My Low Budget Medical Grow

Impressive!
:thanks:
I am pretty happy with the grow now with it having the looks of any of my best HID grows I feel. First the Led light does work and when I get 2 of them in there it should be a tad better.
And most important is cutting out the bottled nutrients. NO grow,bloom or bloom booster and the little fish in veg and calmag once in flower can be eliminated. As much as I dont want chemicals and stuff I still had that urge or greed to give them more for bigger buds
I kept second guessing my light and fertilizer used but pushed on with just water,Now they are soo close and swelling well for me I am
satisfied with this easy cheaper growing style. And another bonus is the spidermites not around along same with fungus nats or anything not good.I do have a couple of these weird fly looking things that I know have came from my compost I brought in but do not harm the plants.either they eat compost or other bugs? They have been here last year and only bother the wife when escaping grow space and loose in the bathroom.
I have to say thanks for some inspiration to this grow style form you COorganics. Its not your recipe or as good but its from the whole collection of info posted over there and I am very pleased so far:thumb:

Here are some pictures I took last night
daves_02125.JPG

daves_02028.JPG

JH 66 days flower
daves_01146.JPG

daves_01055.JPG

I really need to harvest that bigger JH and wished all of her buds finished up better since these new pistils and calyxes probably wont swell up really.Thats OK because these buds are solid and so is most of the lower popcorn that never received strong light and a couple toppers look finished up not all of them are still growing like that
BC 52 days flower
daves_01633.JPG

daves_01729.JPG

BB 66 days flower one topper I topped and how its going crazy again. I think this plant will need more than a 12 week flower maybe 13 or 14 weeks.
daves_01445.JPG

Not sure at the moment on these toppers of my smaller pots either Purple Bud or Jack Herer clones at 49 days flower I think top PB and bottom JH
daves_01827.JPG

daves_01347.JPG

I also put all these leaves from those plants that had fallen, as far back and also included to the clones I thinned out when I transplanted from solo cups to bigger containers, into the worm bin where I took out a solo cupful of its compost to sort out worms and eggs and uneaten or not fully decomposed material to put in a bubbling bucket of water I gave time to lose some chlorine.2 teaspoons of molasses too. Its for my JH clone to be put in flower and the other veg plants too.I also want to add it to the cooking mix for my the transplants I need to still do since its drying up some
daves_00664.JPG

:drool::peace:

looking great. i hope i get flowers like that soon.

Thankyou b.real I kinda think your last light was not right and cant wait to see your next one. I know you were thinking 60x3w, I was thinking the 48x3w reflector along with your cfls would be nice too. I see good things so far on cfls helping out my led.I am close to getting one more reflector here that will help out on a little heat this summer:passitleft:.

Is that sensi seeds JH reg seed? Forgive me if you mentioned that earlier here. Curious, I'm smoking some of that as I type. Mine looked to be the A pheno and is very potent. I dig, although not enough to do again. Though I can see regretting that when I run out. :)

Hey COorganics . My JH clones are from a BlackSkullSeeds Jack Herer fem seed. I have enjoyed it at different lengths growing and am not sure how many generations of clones Im at really now. I almost lost the strain with the one on the chopping block being only survivor. If I did loose it I would have replaced with a real deal sensi seed.
I do feel its potent and it seems to grow well in my ways and I have a better situation to keep it going now.
I am thinking of cutting the JH at 69 days from flip tonight actually.My replacement clone of her even after being trained is growing up and burning leaves in my T5. Im also leaving my lights at 11 hours on and 13 hours off going into flower with the others left in there.

I went to chop down my JH clone at 69 days of flowering and ended up chopping 2 plants
Here are some pictures of that JH going down
daves_00573.JPG

daves_00850.JPG
daves_00757.JPG

daves_01255.JPG

daves_01446.JPG

daves_01348.JPG

daves_00186.JPG

For all the big fan leaves I trimmed off I will just compost them and when these dry out I plan to trim the sugar leaves lightly leaving any coated in resin.I didnt wet weigh it or pinch any from her and will give weight when dry.It looks to qualify for 2 zips I feel.

My unplanned harvest of the BLue Cheese happened afterwards looking at it see bentor folded over toppers and branches not strong enough to support. It was only 8 weeks flowered and I really feel I took her early on my first grow of it but by the looks I still think there will be worthy buds. Im able to better plan out future clone grows of this Big BUddha fem BLue Cheese seed plant
daves_00187.JPG

daves_00279.JPG

daves_00368.JPG

daves_00278.JPG

daves_00367.JPG

Im doing the same on the leaves and still think I will have 2 off her.:Namaste:

This Berry Bomb clone is working hard on her buds they are getting pretty big.I have to let this one go as long as needed. She takes up this much space
daves_00667.JPG

daves_00955.JPG

daves_00852.JPG
daves_01147.JPG
daves_01059.JPG

These pictures are of flower day 71 and the pistil growth seems to be done and some turning
Here are the toppers of the little pots
PB2 53 days flower
daves_01256.JPG

JH2 53 days flower
daves_01349.JPG

PB1 40 days flower with JH2 in background
daves_01447.JPG

this JH clone on day 2 of flower and already looks ready to stretch even with the burnt leaves
daves_01635.JPG

daves_01731.JPG

:thanks: profesor x I was feeling the same way and when they looked dried and shrunk up I was man too early again. I did enjoy leaving that much leaf on because they really shrunk and final trim was easy also because there was alot of thrichome covered leaf I had left. So after 5 days drying in my box I could smoke small popcorn buds with no harshness. The taste is great,the bluecheese my best I grew ever in that area. I started trimming and realized I forgot a picture
daves_00191.JPG

These flowers were dry but the stems not fully and I just left jars open overnight to start and will have to burp and monitor them this next week or few days.
3 jars JH at 24g,28g,and 10g for 62g total. I think some more moisture loss will still keep her at 2oz all buds included
daves_00371.JPG

I was way off on guessing BC weight. It was early for sure by at least 2 weeks and I feel lucky that it still is a worthy yield of flavorful strong meds :Namaste: . 30g and 20g jars here that should be closer to 1.5 oz when done with dry/cure. I have to keep an eye on lower buds because she had most less than popcorn bud fluff that I left on stems for later.
daves_00190.JPG

the overnight lid off dry
daves_00282.JPG

The buds were not huge but did fill jars with decent weight and crystals galore:)

Hey breal I am all for led man.I have a smaller led light you could say with only 96 3w leds. I have figured I would do better with a second reflector tho. It is really cool to see how much thrichome production has increased. Overall I had 6 plants in there and 2 of them harvest 3.5 and with 4 more,3 being smaller I think I should double that realistically when I harvest them. Thats good for me.Even with the cfl side lighting I didnt hit 400w same as when I replace them with another 96x3w reflector I wont. I do think there are better and more powerful penetrating leds that come with bigger price and more heat since alot of them go 5w leds. I am pleased with making this switch in my space on my budget from at first 400wHID to 600wHID to cheaper LED helped by cfls.
In my world before this harvest I was out for too long and had to get some street stuff ,couldnt afford dispensary meds. Even tho they worked the price was outragous for this low budget grower.seeded half- 150,seed free 1/8 -50 seeded bricked 25g -100.
I will get some closeups on the harvestd buds to better show off my best run off this led so far tonight:peace:

I was hoping the 96x3w led light could produce as much as a stronger hps light. to be fair we should compare a 96x3w led light to a 250 watt hps light. I'm on the edge about a 60x3w led light or getting a tried and true 150 watt hps light (especially since it still hasn't shipped yet). maybe I'll try the led light and if it doesn't produce as much as I want it to I'll sell it and get a 150 watt hps? or should I skip over the led light and go straight to hps? I'm looking forward to those pictures.

I was hoping the 96x3w led light could produce as much as a stronger hps light. to be fair we should compare a 96x3w led light to a 250 watt hps light. I'm on the edge about a 60x3w led light or getting a tried and true 150 watt hps light (especially since it still hasn't shipped yet). maybe I'll try the led light and if it doesn't produce as much as I want it to I'll sell it and get a 150 watt hps? or should I skip over the led light and go straight to hps? I'm looking forward to those pictures.

Im hoping this new led coming will work better for ya breal. I would tho with either 60x3w or 150 hps use cfls for additional lighting. I have those clamp cfl reflectors that push all the light forward losing less in opposite direction. They were like $8 at local grocery store meijer. they also have a bigger version too.I screwed a split socket in it with 2 bulbs fitting.I think that could help out your cfl bulbs concentrating light and easier to spread out and move around then your strips.a good investment to me.
One more thought is hps vegging stretch and would a metal halide be better in short space.
I also think a couple week cfl only veg up in ur closet trained low with lst first would add worthy weight if you could pull that off ,but that is changing up your ways:passitleft::passitleft::passitleft:

those buds look great. I'm not allowed to give you anymore reputation lol. I don't mind switching things up. I went from hps to cfls now to leds. I might try mh in the future or even go back to hps if the leds don't do it for me. oh yeah there is always t5 lighting too. so many choices lol.

Back
Top Bottom