Mars 2 LED Beginners Grow - FFOF - DWC

I've never heard of those auto strains but I really don't keep up with the auto offerings.

I did grow one auto once that was a freebie. It was a Sweet Skunk Auto. I put it in a basket outside in an area that didn't get much sun (3pm to sunset only) and didn't really do anything other than give it tapwater when it looked thirsty.

I ended up with around 30ish grams after drying which was quite a surprise and the smoke was really nice.
After a 4 week cure the bud was just as good or better than some photoperiod strains that I've grown in the past. It changed my whole outlook on autos that's for sure.

You get so much conflicting info on autos. So your saying the THC levels on them can be just as high as a photo period plant? Ive never grown one just always here they are not as strong so the high isn't as good. Ive wanted to try them since they grow so fast but the smaller yields and me being told they aren't as potent has made me alil weary of them.

You get so much conflicting info on autos. So your saying the THC levels on them can be just as high as a photo period plant? Ive never grown one just always here they are not as strong so the high isn't as good. Ive wanted to try them since they grow so fast but the smaller yields and me being told they aren't as potent has made me alil weary of them.

I do believe auto's can give very good yields and strong tasty weed. :smokin:

I haven't come across one yet
but then everyones tastes differ
I feel there is a similar taste with autos especially if the
ruderalis is strong in the plant
the more you breed it out the less of an auto it will be
some of the better autos from what ive heard usually take longer to finish
in which case you could have just grown a photo period plant

The Sweet Skunk auto that I grew out on my balcony was a free seed that was included with a seed order. I never really had any interest in auto's and to be honest I still don't have much interest in growing them.
I prefer traditional photoperiod cannabis sativa both for the gardening experience as well as the overall quality and effect. IMHO most autos are inferior to most quality photoperiod strains.

Because of the simplicity of autos I do think that autos are a match made in heaven for those who do not have the space, the expensive indoor grow equipment, time, patience, or gardening skills to tackle a traditional photoperiod grow.

The Sweet Skunk that I grew out had a very sweet taste with a hint of berries and a skunky undertone. The effect was not as good as most quality photoperiod strains but I would not hesitate to say that both the taste and effect were much better than some bag weed that I've purchased at premium market price. I'd say it was a 7 out of 10 on the UncleC scale.

Something else to consider is that not everyone likes their herbs loaded with too much THC and would prefer something a bit more tame.

what light will you be growing your autos under ?

and what will you be growing in?

coco I assume bitches love coco:rofl:

im going to pop all 5 seeds and see how man germinate under the marshydro reflector 48x3. i want to put 4 under the mars 144x5 in my 2x4x5 tent depending on how big they get i may have to put some in my 32"x32"x60" tent under the mars2 700 so it will be a 100% mars led grow :circle-of-love: and yes bitches do love coco haha, im going to do 2 in a straight coco+perlite mix and 2 in coco loco from foxfarms :Namaste:we'll see what happens with the 5th and we'll decide what to put it if it germ's

My seeds showed up today, wife just handed them to me. You are a lucky charm :woohoo:

glad to help man lol :volcano-smiley:

so auto's have less potential then most photo period plants but what matters more is the overall growing conditions and growers experience. so a bad grower that grows a high potential photo period plant could be much worse than an auto because it was grown properly. i really want to get a perfect grow under my belt and auto's are ment to be user friendly

I haven't come across one yet
but then everyones tastes differ
I feel there is a similar taste with autos especially if the
ruderalis is strong in the plant
the more you breed it out the less of an auto it will be
some of the better autos from what ive heard usually take longer to finish
in which case you could have just grown a photo period plant

these are both 80 days from start to finish so not to short but def a quick finisher, well we'll see what happens i guess haha :volcano-smiley:

Re: The dopest dope...

I do believe auto's can give very good yields and strong tasty weed. :smokin:

i've heard they produce some pretty decent tasty herb as well :hookah:

The Sweet Skunk auto that I grew out on my balcony was a free seed that was included with a seed order. I never really had any interest in auto's and to be honest I still don't have much interest in growing them.
I prefer traditional photoperiod cannabis sativa both for the gardening experience as well as the overall quality and effect. IMHO most autos are inferior to most quality photoperiod strains.

Because of the simplicity of autos I do think that autos are a match made in heaven for those who do not have the space, the expensive indoor grow equipment, time, patience, or gardening skills to tackle a traditional photoperiod grow.

The Sweet Skunk that I grew out had a very sweet taste with a hint of berries and a skunky undertone. The effect was not as good as most quality photoperiod strains but I would not hesitate to say that both the taste and effect were much better than some bag weed that I've purchased at premium market price. I'd say it was a 7 out of 10 on the UncleC scale.

Something else to consider is that not everyone likes their herbs loaded with too much THC and would prefer something a bit more tame.

agreed! and i feel that im haveing a few problems with my grows that i want to get a few easy growing plants under my belt and just get things in lock before i really invest in a bigger grow area and buy large amount of seeds to pheno hunt or whatever my love for the herb leads me :love:

Making those Mars Hydro lights look good. :thumb:

Thanx man! i know there not the best but im liking my results with them so far and you really cant beat the price. i honestly think they are some of the best lights for beginners looking to make a first long term light as it helps keep temps and watt consumption low. this is only really my 3rd grow and i'm liking my results. in a year or 2 when these lights go out ill either look into some quality LED's, HID or whatever new tech is out there :Namaste:

I suggest that you forget everything you've been told about autos being lightweights and try one out yourself. I think you'll be just as surprised as I was. With a bit of research you should be able to find something that would match the flavor and effect that you prefer.

Keep in mind that some of the hardest hitting sativas out there have THC values of 12 to 15% but the complex combinations of other cannabanoid compounds come together to make a strain that will have you stoned out of your mind. Think....Dude....where's my car?...kind of stoned all with only 12% THC. Something to consider.

I suggest that you forget everything you've been told about autos being lightweights and try one out yourself. I think you'll be just as surprised as I was. With a bit of research you should be able to find something that would match the flavor and effect that you prefer.

Keep in mind that some of the hardest hitting sativas out there have THC values of 12 to 15% but the complex combinations of other cannabanoid compounds come together to make a strain that will have you stoned out of your mind. Think....Dude....where's my car?...kind of stoned all with only 12% THC. Something to consider.

Sounds good bro!

Week 24 update

Week 8 1/2 of flower and both plants look like there fading but i only see a few amber trich's here and there when i look though my 100x microscope. i dont really see many clear trich's either but i really want some couch lock weed for at night so i want to get a good 10%-20% amber trich's before i pull them so im thinking about maybe giving them 10-11 weeks if it looks like the plants can handle it. im getting some burning on the leaf tips while it is fading and the PH is coming out on point so it looks like the plants is just wanting to finish up and im sure some of that is damage from the PH issue i was having. both plants are looking good with the golden goat putting up the bigger chunkier buds, the roslyn road has much frostier nugs and the neon orange hairs and bud structure give it awesome bag appeal. the density is very nice on both with a little edge going to the roslyn road. and the smells are the same as there mothers, golden goat has that fuel-y gasoline smell to it that has some pinesol undertones and the rolsyn road smells like straight cheese, its a very complex smell thats sharp on the nose and if i had to give it a specific name i would say Parmesan cheese.

Family shot

IMG_035334.JPG
IMG_035433.JPG

Roslyn Road
IMG_035528.JPG
IMG_036138.JPG
IMG_036238.JPG
IMG_036337.JPG
IMG_036427.JPG

Golden Goat
IMG_036528.JPG
IMG_036628.JPG
IMG_036724.JPG
IMG_036830.JPG
IMG_036927.JPG
IMG_037027.JPG
IMG_037129.JPG

To my eye the Golden Goat looks like she's ready to chop now. I wouldn't wait much longer.
The Rosyln road isn't ready yet. Let her keep on getting her groove on for a bit longer.

Almoast there :slide:

Buds still expanding. :thumb:

yes they are, im still seeing a little growth on alot of the buds for sure :thanks: im going to give them a little more time if what im seeing isn't male flowers

Cut it already! xD Apologies, that's just the inner urge coming out lol. Hold off, get narcotic :)

haha they def look ready for sure i just wanna have some night time meds haha but im thinking im going to have to pull them before i wanted to :Namaste:

Those bursts of growth after harvest date worry me because often times that's where the hermies lurk :/

your way right man im thinking that i have some male flowers showing, you should check my next update and see if thats what im seeing man.

that's some nice looking bud I still have a few months before I can harvest you lucky bastard

haha now that you have the second tent im sure you'll have harvests coming way more often :thanks: and that scrog is going to be nice man

Pretty Update :thumb:

thank you mr hemphog :Namaste:

To my eye the Golden Goat looks like she's ready to chop now. I wouldn't wait much longer.
The Rosyln road isn't ready yet. Let her keep on getting her groove on for a bit longer.

the golden goat def has some amber trichs on it and is looking the worse for wear so im thinking of pulling both since it looks like im having some male flower popping though i just hope that i dont overdue it and have to much to do all at one lol. im going to post some pics you should check out and see if they are male flower coming out on the roslyn road or check out the vid im going to post later but thanx for the input man

mayday, help, :yikes: discovered spider mites.

What to do, NEED ADVICE,

if i remember right your far along in flower right? if you cant spray anything like azamax or whatever your non harmful pesticide of choice is then i would recommend beneficial incests like lady bugs man. i'v only had issues with bugs in the soil so i could always add something to get rid of them sorry man ill see what i can find out if i have time

so i think i may have some male flowers showing on a few of the roslyn road buds but they dont look like sacs just like weird thick hairs that are an off white and thicker then reg hairs. but here are some pics, im going to post the weekly vid with some better close ups if you guys wanna check then out it'll be in the last few mins of the vid.
IMG_037823.JPG
IMG_037923.JPG
IMG_038033.JPG
IMG_038134.JPG
IMG_038231.JPG
IMG_038332.JPG
IMG_038432.JPG
IMG_038531.JPG

Back
Top Bottom