My First Grow: Georgia Pie

Day 37 -Wednesday (12/28

Hi Everyone, it has been one crazy week so far but luckily the temp outside is in the low 50’s so that’s a positive. I hope everyone is having a wonderful week😊

This day.. i did an impulsive thing. I fimmed all three of the girls. GP1 and GP2 were “okay”.. just okay they definitely weren’t thrilled But GP3… she’s tiny and didn’t take it two well, although I read fimming is okay starting at three nodes which she does have. This is what they looked like in the morning before the fimming
5038C33B-9B5A-41F7-B7B2-8C1B000EAECB.jpeg

After the fimming😟
These pictures were taken in a few hours later around 6am
GP1- She was not thrilled
E98FD056-5C8F-4E2F-A518-3F4E9FD07B7E.jpeg

GP2- She also wasn’t thrilled

BC9E4816-C127-444E-AECF-C667C3D4D678.jpeg

GP3- She was livid😅
7AB1F6CF-34B8-422E-A349-DCE87F7395AA.jpeg

Throughout the day into the night all three girls started to droop(GP3 the most), i’m assuming shock as I checked the soil and they did not appear to need water.
GP3 has been slightly droopy, I feel like it’s time for her to go into her gallon pot, and for GP1 and GP2 to go into their 3 gallon pots. I am trying to wait for soil delivery as fox farm is not available in stores near me, only for online purchase.. I may have to find a short term alternative.

So the journey continues.. Happy Growing💙💙

I am trying to wait for soil delivery as fox farm is not available in stores near me, only for online purchase.. I may have to find a short term alternative.
Oh gosh, how long do you have to wait? If I were you I'd try to hold out rather than doing a temporary fix... if you can that is.

Oh gosh, how long do you have to wait? If I were you I'd try to hold out rather than doing a temporary fix... if you can that is.
Till about Wednesday hopefully it will come sooner🥹. There’s one store but its an hour away so that would be a two hour trip there and back.

Day 38 - Thursday (12/29)

GP3 is very upset, I tried to lightly water her and give high RH(75-80). GP1 and GP2 are okay.. again just okay. I think everyone will improve once transplanted.

Although other than that, there was not much to update on, I did not open the tent much yesterday( as I was only home for about 8 hours total just to check for watering and stats.
E5DD7E18-CB31-4DBE-8709-5452709DFE1C.jpeg

Day 39 - Friday 12/30
This day the girls were thirsty, and still droopy, I notice I am watering almost everyday now; it’s definitely time to transplant but i’m still waiting on my delivery for soil😔

This photo shows the girls GP3 to the left GP1 to the right, and GP2 behind.
0461C2B4-39EB-400C-B5EE-F8DB2B1E48B1.jpeg

The following pictures were taken before watering.
GP1
770C6576-7DC2-4063-91AA-118EFE85E629.jpeg

GP2
532137A1-3416-4126-A00B-C0772E62E317.jpeg

GP3
3BE4D125-D08B-4716-83C8-94DC6DE93AE7.jpeg

For the holiday weekend I am not home, i’ve only been running there for about 30 minutes or so to water the girls and check stats (and for my soil delivery)!By Friday evening it seems they have all recovered from the fimming I did☺️ and GP3’s attitude has subsided and she once again was a happy girl.

9A2E83B1-3E07-4235-9533-2099FFD77B5E.jpeg

0969A782-7CA4-4D8B-9A57-381C749E20E7.jpeg

Enjoy this picture of the city I took while i’m “away”😌.

I hope everyone is having a wonderful holiday weekend.

Happy Growing💕

Good Morning Everyone. I have been playing journal catchup this morning and am now back home as of yesterday. I hope everyone had an amazing start to the new year. I decided to combine these two days because the update for Sunday will be very short😅( I had too much fun and was a horrible plant mom as you will see below).

Day 40 - Day 41 Saturday and Sunday (12/31/22-01/1/23)

Day 40 Saturday(12/31/22)
I still was not home this day but I did run home for about 20 minutes or so in the morning to check on the girls. They were lightly watered and still begging to be transplanted into bigger pots. I still did not get my soil delivery as I was watching my email and delivery status all day. In the first picture you can see GP2 in the back to the right and GP3 on the left.
In the second picture you can see GP1 to the right “in front” of GP2. I must have been really rushing this day as I didn’t take any singular shots when I went home. I was really keeping my fingers crossed that the girls would hang on till the soil delivery so I could replant. These pictures were taken before watering.
A4F6A252-BFC3-488D-919E-FA01BAF0A0ED.jpeg
5578E5A0-E124-4248-BC30-3ABE6139DCC7.jpeg

Day 41- Sunday/ New Years Day(01/01/2023🥳)

This pictures were taken from the cam inside the tent. I remembered to snap them by some miracle while I was in my right mind as I was not home this day… at all😩. I planned to go home once this day as I had done every single day up until this point, i really did. But things did not go as planned, I spent the new year with family and close friends so it was definitely time well spent. Although I was put on cocktail making duty (I do not drink much, just wine here and there I have had other things but definitely the last thing I would drink is any type of dark liquor) So while I was mixing the drinks and prepping them for everyone, I had to constantly taste to make sure the flavors were balanced. By taste I mean pour myself a little shot of the drinks. I guess I tasted a bit too much or too frequently but I really wanted to get it right because I wanted the others to enjoy them. I made vegas bombs, manhattans, tequila sunrises, old fashions, mimosas(in large quantities meaning I was doubling and tripling the recipes ) since it was requested of me. I was just following the recipes that were given, and i’ve had all of these things at least once in my life so I could vaguely remember how they were suppose to taste. VAGUELY😂. Long story short before all of this I was a tad stoned to begin with. By the end of the cocktail making I was extremely tipsy but everyone said the drinks were great and that I should be on cocktail duty for all the parties😂 i’m happy they enjoyed them but that will NOT be happening. I did not drive home that day or at all, my fiancće drove us back to the city and I was K’O’d.
To make matters worse my soil delivery came that day🤦🏾‍♀️🤦🏾‍♀️🤦🏾‍♀️🤦🏾‍♀️( I found out the next morning)

As you can see GP1 is slightly slumped over and during this time of the day GP2 and GP3 were doing “okay”.. but you can imagine what I woke up to the next morning.😅
F2490712-D8CD-45AA-8616-8B3B4D5C55E8.jpeg
11A4ACC2-548E-4862-A039-8E655AACEB04.jpeg

I am aware that this happened due to my negligence, i’m not mad at all and will fully take responsibility for my actions, or lack there of🤣🤣🤣

I truly wish everyone a wonderful new year filled with many blessings and happiness.💙

Good Morning Everyone. I have been playing journal catchup this morning and am now back home as of yesterday. I hope everyone had an amazing start to the new year. I decided to combine these two days because the update for Sunday will be very short😅( I had too much fun and was a horrible plant mom as you will see below).

Day 40 - Day 41 Saturday and Sunday (12/31/22-01/1/23)

Day 40 Saturday(12/31/22)
I still was not home this day but I did run home for about 20 minutes or so in the morning to check on the girls. They were lightly watered and still begging to be transplanted into bigger pots. I still did not get my soil delivery as I was watching my email and delivery status all day. In the first picture you can see GP2 in the back to the right and GP3 on the left.
In the second picture you can see GP1 to the right “in front” of GP2. I must have been really rushing this day as I didn’t take any singular shots when I went home. I was really keeping my fingers crossed that the girls would hang on till the soil delivery so I could replant. These pictures were taken before watering.
A4F6A252-BFC3-488D-919E-FA01BAF0A0ED.jpeg
5578E5A0-E124-4248-BC30-3ABE6139DCC7.jpeg

Day 41- Sunday/ New Years Day(01/01/2023🥳)

This pictures were taken from the cam inside the tent. I remembered to snap them by some miracle while I was in my right mind as I was not home this day… at all😩. I planned to go home once this day as I had done every single day up until this point, i really did. But things did not go as planned, I spent the new year with family and close friends so it was definitely time well spent. Although I was put on cocktail making duty (I do not drink much, just wine here and there I have had other things but definitely the last thing I would drink is any type of dark liquor) So while I was mixing the drinks and prepping them for everyone, I had to constantly taste to make sure the flavors were balanced. By taste I mean pour myself a little shot of the drinks. I guess I tasted a bit too much or too frequently but I really wanted to get it right because I wanted the others to enjoy them. I made vegas bombs, manhattans, tequila sunrises, old fashions, mimosas(in large quantities meaning I was doubling and tripling the recipes ) since it was requested of me. I was just following the recipes that were given, and i’ve had all of these things at least once in my life so I could vaguely remember how they were suppose to taste. VAGUELY😂. Long story short before all of this I was a tad stoned to begin with. By the end of the cocktail making I was extremely tipsy but everyone said the drinks were great and that I should be on cocktail duty for all the parties😂 i’m happy they enjoyed them but that will NOT be happening. I did not drive home that day or at all, my fiancće drove us back to the city and I was K’O’d.
To make matters worse my soil delivery came that day🤦🏾‍♀️🤦🏾‍♀️🤦🏾‍♀️🤦🏾‍♀️( I found out the next morning)

As you can see GP1 is slightly slumped over and during this time of the day GP2 and GP3 were doing “okay”.. but you can imagine what I woke up to the next morning.😅
F2490712-D8CD-45AA-8616-8B3B4D5C55E8.jpeg
11A4ACC2-548E-4862-A039-8E655AACEB04.jpeg

I am aware that this happened due to my negligence, i’m not mad at all and will fully take responsibility for my actions, or lack there of🤣🤣🤣

I truly wish everyone a wonderful new year filled with many blessings and happiness.💙
Sounds like you had a blast, Happy New year.. Did you ever find the pots you were looking for?

Hey CH (Lex? :) )

I want to reassure you about the up-pot. The plants will be fine for a while without an up-pot. I want to show you some photos of @InTheShed 's solo cup Candida he was growing as an experiment if I remember correctly. This plant has survived the solo cup for ages as below. @InTheShed I am sorry I couldn't gallery embed the photos as the feature is not working:

Roots after 174 days
full

Plant at 188 days ready for a trim
full

Day 42- Monday(01/02/23) Part 1

Luckily for me I do not get hangovers, never have🤷🏾‍♀️. So I woke up somewhat early the next day(around 5:30am or so), jumped out bed… gave my fiancé a scare as I exclaimed the plants! I flew home, we had some crazy haze/ fog yesterday morning.
75CE508E-8CFE-47C1-AE0F-AFC0295C4784.jpeg

This is what I came home to🫣🫣🫣
These pictures were taken at 6:11am

GP1- She was bent over backwards from disgust at my behavior (also she needed to be watered and repotted/transplanted but i’m sure it was mostly disgust 😉)
5DF47329-119F-48C8-8EFD-3A757F48FD1E.jpeg

GP2- She was “disappointed” very droopy and gave me a slow disappointing head shake .
BA6FEEA0-248E-4D75-B6B5-38AF5CF75643.jpeg

GP3- She was also disappointed but not as uptight as the other two girls .
5576E63F-B2F8-43EB-9C11-2BDEB25420B3.jpeg

All of the girls were heavily watered, and the RH was cranked up to a high of 85. Then I ran downstairs to the front and back door looking everywhere for my soil delivery I could not find it anywhere😥 so I left and made a few calls to see if any of my family had stopped by the house to snag it for me(since they knew we weren’t home. Luckily my mother had stopped by Sunday morning before attended the new years eve brunch/party to borrow some of our gardening/ yard supplies out of the garage saw the packages and placed it in her car which she planned to give to me at the brunch/party but of course she forgot to mention any of this to me😂😂

I was just grateful I found them, although I wasn’t too worried. We’ve never had any packages disappear no matter how long we’ve left them outside.

I returned home later that evening after retrieving the soil. Part two coming next 🫡

Sounds like you had a blast, Happy New year.. Did you ever find the pots you were looking for?
I did, and yes! For some reason I found them at a Lowe's while I was downtown. Apparently around here most of the garden centers only have those seasonally, after that all you can really find are the ceramic tiny pots. I will be reserving those for my autos 😁

Hey CH (Lex? :) )

I want to reassure you about the up-pot. The plants will be fine for a while without an up-pot. I want to show you some photos of @InTheShed 's solo cup Candida he was growing as an experiment if I remember correctly. This plant has survived the solo cup for ages as below. @InTheShed I am sorry I couldn't gallery embed the photos as the feature is not working:

Roots after 174 days
full

Plant at 188 days ready for a trim
full
Thank you so much for the reassurance, that’s actually an amazing and really cool experiment! I love that use of clear so we can see everything well… clearly for lack of a better word😊. Lex, Alexis, Lexy, CH are all fine with me whichever you prefer😊

Day 42- Monday(01/02/23) Part 2

To start off a tent camera picture from later on that day
EC0BDA92-D242-4819-B173-A5B3C4AE1658.jpeg

The next picture was right before transplant when I returned home at 6:59pm typically lights would be off at 7pm but they got 30 minutes of extra light so I could transplant
D44D1089-329D-4351-B0E5-6F7D3CC83C40.jpeg

GP3
She finally came out of her 0.5 gallon pot and was transplanted into her 1 gallon pot.
E48CDBB0-2AF7-488E-8BD3-FA2479D83AD7.jpeg

GP1
She was transferred from her 1 gallon to a 2.5 gallon pot
837A249B-34A1-4B94-A8F8-7112D69D86ED.jpeg

GP2
She was also transferred from her 1 gallon to her 2.5 gallon pot. I saw some brown on her roots I will be watching her closely.
D17B9ABF-6A6B-47A7-87F0-BAADCF19569E.jpeg

All pots were filled with 75% fox farm ocean soil, and 25% worm castings.

This was after a tiny bit of water and LST
C126B223-C3A4-40D3-8184-AB062DD2DB4A.jpeg

I have moved the pots closer again for the time being while RH is high.

Happy Growing💙💙

Back
Top Bottom