My Introduction To DWC Hydroponics

Happy Thanksgiving and Happy Growing Maritimer girls are looking great .
Thanks bro,
LOL I was in bed already when you posted. Full belly and good nite. :hookah:
I am going bonkers with my ppm pen. I was so busy worried about keeping the bubblers alive, I felt sick seeing a fully developed pollen sac on my last Red Sky from @StoneOtter. That plant was supposed to be the one female out of eight finally sexed plants. Nope, she was a boy. This cowboy aint judging, but boyz in girls clothes dont fly in my garden. Yep, the last Red Sky was a slow developing boy. But I still have one known female in hydro. What a goof.

Happy Thanksgiving to the entire Maritimer family!
Thank you bro
hope you and the family enjoy the holiday
is your son still playing ball?

Thanks bro,
LOL I was in bed already when you posted. Full belly and good nite. :hookah:
I am going bonkers with my ppm pen. I was so busy worried about keeping the bubblers alive, I felt sick seeing a fully developed pollen sac on my last Red Sky from @StoneOtter. That plant was supposed to be the one female out of eight finally sexed plants. Nope, she was a boy. This cowboy aint judging, but boyz in girls clothes dont fly in my garden. Yep, the last Red Sky was a slow developing boy. But I still have one known female in hydro. What a goof.
That's got to be a record! 7 8 out of 8 male? Yikes!

No kidding! I just did 3 for 1 for insurance! 8 for 8 and that's a fantastic cultivar in my book! One of our very favorites!
I could not believe it. If I was hoping for a male, do you think I could have grabbed eight girls? Heck no. Kinda why I don't bet on sports.

Ahoy There,
Bubbler question of sorts. Every day when I take the last reading of adjusted PH and ppm, I record the numbers.

Let say last just for ease of calculations, my adjusted PH is at 5.8 and 1000 ppm. and I write it down.
Next day when I take a sample (before topping off) I get higher ppm readings?
I would think that means she is drinking, but not eating.
But the plant looks to be growing pretty well.

I am sure @West Hippie or @Rexer can explain why this is happening.
I have no clue

Ahoy There,
Bubbler question of sorts. Every day when I take the last reading of adjusted PH and ppm, I record the numbers.

Let say last just for ease of calculations, my adjusted PH is at 5.8 and 1000 ppm. and I write it down.

I have no clue
How much solution is being used in that time frame?
What is the reading if you just top off with water?

Ahoy There,

I have no clue
Hey Maritimer!
Ok, so the first reading is from a reservoir reset?

if your 1st reading is after topping off with plain water, then the next day after you've topped off again with plain water, and there is still a rise in PPM then something is off.

Make sure both readings are taken from the same water level. That's where the consistent part is needed.

why does it matter? As the plant drinks the water, it leaves behind food/ppm. As water level drops, it becomes more saturated.
if you taking your reading from the same water level, your looking to see if whats leftover has been saturated higher, or if the food/ppm saturation has dropped.
Your on the right track, and quite possibly can explain it better. Sometimes it just takes that different wording to make something "click" (or at least for me).

Ahoy There,

I have no clue
1669484542959.jpeg

Hi @Hafta ,
Just this morning as I poured in fresh top off r/o I thought to myself, I wonder if I should be measuring the amount of fluid I add every day. Today she took a good part of a quart. The time frame is around 24 hours.

Hey Maritimer!
Ok, so the first reading is from a reservoir reset?
Started with fresh bucket on Wed.
if your 1st reading is after topping off with plain water, then the next day after you've topped off again with plain water, and there is still a rise in PPM then something is off.

Make sure both readings are taken from the same water level. That's where the consistent part is needed.
This is my morning routine so far.
Observe solution level = record
Observe room temp/humidity = record
Take sample = record temp, ppm, & P H (this is what I questioned being higher than previous)
Top off bucket with r/o = record temp, ppm, & P H.
Adjust for P/H to 5.8 = record final PH and ppm.

Of these data points what do you compare?

You should measure "top off with RO" reading before adjusting pH with the previous morning's "adjust for pH to 5.8" ppm reading (final reading).
This way you are seeing what was consumed before you adjust the pH with a buffering agent (pH UP or pH down, both will change your ppm reading). Your RO should be reasonably close to a pH of 5.8 - 6.1 (measure so you know). You should see your ppm drop because you just diluted the reservoir. The amount it drops is the amount the plant has consumed.
Now, adjust the pH and create a new reading to be used tomorrow.

Started with fresh bucket on Wed.
I'm going to make some suggestions for the chore list...
Also see what NH and Hafta has said :) I think this should line up everyone's suggestions?
This is my morning routine so far.
Observe solution level = record temp and level
Step 1= Perfect
Observe room temp/humidity = record
Step 2= Perfect
Top off bucket with r/o = record temp, ppm, & P H. And amount added to top off
Step 3 above- I made a change here and that Step here
Do this top off, then take your sample to see how much has been consumed.
Adjust for P/H to 5.8 = record final PH and ppm.
That would be final Step. You can, and maybe should go with 5.5 and drift to 6.3. If you ever want to get into heavy reading on PH, click the link in my signature.
@Hafta And @Northern Hydro can you double check? I'm sore and highly medicated :laugh:
Of these data points what do you compare?
All of the reservoir parameters from the previous day/reading of the tank (give at least 4-5 hours for any changes to be observable).

i gotta soft spot for maritimers …sending happy vibes to all :ganjamon:
Me too, Maritimer is such an amazing person.

Sunday morning.

Bucket Level = down 1/4 inch
Fluid Temp = 70.8*
Yesterdays close= 1020 ppm. PH 5.95
First check = 1020 ppm. PH 5.97
Add 800 ml RO = top off
2nd Check = 485 ppm. PH 5.98
I was surprised and went for a dab before rechecking.
Recheck = 480 ppm. PH 5.99
Adjusted for PH add 1/2 ml down = PH 5.16 (too much)
add 1/4 up = PH 5.82
Final record = 482 ppm. PH 5.82

Going by what @Hafta says she ate a lot of her available chow? over half? does this sound right?
she looks good this morning. i will grab a picture

Back
Top Bottom