My Deep Water Culture, White Castle, SH, First Grow, 1 Blackjack Added

DSC003245.JPG

heres what they looked like jan 5

How long did it take for you plants to turn around for the better? I'm thinking of killing the 2 really bad off ones, and putting in some clones. Thanks!

dang man that sucks 2 hear. let us know what u end up doing and do u have anymore updated pics on the current state of the plants?

ya do that and put'm up here id like to see whats going on. sorry to hear things arent getting to much better though. when u do the res change what is ur plan? still ph'ed water? or u gonna use nutes? or mayb alil h2o2?

I'll post'em up here for sure. I was planing a res cleaning, plus stones, etc. Then add in plain PH'd tap water with a tablespoon of h2o2 per gallon (5). No nutes yet. I'm hoping for some growth still, but havn't seen signs of recovery. I know patience is key here and I'm OK with that, but the 2 ugly ones are pretty far gone. I think the other 2 are fine, and I have no worries waiting for them to come back around. I have the Stealth Hydro 6 plant setup, so I am thinking if I get 2 clones, and put them in, I can actually wait to see if the 2 uglies come around. If they do, I can just move the clones to a bucket to keep the number of plants down to 6. I was really just going for 4 plants, but we'll see. I'd rather have 6 plants then 2, but 4 is the number I want. I had originally planned on having 3 in the SH setup and one in a bucket. The way it's looking, I'll have 2 in the SH and 2 in a bucket.

ya dude dont give up just yet...i mean the runt in my setup i thought was dead the other day when i moved them from my friends house 2 my house and had gotten bad nute burn the day before it.... i was just bout to give up and i started the ph'ed water/H2o2 regimen and sure enuf they all sprang back to life so i agree with ur plan for tonight. hope they come back

Thanks SyNik4L. I won't give up just yet, but want to be sure to have a backup plan. I just got off the phone with a guy talling me he has some Head Candy clones. I've never had it before. Aparently it's Cotton Canday and Headband crossed. I got GDP all day over here. Everyone has GDP clones!

sounds good i would deff go for that backup plan.....when i was having those problems with mine i was like 1 or 2 days away from sprouting some more of my seeds i have left over thank god i didnt lol

No clones today. Went by to get some, but they just had someone clear them out of the rest of what I would have been down to get. Oh well. I think it's probably better to wait like a week anyhow, to see if anything happens, and to hopefully start getting nutes in the tank. The 2 ugly ones, are looking worse today. I'm calling them a lost cause now, maybe the WC will make it, but the BJ is a dead looking MF'r. I can't tell if anything else changed, will update again in the next few days when I can. Later- Joe

No clones today. Went by to get some, but they just had someone clear them out of the rest of what I would have been down to get. Oh well. I think it's probably better to wait like a week anyhow, to see if anything happens, and to hopefully start getting nutes in the tank. The 2 ugly ones, are looking worse today. I'm calling them a lost cause now, maybe the WC will make it, but the BJ is a dead looking MF'r. I can't tell if anything else changed, will update again in the next few days when I can. Later- Joe

hang in there man

Thanks a ton everyone. I really appreciate your help and caring words. I went ahead and removed the BlackJack, it was never given a proper chance. :rip: BJ

The rest look exactly the same. I'm not even going to waste my time with pictures. The biggest one has a bit of tip browning, but that's all. Should I add some food? You think that could be an issue for why the big one would still be browning? The lights are still around 12-15 inches away, water is 68-72 through the day, and the PH is holding steady around 5.8. I am thinking of starting some nutes tomorrow night. Let me know your thoughts. Again, they still look the same as the last pics I put up, other then the BJ is gone, and the biggest one has a very small amount of browning on the tips of the 3rd set of leaves. :hmmmm: Thanks again everyone!

Oh yeah, What's your thoughts on when to take the feeder tubes out??? Should I take it out when each plant reaches a good couple inches of root in the water. I talking about per each plant. Could keeping the feeder tubes in be drowning the plants when the roots find the water?

Thanks a ton everyone. I really appreciate your help and caring words. I went ahead and removed the BlackJack, it was never given a proper chance. :rip: BJ

The rest look exactly the same. I'm not even going to waste my time with pictures. The biggest one has a bit of tip browning, but that's all. Should I add some food? You think that could be an issue for why the big one would still be browning? The lights are still around 12-15 inches away, water is 68-72 through the day, and the PH is holding steady around 5.8. I am thinking of starting some nutes tomorrow night. Let me know your thoughts. Again, they still look the same as the last pics I put up, other then the BJ is gone, and the biggest one has a very small amount of browning on the tips of the 3rd set of leaves. :hmmmm: Thanks again everyone!

Oh yeah, What's your thoughts on when to take the feeder tubes out??? Should I take it out when each plant reaches a good couple inches of root in the water. I talking about per each plant. Could keeping the feeder tubes in be drowning the plants when the roots find the water?

You won't drown the plant, but once they have a few inches of root in the rez, it's no longer necessary to use the feeder tubes. I have a question about your other problems, do you know what the ppm is of your tap water? if you're still using tap. If you don't know, you may want to try some distilled water from your local grocery, or an aquarium store.

You won't drown the plant, but once they have a few inches of root in the rez, it's no longer necessary to use the feeder tubes. I have a question about your other problems, do you know what the ppm is of your tap water? if you're still using tap. If you don't know, you may want to try some distilled water from your local grocery, or an aquarium store.

Cool, thanks about the drowning of the plants answer. My tap is about 260 PPM average out of the tap, and around 7-7.3 PH (which I adjust to between 5.5-6.5).

your tap don't sound too bad, I think you can look up what's in it per county online. If things don't improve for you, I would try distilled water, just an opinion tho. I had a lot of issues with my grow until I went R/O. +)

Back
Top Bottom