My Deep Water Culture, White Castle, SH, First Grow, 1 Blackjack Added

Ya know, I got that problem too. Things go along so nicely sometimes. I was just in the flower room picking some dead leaves off the bottom. Not exactly earth shattering news there! Usually at this point in the grow I'm just sitting in the grow room trying to figure out a better layout for the side lights. Every grow is different in that area. Well that and singing to my plants. I think they appreciate the CO2 I'm expelling. Other than that I'm not sure they care! LOL!

Here's an update!!! More growth. Seems like things are going pretty good. I have a few leaves that look like I over nuted a bit, but I'm just watching things right now.

DSCF2170a.jpg

DSCF2176.jpg

DSCF21671.jpg

DSCF21661.jpg

DSCF2165a.jpg

So how's she look to you???

You can add all kinds of stuff. I used to but now I don't. Most of that stuff is just sugar and while it does provide increased energy for the bud making it messes with the tank and send ph all over the place if you're not careful. Trade off seems to come out about even. Better plants at the end is about the same as a forced but weakened plant. Nothing scientific. Just personal experience.

Just keep everything running as is. Watch that the humidity doesn't get much over 50% for longer than a day and make sure your bug spray is working. If you are using bio-safe pesticides like Home defense or an insecticidal soap I might give the room a spray about now. As the plants ripen they do attract more bugs.

There are still things to do. I like to leaf tuck and expose a bud just under or being shielded by a leaf above it and get it to the big light on top. You can do that everyday! LOL! Eventually they get too sticky to mess with.

Quick update: Things are going pretty cool right now. Not much to report. Some leaves are yellowing and crisping, but not to bad. I pull a couple of dead leaves out every day or 2. She is super bushy still and the bud sites seem to be growing a bit, just slow. I'm NOT experimenting, so I will just keep her at the 600-650 PPM she likes. It seems low, but everytime I took her above 650, I got nute burn. She has grown pretty damn good at this level, so I don't plan on changing it now. I found a pretty good sized DEAD spider in the grow room, so I know the spray is doing it's job. She's getting more frosty, I will get pics up this week.

I am still waiting to get my camera back to take pics.
I wanted to mention, I am getting more crispy and yellowing leaves, mostly on the top. Haven't worried too much, but it seems like it keeps getting worse. Is this normal? I don't think heat is an issue since I haven't moved the light. The PH has been pretty good, and I have not up'd the PPM's. Kinda funky. Not too woried since the majority of leaves under the top area are still very green, and the flowers seem to be doing fine.
The flowers smell like coffee beans. Very nice, but it has that great underlying bud smell after the coffee bean smell passes.

Plants yellow up from the bottom up usually. It's the plant trying to build buds with the nutes available. With flower nutes sometimes there isn't enough N to sustain all vegatitive growth on a big plant so it robs from what it has stored in the leaves and then the leaves yellow up. If it continues yo might want to give it a shot of grow nutes to support the growth. Are the roots looking good? Is it drinking water/nutes daily?

Roots look good. I've got some ropes in there, lol. Nice and...yellowish... from the nutes. Good smell too. She drinks about a gallon of water a day, and I am always reluctant to add more nutes. I have been adding a small dose half way through the weekly res changes to restore the nutes that have been used up. Tonight is the night I usually add more nutes. I didn't grab a PPM reading last night, I was too high and forgot. Once I remembered, I was like... damn I forgot.

Been there, done that! Doesn't sound like any problem then. Hit them with a dose of fresh nutes and they should perk up. They are just feeding a little heavier than normal and that's a good thing. Leaves fall in fall or the year and it's fall in your garden. Leaves are like fuel tanks for continued growth and to get to where you are going it's just doing it's thing.

We know with this plant that it's doesn't like a nute level that some others do. How long to you think you have till harvest?

Cool. Sounds like a plan.
Harvest is a good question. I asked about the harvest time on this strain and was told it can harvest as early as 6 weeks. That seems quite a bit early. I will keep a close eye on it starting from then, since the breeder said so, but I'm really looking at 8 weeks as a finish time. So June 1st to June 15 is what I expect right now.
This strain is mostly indica, it's a mix of: Bubba Kush / Monkey Paw / Afghan Goo

The place I got it from call it a house breed. The fact that I have never heard of Monkey Paw tells me they have been breeding for a while (plus they have a lot of info for me). I found out Monkey paw is an older strain that has most likley dissapeared, but sounds like it's kind of like Panama Red.
I tried the bud out before getting the plant and was very happy with the smoke. It is so sticky and full of snow. I get a very good high for body relaxation, and am very focused for a few hours. Once I start coming down from it, it gives me a nice mellow relaxed feel that I can easily function on. I enjoyed it enough that I knew I wanted to grow it.

Hmmmm, that strain sounds pretty interesting. I wonder if it will smoke the same as you sample. Guess I'll just have to wait for your smoke report. Keep up the good work. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom