Cplchris

Good day all you fine people. This is my second grow ever and I am very excited. My first was several years ago and I have changed things up a bit. I grow for the peace and serenity it gives me. Not just the final product but the process itself. I have severe ptsd among other issues so this gives me some focus and happiness in my life. You were all so very helpful with my first grow and it turned out very successful. Well let’s get to it here is the goods:

4 autos: 1 white widow from cks.
1 AK-47 I49
1 Great white shark I49
1 Northern Lights I49

Light: currently under 1 Mars Hydro TS600. My new SF 2000 will be here Saturday. So excited! Running 20/4 on a timer

Tent: Gorilla shorty 2x4 x 5 ft 8 inches.

Medium: Mycortizae.
3 gallon fabric pots

3 - 4 inch clip fans.

Carbon filter with fan - air is moved from inside basement to the garage. Fan is attached to a controller with day night temp limits.

1 humidifier as where I live it is very dry right now. It is attached to a humidity controller.

Temperature is between 75 and 85. RH is 60% give or take 5. I have a wifi humidity controller on the way.

2 cameras are monitoring the grow so I can check while at work.

Water is PH down to 6.3. Using nutri plus nutrients same as last time at 1/4 strength starting week 3. Just water until then. Feeding every 3-4 days. More often for seedlings but using a spray bottle.

Here are some pictures. Please let me know what you think! Thank you so much

8CAD6DFC-DE73-46B9-9A69-E6817093C730.jpeg

C912A7EF-B4C9-4772-8DF1-64C51301AE1F.jpeg

0141F8F0-20F6-45DC-BC97-863586F4BE12.jpeg

18AADB84-1B51-46A8-BFFC-23AA8DF4AB46.jpeg

72316C9C-9D66-416B-8D1E-DB8BC9C4863E.jpeg

DCDFD5AC-4D23-49EC-AFBA-EA195CC70A88.jpeg

6638200E-8EBB-4BF9-B114-93D02D615FC4.jpeg

15262DC2-6179-40D7-850A-FAF7D3065A82.jpeg

45AD6410-F2BD-43D1-BE87-25A40D6EB268.png

1BD7E322-E48B-4AD0-97E3-4C22EC08C8B6.png

Nice setup you have there, good way there to automate things with a dripline, a pump and a reservoir, few peristaltic pumps and arduino's or pi's.. you seem to like tinkering, quite a lot of info out there to not have to start from scratch.

Looking forward to seeing what you are doing here :)

That camera, I would be concerned about using it's nightvision mode during their dark period. Plants do pick up IR, not sure to what degree it would stress them with snapshot use, I would bet not, but for videos or just frequent looking I would be very careful during flower.

Nice setup you have there, good way there to automate things with a dripline, a pump and a reservoir, few peristaltic pumps and arduino's or pi's.. you seem to like tinkering, quite a lot of info out there to not have to start from scratch.

Looking forward to seeing what you are doing here :)

That camera, I would be concerned about using it's nightvision mode during their dark period. Plants do pick up IR, not sure to what degree it would stress them with snapshot use, I would bet not, but for videos or just frequent looking I would be very careful during flower.
Thank you @PlanetJ my friend. Yes the auto watering I have been looking into for sure and will be going in that direction soon. The info about the camera is very good to know… I had not thought of that… I will turn off the infrared night setting. Thank you for jumping in!

Good set up! Welcome back to growing! One good thing about Auto's is no need to worry about light leaks... If they were photo's it would definitely be a concern...

:hookah:

Good set up! Welcome back to growing! One good thing about Auto's is no need to worry about light leaks... If they were photo's it would definitely be a concern...

:hookah:
Thank you @Vegan4life ! Please explain more about the light leaks. I would like to grow 1 or 2 photos on my next try. Thank you!

How much cal mag in ppm should I be adding to the feeding
Depends on your nutrient line. For General Hydroponics (Terra Aquatica) Tri-Part: none, it has it in the micro.
For others, ymmv and it depends on if your main nutrient line has it, and what kind of water you are using. If you are using above soft tap water, you might not need it either.

If you post your nutrient line, I'm sure someone can share their experience on if its required or not.

Thank you @Vegan4life ! Please explain more about the light leaks. I would like to grow 1 or 2 photos on my next try. Thank you!
Hello again, when photos are vegging most give them 18 hours of light and 6 hours of darkness. When you want them to flower you change light schedule to 12 hours lights on and 12 hours of darkness. If while during flower the dark period is interrupted with light or a light leak into the tent your plants may not flower or revert to vegging.

may not flower or revert to vegging.
More often they hermie on you, but they are not that sensitive as people make it out to be. I open my tents in their dark period with room light on (not tent lights of course) to snap a few proper pictures, and never had any issues.

I also flowered my last grow in my current WiFi tent with the cable sleeve open, allowing (very) dim light in, and casting a bright spot on my wall with the tent light on.. no issues due to that either.

Think of it this way: if you grow photo's outside, moonlight would hermie your plants if it was that bad. I never hear reports on that ;)

Good day all you fine people. This is my second grow ever and I am very excited. My first was several years ago and I have changed things up a bit. I grow for the peace and serenity it gives me. Not just the final product but the process itself. I have severe ptsd among other issues so this gives me some focus and happiness in my life. You were all so very helpful with my first grow and it turned out very successful. Well let’s get to it here is the goods:

4 autos: 1 white widow from cks.
1 AK-47 I49
1 Great white shark I49
1 Northern Lights I49

Light: currently under 1 Mars Hydro TS600. My new SF 2000 will be here Saturday. So excited! Running 20/4 on a timer

Tent: Gorilla shorty 2x4 x 5 ft 8 inches.

Medium: Mycortizae.
3 gallon fabric pots

3 - 4 inch clip fans.

Carbon filter with fan - air is moved from inside basement to the garage. Fan is attached to a controller with day night temp limits.

1 humidifier as where I live it is very dry right now. It is attached to a humidity controller.

Temperature is between 75 and 85. RH is 60% give or take 5. I have a wifi humidity controller on the way.

2 cameras are monitoring the grow so I can check while at work.

Water is PH down to 6.3. Using nutri plus nutrients same as last time at 1/4 strength starting week 3. Just water until then. Feeding every 3-4 days. More often for seedlings but using a spray bottle.

Here are some pictures. Please let me know what you think! Thank you so much

8CAD6DFC-DE73-46B9-9A69-E6817093C730.jpeg

C912A7EF-B4C9-4772-8DF1-64C51301AE1F.jpeg

0141F8F0-20F6-45DC-BC97-863586F4BE12.jpeg

18AADB84-1B51-46A8-BFFC-23AA8DF4AB46.jpeg

72316C9C-9D66-416B-8D1E-DB8BC9C4863E.jpeg

DCDFD5AC-4D23-49EC-AFBA-EA195CC70A88.jpeg

6638200E-8EBB-4BF9-B114-93D02D615FC4.jpeg

15262DC2-6179-40D7-850A-FAF7D3065A82.jpeg

45AD6410-F2BD-43D1-BE87-25A40D6EB268.png

1BD7E322-E48B-4AD0-97E3-4C22EC08C8B6.png
Lol, I think you are out of space.

Think of it this way: if you grow photo's outside, moonlight would hermie your plants if it was that bad. I never hear reports on that
I don't think we can even come close comparing growing outdoors under the intense sunshine to indoors under our artificial lighting...

I don't think we can even come close comparing growing outdoors under the intense sunshine to indoors under our artificial lighting...
Im pretty sure my tents put out more light than the sun does over here... not in the summer perhaps, but definitely now. The point is also not that the sun is on average more intense, but that the moon is brighter than a tiny light leak in an indoor tent. And if it doesnt hermie from that, I wouldnt expect it to hermie from a small leak, and so far, had no hermies.

Should work for Indica or Sativa, just do some LST to them, and keep them tied down, it’ll keep the height down and increase your yield.. when they hit 50% of the available height, flip em.
Awesome thank you @Phytoplankton . I like that news as I can save a few bucks. I have never done LST but I have read about it and look forward to trying some. After these autos I would like to try my hand at a photo. Just need to pick a seed and strain…. Hard to narrow it down to only 1 or 2 as so many great strains and seed companies out there. Have a wonderful day my friend.

Back
Top Bottom