lighting, the only thing that sucks is that the cheap CFL's aren't dimmable. (those are like 15$ a piece)

Hope you get some great buds along with those seeds. Not sure where you are at but around here they changed the tier system so we all no matter if you use a little less electricity or not the bill went up. Got to love the utility companies. They got you by the balls.

musikgenman this is my first visit here.. So many great journals hard to get to them all. A+++ on yours and Reps.
I have been cloning for quite some time and you want to make sure to have atleast 2 nodes and about 1/2 inch stock below cut on 45 with sharp thin blade so you don't crush it when you cut. If nodes aren't across from each other or close to it the plant seems to grow strange with new branchs comming out at every leaf. I also take the razor blade and clean it before using it with alcohol and scrape gentley from about 1/4 inch above nodes to the end all the way around it. You will see a bit of fiber come off. Then I dip it into rootone to about 1 inch above nodes and tap off excess and plant it with a half inch of rootone above cube or soil . I get almost 100% every time. I have found the cubes way easier and less mess and takes up lots less room. I use dyna grow K-L-N rooting concentrate per instructions and walla u be clonning... Hope this helps a little...
P.S After cubes soak up water I pour off any excess....

:Rasta::yummy::Rasta:

musikgenman this is my first visit here.. So many great journals hard to get to them all. A+++ on yours and Reps.
I have been cloning for quite some time and you want to make sure to have atleast 2 nodes and about 1/2 inch stock below cut on 45 with sharp thin blade so you don't crush it when you cut. If nodes aren't across from each other or close to it the plant seems to grow strange with new branchs comming out at every leaf. I also take the razor blade and clean it before using it with alcohol and scrape gentley from about 1/4 inch above nodes to the end all the way around it. You will see a bit of fiber come off. Then I dip it into rootone to about 1 inch above nodes and tap off excess and plant it with a half inch of rootone above cube or soil . I get almost 100% every time. I have found the cubes way easier and less mess and takes up lots less room. I use dyna grow K-L-N rooting concentrate per instructions and walla u be clonning... Hope this helps a little...
P.S After cubes soak up water I pour off any excess....

:Rasta::yummy::Rasta:

Great info, definately something I can refer to. And that's exactly what I need. And it sounds like the Rootone is a powder and the Dyna Grow is a liquid. My question for you, is that organic? Well actually i'll look them up.
I do use rockwool cubes for the seeds, which would definately be ideal for me to use with cloning.(i have alot) And now i have a ton of seeds from my hermie plant that pollinated my other female plant that didn't hermie. I really hope their feminized. I have no idea the strain but since my last post i have smoked off the plant i chopped and i can only take a few hits and set it down cause i get blasted, the taste isn't bad, but it definately doesn't taste like the premo i pay 60 an eighth for. Of course im sure when this is cured it is going to taste good cause it smells so freakin' wonderful. I am getting Mason Jars this weekend.
As far as the cloning goes, I have been using CFL's in another area for starting the seedlings. Which I plan on using for rooting clones. Once roots show outside of cube I can put in 12/12 under 400w correct?

Musik \\\vVv/// :ganjamon: :peace: :slide: :popcorn::Rasta: :surf:

Hope you get some great buds along with those seeds. Not sure where you are at but around here they changed the tier system so we all no matter if you use a little less electricity or not the bill went up. Got to love the utility companies. They got you by the balls.

LOL You got that right! I am currently looking into hooking up an electric furnace (ours is gas) to Solar Panels, and water cooling the house to elminate the use of the A/C as much during the summer.

Musik \\\vVv///

LOL You got that right! I am currently looking into hooking up an electric furnace (ours is gas) to Solar Panels, and water cooling the house to elminate the use of the A/C as much during the summer.

Musik \\\vVv///

We also looked into solar. Our bill in the summer time averages out to around $600 a month and I don't even grown indoors except for a small experimental garden. I can not even guess what it would be with a full blown indoor grow. Anyway my neighbor sells solar and he quoted me $30,000 for solar panels for the house, Needless to say in this economy and how the prices of houses have fell up to 50% in my area, I wont be putting that kind of money into my house anytime soon. Good luck with your solar hope it works out for you...

I have some finished pictures of my previous grow and i've got some pics of the new grow. I have spent all morning/afternoon scrubbing my closet out. Air dried for a good while (until i couldn't smell the bleach anymore) and now I have 3 new plants that will hopefully bring me joy. I don't know if I should start a new journal or continue this one until i start with seed I actually know where they came from. Which is the seed I got from this grow. So Your gonna see 3 new plants, while i have 2 more seedlings under cfls that in about 2 weeks will be ready for the big light.

So here is some close ups of the recent one i chopped. It was slightly bigger yielded about an oz more than the other one but the budz weren't as tasty looking.
second_plant.JPG

second_plant_1.JPG

there was just over 4 oz.
second_plant_2.JPG

second_plant_3.JPG

These are the first plant i chopped. this monster weighed a lot more than I expected.
14_0g1.JPG

14_0g2.JPG

there was just over 3 oz of this bud. everything is curing now. all is smokable(well i've been smoking it) i can tell after a few days of cure for the first plant the smell is getting better and better.
first_plant.JPG

these are the newest plants. I kinda had them under the cfl's too long and i noticed that the roots were reluctant to grow outside the rockwool much. I might have started them a bit too early. I'm not too worried I have two more plants to enter these 3 in about 2 weeks and 2 weeks after that I hope to know at least from these 3 which are males or females. i might be a bit rushed on this timeline but the 3 were under the cfl's for a month. I hope the roots grow like crazy now that i have them under the HPS.
newbies_1.JPG

newbies_2.JPG

newbies_3.JPG

newbies_4.JPG

Well I can't tell what are good mothers and what aren't but im hoping to acquire a 400W MH bulb, hood and ballast soon. I need to open up a vegg area, i see now for sure its the only way to have a perpetual harvest. Then i can get mothers going clone them and the whole shebang! alot of work has just finished. Now its resting time!

Musik \\\vVv/// :grinjoint: :Rasta: :yummy: :roorrip:

Nice looking harvest, looks like you have some very nice meds. on your hands. Great job and good luck on the new crop...

Another question, Is there something you did to this bud to make it so compact. I see a lot of buds that kind of look squared off and leaves compacted into the bud like that.

14_0g1.JPG

:cheer:Spectacular job Musik! So did you get a microscope to look at the tryches and what do they look like, is the buzz a speed buzz or is it a slow you down one? Congrats on the harvest dude.:goodjob::slide:
thanks for asking siscokid :grinjoint:
Yeah in fact the nice looking budz were at least 50/40/10 amber/cloudy/clear with a really stony effect/slanted eyes/very red
and the trichs in the less dense budz were more like 50/50 amber/clear, which i cut down early because i realized that it got mostly pollinated and i figured that i might as well chop it because it would focus its attention on seeds rather than budz. which ended up being fine with me i got a ton of new seed and still 4 oz, you get high but you dont feel it right away. and the budz smell of orange/citrus. Now i know the really good looking bud hermied and produced male flowers, im sure that was due to light stress because they only occured on the bottom portion of the plant. but it pollinated the orange/citrus smelling plant. so im hoping that the seeds from it produce orange/citrus dense nuggats, im a noob and i've been doing alot of reading. lets hope so LOL

Nice looking harvest, looks like you have some very nice meds. on your hands. Great job and good luck on the new crop...

Another question, Is there something you did to this bud to make it so compact. I see a lot of buds that kind of look squared off and leaves compacted into the bud like that.

14_0g1.JPG
hey sonzor!! thanks i hope the next round goes as well. 8 oz off of two plants i can deal with every couple months :ganjamon:
the budz grew compact as heck, i wish that more colas had grown to that thickness(scrogs are next for me), as far as the roundness, that happened because i didn't have mason jars right away (had to find the money) but i found them 12 for 8 bucks and moved the larger colas into the jar. i may have left them in jars too long because they were a little more moist than i thought, so they are back in the plastic bags(sandwich bags are breathable) and in a paper bag(double duty) and when they dry a little further i'll put them back in the mason jars. the second plant i cut down didn't have as dense of budz and dried much faster. they are forming nicely in the jars but definately not as dense, but smell fantastic!!! LOL i can't believe the major difference in buds and i hope that their kids(the new seedz) do as well!!

here are some pics, i am right in the middle of the gumby method of getting hash from my trim and leaves.

gumby_oh_yeah.JPG

so i started out with half water. then i stirred for a half an hour(because i didn't have a blender/drill attachment. Then i brought it to sink fill the rest of the way with water and stirred another half an hour. I scooped out ice, then squeezed out the trim I have no idea how much trim i started with but tossed it afterwards, i thought about isopropyl alchohol method for the rest but that will have to wait for another day.
settling_gumby.JPG

this is the gumbo bucket settling, i think i'm gonna let it go another 8 hours and nap, im patient and think the 4 hour settling time may be a little short. either way it can't hurt.
temps_1st_of_oct.JPG

the_new_kidz.JPG

Musik \\\vVv///:roorrip: :cool: :welcome: :peace:

Back
Top Bottom