Mars 2 LED Beginners Grow - FFOF - DWC

Im actually going to stop making any BHO until i can get a vac purge to make sure i am not smoking much butane so ive been looking at fresh frozen rosin with all my small buds. it would help with having to trim as much and it would be a solventless oil.

And i weighed the kosher kush and golden goat finally and have final numbers

Kosher Kush: 84 Grams
Golden Goat: 56 Grams
Small bads:19 Grams
Total: 159 Grams
Trim: did not weigh but would guess about 1 OZ

So while that does not sound inpressive as far as how much i got per plant i did end up pulling 1/2 a gram per watt which i am happy with. but i did end up missing my overall goal which was 6 OZ oh well, i was sent some seeds by a fellow :420: citizen and they say they got a plant that was grown under the mars 2 in a scrog and got 10 gram buds so i an hoping to get a pheno to like that.

Pics tomorrow and final weight vid coming soon. smoke report will still be another week or two as i really what to get the full flavor :Namaste:

I wouldn't even worry about the bho
rosin is just as good if not better
you use 0 chems to extract
and if done right the taste is there also

edit

if you press flowers there will always be leftover its hard to press it all out
use the chips to make butter or oil

I wouldn't even worry about the bho
rosin is just as good if not better
you use 0 chems to extract
and if done right the taste is there also

edit

if you press flowers there will always be leftover its hard to press it all out
use the chips to make butter or oil

Thanx for the info brotha, im really trying to get away from the solvents and really hate making bubble so rosin sounds like a winner, just really going to be a pain to press all the bud and dont even know if you can do trim

use the trim to make kief and they sell bags to put the kief in to press out the rosin

use the trim to make kief and they sell bags to put the kief in to press out the rosin

ill have to figure out the rosin tequ as i tried one bud the other day but couldn't get the rosin off the parchment without ripping it, o well practice makes perfect im going to do a 1/4 on my next day off and see if i can get the hang of it

man I need to catch up you leaving me in the dust

its no competition man, and i think your grow is awesome!! :Namaste:

Ok guys i have a bunch of pics and things to update today starting with some bud shots of the Kosher Kush and Golden Goat that have been curing. both have been in jars for 2 weeks and are starting to smell great, i cant wait to smoke some cured product :volcano-smiley:

Kosher Kush buds
IMG_015741.JPG
IMG_015844.JPG
IMG_015942.JPG
IMG_016046.JPG
IMG_016133.JPG
IMG_016240.JPG
IMG_016333.JPG
IMG_016441.JPG
IMG_016734.JPG
IMG_016841.JPG
IMG_016937.JPG
IMG_017036.JPG
IMG_017138.JPG
IMG_017237.JPG

Golden Goat
IMG_017334.JPG
IMG_017443.JPG
IMG_017535.JPG
IMG_017644.JPG
IMG_017738.JPG
IMG_017848.JPG
IMG_017944.JPG
IMG_018047.JPG

ill have to figure out the rosin tequ as i tried one bud the other day but couldn't get the rosin off the parchment without ripping it, o well practice makes perfect im going to do a 1/4 on my next day off and see if i can get the hang of it

its no competition man, and i think your grow is awesome!! :Namaste:

use your dabbing tool and scrape it off it peels off if your using parchment
tasty looking buds btw :thumb:

Crunchy buds with alot of THC there.

:goodjob:

Thank you brotha, i cant wait to try some of these buds as there smelling AMAZING! :thanks:

use your dabbing tool and scrape it off it peels off if your using parchment
tasty looking buds btw :thumb:

i did try to but i dont think i pressed it for long enough as there really wasnt much on the parchment but im going to really do a good 1/4 or so and just try to press a bunch out this weekend.

and thanx for the complement on the buds man im really happy with the quality :Namaste:

Those nuggets are beautiful. Are you going to do another DWC in the future?

Vlad

i actually ended up aborting the DWC run this time for the coco and i def plan on trying DWC in the future i just need to figure my growing out a little better as i ran into problems with the last grow and im running into problems again in the current grow.

i will be sticking to my coco+perlite growing but thanx for stopping my man :roorrip:

Beautiful nugs there arellanobrian, looks like you're in for some fine smoke :)

As for the rosin technique you managed to get a better result than I did. I ended up just flattening buds with nothing left on the paper at all. Maybe my nugs were too dry :thumb:

you should be able to use a small nug and get at least a dab out of it maybe even 2

ill make some in a bit and ill take some pics for you
what temp you squeezing@ what you using for your heat press? flat iron?
I use a flat iron and I also use a clamp to help put pressure like one of those quik grip clamps
I use 320f for heat clamp it down for 3 second and try to clamp it as hard as I can after 3 seconds
and take it off move the nug over and repeat 1 or 2 more times
the leftover chip save for use making oil or butter there is still thc left in there and its decarbed lol

I got some pics for you
you can try it @290f or 270
I still gotta upload for my journal but ill be back and post some for ya

ok heres the pics but before that ill explain my process
so I got the flat iron and 320
for the pic I used a tenth of a gram bud which squeezed me out about a hit
I roll the bud into a tight ball
place it in the parchment paper
clamp it down as hard as I can with a quik grip clamp you can see the clamping part
in one of the pics
whatever brand you like they make a little better one with more pressure than the standard one if you got it or
rather use that
so I got it cclamped down I give it a 3 count squeeze it as hard as I can with the clamp before removing
I repeat this one or 2 more times depends what I see left on the bud and if I can squeeze it off
save the leftover chips for butter or oil

20150809_105311.jpg

20150809_105429.jpg

the temp on the thing didn't wanna show in the pic

20150809_105603.jpg

let it cool for a second then scrape it up and if not gonna use it right away get the parchment paper
fold it over the end of the dabbing blade and squeeze tightly and wipe it off onto the parchment paper

20150809_105805.jpg

Thanks for the walkthrough Cronic you make it look easy enough :) I'll give this another try but I think it might be down to my buds come to think of it as I might have used the straighteners at 170 degrees celsius which works out to around 340 degrees Fahrenheit, I'll need to double check that but I'm pretty sure that's what it was at. Once I've looked and probably found that I'm wrong I'll come back to you lol. All the best :thumb:

Quick edit, just checked the hair straighteners and they are indeed in Celsius so it seems the problem may be with my bud being too dry.

Beautiful nugs there arellanobrian, looks like you're in for some fine smoke :)

As for the rosin technique you managed to get a better result than I did. I ended up just flattening buds with nothing left on the paper at all. Maybe my nugs were too dry :thumb:

thanx man im really happy with the quality but still have to work on perfecting my grow as i'm still running into problems at about 5-6 weeks into flower but thanx for stopping by brotha :volcano-smiley:
Are you have done an EXCELLENT JOB!!!

thanx brotha :lot-o-toke::blunt:

you should be able to use a small nug and get at least a dab out of it maybe even 2

ill make some in a bit and ill take some pics for you
what temp you squeezing@ what you using for your heat press? flat iron?
I use a flat iron and I also use a clamp to help put pressure like one of those quik grip clamps
I use 320f for heat clamp it down for 3 second and try to clamp it as hard as I can after 3 seconds
and take it off move the nug over and repeat 1 or 2 more times
the leftover chip save for use making oil or butter there is still thc left in there and its decarbed lol

i think i may have kept the temps too low from what ive seem you post so far, thanx man. i did a couple buds witthout to much luck anch dont have anything to do tomorrow so ill try a little hotter :thanks:

I was using the wife's hair straighteners at 170 degrees, maybe that's where I'm going wrong. I did like the smell of the bud though lol. Will try again later with a higher temperature :)

i think i was using too low of temps also man!!

Back
Top Bottom