My First Grow! Big Bud + 8 Ball Kush CFL's

You can transplant tomorrow, just let the soil get mostly dry, then do the transplant. I like to fill the new pot 3/4 with soil, make a hole for the baby, then moisten the new soil with a sprayer, so the soil doesn't get packed from pouring water. I water my plants the same way, unless I am flushing, the soil stays looser, allows more oxygen to get to the roots.

Thanks for your replies guys, your knowledge is much appreciated! So, a quick up date now then il start updating 1-2 a week maybe.
Panic over about the whole male plant business :laughtwo: ..... So i decided it was time to re-pot my babies!

I wanted about a 60:40 mix of soil to vermiculite/perlite. I also added a few round pebbles in the bottom of the pots as this will help drainage.
The root system of the seedlings had really gotten to grips with the 500ml pots. They are 12 days old from planting(I think!)
DSCF15832.JPG

So I mixed the soil and gently eased them out the pots, into quite shallow holes in the new soil. Good bit of advice about waiting till the soil is dry Danklover!

Gave then a quick misting of water, and here's how they are looking now, just before lights out.
DSCF15771.JPG

DSCF15841.JPG
DSCF15821.JPG
DSCF15851.JPG
DSCF15881.JPG
DSCF15871.JPG
DSCF1586.JPG
DSCF15761.JPG

Hello everyone, thanx for your replies, KingJohn, lesson learned for next time but they will be here for the duration now i'm afraid! Haha.
So, last post I talked about going for a scrog grow, and since picked up a suitable wire mesh.The plants are 14 days old today(since planting in soil-12 days since germination) and both seem to be looking very healthy, if a little on the shrubby side. Could this mean that I have the CFL's positioned too close, so they aren't reaching up for the light?? They are about an inch away at the moment, because i heard this is where CFL's give out their very optimum.
I also fed them a very weak solution of general N-P-K fertilizer ( MiracleGrow- very cheap at the garden centre I work at!), and seem to have grown an inch outwards overnight. I am watering them every 3 days now, and will feed them the nutes every 4th water I think. Does this sound ok? Also, came up with what seemed like a bright idea literally.....I added a tall mirror to the back of my closet reflecting both CFL's straight back at the plants! The light increase is phenomenal! Has anyone had good experience of this? Or is it better to stick with Mylar or something similar?
Anyway, here's some pics of them after a water, sitting in their new screen, just before lights out!
Enjoy.

It's not a good idea to spray the leaves if the lights are on, the water can magnify the light, and burn the leaves. Also, is there any way you can hang those cfls horizontally, cfls produce most of their light from the sides of the bulbs.

Yeah kingjohn already informed me of this, but i only quickly left the lights on for a sec just to take some pics then they went off.
And I'm struggling to come up with a way to hang them horizontally, without buying a proper reflector.:peace:

Hey funky plants won't show sex until they are old enough to be flowered, I have some og18 moms with gnarly preflowers they are like 6 months old. Just something to keep in mind, I know people that think preflowers means their plants were stressed into flowering and completely ignore what preflowers mean.

your plants can not be sexed until they either develop pre flowers or are in flowering. pre flowers simply indicate your plants are showing sex and are sexually mature.

the female cannabis pre flower

The_Early_Female_Preflower.jpg

Thanks for clearing that up KingJohnC. Right, managed to get my hands on a couple of reflectors out of some old Hps lights at work, added them to the closet as they are far superior to my baking foil!:laughtwo:

At the moment all I can say is that my 2 65w cfl's seem to be doing a great job on the vegging side of things, but in the back of my mind I know i'm gonna have to get something decent sorted for flowering. I have 2 65w 2700k for flowering at the moment, but I know now these will not be enough to get some tight buds. As I cant control the heat from a Hps, I was thinking along the lines of 2 x 250w 2700k CFL's, and use the bulbs I have now for side lighting? I can get the CFL's quite cheap.

Quick pic update aswell :
DSCF16192.JPG
DSCF16201.JPG
DSCF16182.JPG
DSCF16212.JPG
DSCF16241.JPG
DSCF16231.JPG
DSCF16222.JPG

Hey all, quick picture update, not much to say really. Just watching them grow! I have also taken out a few of the older fan leaves as they were growing in a way that couldn't be spread evenly. There are new shoots sprouting daily. Do you think they will be ready to be switched to flowering 12/12 in another 2 weeks?
I found a flexi-funnel which is great for watering through the screen.
DSCF16811.JPG
DSCF16801.JPG
DSCF16791.JPG
DSCF16782.JPG
DSCF16771.JPG
DSCF16761.JPG
DSCF16731.JPG
DSCF16741.JPG
DSCF16751.JPG
DSCF16721.JPG

Well, I've just had a major cutting/tying back session. Took quite a few leaves out and the new growth underneath is awesome!! Theres literally shoots coming up everywhere. I also noticed the thickness of the 8 ball kush's stem - 3/4 inch!!
It's also provided alot of future budding sights. I'm planning on getting my 2700k bulbs in next week.
Enjoy the greenery!:cheer:
Scrog for the win.

Back
Top Bottom