Musiks' first grow/ bagseed 2009

Sorry i've only just started watching, but looks like you've got a great setup now!
Your birthday was the day before mine... and i wish i had started a month early, and my plants would of finished on the day lol.

Time will go past quicker than you think, and in no-time you'll have some amazing plants & buds.

Will have a proper read-through later, and i will be watching! Good luck!

:ganjamon:

Hey guys thanks for all your encouragement!!!!
InhaledFreq, Sonzor, Chameleon, Pericodaking, fuji, and halforange, thanks for checking out my grow. I have a multitude of quick questions I have typed throughout this journal, and whats cool after its done i am going to be able to go through the journal and follow my steps.

In fact last night I filled my reservoirs with a gallon of nute solution. 1/2 gallon in each. The night before I had done 1/4 gallon in each. So now they are full.I am going to try and stretch "changing res water" for another week. I noticed some sediment on the bottom of reservoirs, im sure 'dust' or what not from hydroton and all that, so i'd rather the roots did'nt touch this stuff.

Any tips or suggestions are always welcomed. I am currently wondering "Can I flower these plants in the DWC buckets that I currently have set up? or Do I need to make any adjustments? and What kind of adjustments should I make?
of course one question always leads to another but I will prevail.

I can't believe the thickness of one of my plants stalk! Its almost as round as a fat permanent marker!

Again thanks you guys! You know I'm watching!

:thanks::bong::rollit::peace:

Musik \\\vVv///

Hey guys thanks for all your encouragement!!!!
InhaledFreq, Sonzor, Chameleon, Pericodaking, fuji, and halforange, thanks for checking out my grow.

Looking good! I can't wait to try that method! I'm waiting so I can learn from your experience. ;)

grow looks awsome dood....good improvements to the garden my friend...i kno you gonna get some big sticky buds mann..

^ can the lid of your dwc bucket support the weight of flowering plants? those lil biotches can get pretty heavy lol

I'm not sure, I do know that at the moment the lid does dip down in the center. I'm have no clue. If it can't I'm sure it could with a little bit of support. And I'd be tempted to just put a stick right in the center holding the center up, i'm sure it wouldn't need much more than that. I do know that Vinyl is tough as I used to install vinyl siding. Along with steel and various other forms.(me personally loving vinyl siding) So far there is no indication that they are going to fall through the lid. I will keep watching.

Thanks everyone for stopping by. Time for a nap. Long Day!!! :thanks:
Have some photos for your pleasure.
:rollit:;):smokin::popcorn::peace:

FullView.JPG

Horizontal.JPG
Horizontal2.JPG

Musik \\\vVv///

you could drill small holes on all 4 sides just under the lid and inset some rods to support, that should help, yea :ganjamon: * highly medicated rightnow

Knowing what I know now. Next time around I know the plants are gonna grow ten times faster. If I had these plants in the DWC by the time the roots were showing on all of them then they would be twice as big as they are and for going on 3 weeks I would be tempted to flower. I am sooo excited about flowering that I have been doing research on pruning/supercropping/scrog/cloneing. I think I might wanna chop the tops and root them. I have alot of extra space in my closet. When I go to flowering I am going to take the CFL's that I had at the beginning and use them for Vegetation. That way I can use my 400wHPS light for flowering as I should be. Because I'm indoors I do not need to Veg them to be so big.
Anyhow those are my most recent thoughts. By the end of this week I am going to go through the process of changing out the reservoirs with fresh water.
I also had this thought: I want to eventually veg mother plants. So far these plants are growing beautifully. If I want to Veg mother plants Hydroponically I will probably have to invest in 5 or 10 gallon buckets for sure. Using the Lucas Method of watching EC and PPM.
Then this floated around in my head:
Has anyone ever tried pruning roots of their hydro set ups. What kinds of set backs, is there smaller yields. So Far I have noticed this. Some roots look like they stretch out then branch looking like a spine. Some roots are super thick becoming as thick as a pen. Esp on the plants that the roots were messed with. Based on the fact that the plant that had its roots cut off. The new roots are 10 times thicker than the first bunch.

Thanks for stopping by y'all. I'll have pics up in a few days.

:thanks::welcome::bong::rollit::peace:

Musik \\\vVv///

Hazeseeker thanks for checking out my grow...and for the rep!:grinjoint:

I haven't updated pics in a bit. Busy finding a job.

In the meantime, my garden is growing so big so fast!!!! Its barely 3 weeks veg for most of my plants. 4 weeks on one plant that is sooooo bushy!!!

I really needed to open up some space in my garden....somehow!! So I went back to the store where I purchased the ten gallon totes. I purchased two more(because you can't buy the lids without the reservoir), and 2 5-gallon buckets with lids.
When I was at the part of the store that carried the buckets I noticed something. The lids were all white, with about 6 choices of colors of 5-gallon buckets. No matching colors, i mean I dont need to be super color coordinated and white is fine for the relfectiveness but none of the colors looked good with a white lid.
I also purchased another 20-60 gallon dual outlet air pump. and 8 feet of line. I already had two bubbles stones so I had everything I needed.

I dont have any pictures of the roots yet. I was going to show the difference from the 10 gallon totes to the 5-gallon buckets. The roots from all the plants have been predominantly white. After moving the plants around and checking things for a few days I noticed the roots from the plants in the 5-gallon buckets have yellowed slightly. Enough that if you put the roots from a plant from the 10 gallon tote next to one from the 5 gallon bucket, you can more than see a difference.
I only have 2 explanations for this and was hoping that someone else could help out. 1. In the 10 gallon totes I used distilled water bought from the store(Wal-Mart). That needed no PH adjustment. While the 5 gallon buckets I used tap water that I let sit out for 48 hours. Now when I set up the buckets I first filled them with water, put the nutes in, and then adjusted the PH. Now it took alot of PH to bring my tap water down. Is that normal?
2. the other option - I messed up something while I was setting them up, maybe didn't get all the bleach off the buckets after washing them(doubtful I rinsed for over 5 minutes to be sure, If i still smelled bleach I kept rinsing) or I put too much PH down(although the PH has to be at the right point or the plants can't intake any foods)

On another note it seems that in the 10 gallon totes, they seem to perk up when the PH gets higher, is this a sign they need adjustment or food? when I feed them they droop down slightly. I just starting to notice that they grow more when they are perked up, and only do that when the PH gets higher. Seems kinda odd. Kinda Contradictory to what I have read so far. Or do these plants like a higher PH? From what I've read in a DWC bucket you want the PH more just under 6.0. About 5.5-5.8 seems to be a good one. Again, my plants dont seem to like that.
Im sure it has something to do with the variables I'm working with, which is slightly outside of what it seems are 'ideal' conditions. So far they are looking healthy as ever. Just take a look here:

upon_entrance.JPG

overview10.JPG

white_light.JPG

You can see in the pictures that there is 4 plants in the reservoir on the right 2 on the left and 1 in each 5 gallon bucket. Time to find the males!!!!!

2_unknowns.JPG

these two plants have grown alot since separating the plants. Also a sign to me that I need to spread out those last couple plants so that they aren't crowded anymore or find males, remove them and that will open up space.

sativafull.JPG

Sativa_top.JPG

sativa_11inches.JPG

This plant grew up and tried to rule the grow!!! Nazi plants, learn to share!!

Indica_top.JPG

indica_close.JPG

This is the oldest plant and doesn't care who does what. This little 4week 6inch monster better be a female, it was 1 of two seed found in a bag of SuperSilverHaze. So far this is the best looking plant in my eyes! Now I read that SSH is Sativa Dominant and I'm hoping that the seed actually came from a SSH plant, is not hermie, and was pollinated by an Indica Dominant plant. :rollit: It may not even be SSH at all. (i have thought of this) ;)

I have one more very important, probably the most important question. Can I put these plants into flowering yet? I just wanna know which ones are males or females before I continue. I read over and over you can put them back into vegetation. As this is my first grow i'd like to cull the males earlier. In fact I never wanted to actually have this many plants.

Anyhow thanks for taking a look at my grow!! :thanks:

Musik \\\vVv///

I thought of a million things to ask people about my grow because I want it to go perfect. Then I made this video and watched it. Then I thought...these plants were given an opportunity to grow in conditions that are much better than the conditions they were gonna grow before they met me. (They were gonna get thrown in the ash tray, or they could be outside and take their chances) So as long as I make sure they get enough light and food, that their leaves stay green and their roots don't turn "brown". (Im assuming a slight yellowing is due to the changeover from distilled water to tap) That these plants are gonna get me some of the best smoke i've ever grown. ;)

So watch this video, take a moment to toke with me and look at these wonderful looking plants.

YouTube - science project

Musik \\\vVv///

I have one more very important, probably the most important question. Can I put these plants into flowering yet? I just wanna know which ones are males or females before I continue. I read over and over you can put them back into vegetation. As this is my first grow i'd like to cull the males earlier. In fact I never wanted to actually have this many plants.

Consider taking a clone or two from each plant, mark each clone so that you know which plant it came from, and let them root for about 2 weeks in rockwool, then flower the clones. This is a way to know for sure which plants are female and male without risking stressing the whole plant by flowering and then switching back to veg. But, on the down side, it takes about 3-4 weeks...

Another thing you can do is look at the pre-flowers. I don't know a lot about it, some more experienced growers were talking about it on my current grow thread. Apparently, the pre-flowers from a male and female look different and give a clue to their sex. Pre-flowers show when the plants are mature enough to be flowered. That's all I really know about it... :smokin:

Nice video, btw! :grinjoint:
...would love to see some vid of the roots. ;)

flowering and then revegging is fine, just make sure to reveg for at least 2-3 weeks. i've done it with several plants and no hermies so far! looking really great btw, loving the 5 gal buckets :ganjamon: Deep Water Culture is fun isn't it? +rep if I can bro :bong:

Back
Top Bottom